PDA

View Full Version : Attention Suns Fans...

TwoHandJam
05-06-2007, 06:46 PM
This is what Tim Duncan looks like when not playing on two bad ankles.

Everyone likes to talk about how Stoudamire went berserk on us in '05 but conveniently forgets that Tim was severely hobbled but still put up decent numbers.

Take note.

That is all.

JMarkJohns
05-06-2007, 06:48 PM
Do you mean, "this is how he plays when not playing on two bad ankles"? Because I'm farely certain Duncan has but one "look" :)

He played a great game out there today. I'm truly jealous.

Borosai
05-06-2007, 06:50 PM
He started off kind of weak, but when he started demanding the ball in the second half, that was a good sign.

td4mvp21
05-06-2007, 06:51 PM
At first, I was disappointed in his play-I thought he wasn't aggressive and WAY too slow. But then he looked vintage in the second half. Stoudemire looked good too even though he had a bad game.

Findog
05-06-2007, 06:52 PM
Spurs in 6. They already have HCA. Come on, the Jazz and Warriors totally fucked up my bracket, I need San Antonio to come through so I don't look like a complete imbecile.

Trainwreck2100
05-06-2007, 06:53 PM
Do you mean, "this is how he plays when not playing on two bad ankles"? Because I'm farely certain Duncan has but one "look" :)

He as at least two.
1)Disinterested
2)Mildly disinterested

PM5K
05-06-2007, 06:54 PM
I thought Tim was hurt last year?

dbreiden83080
05-06-2007, 06:56 PM
Timmy played like the champion he is today down the stretch especially. Demanding the ball either making it happen for himself or his teamates.

JMarkJohns
05-06-2007, 06:56 PM
He as at least two.
1)Disinterested
2)Mildly disinterested

:lol

BruceBowenFan
05-06-2007, 06:58 PM
that was plantear fascitis

TwoHandJam
05-06-2007, 06:59 PM
He struggled with plantar fasciitis last year but in '05 he had two bad ankle sprains entering the playoffs. I don't even think he could get off the ground.

bresilhac

Everyone likes to talk about how Stoudamire went berserk on us in '05 but conveniently forgets that Tim was severely hobbled but still put up decent numbers.

Take note.

That is all.

Good point. Additionally this is what a true MVP should play like in the playoffs. Compare Tim's G1 performance today compared to Dirk's entire performance against Golden State. There is no comparison. If Nowitski is eventually given the MVP trophy this season it'll be the biggest joke in NBA history.

PM5K
I must have a bad memory...

Trainwreck2100
05-06-2007, 07:00 PM
:lol

He was also pretty pissed off when that basketball hit him in the face.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2007, 07:00 PM
I must have a bad memory...
Picture Duncan rolling on the floor, holding his ankle. He hurt it at the end of the Seattle game and the crowd was cheering his injury. He got up and killed them.

boutons_
05-06-2007, 07:01 PM
He was 3-9 in first half, missed some really easy shots, then he go going in the second half.

I think Spurs will be running the ball into Tim more than usula, if that's possible, and he will be taking it strong at Amare and Kurt. One defense on Amare is to get him in foul trouble.

PM5K
05-06-2007, 07:01 PM
I think I was at a GTG for that game...

Trainwreck2100
05-06-2007, 07:02 PM
That was the year of his Det. injury, when his ankle bent so far it made contact with the floor.

jmard5
05-06-2007, 07:03 PM
He started off kind of weak, but when he started demanding the ball in the second half, that was a good sign.

Agree. When you see Tim Duncan demanding the ball in the low post, you know for certain that he wants to help carry the team for a win.

jmard5
05-06-2007, 07:04 PM
He was also pretty pissed off when that basketball hit him in the face.

I don't believe he is begging for the ball on that one. :lol

Obstructed_View
05-06-2007, 07:05 PM
That was the year of his Det. injury, when his ankle bent so far it made contact with the floor.
Yep, that one was nasty.

I need to come up with a response other than "yep". :)

JMarkJohns
05-06-2007, 07:06 PM
He started off weak because Thomas can play him prtty well. No Thomas, and he's going to kill Phoenix. Kill 'em.

I'll never get why D'Antoni doesn't play big this series. Marion/Amare/Thomas up front. It'll work better than praying the Spurs will miss buckets and all the rebounds fall nicely into the Suns laps.

bonesinaz
05-06-2007, 07:10 PM
He started off weak because Thomas can play him prtty well. No Thomas, and he's going to kill Phoenix. Kill 'em.

I'll never get why D'Antoni doesn't play big this series. Marion/Amare/Thomas up front. It'll work better than praying the Spurs will miss buckets and all the rebounds fall nicely into the Suns laps.

Thomas runs a 20 minute mile, that's why.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2007, 07:13 PM
Thomas is effective at defending Duncan. Way more than anyone else is.

dbreiden83080
05-06-2007, 07:13 PM

Take note.

That is all.

Tim had a big series though i think he put up like 27 and 12 a game in that series, so even hobbled he still killed the Suns. Tim was awesome today he is still THE BEST PLAYER IN THE NBA!!

JMarkJohns
05-06-2007, 07:14 PM
Thomas runs a 20 minute mile, that's why.

The Suns had their largest lead with Thomas in. I don't know how to figure a +/- but I'd have to guess Thomas was +11 since with him on the floor they were ahead by as much as six and without him lost the game by five.

