PDA

View Full Version : Spurs vs. Suns Game 1 - Grades

timvp
05-06-2007, 06:57 PM
Tim Duncan
Duncan had a poor first quarter. He was missing easy shots and wasn't making very good decisions. For the final three quarters, he was phenomenal. Offensively, he was dominant and it might have been his best game on the low block this season. Defensively, he was also very, very good. The only thing I can critique him on defensively is that his pick-and-roll defense wasn't perfect. Overall, this was a vintage Tim Duncan performance.
Grade: A

Manu Ginobili
I guess it's time to start getting worried. In the Nuggets series, the thinking was that George Karl made Ginobili Denver's number one priority to stop. In this game, Ginobili wasn't double nearly as much and the Suns don't have a Marcus Camby waiting in the paint. His aggression level was decent but his effectiveness was poor. He avoids a lower grade due to his rebounding and the fact that he didn't have a turnover.
Grade: C-

Tony Parker
Parker took on the two-time reigning MVP and matched him play for play. Fantastic game out of Parker whose energy was probably the biggest reason the Spurs won the game. He made the Suns pay defensively no matter who they put on him. It was easily one of his best playoff games of his career. The only negative you can point to are his turnovers, but nearly all of them were out of being aggressive.

Bruce Bowen
Bowen played decent but he never got into a groove defensively. The matchup with Nash is an amazingly difficult one and he didn't do much more than someone like Parker would have done on him. Offensively he only had three points on two shots, but the one shot he did hit was a big one. He also gets props for pulling down seven rebounds, including a key rebound late.
Grade: B

Francisco Elson
Some good plays and a good amount of bad plays for Elson. One second he'd look competent, the next second you'd have to wonder how he's in the NBA. Overall, he needs to rebound more -- especially against this team. He had a good block and had decent energy, but he can play a lot better than he showed.
Grade: C+

Michael Finley
Finley continues to be huge in this playoff run. Without his 19 points, the Spurs don't win this game. His defense was also very good. Overall, you can't complain about much Finley is doing. He has stepped up and his been the third scorer the Spurs need in recent games.
Grade: A-

Brent Barry
Barry only got eight minutes on the court. In that time, he missed a wide open three, got two rebounds and an assist. He was decent but the Spurs need more from him this series.
Grade: C+

Fabricio Oberto
Oberto continues to play solid. His post defense was very good. He scored a huge basket for his only two points of the game. He also pulled down two rebounds in his ten minutes. He's really a calming influence out there and hasn't made many mistakes this postseason.

Robert Horry
Horry flew under the radar like usual but he was very effective and efficient this game. In 28 minutes, he had ten points, seven rebounds and two blocks. And like usual, he hit an enormous shot. I'm running out of good things to say about him this playoffs.

Jacque Vaughn
This was Vaughn's worst playoff game of the season. He gets himself in trouble when he tries to do too much offensively. When he's just distributing and shooting wide open jumpers, he's a pretty good placeholder. When he tries to do more than that, he's a liability. His defense was also nothing to write home about.
Grade: D+

Pop
Pop is proving that he can be a huge advantage for the Spurs over D'Antoni. He coached a much better game than his Suns' counterpart. What impressed most was his stubbornness in staying big, which resulted in the Spurs having a +14 advantage on the boards. He also allowed Parker to attack at will, which really wore down the Suns. However, the Spurs defense could play better and Pop needs to find a way to get Ginobili playing better again. But overall, very nice job by Pop.

Trainwreck2100
05-06-2007, 06:57 PM
Suns trainer A++++

Obstructed_View
05-06-2007, 06:59 PM
I'm curious as to what you are blaming Elson for. He had a terrible travel, but I thought he was very good for the rest of the game.

ShoogarBear
05-06-2007, 07:00 PM
Pop > D'Antoni may be the key matchup of this series.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-06-2007, 07:01 PM
Vaughn - don't you mean D+? He played the worst I've seen him play and had 4 TOs in 10 mins.

Kobulingam
05-06-2007, 07:01 PM
Manu gets an F minus.

1Parker1
05-06-2007, 07:02 PM
Suns trainer A++++

:lmao

And damn, you're fast with these Timvp!

timvp
I'm curious as to what you are blaming Elson for. He had a terrible travel, but I thought he was very good for the rest of the game.

His rotations were decent at best. He made a couple mistakes in transition defense by picking up the wrong guy. Offensively he did nothing that took advantage that a shooting guard was on him a lot of the time. Didn't take advantage of his height rebounding the ball.

Seriously, a C+ was pretty nice of me.

Borosai
I agree with the grades. Manu needs to have one of those games to get going. Finley has been amazing...he definitely wants that ring. Holla!

sunsbum
how do you not give vaugn and F? the guy was horrible and the suns practically begged him to shoot everytime he brought up the ball. that being said i hope he plays plenty next game.

lefty
Juat an A for Parker ? I thought he deserved an A+, because he got Nash out of the game :lol

RuffnReadyOzStyle
Manu gets an F minus.

Not with 9 rebounds, a couple of them clutch, and 4 asts he doesn't, and not when Fin is hitting shots and he doesn't need to.

If he forced up 15 shots in this game he gets an F.

GrandeDavid
05-06-2007, 07:03 PM
Finley is FEELING this championship run, and because of that, so am I. Heavy props to Tony, Tim and Robert, and I'll look for Manu to get his, eventually.

JMarkJohns

Don't you mean mismatch? :depressed

timvp

I couldn't believe the time D'Antoni put Kurt Thomas out there with Duncan not on the floor ... and then when Duncan went in, D'Antoni pulled Thomas.

That was one of the oddest coaching moves I've ever seen.

Obstructed_View
His rotations were decent at best. He made a couple mistakes in transition defense by picking up the wrong guy. Offensively he did nothing that took advantage that a shooting guard was on him a lot of the time. Didn't take advantage of his height rebounding the ball.

Cool. I'll go back and watch the game again before I respond.

boutons_
05-06-2007, 07:04 PM
"4 TOs in 10 mins."

and 4 PF in 3 minutes

Kori Ellis
05-06-2007, 07:04 PM
I really hope Tony doesn't have any ill effects from the collision because he destroyed the Suns today. In addition to driving, his jumper was freakin' money.

kris
05-06-2007, 07:05 PM
Duncan was more aggresive than he has been in years. Great game by him and A+ for bringing the pivot, fake, reverse jump hook out of retirment.

That's what I've been waiting for. He was dunking, calling for the ball, aggressive.

He didn't do it 100% of the game, but it was good to see the old Duncan back.

Nice game, Tim.

Spurs will be champions if he keeps playing like this.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-06-2007, 07:07 PM
I really hope Tony doesn't have any ill effects from the collision because he destroyed the Suns today. In addition to driving, his jumper was freakin' money.
Tony is supremely confident in his jumper when he plays the Suns. I really trust him shooting that against the suns every time. No wonder why he's averaging like 28 + against them.

When Tony's jumper is on, he's basically unstoppable.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-06-2007, 07:09 PM
Duncan was more aggresive than he has been in years. Great game by him and A+ for bringing the pivot, fake, reverse jump hook out of retirment.

That's what I've been waiting for. He was dunking, calling for the ball, aggressive.

He didn't do it 100% of the game, but it was good to see the old Duncan back.

Nice game, Tim.

Spurs will be champions if he keeps playing like this.
I really liked when he called for the ball from Manu. He's definitely looking to carry this team as opposed to 2005 when he was on two bad ankles and not the most aggressive/confident in his ability, (lateral movement, etc.).

aaronstampler
05-06-2007, 07:10 PM
I agree with the other poster, I don't see how Vaughn doesn't get an F. He was absolutely terrible at both ends.

I don't quite understand how Bruce got a B either. Nash scored on him rather easily all day. I know it's a part of our strategy to turn Nash into a scorer rather than a passer, but I thought he'd have to get his points on a bunch of fadeaway 14 footers, not lay-up after lay-up.

Also, I think you're being a bit too kind with Horry. I thought his pick and roll defense was pretty shaky.

As far as Manu goes, I don't disagree with the grade, but I think he's kind of painting himself into a corner. The worse he shoots from the outside, the more other teams will sag off him and make driving that much harder. Either he's going to have to get hot from the perimeter before he can drive again (he was on his way before that 2nd foul in the 1st) or he'll have to work some give and goes with Timmy to get himself going.

ShoogarBear
05-06-2007, 07:10 PM
I couldn't believe the time D'Antoni put Kurt Thomas out there with Duncan not on the floor ... and then when Duncan went in, D'Antoni pulled Thomas.

That was one of the oddest coaching moves I've ever seen.No kidding. D'Antoni underplayed Thomas in the last regular season matchup, too.

He must be the only man in America who can't see that Thomas does a great job on Duncan and needs to be out there 30 minutes a game.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-06-2007, 07:11 PM
You lose credibility when you give Elson the same grade as Barry.

Brent was useless today, Elson made some great plays, including covering up a Duncan fuck up that allowed Marion to get to the rim.

Elson was deserving of at least a B today.

Kori Ellis
05-06-2007, 07:13 PM
I agree with the other poster, I don't see how Vaughn doesn't get an F. He was absolutely terrible at both ends.

I don't quite understand how Bruce got a B either. Nash scored on him rather easily all day. I know it's a part of our strategy to turn Nash into a scorer rather than a passer, but I thought he'd have to get his points on a bunch of fadeaway 14 footers, not lay-up after lay-up.

Also, I think you're being a bit too kind with Horry. I thought his pick and roll defense was pretty shaky.

As far as Manu goes, I don't disagree with the grade, but I think he's kind of painting himself into a corner. The worse he shoots from the outside, the more other teams will sag off him and make driving that much harder. Either he's going to have to get hot from the perimeter before he can drive again (he was on his way before that 2nd foul in the 1st) or he'll have to work some give and goes with Timmy to get himself going.

I'm guessing Bruce's rebounding was enough to bump up his grade.

Manu, he just needs to knock down some shots and get in some rhythm. I have full confidence in him - I was actually sure that today he was going to come up big in the 4th. At least he is still doing all the intangibles, even if he isn't scoring.

timvp
05-06-2007, 07:14 PM

Brent was useless today, Elson made some great plays, including covering up a Duncan fuck up that allowed Marion to get to the rim.

