PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen Manu?

DarrinS
05-06-2007, 09:07 PM
just curious.

Condemned 2 HelLA
05-06-2007, 09:08 PM
Hopefully he didn't run off somewhere with Dirk.

lurker
05-06-2007, 09:11 PM
Condemned beat me to the punch.

WalterBenitez
05-06-2007, 09:13 PM

His Offense was dirkering (:oops ) all the game, but 8 rb 4 ast and "0"turnovers isn't bad :rolleyes

ALVAREZ6
05-06-2007, 09:18 PM
His Offense was dirkering (:oops ) all the game, but 8 rb 4 ast and "0"turnovers isn't bad :rolleyesYeah, it's not like his shitty shooting had much of an affect on the game. He didn't shoot too many FGs, the most he fucked up with were those few FTs at the end.

The Spurs could use him on the offensive side though, he needs to start getting after it, but then again his opportunities were more limited this game because of those 2 early bullshit foul calls, and then Timmy and Tony both went off for 30+ points.

People are getting too worried about Manu's performance today. Considering the above, I'm not too worried.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2007, 09:20 PM
I want to see him own the Suns. That's all.

tmtcsc
05-06-2007, 09:22 PM
Its been very unusual to see him struggle like this. Manu fell in love with the 3 this year and its had an impact on his driving to the basket. For Manu to be at his best, he needs to get to the rim.

I'm glad we won and Manu did a good job on the boards but the missed FT's and his lack of aggressiveness is bizzare. I hope he goes off on Tuesday. He's due.

san antonio spurs
05-06-2007, 09:26 PM
Manu is gonna play well when we need him the most.
Like.... when Timmy will suck ass or Tony.
We didn't need his scoring today, but we sure will tuesday.
________
Headshop (http://headshop.net/)

timvp
05-06-2007, 09:27 PM
I still have 100% confidence in Manu.

He got this.

conversekid
05-06-2007, 09:29 PM

:nope uncalled for. dude has been critical in 2 championships... don't forget how he nutted up in the closing minutes of game 7 of the 05 championship and willed us to another title. dirk could only dream of carrying manu's jock. manu is having a tough time this playoff run, but he's proven he is a big time player with heart.

Condemned 2 HelLA
05-06-2007, 09:32 PM
:nope uncalled for. dude has been critical in 2 championships... don't forget how he nutted up in the closing minutes of game 7 of the 05 championship and willed us to another title. dirk could only dream of carrying manu's jock. manu is having a tough time this playoff run, but he's proven he is a big time player with heart.

Notice that I used the key word "hopefully".
Meaning that there's still time for him to find his game and revert into playoff Manu.
I have plenty of confidence in him, but he didn't look too hot today. You'd have to admit that as well.

Obstructed_View
05-06-2007, 09:34 PM
Meaning that there's still time for him to find his game and revert into playoff Manu.
I have plenty of confidence in him, but he didn't look too hot today. You'd have to admit that as well.
Yet he still contributed in other ways from scoring. The mark of a great player.

td4mvp21
05-06-2007, 09:34 PM
I'm not worried. He scored 5 quick points off the bench, then got into foul trouble. That disrupted his rhythm. Let's see what happens.

conversekid
05-06-2007, 09:39 PM

agree. offensively he looked lost and seemed to be trying to hard. I have complete confidence he'll snap out of it. manu and tp were born to burn teams like the suns.

traitoravery
05-06-2007, 09:40 PM
Or Brent Barry?

mookie2001
05-06-2007, 09:43 PM
Yeah, it's not like his shitty shooting had much of an affect on the game. He didn't shoot too many FGs, the most he fucked up with were those few FTs at the end.

The Spurs could use him on the offensive side though, he needs to start getting after it, but then again his opportunities were more limited this game because of those 2 early bullshit foul calls, and then Timmy and Tony both went off for 30+ points.

People are getting too worried about Manu's performance today. Considering the above, I'm not too worried.I think people are worried because his 2007 playoffs have been horrible, Finleys been saving his ass every night

spurschick
05-06-2007, 09:47 PM
I've criticized his performance as much as anyone, but it's only because I'm so used to seeing more points from him. Nine rebounds ain't too shabby and a few of them came at critical times today. We've said that 2 of our main 3 need to be the big scorers. Today, Timmy and Tony were those 2. Luckily, we haven't been in a serious position yet to really need Manu. When it's time, he'll be there.

E20
05-06-2007, 09:48 PM
Think back to 05. Game 1 WCF agasint the Suns. What happend at 12:00 in the 1Q? Manu ripped that jump ball out of Nash's hands and dunked that pile of shit and had a 32 or something point game. If Manu comes off the bench or starts, Pop needs to setup a play first to get Manu an easy basket/layup/dunk. That will greatly increase his confidence to drive in and that opens up his three game. Manu has even admitted that he plays much more comfortably when his first 2-3 attempts go in and if he misses early on he'll become too passive and miss later on.

MI21
05-06-2007, 09:54 PM
I don't think there is anything to worry about.

