PDA

View Full Version : Can Stoudemire get back...

Tek_XX
05-06-2007, 06:42 PM
to where he used to be? I remember him dropping everything on us a couple of years ago.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-06-2007, 06:43 PM
I think the three headed monster of Duncan, Horry, and Elson did a great job of defense on him today.

ShoogarBear
05-06-2007, 06:44 PM
I think the three headed monster of Amare, Horry, and Elson did a great job of defense on him today.CIA Pop strikes again.

td4mvp21
05-06-2007, 06:47 PM
Spurs played him tougher than they did. Duncan was more mobile against him (especially his lateral movement), Oberto played pretty well on him, Elson did too. But I'm sure he will be just fine unfortunately :lol.

leemajors
05-06-2007, 06:48 PM
i think it had more to do with limiting nash's assists than anything else...

Borosai
05-06-2007, 06:49 PM
He took a lot of jumpers. I'm sure he will get his points inside next time.

blackbucket
05-06-2007, 06:51 PM
I think the three headed monster of Amare, Horry, and Elson did a great job of defense on him today.

CIA Pop strikes again.

:lol Nice

jmard5
05-06-2007, 06:53 PM
He'll get back. It is fun to see how fundamentally sound Duncan is in the low post against the Suns defenders (Amare and Kurt).

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-06-2007, 06:53 PM
:lol Nice 'sug.

Seriously though, something clicked with Elson in game 4 of the Denver series. Since then his rotations have been crisp, he's staying with his man, boxing out, getting some blocks (even some help side blocks), it looks like he's getting it *knock on wood*.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2007, 06:56 PM
Hey, the center rotation is still in the games this far into the second round.

Borosai
05-06-2007, 07:07 PM
The centers will play against Phoenix, Utah, and any team that comes out of the East. GS is the only question mark. Elson is quick enough to guard their "center" but I'm not sure about their forwards (Jackson). Hopefully the Spurs play the way they've played all season, unlike the Mavs.

sunsbum
05-06-2007, 07:09 PM
im not saying youre D wasnt good on amare but i saw at least 4 shots where amare would have pounded the ball through if he were a shell of his former self. his still missing quite a bit of lift.

jmard5
05-06-2007, 07:10 PM
im not saying youre D wasnt good on amare but i saw at least 4 shots where amare would have pounded the ball through if he were a shell of his former self. his still missing quite a bit of lift.

Agree. Back then he would have slammed it down 2-handed.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2007, 07:11 PM
Back then he would have been whistled for at least two charges.
Fixed.

Tek_XX
05-06-2007, 10:59 PM
yep

Purple & Gold
05-06-2007, 11:05 PM
i think it had more to do with limiting nash's assists than anything else...
Agree the secret to attacking the Suns is to make Nash more of a scorer then a distributor. Plus you need to attack him and force him to play defense.

TDMVPDPOY
05-07-2007, 01:17 AM
i still wont forgive him for doing 5 pushups then blowing both 2 fts, while show boating against the spurs in the wcf

OldDirtMcGirt
05-07-2007, 01:19 AM
Agree. Back then he would have slammed it down 2-handed.

He said awhile back that he lost four inches on his vert. I'm not sure how much of that has been recovered, but not enough.

That said, he was just being a pussy today. Four inches or not, he could've slammed some of those shots. Here's hoping he comes back with a vengeance.

Taking it to the Hole
05-07-2007, 01:58 AM
Nash is really the key. You stop him, and Amare won't get the ball. Amare doesn't scare me like he did awhile back. You can see he's different and I think eventually Nash is going to realize he's all alone and can't depend on Amare or Marion to bail him out. The one player the Spurs need to be concerned with is Barbosa. he's more of a threat than Amare, Marion, and Bell.

TDMVPDPOY
05-07-2007, 02:12 AM
He said awhile back that he lost four inches on his vert. I'm not sure how much of that has been recovered, but not enough.

That said, he was just being a pussy today. Four inches or not, he could've slammed some of those shots. Here's hoping he comes back with a vengeance.

no, cause tim duncan wouldve blockd his shit out of here and stare him down like the child he is, fuck u this is spurta!!

dg7md
05-07-2007, 02:15 AM
i still wont forgive him for doing 5 pushups then blowing both 2 fts, while show boating against the spurs in the wcf

Get over it, you should have since he missed both FT's.

Suns>Spurs
05-07-2007, 02:17 AM
Agree the secret to attacking the Suns is to make Nash more of a scorer then a distributor. Plus you need to attack him and force him to play defense.

:lmao :lmao A laker's fan giving advice on how to beat the suns. How would you know anyway? :spin

UV Ray
05-07-2007, 03:00 AM
:lmao :lmao A laker's fan giving advice on how to beat the suns. How would you know anyway? :spin

Ouch.

Gaddabout
05-07-2007, 06:38 AM

The funny thing is the Lakers DID attack Amare and forced him to play defense. It resulted in a lot of blocks and a lot of embarrassment for that tug boat front line of theirs.

I thought Amare accounted for himself on defense. He's not anywhere near Tim Duncan's ability, but he's improved quite a bit. It was on offense, surprisingly, where Amare looked like a rookie today. Duncan didn't have to play a lot of defense today because he was already in Amare's head.

Sec24Row7
05-07-2007, 06:52 AM

That was in the regular season...

thousandth
05-07-2007, 07:55 AM
I think the three headed monster of Duncan, Horry, and Elson did a great job of defense on him today.

Elson not guard Amare. Tim did guard him. and Oberto when Tim are in the beench.
Elson did job defense on Marion not Amare. Horry too.

TIM DID A GREAT JOB OF DEFENSE ON HIM!!! ok?