PDA

View Full Version : McGrady/Nowitzki

Supergirl
05-06-2007, 06:17 PM
Two huge upsets, IMO. Nowitzki choked, but what happened to McGrady? He didn't choke, he played awesome, but all the same, you're on your HC, a chance to advance out of the first round for the first time, and you can't push your team over that hurdle? Does he lack that killer instinct I see lacking in Dirk?

I'm tempted to say yes, but I think that's shortsighted. I think McGrady has it, and I predict it now - McGrady will overcome his psychological obstacle sooner than Dirk will. And I think he will find the playoff success he has been lacking, eventually.

What he needs is more help. They've got the foundation defensively (though losing VanGundy hurts), now they need a 6th man to come in and light the spark offensively, to take the load off of McGrady and Yao.

Amarelooms
05-06-2007, 06:37 PM
Two huge upsets, IMO. Nowitzki choked, but what happened to McGrady? He didn't choke, he played awesome, but all the same, you're on your HC, a chance to advance out of the first round for the first time, and you can't push your team over that hurdle? Does he lack that killer instinct I see lacking in Dirk?

I'm tempted to say yes, but I think that's shortsighted. I think McGrady has it, and I predict it now - McGrady will overcome his psychological obstacle sooner than Dirk will. And I think he will find the playoff success he has been lacking, eventually.

What he needs is more help. They've got the foundation defensively (though losing VanGundy hurts), now they need a 6th man to come in and light the spark offensively, to take the load off of McGrady and Yao.

Dirk lead his team to the finals last year...Tmac hasn't gotten out the FIRST ROUND. Don;t compare the two genius :elephant

Supergirl
05-06-2007, 07:34 PM
Dirk lead his team to the finals last year...Tmac hasn't gotten out the FIRST ROUND. Don;t compare the two genius :elephant

And yet, I look at McGrady and he's got that intangible quality that Dirk lacks. His problem is easier to overcome than Dirk's. He just needs more help. Dirk's problem is inside him, and I'm not sure what can be done about it.

DubMcDub
05-06-2007, 07:45 PM
And yet, I look at McGrady and he's got that intangible quality that Dirk lacks. His problem is easier to overcome than Dirk's. He just needs more help. Dirk's problem is inside him, and I'm not sure what can be done about it.

K well Tmac can have his "intangibles" and his 0 for 6 first round record. We'll take Dirk's probable MVP trophy and the fact that he's at least made the Finals once and the WCF twice.

TDMVPDPOY
05-06-2007, 08:47 PM
outside of yao and tmac, the team has noone to provide the offense.

battier is a joke

DOMINATOR
05-06-2007, 09:19 PM
K well Tmac can have his "intangibles" and his 0 for 6 first round record. We'll take Dirk's probable MVP trophy and the fact that he's at least made the Finals once and the WCF twice.
every single team dirk has been on has been better than T-Mac's.

DampierAmGod
05-06-2007, 09:20 PM

What intangible quality? The one that prevents him from making it out of the 1st round? So Dirk had a bad series... oh well, lots of great players have bad series. Dirks problem was that while he had a bad series, so did everyone on his team aside from Diop and Howard. He's going to win an MVP this year and has lead his team to an NBA Finals. Dirk sure looked like he had that "killer instinct" in game 7 last year against the Spurs and game 5 against the Suns last year. And even though people say he played like ass in the Finals last year he still averaged over 20 points a game and 11 rebounds.

So lets wait awhile before thinking this series will define Dirk's career while saying an entire career of 1st round choke jobs doesn't define T-Mac's yet.

DOMINATOR
05-06-2007, 09:30 PM
What intangible quality? The one that prevents him from making it out of the 1st round? So Dirk had a bad series... oh well, lots of great players have bad series. Dirks problem was that while he had a bad series, so did everyone on his team aside from Diop and Howard. He's going to win an MVP this year and has lead his team to an NBA Finals. Dirk sure looked like he had that "killer instinct" in game 7 last year against the Spurs and game 5 against the Suns last year. And even though people say he played like ass in the Finals last year he still averaged over 20 points a game and 11 rebounds.

So lets wait awhile before thinking this series will define Dirk's career while saying an entire career of 1st round choke jobs doesn't define T-Mac's yet.

DubMcDub
05-06-2007, 09:37 PM

Agreed. And that's cause Dirk is on them, rather than TMac.

E20
05-06-2007, 09:41 PM
Who has the bigger package though? I'm pretty sure it's T-Mac since he's black and all.

Extra Stout
05-06-2007, 10:33 PM
The power forwards on the Houston Rockets are Juwan Howard and Chuck Hayes. The starting point guard for the Houston Rockets is Rafer Alston.

That is why TMac can't get out of the first round.

dallaskd
05-06-2007, 10:49 PM
Who has the bigger package though? I'm pretty sure it's T-Mac since he's black and all.

Idkkk...i hear german sausages are pretty big.

Amarelooms
05-06-2007, 11:08 PM
The power forwards on the Houston Rockets are Juwan Howard and Chuck Hayes. The starting point guard for the Houston Rockets is Rafer Alston.

That is why TMac can't get out of the first round.

No excuse..he's got a 7'6' center. Kobe had SHaq and the rest of the players were CRAP. Dirk really only has Howard...1st time allstar..everyone else is streaky :elephant

gtownspur
05-07-2007, 12:10 AM
Agreed. And that's cause Dirk is on them, rather than TMac.