You do realize he was guarded by James Jones and did nothing rebounding or offensive wise with that matchup. When Oberto is in, they at least don't put a shooting guard on him.

Kobulingam
No kidding. D'Antoni underplayed Thomas in the last regular season matchup, too.

He must be the only man in America who can't see that Thomas does a great job on Duncan and needs to be out there 30 minutes a game.

He'll need to get approval from Nash before that.

Kori Ellis

The players aren't graded against each other.

Anyway, Elson fucked up a lot today - everyone at the GTG was cussing him out almost in unison. He had some nice plays too ... but some of the time he was just horrid.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-06-2007, 07:16 PM
You do realize he was guarded by James Jones and did nothing rebounding or offensive wise with that matchup. When Oberto is in, they at least don't put a shooting guard on him.

Uh, if we would have been posting up Elson on Jones with Duncan in the building somewhere, even you would have been calling for Pop to be fired.

aaronstampler
05-06-2007, 07:16 PM
Elson might have had the worst traveling violation I've seen all year. He plays like a retard at times.

timvp
05-06-2007, 07:17 PM
Uh, if we would have been posting up Elson on Jones with Duncan in the building somewhere, even you would have been calling for Pop to be fired.

And that stops him from getting a rebound how?

ploto

I thought you'd give him a D. Pop sure did-- 2 minutes into the third quarter, Horry was at the table and Elson was never seen again. Pop trusts Oberto more in the fourth quarter than Elson.

Obstructed_View
He didn't get any rebounds? Damn.

timvp
05-06-2007, 07:18 PM
I gave Elson props for Game 5 when he played well. This game, unless you get excited by blocked shots into the crowd when he could have blocked it to a teammate, I didn't see much he did well that would put him over a decent grade.

Kori Ellis
05-06-2007, 07:19 PM
He didn't get any rebounds? Damn.
He had two.

timvp
05-06-2007, 07:20 PM
The Spurs have sunken to a low point when their center gets props even when he has more turnovers and fouls than points and rebounds.

JPB
05-06-2007, 07:20 PM
Tony is supremely confident in his jumper when he plays the Suns. I really trust him shooting that against the suns every time. No wonder why he's averaging like 28 + against them.

When Tony's jumper is on, he's basically unstoppable.

The rainbow one he hit when he was really hot after hitting the previous 3 spurs shot was disgusting for the suns defense.

I've also noticed than he doesn't use his TM teardrop as often as he was. that's probably cos he was confifent in his shoot.

Really great game from TP. I'm glad it was live here in Paris (2 AM right now)

Off topic, i liked the "on consoling Dirk" banner that appeared when ABC showed a a Nash ITW clip... I didn't put the sound on to watch the game and that looked a bit strange.

aaronstampler
05-06-2007, 07:24 PM
I've got to give Tony credit, his jumper looked as good as it's ever been. Hell he was more effective with it than driving to the basket for most of the game. Still, he has to trust his teammates, be smart with the ball, and concentrate defensively against Barbosa. As long as LB has games where he has to take 17 shots to score 18 points, I like our chances.

timvp
05-06-2007, 07:26 PM
Oh and regarding Vaughn, he was horrible but he's not very good to begin with. An F for Vaughn would have to be even worse.

1Parker1
05-06-2007, 07:26 PM

Odder than thinking that Shawn Marion can stop........Tony Parker? :wtf :lol

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-06-2007, 07:28 PM
Ha yeah, now that was just silly. :D

aaronstampler
05-06-2007, 07:28 PM

You gotta have Marion guarding somebody. He's your 2nd best defender if you're Phoenix. It's kind of a waste putting him on Bowen. Who do you want the Suns to put on Tony, Nash so TP can score 40?

1Parker1
05-06-2007, 07:29 PM
Elson might have had the worst traveling violation I've seen all year. He plays like a retard at times.

:lol That's wrong but true. Sometimes he just looks so completely lost out there that's it's scary....

JMarkJohns
05-06-2007, 07:30 PM
If he tried it, I missed it, but did D'Antoni ever try Bell on Parker? Not that it would amount to much, but he might make it tougher for penetration and allow for single defense on Parker more so than any other player. I know that frees up Manu, but I think Bell on Parker/Marion on Manu works better defensively than does the other way around.

JPB
05-06-2007, 07:32 PM
I've got to give Tony credit, his jumper looked as good as it's ever been. Hell he was more effective with it than driving to the basket for most of the game. Still, he has to trust his teammates, be smart with the ball, and concentrate defensively against Barbosa. As long as LB has games where he has to take 17 shots to score 18 points, I like our chances.

I think he did a good job at finding Fin or Horry for good shoots. 8 assists is fine to go with his 32 pts. Besides when you're hot, it's not a bad thing to play for yourself for some streches, specially when you go for 14 on 22 at the end.

But I still think he's not getting all the calls he would deserve specially at the end of games when refs are more reluctant to whistle.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-06-2007, 07:32 PM
You gotta have Marion guarding somebody. He's your 2nd best defender if you're Phoenix. It's kind of a waste putting him on Bowen. Who do you want the Suns to put on Tony, Nash so TP can score 40?
That mismatch strategy with Tony only works with SF's like Lebron.

Marion on Tony is similar to Karl's mistake in putting Carmello on him. It's a mismatch and Tony's going to take the taller forward every time.

I actually would put Barbosa on Tony, just stay in front of Tony and lead him to Kurt and Amare or Diaw or whoever. Marion should guard one of our shooters like Finley, Barry or Horry. Since he's lanky enough to alter their jumpshots.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-06-2007, 07:34 PM
If he tried it, I missed it, but did D'Antoni ever try Bell on Parker? Not that it would amount to much, but he might make it tougher for penetration and allow for single defense on Parker more so than any other player. I know that frees up Manu, but I think Bell on Parker/Marion on Manu works better defensively than does the other way around.
I think Manu would abuse Marion worse than Parker did.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-06-2007, 07:34 PM
:oops

timvp
05-06-2007, 07:36 PM
Plus/Minus For Game 1
Finley +12
Duncan +11
Parker +10
Bowen +7
Elson +6
Horry 0
Oberto -5
Vaughn -5
Barry -5
Ginobili -6

Elson's and Bowen's numbers are a little inflated since they both played a lot of their minutes with Tony and Tim on the court. For Horry, it was the reverse.

It's scary that Ginobili isn't even having an effect in the +/- stats. Even when he doesn't put up stats, you can usually trust that he's going to put up a decent +/-. The Spurs seriously need to find a way to get him going and Manu has to step up. Horry and Finley won't be playing this well forever.

bigfan
05-06-2007, 07:37 PM
In the unsung hero dept, I agree with your A- for Oberto. He's not the biggest or fastest, but he plays smart and I think he gets alot done in the paint on both ends. Good passer and can make an occasional shot. Im glad we have him now.

slayermin
05-06-2007, 07:37 PM

I saw that too. I didn't understand why he had Thomas in there when TD was sitting.

As Barkley would put it, TD beat up on the midgets all game long. Stoudemire can't guard him, and it's hilarious when Marion and Diaw gives it a try.

aaronstampler
05-06-2007, 07:38 PM
That mismatch strategy with Tony only works with SF's like Lebron.

Marion on Tony is similar to Karl's mistake in putting Carmello on him. It's a mismatch and Tony's going to take the taller forward every time.

I actually would put Barbosa on Tony, just stay in front of Tony and lead him to Kurt and Amare or Diaw or whoever. Marion should guard one of our shooters like Finley, Barry or Horry. Since he's lanky enough to alter their jumpshots.

That's just it, when it's Tim-Oberto/Elson-Bowen-Manu-Parker, who do you have Marion guard? Their best two defenders are both suited to guard Manu and nobody else... basically when we put Horry in the game, we do Marion a favor by giving him somebody to guard.

timvp
05-06-2007, 07:38 PM
I think Manu would abuse Marion worse than Parker did.

Manu hasn't been abusing the likes of Steve Blake or Steve Nash. Marion is a much better defender than either of them.

Kori Ellis
05-06-2007, 07:40 PM

Well sometimes in the past, they use Marion on Tim. That's the other option other than Tony, if they are leaving Raja on Fin/Manu.

aaronstampler
05-06-2007, 07:42 PM
So you want Amare to guard Tony then?

timvp
05-06-2007, 07:45 PM
Playing Marion on Parker makes sense for the Suns. You want Parker to beat you with his jumper and Marion is quick enough and long enough to lay off Parker and still get up on his jumper.

Parker just had an amazing shooting game. For the strategy of making Parker beat you with his jumper (which has been successful in the past in the playoffs), Marion is one of the best options in the league.

That was one of D'Antoni's better coaching moves.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-06-2007, 07:46 PM
Manu hasn't been abusing the likes of Steve Blake or Steve Nash. Marion is a much better defender than either of them.
:lol was Steve Nash guarding him?

Well Manu hasn't shown himself to abuse Raja Bell, but I still think Marion's a mismatch for Manu. Besides that Steve Blake comment speaks less on their defense on him, and more so Manu just being out of sync and tentative on O. This is the guy who took on Tayshaun Prince and eventually got around Ron Artest's defense.

1Parker1
05-06-2007, 07:47 PM
Marion is better suited to guard Manu or help out on Duncan. I would think James Jones/Raja Bell on Parker would be the smarter thing to do.

timvp
05-06-2007, 07:48 PM
I didn't see anything Bell did that disrupted Manu. Manu is just a rhythm player not playing in rhythm at the moment.

That needs to change, whether by a coaching move or Manu finding ways to be effective.

WalterBenitez
05-06-2007, 07:48 PM
Manu gets an F minus.

"Z" is also a reputable letter to Manu's game!!! :oops

aaronstampler
05-06-2007, 07:49 PM
Playing Marion on Parker makes sense for the Suns. You want Parker to beat you with his jumper and Marion is quick enough and long enough to lay off Parker and still get up on his jumper.

Parker just had an amazing shooting game. For the strategy of making Parker beat you with his jumper (which has been successful in the past in the playoffs), Marion is one of the best options in the league.

That was one of D'Antoni's better coaching moves.

