PDA

View Full Version : Pistons Spurs Finals Rematch

Detroit Dominatorz
05-06-2007, 09:01 PM
Nothing would please me more than seeing my Pistons in a rematch against your Spurs. Two class organizations. :clap

schadenfreude52
05-06-2007, 09:01 PM
You're preaching to the choir here. :)

Mavs<Spurs
05-06-2007, 09:02 PM
Nothing would please me more than seeing my Pistons in a rematch against your Spurs. Two class organizations. :clap

Detroit is playing some awesome basketball.
They really threw down the gauntlet against the Bulls. That was a statement game. The statement was , "We're back!" with a vengance. Their defense was the best that I have seen it in two years. All of those deflections.

Detroit looks like they are one of the two best teams in the NBA right now.

ThomasGranger
05-06-2007, 09:03 PM
So far so good.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2007, 09:08 PM
I think the Pistons learned their lesson from last season, and they are ramping it up to play their best ball when it matters. I wouldn't be surprised if they are better than any point last year within the next couple of games.

dbreiden83080
05-06-2007, 09:09 PM

It is a good possibility although i expect the Bulls to give you guys a series and the Suns are going to fight us tooth and nail for this thing.

Pistons < Spurs
05-06-2007, 09:31 PM
It's gonna happen!

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/713/playoffsigcopyos1.png

WalterBenitez
05-06-2007, 09:34 PM
It's gonna happen!

I hope so, but ... what if you get there with no cross in the tank? :)

ATXSPUR
05-06-2007, 09:47 PM
Detroit scares me more than Phoenix.

boutons_
05-06-2007, 09:50 PM
I doubt the Bulls will rollover after Game1.

The Truth #6
05-06-2007, 09:57 PM
The East bores me.

LilMissSPURfect
05-06-2007, 10:02 PM
don't jinx it for us........

rAm
05-06-2007, 10:03 PM
Detroit scares me more than Phoenix.

agreed

spurs1990
05-06-2007, 11:16 PM
no thanks. Aside from Det being a formidable opponent, they truly are a BORING team to watch. I'd like to see Chicago or Cleveland come out, far more entertaining games and will give the Spurs more exposure.

Just say no to Pistons..most boring team in basketball.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2007, 11:23 PM
no thanks. Aside from Det being a formidable opponent, they truly are a BORING team to watch. I'd like to see Chicago or Cleveland come out, far more entertaining games and will give the Spurs more exposure.

Please tell me you didn't just say that. You are right in the running for dumbest post of the day, and that's really saying something today.

bresilhac
05-06-2007, 11:23 PM

I can see it happening now. Spurs vs. Pistons in a rematch. No Ben means Tim and Tony will dominate inside to be sure.

SpursIndonesia
05-06-2007, 11:34 PM

I thought Spurs fans know best about having their favourite team lamented as boring for playing the game with emphasis on defense and bussinesslike in getting the job done. :dizzy

I should have known better. :rolleyes

Some fans are just
:donkey

Mr. Body
05-07-2007, 12:40 AM
Larry Brown>>>Flip Saunders

spurs1990
05-07-2007, 12:53 AM
I thought Spurs fans know best about having their favourite team lamented as boring for playing the game with emphasis on defense and bussinesslike in getting the job done. :dizzy

I should have known better. :rolleyes

Some fans are just
:donkey

The Spurs are my favorite team, so I don't find them boring. Non-Spurs fans I'm sure do find SA dull, so I've heard.

Not a fan of Detroit, find them boring. In other words, if a Pistons game is on TV, are you watching that game? If yes, well you probably appreciate the game of basketball in general. More to the point, there are very few teams in the league that I could stand watching them play an entire game. In fact, the only games I have seen completely are the Warriors-Dal game, and Friday's game 7 between Uta-Hou.