No, If Tmac was inserted instead of Dirk in the GS series, there would have been a game 7.

But theres not and Dirkgina is a pussy ass ho.

Eat shit and die Mavfan.

exstatic
05-07-2007, 12:23 AM
Kobe had SHaq and the rest of the players were CRAP
Robert Horry and Derek Fisher would beg to disagree.

SpursDynasty
05-07-2007, 12:27 AM

Dirk Nowitzki and Tracy McGrady are just two players who just get a couple of lucky shots to fall here and there, and then they get overrated by ESPN and ABC. It's no surprise to me that the Mavs and Rockets got eliminated in the first round, the Warriors and Jazz were better than both of those teams. Fluke seasons for Houston and Dallas.

DampierAmGod
05-07-2007, 12:31 AM
No, If Tmac was inserted instead of Dirk in the GS series, there would have been a game 7.

Eat shit and die Mavfan.

Yea because one more streaky jumpshooter would have made all the difference in the world.

Yea I guess that's Dirks fault. Give me a break. Also, TMac isn't even the best player on his own team. Dirk might have a better supporting cast but they sure didn't play like it against GS. And Dirk is far and away the best player on the Mavs. The only person close is Howard, everyone else is streaky at best.

DubMcDub
05-07-2007, 12:43 AM

Eat shit and die Mavfan.

So angry. :lol.

Glad to know some Spurs fans can't get "Mavfan" out of their domes, even when the Spurs have advanced and the Mavs are done.

WalterBenitez
05-07-2007, 05:31 AM
It is hard to accept, but in this matter Dirk is better than TMAC, TMAC never went to round 2 :guin

Supergirl
05-07-2007, 06:53 AM
It is hard to accept, but in this matter Dirk is better than TMAC, TMAC never went to round 2 :guin

See, this is faulty logic. You imply that Dirk is better than Tmac because his team has had more success. BUT, the whole point several people have made is that TMac has NEVER had the talent around him that Dirk had. I believe if TMac had the talent level of the current Mavericks roster, he'd be playing GS right now, and he'd win the series.

Amarelooms
05-07-2007, 07:55 AM
See, this is faulty logic. You imply that Dirk is better than Tmac because his team has had more success. BUT, the whole point several people have made is that TMac has NEVER had the talent around him that Dirk had. I believe if TMac had the talent level of the current Mavericks roster, he'd be playing GS right now, and he'd win the series.

You over-rate the "talent" Dirk has around him. You mean George and Buckner? How about Damp. I know Croshere is so talented. Terry always shows up huh. Or is it Diops offensive game that impresses you? Must be Stacks consistant game will his stellar FG % lol. Be gone Spurs homer you are just a Mavs hater :elephant

Extra Stout
05-07-2007, 08:01 AM
No excuse..he's got a 7'6' center. Kobe had SHaq and the rest of the players were CRAP. Dirk really only has Howard...1st time allstar..everyone else is streaky :elephant
Over the years:

Ron Harper
Robert Horry
Derek Fisher
Glen Rice
Rick Fox
Karl Malone
Gary Payton

vs.

Rafer Alston
Luther Head
Kirk Snyder
Chuck Hayes
Juwan Howard
Shane Battier
Stromile Swift
Dikembe Mutombo

Yeah, that's the same.
Great take. You clearly know a lot about basketball. :tu

Amarelooms
05-07-2007, 08:28 AM
Over the years:

Ron Harper
Robert Horry
Derek Fisher
Glen Rice
Rick Fox
Karl Malone
Gary Payton

vs.

Rafer Alston
Luther Head
Kirk Snyder
Chuck Hayes
Juwan Howard
Shane Battier
Stromile Swift
Dikembe Mutombo

Yeah, that's the same.
Great take. You clearly know a lot about basketball. :tu

Umm Payton and Malone did not win. Only Horry and Fisher were decent players and by decent we mean hit some bit shots. All in all they are average players at best who make a few shots in the clutch. We're talking about GETTING OUT THE FIRST ROUND dumbfuck not winning it all anyway. Tmac is just not a winner....people rip in Dirk for choking/sucking but he's Jordan compared to Tmac :elephant

smeagol
05-07-2007, 08:50 AM
battier is a joke

Didn't he represent the US in the last world championship?

Supergirl
05-07-2007, 11:51 AM
You over-rate the "talent" Dirk has around him. You mean George and Buckner? How about Damp. I know Croshere is so talented. Terry always shows up huh. Or is it Diops offensive game that impresses you? Must be Stacks consistant game will his stellar FG % lol. Be gone Spurs homer you are just a Mavs hater :elephant

That's funny - at the beginning of the season, and all season long, people have said over and over again how Dallas was the deepest team in the league, and so athletic and capable of playing any style. Now all of a sudden Howard, Terry, Stackhouse, Dampier, George, Buckner, Harris, and Diop are all mediocre, huh? Most sports writers would disagree.

Dallas is still the deepest team in the league, and Dirk has the most talent around him of every NBA superstar in the league.

And, quite frankly, if they hadn't met Golden State in the first round, they would have breezed through 4-0, and no one would be questioning Dirk right now.

longrod
05-07-2007, 12:04 PM
And yet, I look at McGrady and he's got that intangible quality that Dirk lacks.

Intangible quality??? You must be talking about "the size thing"... What else could separate those two perennial chokers??? :wakeup

ATRAIN
05-07-2007, 12:22 PM

Eat shit and die Mavfan.

haha yeah I think someone needs a little nap!!