Thanks, that's what I've been trying to say. Unless we play smallball, or we play with Horry, Marion has no choice but to guard Tony. You can tell how concerned D'Antoni is with the team's defense because he played Marion 43 mins and Bell 45 mins. If those guys ever go on the bench, we can pretty much score at will.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-06-2007, 07:50 PM

He didn't have James on him the whole time.

And I'm sorry, but our defense only really suffered when Oberto was in the game, particularly in the second half when Phoenix turned a 9 point SA lead into them being on top.

I'm not saying Elson didn't make mistakes, hell that travel call was about as stupid as it gets.

I just don't get why he gets a C, and Oberto games an A and Barry gets the same grade.

aaronstampler
05-06-2007, 07:51 PM
I didn't see anything Bell did that disrupted Manu. Manu is just a rhythm player not playing in rhythm at the moment.

That needs to change, whether by a coaching move or Manu finding ways to be effective.

Outside of him getting his jumper going, the only thing he can try is working more give and go's with Timmy.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-06-2007, 07:51 PM

I think Manu should look to be less of a playmaker and just keep trying to take the ball in.

He tries once, and then goes on to try and make 3 more plays for his guys.

Tim hits his passes from Manu. Vaughn and whoever miss theirs.

timvp
05-06-2007, 07:52 PM
Marion is better suited to guard Manu or help out on Duncan. I would think James Jones/Raja Bell on Parker would be the smarter thing to do.

I don't know .... I've never seen Bell on Parker in Bell's career. But with the way a bigger player has to guard Parker (back off and put a hand up on jumpers), I'd imagine Marion is their best option.

If D'Antoni gives up on that way of guarding Parker, Barbosa is probably their best option. But then again, no one has ever accused Barbosa of being a defensive stopper.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-06-2007, 07:52 PM
He didn't have James on him the whole time.

And I'm sorry, but our defense only really suffered when Oberto was in the game, particularly in the second half when Phoenix turned a 9 point SA lead into them being on top.

I'm not saying Elson didn't make mistakes, hell that travel call was about as stupid as it gets.

I just don't get why he gets a C, and Oberto games an A and Barry gets the same grade.
They're graded in regard to the players' individual expectations. Don't compare players' grades to each other.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-06-2007, 07:55 PM
I don't know .... I've never seen Bell on Parker in Bell's career. But with the way a bigger player has to guard Parker (back off and put a hand up on jumpers), I'd imagine Marion is their best option.

If D'Antoni gives up on that way of guarding Parker, Barbosa is probably their best option. But then again, no one has ever accused Barbosa of being a defensive stopper. It would help if they actually studied how to defend Tony's jumper. Marion did a great job on Dirk, so why not Tony?
Did they ever learn to close in on Tony sooner before he gets his jumpshot off?

Tony even said to Diaw, "How come you guys always leave me open? " :lol

Kori Ellis
05-06-2007, 07:57 PM
So you want Amare to guard Tony then?

No, I don't. I was just saying that Tim is the other person that Marion usually guards.

timvp
05-06-2007, 07:58 PM
It would help if they actually studied how to defend Tony's jumper.

Actually, I'm perfectly happy the way it is. I'd have no complaints if ParkerBasket become best of fwiendz.

:smokin

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-06-2007, 07:58 PM
They're graded in regard to the players' individual expectations. Don't compare players' grades to each other.

So, if Oberto only comes up with two rebounds and gets beat on defense repeatedly, he gets an A-.

Elson only comes up with two boards, has some good defensive plays, some boneheaded offensive plays, he gets a C+?

I guess maybe we need to redefine 'expectations' for those two.

1Parker1
05-06-2007, 08:00 PM

If D'Antoni gives up on that way of guarding Parker, Barbosa is probably their best option. But then again, no one has ever accused Barbosa of being a defensive stopper.

:lol Oh man, Barbosa would be in foul trouble if he had to guard Parker...

diego
05-06-2007, 08:00 PM
big props for tony, he was huge today.

duncan was great as well.

horry and finley continue to contribute nicely.

i hope manu and vaugn pick it up for next game!

1Parker1
05-06-2007, 08:02 PM

I think Bell has the size and better lateral speed to defend/keep up with Parker than Marion.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2007, 08:04 PM
So, if Oberto only comes up with two rebounds and gets beat on defense repeatedly, he gets an A-.

Elson only comes up with two boards, has some good defensive plays, some boneheaded offensive plays, he gets a C+?

Timvp and Kori expect more from Elson.

aaronstampler
05-06-2007, 08:04 PM
Duncan is a physical mismatch for Marion and Tony is a speed mismatch. If we're playing Duncan-Elson-Bowen-Ginobili-Parker, they should respond by putting Diaw or Thomas in, moving Marion to SF, bench Bell, and put Barbosa at SG.

That way they can put Nash on Bowen, Marion on Ginobili, rebound well, and possibly even throw some double teams at Timmy.

timvp
05-06-2007, 08:07 PM
Timvp and Kori expect more from Elson.

I have no expectations for Elson. Whatever he gives is a plus. I would just like to see him help more than he hurts.

Almost every game in the first round people said I gave him too high of a grade. Go back and check.

But yeah next time I'll remember that two points, two rebounds, two turnovers and three fouls while being guarded by a shooting guard is an A+.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-06-2007, 08:08 PM
Actually, I'm perfectly happy the way it is. I'd have no complaints if ParkerBasket become best of fwiendz.

:lol me too.

I need to put one of my Tim_Tony, best of fwiendz pic in my sig some time. .

Obstructed_View
05-06-2007, 08:16 PM
I have no expectations for Elson. Whatever he gives is a plus. I would just like to see him help more than he hurts.

Almost every game in the first round people said I gave him too high of a grade. Go back and check.

But yeah next time I'll remember that two points, two rebounds, two turnovers and three fouls while being guarded by a shooting guard is an A+.
Hey, don't get all bent out of shape about it. You gave him a lower grade than Oberto and Elson played better. You routinely ignore Horry's defensive lapses, and routinely blame Elson for any score while he's on the floor. When Elson produces numbers, you point to his bad rotations. When he rotates well, you point to his numbers. Since Rasho and Nazr deserved to be benched last year in your eyes, you should be doing jumping jacks that Elson can stay on the floor for any length of time.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2007, 08:20 PM
Shit. I wasn't going to respond until I re-watched the game. Sorry.

MannyIsGod
05-06-2007, 08:22 PM
Odder than thinking that Shawn Marion can stop........Tony Parker? :wtf :lolThat for me is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. Marion's only advantadge is length but if you give Tony the amount of area from the top of the key to the rim he's length is never going to be an issue because Tony is always going to blow past him.

You saw it time and time again - Tony would simply back him up and blow past him. I loved it.

But it also screws the Suns because it moves Marion out of rebounding range and that really hurts them on the boards. Marion is flat out pathetic and nearly useless against the Spurs.

MannyIsGod
05-06-2007, 08:23 PM

If D'Antoni gives up on that way of guarding Parker, Barbosa is probably their best option. But then again, no one has ever accused Barbosa of being a defensive stopper.Raja Bell was guarding Parker in most of their games last year.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2007, 08:28 PM
That for me is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. Marion's only advantadge is length but if you give Tony the amount of area from the top of the key to the rim he's length is never going to be an issue because Tony is always going to blow past him.

You saw it time and time again - Tony would simply back him up and blow past him. I loved it.

But it also screws the Suns because it moves Marion out of rebounding range and that really hurts them on the boards. Marion is flat out pathetic and nearly useless against the Spurs.
Nash did the same to Bowen on the other end, though. I hope they make that adjustment.

timvp
05-06-2007, 08:36 PM
Hey, don't get all bent out of shape about it. You gave him a lower grade than Oberto and Elson played better. You routinely ignore Horry's defensive lapses, and routinely blame Elson for any score while he's on the floor. When Elson produces numbers, you point to his bad rotations. When he rotates well, you point to his numbers. Since Rasho and Nazr deserved to be benched last year in your eyes, you should be doing jumping jacks that Elson can stay on the floor for any length of time.

:jack

You give Elson too much credit. Yes, this was his best game, but he couldn't possibly have regressed any further.

Most of the grades were pretty on. (Elson's might have been too high.)

you give duncan a b+ while elson did jackshit gets a b?

Elson: C. Good grade for him, but still making the bone-headed fouls and not playing smart ball. Oh well, he didn't -hurt- us tonight at least.

I felt Elson's score should have been a C at best due to his defensive shortcomings, i.e. losing his man under the basket for a couple of easy dunks. A few nice rebounds keep Elson from the D range. .

Elson had cold heart last night.
I like more Horry and Oberto in this series.

Elson still getting a decent grade? IMO, he was horrible throughout the game.

Literally every game I've written grades, people have come in to say I've graded Elson too kindly. No one (outside of you and T Park) has ever said he played better than I give him credit for. The ratio is like 25 to 1 in favor of people who say Elson played worse than his grade.

But yeah, go watch the game again and take off the Elson homer glasses. I've been overly understanding of his shortcomings this playoffs.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2007, 08:43 PM
Funny that you get so fuckin' defensive about it. You know you don't like him. You haven't all year long. It's okay to admit it. There are other people that hate him too. Wow. What a revelation. He gets a big block, and you criticize him for swatting it out of bounds instead of tapping it to a teammate. Seriously, dude, you sound like ducks.

aaronstampler
05-06-2007, 08:43 PM
I think one adjustment we'll have to make in Game 2 is putting Bowen back on Marion and letting Tony guard Nash as best as he can. After the way Game 1 ended with Nash bleeding and missing the last couple of minutes (though it wasn't anyone's fault) and all the D'Antoni whining afterward, I think the Suns will get a ton of calls in Game 2. Really, this is supposed to be the best series of the playoffs, so I doubt Stern will want it to be over in just four or five games.

I think if we keep Bowen on Nash, he's going to be whistled for a bunch of cheap fouls, and quickly. If we keep Parker on Nash, he'll play him less physically and will have a chance to stay in the game. Besides, Bowen didn't do a very good job on Nash today anyway, which surprised me. Let's just put him on Marion and completely take Shawn out of the game.