Thomas may not be fast, but he has what the Suns need in this series and without him playing Duncan until his sixth foul, they haven't a chance in hell.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2007, 07:15 PM
Tim had a big series though i think he put up like 27 and 12 a game in that series, so even hobbled he still killed the Suns. Tim was awesome today he is still THE BEST PLAYER IN THE NBA!!
I believe it was 28 and 14.

bonesinaz
05-06-2007, 07:16 PM
Tell your coach. He doesn't want to play KT because it slows down the Suns game. You have no chance in a half court game.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2007, 07:19 PM
They'd be better off going 4 on 5 and letting KT stay at the defensive end of the floor.

JMarkJohns
05-06-2007, 07:26 PM
Tell your coach. He doesn't want to play KT because it slows down the Suns game. You have no chance in a half court game.

I don't get how you can justify this statement???

You do realize the last two games the Suns played vs. the Spurs they held halftime leads because Thomas got extended minutes, then lost the game because Thomas was barely off the bench in the second half?

I'm not saying they can win with Thomas on Duncan. Merely that they stand a better chance.

If you can play Duncan straight up, why not do it? Even if it means giving up a little speed.

ShoogarBear
05-06-2007, 07:29 PM
Thomas is effective at defending Duncan. The only person in the world who doesn't know this:

http://www.nba.com/media/euro_dantoni_122205.jpg

ducks
05-06-2007, 07:29 PM
suns have a better shot with thomas guarding duncan
slow the game down and hit your threes

duncan228
05-06-2007, 07:36 PM
Tim Duncan is, in my opinion, the best player in the league. I know this kind of statement opens up a can of worms, but it's how I feel.

I am a Spurs fan because of Duncan. Today he simply showed the world that he still has it.
Those of us watching him closely knew he never lost it. Injury will take a player's game down.

Duncan won his last Title on 2 bad ankles.
He'll win his 4th standing tall.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2007, 07:36 PM
The only person in the world who doesn't know this:

http://www.nba.com/media/euro_dantoni_122205.jpg
He's too busy arguing with the refs.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2007, 07:37 PM
Tim Duncan is, in my opinion, the best player in the league. I know this kind of statement opens up a can of worms, but it's how I feel.

I am a Spurs fan because of Duncan. Today he simply showed the world that he still has it.
Those of us watching him closely knew he never lost it. Injury will take a player's game down.

Duncan won his last Title on 2 bad ankles.
He'll win his 4th standing tall.
It's too bad that the three guys on ESPNews groaned when Duncan said "we like to play in the 90's or the 80's."

Some folks just don't get it.

JMarkJohns
05-06-2007, 07:38 PM
Many times I wish his brother was the Suns coach. Dan D'Antoni is the coach who worked with Diaw and Barbosa last year to turn each into an award-winning youngster. He's a shot-doctor who's worked with Stoudemire on his jumper form as well.

I can't imagine he'd fail to see what the Suns HAVE to do to get back in this series.

duncan228
05-06-2007, 07:40 PM
It's too bad that the three guys on ESPNews groaned when Duncan said "we like to play in the 90's or the 80's."

It doesn't bother me if they get it or not.
I get it. Spurs fans get it.
And Tim Duncan and his Spurs will get their 4th Championship.

Summers
05-06-2007, 07:42 PM

:lol This calls for the 16 faces of Tim Duncan. (But I don't have it).

slayermin
05-06-2007, 07:43 PM

Did they really groan?

Then their azzes should go and cover the And 1 Ballers.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2007, 07:44 PM
Did they really groan?

Then their azzes should go and cover the And 1 Ballers.
Yeah. I really can't believe it. They are also saying that the Spurs played about as well as they possibly could. If your job is to cover the NBA, it seems like you should watch every team play enough to know something. It's amazing that someone wouldn't acquire enough knowledge to appreciate teamwork and defense. Oh well. I do.

FromWayDowntown
05-06-2007, 07:49 PM
The Suns had their largest lead with Thomas in. I don't know how to figure a +/- but I'd have to guess Thomas was +11 since with him on the floor they were ahead by as much as six and without him lost the game by five.

Thomas may not be fast, but he has what the Suns need in this series and without him playing Duncan until his sixth foul, they haven't a chance in hell.

That's a good observation. Thomas was, in fact, the best Sun in the +/- category in Game 1, finishing at +7.

Here are the Suns overall +/- numbers from Game 1:

+7 - Thomas
+5 - Diaw
+4 - Barbosa
-4 - Marion
-5 - Bell
-7 - Stoudemire
-12 - Nash
-13 - Jones

For the Spurs, the numbers looked like this:

+12 - Finley
+11 - Duncan
+10 - Parker
+7 - Bowen
+6 - Elson
0 - Horry
-5 - Barry
-5 - Oberto
-5 - Vaughn
-6 - Ginobili

1Parker1
05-06-2007, 07:53 PM
It also helped that Thomas was also making shots at the other end for the Suns as well. Problem is, I don't think D Antoni wants to give Thomas so many minutes at the expense of Amare. He's probably thinking that Amare's offense will offset any of Tim's offense.

Clutch20
05-06-2007, 08:09 PM
Thomas is effective at defending Duncan. Way more than anyone else is.
Timmy will figure out Thomas's weaknesses and put to rest a grudge from back in the days.

nkdlunch
05-06-2007, 08:25 PM
he owns studdermire

Purple & Gold
05-06-2007, 08:36 PM
I think this series is over.

td4mvp21
05-06-2007, 08:39 PM
I don't think the Spurs played their best at all. They missed a lot of shots they normally make. I'm not sure the Suns played their best either, but I think the Spurs defense had something to do with it. Unfortunately for Suns fans, I can't say the same for the Suns' defense.