Besides, we got the greatest dunker in the game on the roster :tongue

Taking it to the Hole
05-07-2007, 01:54 AM
Chris Webber isn't going to be as much as a bother to Duncan as much as "Big Ben" was. I think really why Detroit played us so tough in the Finals was because of Billup's playmaking and Wallace's pressure on Tim. I just don't see anyone other than Rasheed giving Tim problems, but knowing Sheed, he'll go crazy halfway through a tight game and get ejected. hence, the Spurs win. :)

J.T.
05-07-2007, 02:12 AM
Damn Seattle for not making the playoffs and allowing this to truly be an '05 redux. Oh well, I'll take Pistons in the Finals again if we get there.

Suns>Spurs
05-07-2007, 02:15 AM
If hell freezes over and the Spurs win I hope Detroit doest come out of the east that will be boring finals. :sleep

WalterBenitez
05-07-2007, 05:17 AM
If hell freezes over and the Spurs win I hope Detroit doest come out of the east that will be boring finals. :sleep
:wakeup New kid in town I see ... sports are about wining

himat
05-07-2007, 05:20 AM
Don't jinx it. Anything can happen and either the Spurs or Pistons might not make it. Let's see what happens in Round 2 first. So far so good though.

himat
05-07-2007, 05:22 AM
Chris Webber isn't going to be as much as a bother to Duncan as much as "Big Ben" was. I think really why Detroit played us so tough in the Finals was because of Billup's playmaking and Wallace's pressure on Tim. I just don't see anyone other than Rasheed giving Tim problems, but knowing Sheed, he'll go crazy halfway through a tight game and get ejected. hence, the Spurs win. :)

Chris Webber is so slow it's not even funny. There is no way he guards Duncan it is going to be Rasheed.

duncan2k5
05-07-2007, 05:30 AM
pistons aren't a class organization. not with trash like rip hamilton. the cavs will be in the finals with the spurs. ive been saying that sibce the beginning of the season

TxJudsonRocketTx
05-07-2007, 06:03 AM
pistons aren't a class organization. not with trash like rip hamilton. the cavs will be in the finals with the spurs. ive been saying that sibce the beginning of the season

Whats with all the retarded post in this thread? :drunk ?

ATXSPUR
05-07-2007, 06:16 AM

Fuck a cleveland...

I would LOVE a rematch with Detroit.

jochhejaam
05-07-2007, 07:00 AM
You got beat at home with the Spurs playing your up-tempo style of play...

I think the Spurs could be even more dominant (why mess with success) if they slowed it down. The last time the Pistons played the Suns (105-83 blowout win @ Pho.) we took our shot, didn't crash the boards, but got back on defense to eliminate the Suns running game.
Worked like a charm, and with the Spurs personnel they are capable of doing the same thing if that were Popovich's game plan.

Spurs in 5.

Texas_Ranger
05-07-2007, 07:17 AM
Yea, that would be great to see. Lets just hope that we will get there.

DarrinS
05-07-2007, 07:29 AM
I would love to see that rematch. Unfortunately, the Spurs have a much tougher road to the Finals than do the Pistons. Detroit is on a different level than the rest of the East. They are like a West. conf team playing in the East. :toast

romsey31
05-07-2007, 07:48 AM
Pistons??? Class org??? :blah :spin :lol :drunk :clap :dizzy

Dirk Nowitzki
05-07-2007, 07:56 AM
It's gonna happen!

:pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :madrun :madrun

SpurForLife
05-07-2007, 08:50 AM
:pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :madrun :madrun

Quit your crying poor baby. "ALLAS" had their chance they just choked on applesauce. As for the dumbass Suns fan the finals would be boring huh? Gee who should be there? Phoenix? Just so they could get raped by Detroit in 4 or 5 games.

DarrinS
05-07-2007, 08:54 AM

Are you F*CKING serious? No, really, are you F*CKING serious? The 2005 Finals were the most entertaining Finals of the last DECADE.

SAGambler
05-07-2007, 09:30 AM
Are you F*CKING serious? No, really, are you F*CKING serious? The 2005 Finals were the most entertaining Finals of the last DECADE.

Well, as a series, I suppose overall they were. But only the last 3 games. Remember the blowouts in the first four?

Last years WCF to me was a much more exciting series.