We're pretty much going to have to play a perfect game in Game 2 to win because I think the zebras will make it pretty lopsided. Still, I'm excited with the win today and even more excited that the championship is now on our racquet. As long as we don't lose another home game, it's ours.

timvp
05-06-2007, 08:47 PM
Funny that you get so fuckin' defensive about it. You know you don't like him. You haven't all year long. It's okay to admit it. There are other people that hate him too. Wow. What a revelation. He gets a big block, and you criticize him for swatting it out of bounds instead of tapping it to a teammate. Seriously, dude, you sound like ducks.

:lol

Get refuel Elson make shooters CIA block dunk wow me Spurs Lebraun.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2007, 08:53 PM

Get refuel Elson make shooters CIA block dunk wow me Spurs Lebraun.
:lol I'd call that one "post of the day" except for the Nash bleeding vagina post.

Seriously, I'll watch the game again and we'll re-visit it. I think you are a tad biased, but I have enough respect for your takes that I don't want to just trade jabs about it in the meantime. I call kings X.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2007, 08:54 PM
We're pretty much going to have to play a perfect game in Game 2 to win because I think the zebras will make it pretty lopsided. Still, I'm excited with the win today and even more excited that the championship is now on our racquet. As long as we don't lose another home game, it's ours.
I thought the game was going to go that way today, but then they were calling things that they could have let go if they were trying to screw the Spurs. I've been looking for the refs to get Timmy back so far these playoffs and I honestly can't see any evidence of it.

timvp
05-06-2007, 08:57 PM
:lol I'd call that one "post of the day" except for the Nash bleeding vagina post.

Seriously, I'll watch the game again and we'll re-visit it. I think you are a tad biased, but I have enough respect for your takes that I don't want to just trade jabs about it in the meantime. I call kings X.

Fair.

I've tried to look at the bright side of the Elson picture. For the record, once the playoffs start, I like all Spurs.

Even Beno.

TXan11
05-06-2007, 09:02 PM
You forgot to give Mark Wonderlich an A+++++++

That foul on Amare at the end of the first half had me in stitches on the floor! LOL! Timmy pulls him down and Amare gets the foul! Huge call cause Amare has greatly improved his D since '05 and was doing very well (18 boards). That call meant he couldn't play D in the third, which was when we turned it up.

I also enjoyed the Parker flop on the inbounds. It's a tough call either way, but you gotta love Parker's veteran move to flop knowing the ref would make that call. Nice job! :spin

Obstructed_View
05-06-2007, 09:03 PM
Fair.

I've tried to look at the bright side of the Elson picture. For the record, once the playoffs start, I like all Spurs.

Even Beno.

Absolutely. I'm hoping for the worst guy on the Spurs to do well, too. I understand that we are all fans first.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2007, 09:04 PM

That foul on Amare at the end of the first half had me in stitches on the floor! LOL! Timmy pulls him down and Amare gets the foul! Huge call cause Amare has greatly improved his D since '05 and was doing very well (18 boards). That call meant he couldn't play D in the third, which was when we turned it up.

I also enjoyed the Parker flop on the inbounds. It's a tough call either way, but you gotta love Parker's veteran move to flop knowing the ref would make that call. Nice job! :spin
I call BS on you. Nice try, Suns fan. Amare just had to disengage, but he didn't. Baboso could have backed off, but he didn't have position and pushed parker.

Kori Ellis
05-06-2007, 09:05 PM

If you want to start noting flops, please note Amare flopping to the floor when he collided with 175 pound Bruce Bowen.

Clutch20
05-06-2007, 09:06 PM
Tony Mejia quote:
Duncan turned his game up to a level not even Stoudemire could touch, and his eight offensive rebounds matched Phoenix's total as a team, contributing to a commanding 49-35 edge on the boards. Duncan outplayed Stoudemire one-on-one by consistently getting better positioning on both ends of the floor. Certainly, Stoudemire's 20 points and 18 rebounds are proof of his activity, but he shot 6-for-19 and it was obvious Duncan was the more polished performer, and indicated through his 33-point outburst that he's getting serious. Duncan didn't score more than 23 points in any one of the first-round games against Denver.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2007, 09:09 PM
Tony Mejia quote:
Duncan turned his game up to a level not even Stoudemire could touch, and his eight offensive rebounds matched Phoenix's total as a team, contributing to a commanding 49-35 edge on the boards. Duncan outplayed Stoudemire one-on-one by consistently getting better positioning on both ends of the floor. Certainly, Stoudemire's 20 points and 18 rebounds are proof of his activity, but he shot 6-for-19 and it was obvious Duncan was the more polished performer, and indicated through his 33-point outburst that he's getting serious. Duncan didn't score more than 23 points in any one of the first-round games against Denver.
Are you cross-posting this? If so, why?

leemajors
05-06-2007, 09:10 PM
i thought it was pretty obvious amare had hooked his arm, if we are talking about the same play. timmy turned and kinda dived, but amare having hooked him sealed it - easy call.

TXan11
05-06-2007, 09:12 PM
I call BS on you. Nice try, Suns fan. Amare just had to disengage, but he didn't. Baboso could have backed off, but he didn't have position and pushed parker.

That Amare-Bowen foul was a makeup call, and it should have been a no call.

Come on guys, just because I'm not simply agreeing with everything you say and praising the Spurs to the heavens doesn't mean I'm a fucking Suns fan. Get your head out of your ass and let people disagree with you.

Remember Danny Ainge? He was a piece of shit flopper. I hated him. But let me tell you that if he were on the Spurs I would have loved him! He was that type of guy. Always flailing and flopping around! Used to piss me off watching him. Here's my point: We have 3 Danny Ainge's right now that can get calls that are BS. It's great! Let's enjoy it! I'm simply acknowledging it and appreciating it. Don't call BS on me for that.

Agloco
05-06-2007, 09:12 PM
The Spurs have sunken to a low point when their center gets props even when he has more turnovers and fouls than points and rebounds.

I think folks are excited to see some D out of him finally. Its not a lot, but its more than we've seen all season. If he could rebound worth a shit, we'd be in a great spot.

Oh, and the travel he had was just pathetic. At least toss the damm ball towards the rim or something........

Clutch20
05-06-2007, 09:14 PM
Are you cross-posting this? If so, why?
I wanted the main "grades" thread but left the first post in the postgame game thread, and?

Kori Ellis
That Amare-Bowen foul was a makeup call, and it should have been a no call.

Come on guys, just because I'm not simply agreeing with everything you say and praising the Spurs to the heavens doesn't mean I'm a fucking Suns fan. Get your head out of your ass and let people disagree with you.

Remember Danny Ainge? He was a piece of shit flopper. I hated him. But let me tell you that if he were on the Spurs I would have loved him! He was that type of guy. Always flailing and flopping around! Used to piss me off watching him. Here's my point: We have 3 Danny Ainge's right now that can get calls that are BS. It's great! Let's enjoy it! I'm simply acknowledging it and appreciating it. Don't call BS on me for that.

So you are a Spurs fan in Phoenix?

Aggie Hoopsfan

No one is saying he deserved an A+. But if you're giving Oberto an A-, relatively speaking, then Elson should been an A+.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-06-2007, 09:19 PM

Looks like mouse has yet another alias started. Cute.

Wonderlich had the perfect angle baseline for the call, which was Amare having Duncan's arm hooked underneath his to where Duncan couldn't even move to get the ball.

Wonderlich didn't even signal Amare falling on Duncan, his foul call demonstrated Amare having Tim's arm hooked.

Good try though.

TXan11
05-06-2007, 09:20 PM
So you are a Spurs fan in Phoenix?

I guess I can't have a certain IP address and not praise the Spurs to high heaven without being accused of being a Suns fan.

And my location is irrelevant if I speak facts.

Jeez, I post at mysanantonio for months, hear this site is the place to be, and get barked at for not sucking the Spurs collective balls. The Spurs got some breaks today regardless of who I am, which team I root for, or what my IP address is.

TXan11
05-06-2007, 09:25 PM

Wonderlich had the perfect angle baseline for the call, which was Amare having Duncan's arm hooked underneath his to where Duncan couldn't even move to get the ball.

Wonderlich didn't even signal Amare falling on Duncan, his foul call demonstrated Amare having Tim's arm hooked.

Good try though.

Lol. Who the fuck is mouse? You're making us all look like idiots Aggie. Duncan pulled Amare down. HE hooked Amare. You make us look stupid when you deny things like this. The Spurs are one of the classiest organizations in the NBA. It would be nice if Spurs fans could be classy as well. Pop even said they got "a few breaks". What do you think he was talking about? Lol

Obstructed_View
05-06-2007, 09:25 PM
I guess I can't have a certain IP address and not praise the Spurs to high heaven without being accused of being a Suns fan.

Jeez, I post at mysanantonio for months, hear this site is the place to be, and get barked at for not sucking the Spurs collective balls. The Spurs got some breaks today regardless of who I am, which team I root for, or what my IP address is.
Your first posts, combined with your complete bullshit take of calling the Spurs floppers, combined with your COMPLETE and TOTAL LACK of facts, combined with your IP address being in Phoenix, makes you pwned. You could be a little less subtle and say "I love rooting for the Spurs. Isn't boring basketball great? I'm from San Antonio, so I'm fat."

Kori Ellis
05-06-2007, 09:26 PM

Good try though.

:lol Not Mouse.

Kori Ellis
05-06-2007, 09:28 PM

No one is asking you to sucking anyone's balls. Whatever you do on your own time is your business.

It's just your posts are so obvious.

Go change your team name and try again.

TXan11
05-06-2007, 09:40 PM
Please point out which facts I have stated that are incorrect before you start to whine.

TXan11
05-06-2007, 09:44 PM
Your first posts, combined with your complete bullshit take of calling the Spurs floppers, combined with your COMPLETE and TOTAL LACK of facts, combined with your IP address being in Phoenix, makes you pwned. You could be a little less subtle and say "I love rooting for the Spurs. Isn't boring basketball great? I'm from San Antonio, so I'm fat."

First posts--already explained this. I post on mysanantonio all the time. I heard on there this site was good and came here today to talk playoffs
IP Address--I already told you I was in Phoenix. Congratulations on being able to read. There were LOTS of Spurs fans here today
Lack of facts--Everything I said was a fact
Spurs floppers--As I just explained again, the Spurs do flop but I love it. Even the most hardcore SA fan can't deny that Ginobili flops. And Raja Bell is a top 3 flopper in the league. Apparently I have to say that for you to take me seriously on this matter.

td4mvp21
05-06-2007, 09:46 PM
I don't even think the Spurs drew a charge this entire game.

TXan11
05-06-2007, 09:48 PM
I don't even think the Spurs drew a charge this entire game.

Come to think of it I don't remember a "charge" either. That's wierd. Although there were offensive fouls on the Suns I don't recall a charge.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2007, 10:03 PM
Come to think of it I don't remember a "charge" either. That's wierd. Although there were offensive fouls on the Suns I don't recall a charge.
You can't recall any charges, yet the Spurs are "floppers". "Timmy pulled him down", yet Amare improved his D since '05. Amare couldn't play D in the third, which is why the Spurs scored. Parker flopped when he was pushed.

If you were a Spurs fan, you'd have mentioned Timmy's performance LONG before pointing out Duncan drawing a foul on Amare and you'd mention Parker's performance LONG before pointing out his flop.

You don't even have the mental capacity to see how transparent you are.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-06-2007, 10:07 PM

You're a dumbass. No one is expecting you to 'suck the collective balls of the Spurs.' But when you show up as a new poster and your only contributions are bitching about the refs and how they're biased, excuse us for calling you out for sucking the collective balls of the Suns.

Lol. Who the fuck is mouse? You're making us all look like idiots Aggie. Duncan pulled Amare down. HE hooked Amare. You make us look stupid when you deny things like this. The Spurs are one of the classiest organizations in the NBA. It would be nice if Spurs fans could be classy as well. Pop even said they got "a few breaks". What do you think he was talking about? Lol

Aw, you're even rolling out the tired 'pretend to be an Ag' attempt at a comeback. Got the troll thing down great.

What do I think Pop was talking about, when referring to getting some breaks? Uh, I don't know, maybe it could be the best player on the Suns busting his face open and missing the end of the game? Nah, couldn't be that, I'm sure Pop was talking about their 6-19 PF getting tagged for a foul in the second quarter. :rolleyes

Good call.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-06-2007, 10:08 PM
Please point out which facts I have stated that are incorrect before you start to whine.

I dunno, but just a hunch... since when is your calling the fouls 'flopping' a statement of fact?

You're not even a good pretend Spurs fan.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-06-2007, 10:09 PM
First posts--already explained this. I post on mysanantonio all the time. I heard on there this site was good and came here today to talk playoffs

If you like it so much there, go ahead and head back over there and don't come back.

E20
05-06-2007, 10:11 PM
Since we're talking about charges, I'd like the mention that Raja Bell flop, that was clearly a block his foot was in the restricted arc. Mike Breen and Mark Jackson showed replays from 10 different angles and his heels were over the arc.

TXan11
05-06-2007, 10:30 PM
You can't recall any charges, yet the Spurs are "floppers". "Timmy pulled him down", yet Amare improved his D since '05. Amare couldn't play D in the third, which is why the Spurs scored. Parker flopped when he was pushed.

If you were a Spurs fan, you'd have mentioned Timmy's performance LONG before pointing out Duncan drawing a foul on Amare and you'd mention Parker's performance LONG before pointing out his flop.

You don't even have the mental capacity to see how transparent you are.

You are two of the dumbest mother fuckers I've seen online in a long, long time. And the internet is filled with idiots. Just because I have a different view of my Spurs than you doesn't make my opinion any less valid. In fact, my opinion is more valid than yours because I have spoken facts while you have bitched that I haven't praised the Spurs endlessly.

Your claim that any real Spurs fan would mention "this" or "that" before "this" or "that" might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen written online. You actually expect people to see the same things as you, as the same time, in the same order, and give them the same importance. And you are actually surprised and defensive when that doesn't happen! Do the world a favor and make sure you never get a customer service job.

What possible motivation could I possibly have to be a Suns fan in disguise here on this forum? What would that gain me? Seriously? I'm doing a hell of a job. I just checked my posts and I haven't even said one positive thing about the Suns except that Amare improved his D since 05 and guess what, that's a FACT! It's not anti-Spurs to say that. It is a fact. Guess what? There are other good players and teams in the league, and if Pop took your attitude about dismissing them we'd lose 60 games.

And if Timmy had 3 fouls to start the third, he would have been less aggressive giving Amare a chance to score on him. That's what happens when you're trying not to pick up a 4th foul. That's a FACT! It's not anti-Spurs to say that foul (WHICH ANY OBJECTIVE SPURS FAN CAN SEE WAS A LAUGHABLY HORRIBLE CALL) led to Amare having to back off Duncan in the 3rd, which gave Duncan room to do what he does better than any power forward who has ever played in this history of the NBA (eat that Jazz fans).

I have said NOTHING anti-Spur here except that a few of them flop. So what? They do. That is a FACT! You can't possibly tell me you don't think Ginobili flops. He does. Who cares? It's hilarious! We benefit. And if here were on another team, he'd flop. And we'd be pissed. FACT.

I came here to shoot the shit with my fellow Spurs fans. I wanted to have an intelligent conversation but now I can see that alot of you are complete fucking idiots. I swear you'd call me a Suns fan if I didn't put Duncan's cock in my mouth if he asked me to. :bang

Kori Ellis
05-06-2007, 10:31 PM
I swear you'd call me a Suns fan if I didn't put Duncan's cock in my mouth if he asked me to.

Can you please stop talking about sucking their balls and sucking their cocks?

Thanks.

TXan11
05-06-2007, 10:33 PM
Can you please stop talking about sucking their balls and sucking their cocks?

Thanks.

yea they're creeping me out too...

SpursWoman
05-06-2007, 10:35 PM
I thought the mysanantonio forums closed several years ago. Did they start new ones? :wtf

Kori Ellis
05-06-2007, 10:36 PM
I thought the mysanantonio forums closed several years ago. Did they start new ones? :wtf

No.

They have a blog where people can comment, but no forums that I know of.

timvp
05-06-2007, 10:40 PM
Time will tell if this guy is a Spurs fan. If he turns into a regular, that'd be a classic why to begin a posting career.

"The Spurs are flopping b!tches and the refs gave the Spurs all the calls! Go Spurs Go!"

TXan11
05-06-2007, 10:44 PM
Time will tell if this guy is a Spurs fan. If he turns into a regular, that'd be a classic why to begin a posting career.

"The Spurs are flopping b!tches and the refs gave the Spurs all the calls! Go Spurs Go!"

I didn't say any of that. Way to be as dumb as your aggie pal.

TXan11
05-06-2007, 10:46 PM
No, I don't. I was just saying that Tim is the other person that Marion usually guards.

If you were a REAL spurs fan, you would have said MV-TD instead of Tim.

See how fucking stupid you sound when you say shit like that?

conversekid
05-06-2007, 10:47 PM
I didn't say any of that. Way to be as dumb as your aggie pal.

Insult the owner of the forum... way to be as dumb as mav fan :fro

Kori Ellis
05-06-2007, 10:48 PM

I don't even know what you are talking about. :lol

All I asked you is if you lived in Phoenix and were a Spurs fan.

But this thread needs to get back on track.

conversekid
05-06-2007, 10:48 PM

suggestion: change your screen name and start over.

TXan11
05-06-2007, 10:52 PM
I don't even know what you are talking about. :lol

All I asked you is if you lived in Phoenix and were a Spurs fan.

But this thread needs to get back on track.

I'm talking about the ridiculous claim you made that if I were a Spurs fan I should have started out talking about how great TD was, rather than whatever else I said. That's stupid. What I choose to start my post with has nothing to do with if I am a fan or not.

I don't care who owns the forum. Stupid is stupid. Never said anything negative about the Spurs that wasn't a fact. I'm happy to have an intelligent conversation with anybody on here owner or not, but the forum owner of all people should be respecting other peoples VALID AND FACTUAL opinions. Spurs have floppers. That's a fact. After I said that, I said about 10 pro-spurs anti-suns things. Pay attention.

TXan11
05-06-2007, 10:52 PM
Insult the owner of the forum... way to be as dumb as mav fan :fro

We here in Phoenix refer to Mavs fans as "Maverpricks". It would be great if you all could help keep that going.

Supergirl
05-06-2007, 10:53 PM
"Bowen played decent but he never got into a groove defensively. The matchup with Nash is an amazingly difficult one and he didn't do much more than someone like Parker would have done on him. Offensively he only had three points on two shots, but the one shot he did hit was a big one. He also gets props for pulling down seven rebounds, including a key rebound late."

Overall, I agree with your assessments, but here I strongly disagree -- it was when Bowen went out in the 2nd quarter that the Suns turned up the pace and Nash got going for a little while, and then again in the 3rd, I believe it was. Bowen's D is what kept Nash a scorer and not a distributor, which is what the Spurs need to do to win.

I'm not worried about Manu. He'll probably have a great game offensively in game 2 or 3, but he was crucial in hustling for rebounds and protecting the ball. The defensive match up is tough for him - he was up against Diaw a lot of the time and that's just an impossible cover for him.

Kori Ellis
05-06-2007, 10:54 PM
I'm talking about the ridiculous claim you made that if I were a Spurs fan I should have started out talking about how great TD was, rather than whatever else I said.

When did I say that?? :wtf

E20
05-06-2007, 10:54 PM
Dude, you're in a losing arguement, I've been in a few of those myself, it's best when you just say: "This is the last response I'm going to make in this thread." And get on to someother thread.

:jack also releases some frustration.

timvp
05-06-2007, 10:55 PM
I'm talking about the ridiculous claim you made that if I were a Spurs fan I should have started out talking about how great TD was, rather than whatever else I said. That's stupid. What I choose to start my post with has nothing to do with if I am a fan or not.

I don't care who owns the forum. Stupid is stupid. Never said anything negative about the Spurs that wasn't a fact. I'm happy to have an intelligent conversation with anybody on here owner or not, but the forum owner of all people should be respecting other peoples VALID AND FACTUAL opinions. Spurs have floppers. That's a fact. After I said that, I said about 10 pro-spurs anti-suns things. Pay attention.

I think I have solved the riddle. Only one person on the face of this earth can have this lame of a meltdown.

http://www.nba.com/media/euro_dantoni_122205.jpg

Welcome to the forum, Mike.

:hat

Obstructed_View
05-06-2007, 10:55 PM
11 posts, owned multiple times, making friends by calling everyone on the board names, and still not one single nice thing to say about the Spurs, as far as I can see.

Dude, maybe you need someone to explain what a "fan" is. :lol

Obstructed_View
05-06-2007, 10:57 PM

Sorry, I must have missed those. Please repeat them.

LilMissSPURfect
05-06-2007, 10:57 PM
We here in Phoenix refer to Mavs fans as "Maverpricks". It would be great if you all could help keep that going.

we FAT folks here in BORING san antonio actually have minds of our own ; and have our very own little names for those blue peeps up north!

Obstructed_View
05-06-2007, 11:02 PM
When did I say that?? :wtf
I guess he's getting you mixed up with me. I often start new posts in a Spurs fan forum without acknowledging the win, but instead talking about the two times that my team got something over on the officials. Duncan and Parker combined for 60 points, and the Spurs stole home court advantage, but I enjoyed seeing Duncan draw a foul on Amare in the second quarter the most of all.

Kori Ellis
05-06-2007, 11:03 PM
I guess he's getting you mixed up with me. I often start new posts in a Spurs fan forum without acknowledging the win, but instead talking about the two times that my team got something over on the officials. Duncan and Parker combined for 60 points, and the Spurs stole home court advantage, but I enjoyed seeing Duncan draw a foul on Amare in the second quarter the most of all.

Well I guess that what explain it.

Admidave50
05-06-2007, 11:05 PM
it's getting interesting.. enjoying from my office hehe

TXan11
05-06-2007, 11:05 PM
[QUOTE=Obstructed_View]

QUOTE]

That's what I'm talking about.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2007, 11:06 PM

Well I guess that what explain it.
Yeah, I know. It's inexplicable. You are about a thousand times nicer than I am.

RonMexico
05-06-2007, 11:06 PM
Suns should never have made public their intention to let Parker shoot wide open jumpers. His competitive edge and anger come out and it makes him go off. This isn't 3 years ago, so his jumper is average to above average most of the time, but he goes off against the Suns.

You could tell with the way he said in the interview, "If you're going to leave me open, I'm gonna make it" that he takes that shit personal.

TXan11
05-06-2007, 11:07 PM
You are suffering from what is called "cognitive dissonance". I have presented facts which refute your point. You are ignoring them, and simply keep saying I'm talking shit about the Spurs. Where? Lol? Where have I done that?

I said they flop and I enjoy it because it must be infuriating to the other fans. A La Danny Ainge. How do none of you get that? It's SO simple!

THE SIXTH MAN
05-06-2007, 11:08 PM
You are suffering from what is called "cognitive dissonance". I have presented facts which refute your point. You are ignoring them, and simply keep saying I'm talking shit about the Spurs. Where? Lol? Where have I done that?

I said they flop and I enjoy it because it must be infuriating to the other fans. A La Danny Ainge. How do none of you get that? It's SO simple!
What facts?

Obstructed_View
05-06-2007, 11:09 PM
[QUOTE=Obstructed_View]

QUOTE]

That's what I'm talking about.

So your favorite parts of the game were, in order, Duncan pulling Amare down and drawing the foul, and Parker getting pushed down by Baboso, right? Seriously, where have you said anything positive about the Spurs? Are you really confused as to why anyone would doubt you? I'm very sorry for outing you so quckly, but you're just so Goddamned LAME.

TXan11
05-06-2007, 11:09 PM
LOL you are utterly hopeless. I understand now:

I APOLOGIZE. THIS IS MY FIRST DAY ON THIS FORUM. I SEE NOW THAT ON THIS FORUM IT IS AN UNSPOKEN RULE THAT ALL COMMENTS MUST BE COMPLETELY PRO SPURS. NO NEGATIVE SPURS TALK IS ALLOWED. I DID NOT KNOW THAT RULE. I THOUGHT THIS WAS A FORUM WHERE PEOPLE CAN HAVE DEBATES. I WAS WRONG ABOUT THAT.

TXan11
05-06-2007, 11:10 PM
So your favorite parts of the game were, in order, Duncan pulling Amare down and drawing the foul, and Parker getting pushed down by Baboso, right? [/B][/I].

LOL YES! FINALLY! THAT IS WHAT IM SAYING! Those were my favorite parts because they were bullshit! I love having bullshit calls go our way in other team's arenas because 19000 people get upset! Finally somebody who understands what I've been trying to explain for 2 fucking hours! Thank you Obstructed_View!

Obstructed_View
05-06-2007, 11:11 PM
Sorry to derail your post, RonMexico, but I'd like your personal opinion, as a Suns fan who I know and respect. Do you think TXan11 has demonstrated anything which would make you believe that he's a Spurs fan?

Obstructed_View
05-06-2007, 11:13 PM
LOL YES! FINALLY! THAT IS WHAT IM SAYING! Those were my favorite parts because they were bullshit! I love having bullshit calls go our way in other team's arenas because 19000 people get upset! Finally somebody who understands what I've been trying to explain for 2 fucking hours! Thank you Obstructed_View!

You aren't a Spurs fan. If you are, please choose another team to root for. Either way, move on down the road.

RonMexico
05-06-2007, 11:15 PM
Since we're talking about charges, I'd like the mention that Raja Bell flop, that was clearly a block his foot was in the restricted arc. Mike Breen and Mark Jackson showed replays from 10 different angles and his heels were over the arc.

Call was tough to make because it was the left foot, which was the "far" foot, based on Bernie's angle to see the play.

TXan11
05-06-2007, 11:17 PM
You aren't a Spurs fan. If you are, please choose another team to root for. Either way, move on down the road.

You have permission to blow me. I hereby declare victory over Obstructed_View. For a second, I thought he had it. But I can see now he's a blind homer, and not a objective bball fan.

TXan11
05-06-2007, 11:18 PM
I would like you to state WITH FACTS INSTEAD OF BLIND GENERALIZATIONS, what I have said that was UNTRUE that makes you think I'm not a Spurs fan.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2007, 11:19 PM
Call was tough to make because it was the left foot, which was the "far" foot, based on Bernie's angle to see the play.
It certainly wasn't the worst call in the world. The "no charge" zone annoys me because they are automatically looking at the placement of their feet. I thought at one point that Raja was still moving sideways when he took it, but he took it in the chest so I don't have a huge problem with the call. Considering the officials have one crack at it in real time it's pretty fucking amazing that they get it right as often as they do.

RonMexico
05-06-2007, 11:19 PM
Sorry to derail your post, RonMexico, but I'd like your personal opinion, as a Suns fan who I know and respect. Do you think TXan11 has demonstrated anything which would make you believe that he's a Spurs fan?

He's easily the smartest and most objective Spurs fan I've ever seen.... which is why I want to buy him a Suns hat, purple and orange shirt, and a Suns golf bag so we can go enjoy a few beers and play 18 holes next time I'm in Phoenix.

Then we can enjoy a "debate" about how the Spurs are floppers.

RonMexico
05-06-2007, 11:21 PM
It certainly wasn't the worst call in the world. The "no charge" zone annoys me because they are automatically looking at the placement of their feet. I thought at one point that Raja was still moving sideways when he took it, but he took it in the chest so I don't have a huge problem with the call. Considering the officials have one crack at it in real time it's pretty fucking amazing that they get it right as often as they do.

Yeah, he didn't have the benefit of 10 over the basket camera angles to make the call... he probably saw his right foot out of the circle and called it a charge. Restricted area has turned into a huge crutch for the officials because they no longer look at the upper body movement and simply look for the location of their feet.

Either way, Suns didn't capitalize on it on the offensive end... which pissed me off.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2007, 11:21 PM
I would like you to state WITH FACTS INSTEAD OF BLIND GENERALIZATIONS, what I have said that was UNTRUE that makes you think I'm not a Spurs fan.
You have said nothing about the Spurs victory. You have said nothing positive about the Spurs team. You have showed no sense of camaraderie with Spurs fans, instead throwing insults and foul language about.

You are a troll. I no longer give a fuck who you root for. You are the lamest poster that I've ever seen.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2007, 11:22 PM
He's easily the smartest and most objective Spurs fan I've ever seen.... which is why I want to buy him a Suns hat, purple and orange shirt, and a Suns golf bag so we can go enjoy a few beers and play 18 holes next time I'm in Phoenix.

Then we can enjoy a "debate" about how the Spurs are floppers.
fucker. :lol

TXan11
05-06-2007, 11:24 PM
As I said, I hereby declare victory. I have ONE THING that the most paranoid Spurs fan could twist into me not being a fan: That the flopping of the Spurs got them two bullshit calls: Amare and the Barbosa foul.

Here is ESPN's Daily Dime:

The only real momentum they had was at the end of the first half. With the Suns up 50-44 with 1:21 remaining and seemingly headed the other way on a fast break, Stoudemire was instead hit with his third foul for taking down Duncan in the chase for a rebound, even though replays indicated that Duncan initiated the contact.
That forced Stoudemire to the bench after what might have been the best half of post defense he's ever played, considering who he was guarding. San Antonio responded by slicing the Suns' biggest lead of the afternoon to 53-51 by intermission.

Throw in another unexpected trip to the line for Finley after a controversial call on Leandro Barbosa with 26.7 seconds to go -- for an away-from-the-play foul on Parker"

See? ESPN is agreeing with me. And I'm sure they are more unbiased than anybody here. AGAIN, AND FOR THE FINAL TIME. THOSE TWO CALLS WERE BULLSHIT, AND WERE HILARIOUS. THEY FUCKED THE SUNS. SAYING THAT DOESN'T MAKE ME A SPURS HATER. SAYING THAT APPARENTLY GETS ME A JOB WRITING FOR ESPN. WHEN ESPN HAS A COLUMN THAT BACK UP WHAT YOU'RE SAYING OR REFUTES WHAT IM SAYING, POST IT. UNTIL THEN, YOU CAN SHUT YOUR COCK SUCKING MOUTH AND BOW TO ME.

I HEREBY DECLARE VICTORY IN THIS THREAD. I WILL NO LONGER READ ANY POSTS IN THIS THREAD SOAS TO DENY THIS PRICK THE SATISFACTION OF THE FINAL WORD. MAN, THAT FEELS GOOD!

TXAN11 OUT! CONGRATS TO ME!!

conversekid
05-06-2007, 11:32 PM
As I said, I hereby declare victory. I have ONE THING that the most paranoid Spurs fan could twist into me not being a fan: That the flopping of the Spurs got them two bullshit calls: Amare and the Barbosa foul.

The only real momentum they had was at the end of the first half. With the Suns up 50-44 with 1:21 remaining and seemingly headed the other way on a fast break, Stoudemire was instead hit with his third foul for taking down Duncan in the chase for a rebound, even though replays indicated that Duncan initiated the contact.
That forced Stoudemire to the bench after what might have been the best half of post defense he's ever played, considering who he was guarding. San Antonio responded by slicing the Suns' biggest lead of the afternoon to 53-51 by intermission.

Throw in another unexpected trip to the line for Finley after a controversial call on Leandro Barbosa with 26.7 seconds to go -- for an away-from-the-play foul on Parker"

See? ESPN is agreeing with me. And I'm sure they are more unbiased than anybody here. AGAIN, AND FOR THE FINAL TIME. THOSE TWO CALLS WERE BULLSHIT, AND WERE HILARIOUS. THEY FUCKED THE SUNS. SAYING THAT DOESN'T MAKE ME A SPURS HATER. SAYING THAT APPARENTLY GETS ME A JOB WRITING FOR ESPN. WHEN ESPN HAS A COLUMN THAT BACK UP WHAT YOU'RE SAYING OR REFUTES WHAT IM SAYING, POST IT. UNTIL THEN, YOU CAN SHUT YOUR COCK SUCKING MOUTH AND BOW TO ME.

I HEREBY DECLARE VICTORY IN THIS THREAD. I WILL NO LONGER READ ANY POSTS IN THIS THREAD SOAS TO DENY THIS PRICK THE SATISFACTION OF THE FINAL WORD. MAN, THAT FEELS GOOD!

amare clearly had tim hooked... that is plain to see in the replay... yes tim held on and didn't let amare go, but the foul/contact was initiated by amare, thus the foul. and tony was pushed on that play... yes, i think he sold the foul, but it was a foul... please stop being a spurs fan...

RonMexico
05-06-2007, 11:32 PM
I couldn't really see if Parker flopped but I was pissed that Ivaroni's tech and that foul gave the Spurs some key points... Barbosa was dumb for even being that close to Parker as he was running because he's not gonna shoot the ball from 35 feet away.

Actually, I thought the rule was that an "intentional foul away from the ball" for this type of call because people used to just foul Shaq all the time on in-bounds plays... I thought that if you made a definite defensive play then it was just two shots and alternating possession.... Made Barbosa's aggressiveness even worse.

RonMexico
05-06-2007, 11:34 PM
fucker. :lol

At least you understood the sarcasm... I got ripped in the other thread for joking that Magic Johnson caused the Suns to lose today by getting HIV.

E20
05-06-2007, 11:35 PM

Dude, you're in a losing arguement, I've been in a few of those myself, it's best when you just say: "This is the last response I'm going to make in this thread." And get on to someother thread.

I said that a page ago, you should have just done it then, now you're just angrier and more mad. :jack always helps.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-06-2007, 11:37 PM
I am a bitter ass Phoenix fan. I told all my friends at my junior high on Friday that the Spurs sucked and Phoenix would sweep. I even bet this really dorky ass kid in my home economics class that Phoenix would not lose a game to SA.

Now I owe him my lunch money for the next two weeks and it's all because of that son of a bitch Tim Duncan, because Amare pulled him down and the refs called it and it was the difference in the game because I say so.

So the only way I could come up with to get even about my lunch money was go on the web and go find every Spurs forum and talk shit about the Spurs flopping while making a half assed attempt at convincing every one I was a level headed Spurs fan.

And now this guy Obstructed View has completely owned my ass because everyone knows that my statement that Duncan flopped is a fact is so retarded and fucking idiotic because it really is a matter of opinion, one that I call a fact because damnit I'm wearing my Phoenix Suns underoos today.

So I will claim victory over him despite being the dumbest mother fucker in this thread. I am so cool. I'm going to send this thread to all my friends at work to show them how cool I am. LOLZ.

FIFY.

THE SIXTH MAN

So basically what you're saying is this----> :yield

SequSpur
All I know is it's 1 to 0 Spurs...

And the Spurs will probably sweep the Suns..

So you can say something negative if you want, but then you would look dumb because the scoreboard is on the Spurs side....

ahhh.. isn't that sweet...

Obstructed_View
05-06-2007, 11:38 PM
At least you understood the sarcasm... I got ripped in the other thread for joking that Magic Johnson caused the Suns to lose today by getting HIV.
:lol For a second, I thought you were him.

20 posts and still not a single nice thing to say about his favorite team. Not sure why it's everyone else's fault that he's not even very good at being a troll.

Kori Ellis
05-06-2007, 11:38 PM

Kori Ellis
05-06-2007, 11:42 PM
:blah :blah

You already have posted here in the past as a Suns fan - bball13. So I don't know what was your point of starting a new user name and pretending to be a Spurs fan.

Kori Ellis Out! Congrats to Me!

RonMexico
05-06-2007, 11:43 PM
:lol For a second, I thought you were him.

20 posts and still not a single nice thing to say about his favorite team. Not sure why it's everyone else's fault that he's not even very good at being a troll.

Meh, Spurs executed down the stretch and Suns made key mistakes: Amare didn't go strong enough to the hole and tried to get bailed out by fouls; Barbosa got over-aggressive and cost a key point; and the Suns "couldn't stop the bleeding" in more ways than one.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2007, 11:45 PM
You already have posted here in the past as a Suns fan - bball13. So I don't know what was your point of starting a new user name and pretending to be a Spurs fan.

I HEREBY DECLARE VICTORY FOR KORI ELLIS IN THIS THREAD.

spursintpe
05-06-2007, 11:45 PM
Agree with the grades. Manu - C- Maybe it is time to worry. How does Pop help him get his rhythm back? He hasn't been a big factor in all of the playoffs, so far.

SequSpur
05-06-2007, 11:46 PM
No one has ever jumped 5 bricks.

E20

http://www.luds.net/galeries/nelson.gif
FAKE. HA HA

Obstructed_View
Meh, Spurs executed down the stretch and Suns made key mistakes: Amare didn't go strong enough to the hole and tried to get bailed out by fouls; Barbosa got over-aggressive and cost a key point; and the Suns "couldn't stop the bleeding" in more ways than one.
What do you think of D'Antoni's complete lack of adjustments? I really thought he was going to unleash KT on Duncan at the end of the game. I can't believe I'm giving him too much credit.

Kori Ellis
Agree with the grades. Manu - C- Maybe it is time to worry. How does Pop help him get his rhythm back? He hasn't been a big factor in all of the playoffs, so far.

Though Manu has struggled, he's still doing a lot of things right. His rebounds were very important today. I know he can get himself out of the scoring/shooting funk. I'm hoping he goes for 30 in Game 2.

(And thanks for getting the thread back on track)

Admidave50
05-06-2007, 11:48 PM
LOL, Kori owned this undercover Suns fan!

ShoogarBear
05-06-2007, 11:48 PM
Kori Ellis Out! Congrats to Me!:lmao

Obstructed_View
05-06-2007, 11:51 PM
(And thanks for getting the thread back on track)
No, thank YOU for getting the thread back on track. Game 1 don't mean a damn thing.

OV out.

TXan11
05-06-2007, 11:56 PM
I still haven't read your posts OV, as I have declared victory as you know. But please, all of you, enjoy this. It's from our own www.mysa.com website by Buck Harvey. Buck basically says almost word for word what I have been telling you all night. Victory is sweet:

"Here's what happened at the end of the play: Duncan's hand became pinned in Stoudemire's armpit, and Duncan pulled until Stoudemire came with him. There was a time, years ago, when the Spurs taught this maneuver.

Stoudemire got the foul, his third, and D'Antoni started yelling and didn't stop. There were another half-dozen possessions left in the half, and D'Antoni argued during every one of them.

D'Antoni knows Stoudemire will be pressed to stay out of foul trouble with Duncan, and here was a call the Suns couldn't afford. The third quarter supported that. Then, without Stoudemire defending him, Duncan went for 12 points in the period. "

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/columnists/bharvey/stories/MYSA050707.01D.COL.BKNspurs.harvey.366c096.html

Feel free to talk shit to Buck, and/or say he's not a Spurs fan for writing that.

jman3000
05-06-2007, 11:57 PM
i dont think he realizes he was pwned while he typed that up.

Roxsfan
05-07-2007, 12:00 AM
great road win......... :clap

anakha
05-07-2007, 12:02 AM
I still haven't read your posts OV, as I have declared victory as you know. But please, all of you, enjoy this. It's from our own www.mysa.com website by Buck Harvey. Buck basically says almost word for word what I have been telling you all night. Victory is sweet:

"Here's what happened at the end of the play: Duncan's hand became pinned in Stoudemire's armpit, and Duncan pulled until Stoudemire came with him. There was a time, years ago, when the Spurs taught this maneuver.

Stoudemire got the foul, his third, and D'Antoni started yelling and didn't stop. There were another half-dozen possessions left in the half, and D'Antoni argued during every one of them.

D'Antoni knows Stoudemire will be pressed to stay out of foul trouble with Duncan, and here was a call the Suns couldn't afford. The third quarter supported that. Then, without Stoudemire defending him, Duncan went for 12 points in the period. "

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/columnists/bharvey/stories/MYSA050707.01D.COL.BKNspurs.harvey.366c096.html

Feel free to talk shit to Buck, and/or say he's not a Spurs fan for writing that.

Hi, bball13! :rolleyes

TXan11
05-07-2007, 12:05 AM

False! It's distressing that you would take advantage of your position on this forum to lie to everybody else here. I thought you would which is why I emailed you through an Suns fan address. That person hasn't posted here in agess

RonMexico
05-07-2007, 12:05 AM
What do you think of D'Antoni's complete lack of adjustments? I really thought he was going to unleash KT on Duncan at the end of the game. I can't believe I'm giving him too much credit.

Looking at Thomas's minutes, I can only shake my head. I don't know if D'Antoni only looks at stat sheets to measure the value of a player, but sometimes you can't deny what a big body can do out there. However, KT is foul-prone, but Duncan's not the best FT shooter in the world, so it could be better than him hitting turnaround J's. I just don't think with the Spurs going big at the end that you can justify not putting Thomas in as both a screener, mid-range jumpshooter, rebounder and defender.

I know he's not the passer Diaw is, but c'mon...

TXan11
05-07-2007, 12:06 AM
If you give me 10 minutes, I'll send you an email as a Mavs fan who used to post here...

anakha
05-07-2007, 12:07 AM
False! It's distressing that you would take advantage of your position on this forum to lie to everybody else here. I thought you would which is why I emailed you through an Suns fan address. That person hasn't posted here in agess

Riiiiiiiight. :rolleyes

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-07-2007, 12:08 AM

:lmao Greatness.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-07-2007, 12:09 AM

How would you know about 'that person's' posting habits unless you are, in fact, that person?

Fuck dude, just log off already.

TXan11
05-07-2007, 12:17 AM

you should all ask her why she thinks im bball13. its cause she just got an email from that account. lol.

i own you all. too bad. we could have had good conversation about our beloved spurs. but bad talk about them isn't allowed here. this place is run by facists. agree or go home. thats the slogan of this piss poor forum. this is MY FIRST day here and if you aren't careful, could be my last. aggie and OV should be upset about that. i know much more about basketball that you guys do. you would do well to be kind to me and apologize, praying i stay and grace you with the knowledge you lack.

SequSpur
05-07-2007, 12:19 AM
you should all ask her why she thinks im bball13. its cause she just got an email from that account. lol.

i own you all. too bad. we could have had good conversation about our beloved spurs. but bad talk about them isn't allowed here. this place is run by facists. agree or go home. thats the slogan of this piss poor forum. this is MY FIRST day here and if you aren't careful, could be my last. aggie and OV should be upset about that. i know much more about basketball that you guys do. you would do well to be kind to me and apologize, praying i stay and grace you with the knowledge you lack.

Dude, I apologize, you are the smartest. Please don't leave.

gilmor
05-07-2007, 12:22 AM

The self-praise SOB fella cannot be on the Spurs Fans list.. once his stupid antics got exposed.. he resort to self-praise which devalue his worth even more.. only Suns Fans will do that..

Kori Ellis
05-07-2007, 12:22 AM

I didn't get an email from any account. What are you talking about?

... this is MY FIRST day here and if you aren't careful, could be my last. aggie and OV should be upset about that.

If we aren't careful, you will leave?

Oh no, what shall we do?

anakha
05-07-2007, 12:23 AM

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Aww, poor baby...

His reaction to being found out is all "You'll be sorry!!!" Priceless.

RonMexico
05-07-2007, 12:25 AM
That's it - I'm leaving too.

Suns fans shouldn't get treated this way.

Kori Ellis
05-07-2007, 12:28 AM
That's it - I'm leaving too.

Suns fans shouldn't get treated this way.

Suns fans aren't treated this way.

Just Suns fans pretending to be Spurs fans.

TXan11
05-07-2007, 12:31 AM
Exactly. I fully expect all of us to picket Buck Harvey's office tomorrow. That bastard isn't a Spurs fan! He's a Suns fan! His plan was to work at MYSA for years, and years, to infiltrate the paper as a spy for the Suns! How do I know this? He wrote verbatim what I've said all night and I'm being accused of being a Suns fan. Ergo, he must be a Suns fan. Thus is the fallacious logic of this moderator and her minions.

Kori Ellis
05-07-2007, 12:32 AM
Exactly. I fully expect all of us to picket Buck Harvey's office tomorrow...

It's going to be hard for you to picket from Phoenix.

RonMexico
05-07-2007, 12:34 AM
Suns fans aren't treated this way.

Just Suns fans pretending to be Spurs fans.

We're all viewed the same by Jesus.

txan12
05-07-2007, 12:37 AM
Well, I had to make a new profile since the admin banned me so she could get the last word. Go ahead and take it. I already declared victory.

It's sweet, sweet vindication that our Spurs beat writer agreed with me. Of course, you are all experiencing congnitive dissonance now. How can you continue to call him a Spurs fan and have no problems with your actions?

Peace out all. I'll see you tomorrow when I come slap you around some more. In the meantime, any intelligent fellow spurs fans are free to talk spurs hoops with me.

anakha
05-07-2007, 12:38 AM
Exactly. I fully expect all of us to picket Buck Harvey's office tomorrow. That bastard isn't a Spurs fan! He's a Suns fan! His plan was to work at MYSA for years, and years, to infiltrate the paper as a spy for the Suns! How do I know this? He wrote verbatim what I've said all night and I'm being accused of being a Suns fan. Ergo, he must be a Suns fan. Thus is the fallacious logic of this moderator and her minions.

Way to completely sidestep the whole identity issue, kid.

Or are you too busy having fun with your new word for the day? What was it, 'fallacious'?

Kori Ellis
05-07-2007, 12:39 AM
Well, I had to make a new profile since the admin banned me so she could get the last word. Go ahead and take it. I already declared victory.

It's sweet, sweet vindication that our Spurs beat writer agreed with me. Of course, you are all experiencing congnitive dissonance now. How can you continue to call him a Spurs fan and have no problems with your actions?

Peace out all. I'll see you tomorrow when I come slap you around some more. In the meantime, any intelligent fellow spurs fans are free to talk spurs hoops with me.

No one banned you. :lol

Get a clue.

RonMexico
05-07-2007, 12:41 AM
Now that he's gone... Let's get to the real issue at hand: Spurs flop way too much.

anakha
05-07-2007, 12:43 AM
Now that he's gone... Let's get to the real issue at hand: Spurs flop way too much.

Yeah, disgusting, isn't it? :lol

RonMexico
05-07-2007, 12:47 AM
With both these teams, flops tend to go both ways, so I don't sweat too much of that crap... I was more angry at the Amare/Duncan foul because they were wrapped up and the ball was 10 feet away... no-call at best but it didn't affect the outcome of the game as much as Nash's hemophilia.

anakha
05-07-2007, 12:53 AM
I don't really mind flopping so much - as long as the contact was legitimate, there's no harm in accentuating it. :spin

A guy Amare's size going to the floor due to contact with Parker, however, does border a bit on the rediculous. :lol

RonMexico
05-07-2007, 01:18 AM
I'm gonna go ahead and call it: Spurs pulling a Nugs... out in 4 straight (starting with Game 2).

Betting on this reminds me of that time I went all in with a pair of 2's.

Kevin Blackistone
05-07-2007, 01:20 AM
Grades were well represented, Elson under-performed. We gave him a semi-pass against the Nuggets because they were a very physical team, but no legitimate reason why he shouldn't be pulling boards against the Suns.

I think as long as Manu is aggressive and is playing the game with his head we'll be alright. His rebounding was impressive and he delegated a lot to TP and TD due to the mismatches they had all game long. Smart ball. He's looking to pick his spots, and his zero TO today was a good sign.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-07-2007, 01:38 AM
I'm gonna go ahead and call it: Spurs pulling a Nugs... out in 4 straight (starting with Game 2).

Betting on this reminds me of that time I went all in with a pair of 2's.
heh, I'd trust your gut there.

IMO it was almost a repeat of Denver's game 1, except we won! :lol Spurs kind of stunk it up a little at the beginning, and had a lot of unnecessary TO's throughout the game.

Oh yeah, and Manu sucked again. So I feel good about game 2. It'll be an up and down battle though.

RADECK
05-07-2007, 02:43 AM
Vaughn was playing like 10 year old scoolboy! He can help a little in defence, but better not shooting or even penetrating around basket...

Clutch20
05-07-2007, 06:06 AM
Vaughn will a cup of coffee and some ribbing from his teammates.

ShoogarBear
05-07-2007, 06:41 AM
I am a supreme dipshit.

jochhejaam
05-07-2007, 06:42 AM
Spurs are lookin' tough, keep it goin. :tu

Sec24Row7
05-07-2007, 06:44 AM
ROFL...

That dude was great..

Comes to the most popular, least regulated basketball forum on the internet and complains about moderator abuse...

DarrinS
05-07-2007, 07:38 AM
I hope Manu gets his head on straight. Maybe he just doesn't have "it" anymore. We'll see.

As far as the center position, I'm happy every time I see Oberto come into the game.

Vaughn? Yikes. I can't belive I'm saying this, but I'd rather see an Elson jumpshot than a Vaughn jumpshot.

Finley -- Love this guy. He was solid on both ends.

thousandth
05-07-2007, 08:18 AM

Elson have two stupid TO. Oberto can play hard and smart basketball.

I agreed timvp.

Cry Havoc
05-07-2007, 11:11 AM
I'd grade Oberto and Horry both a bit lower. They didn't contribute as much throughout the game, though they didn't have a lot of minutes and didn't hurt us, either.

Parker was absolutely scintillating. He comes alive against Phoenix because he knows he can get into the lane any time he wants. That makes his jump shot a lot more relaxed, as he does not have to force the shot.

Duncan was clutch. The Suns have no clue how to stop him.

I thought Pop coached a great game. He made good adjustments, but beyond the subs, he seems to know how to talk to our players so that they keep their composure.

LOL @ the Suns fan in this thread. Nice try, pal. Way to waste your life trolling away on a forum. You're going to be a saaaaaaad panda when/if we win the title this year.

And, timvp quoted me. That kinda thing can be dangerous if you're not careful.... :lol

Good grades for this game. I need to watch it again though... gonna have to start TiVoing these to my Archos AV500 so I can watch them on the go.....

mikejones99
05-07-2007, 12:21 PM
Hot chick behind Pop was a younger and better version of Eva. Valley of the suns have some good shit.