He'll be ok. He's Manu.

alamo50
05-06-2007, 09:55 PM
Just a mather of time.
Next 2 games at the at&t would be a good time.

ducks
05-07-2007, 12:19 AM
manu plays better at home then on the road during the playoffs

tp plays better on the road though

ducks
05-07-2007, 12:19 AM
right now I would rathe mike finley shot the three then manu
manu is sucking outside with his shot

Mr. Body
05-07-2007, 12:32 AM
Finley is picking up the slack, and may be able to do it playoff-long. But it would sure be nice to see a better Manu Ginobili.

upTD
05-07-2007, 12:42 AM
Manu is gonna play well when we need him the most.
Like.... when Timmy will suck ass or Tony.
We didn't need his scoring today, but we sure will tuesday.

shit

slayermin
05-07-2007, 02:24 AM
Manu's recent play reminds me of the way he plays for his national team. He kind of manages the game by doing whatever is necessary for his team to win. He will pick his spots offensively and become more aggressive if the team needs it.

Finley is hot right now and TP was scorching today so it made sense for him to defer. Really, does anyone think Manu isn't gonna do something special this series?

mathbzh
05-07-2007, 02:48 AM
Manu will be back when needed. If the Suns find a way to defend on TP and TD Manu will come huge and win the game.

Sense
05-07-2007, 02:52 AM
Manu's back next game. Book it.

SenorSpur
05-07-2007, 02:57 AM
Yes it would be nice to see Manu contributing. His tendency to press himself and force plays usually results in lost possessions and careless turnovers.

However even if he is struggling, I believe he can and should have an impact on the game. With crisp passing, rebounding, defense and his overall aggressive hustle.

mathbzh
05-07-2007, 05:01 AM
To be fair, I must say that he find in Bell a tough matchup.

kinbenzoo
05-07-2007, 05:06 AM
no his so bad we need the real manu

v2freak
05-07-2007, 05:11 AM
Ginobili's playing fine; he's not a player that needs to score to affect the outcome of a game. And Barry hasn't played nearly enough to get into a rhythm

duncan2k5
05-07-2007, 05:29 AM
manu needs to go to the basket, and stop trying to get fouled, and concentrate on finishing. nowadays he goes to the basket and just throws the shot up there expecting to get a foul called. just go back to finishing strong. that goes to duncan too

ManuTastic
05-07-2007, 07:33 AM
It seems to me Manu's not getting his legs under him well on his long jump shots. The ones where he's squared up, he hits more often. He needs to concentrate on his form more. But mostly he needs to drive more and stop throwing up 3s.

Bruno
05-07-2007, 08:17 AM
Manu has had a great regular season, let's hope he will be back at his regular season level soon.
The only thing that worried me is if he loses his confidence because Manu is an emotional player.
The main knock on him for these playoffs is that he can't score : 12.5 ppg with a FG% of 32.4 is quite awful.

LilMissSPURfect
05-07-2007, 08:54 AM
Need to have a manu gtg to fire him up......either that or more amare push ups

DarrinS
05-07-2007, 08:56 AM
Manu has had a great regular season, let's hope he will be back at his regular season level soon.
The only thing that worried me is if he loses his confidence because Manu is an emotional player.
The main knock on him for these playoffs is that he can't score : 12.5 ppg with a FG% of 32.4 is quite awful.

I just want to see him be more aggresive. He hasn't been driving to the rim. It seems all he wants to do lately is take one step inside the arc, then step back and fire his 3.

ATRAIN
05-07-2007, 09:11 AM
His Offense was dirkering (:oops ) all the game, but 8 rb 4 ast and "0"turnovers isn't bad :rolleyes

Dirkering hahahahah I LOVE IT!!!

timvp
05-07-2007, 09:14 AM
The thing that worries me the most is Manu isn't playing well with Duncan.

Plus/Minus when paired with Duncan in the playoffs
Parker +43
Finley +41
Oberto +24
Horry +13
Barry +6
Ginobili -2

ducks
05-07-2007, 09:16 AM
what if manu never snaps out of it this postseason?
if mike finely keeps it up will they still go all the way

ATRAIN
05-07-2007, 09:17 AM
He will, and plus with Finley being so money, Manu isnt playing as much as he used too, either that or im not noticing him. DOnt worry Manu will be there when we need him.

smeagol
05-07-2007, 09:29 AM
Not worried.

Manu will shut the naysayers up.

nkdlunch
05-07-2007, 10:08 AM
Manu has been sucking. main problem is that this year, teams have decided not to let him in the paint. he is no Kobe,Tmac to still go through the paint, when it is closed down.

he must find a way to still try to penetrate and get a foul call somehow. eventhough the refs in game 1 swallowed their whistles. and he must also start to shoot the long 2s when open.(something he never does)

mathbzh
05-07-2007, 10:23 AM
eventhough the refs in game 1 swallowed their whistles.

Maybe Manu finally pays for his flopper reputation :depressed

Mr. Body
05-07-2007, 10:35 AM
Manu has been sucking. main problem is that this year, teams have decided not to let him in the paint. he is no Kobe,Tmac to still go through the paint, when it is closed down.

he must find a way to still try to penetrate and get a foul call somehow. eventhough the refs in game 1 swallowed their whistles. and he must also start to shoot the long 2s when open.(something he never does)

That's basically it in a nutshell. He thrives when he slashes. Teams have learned his tendencies and are sliding over help at the right moments to close him out. He needs to find a counter.

Dingle Barry
05-07-2007, 11:09 AM
He is still getting to the rim (albeit less frequently) but then throwing up prayers instead of finishing, as someone above commented.

spursintpe
05-07-2007, 11:18 AM
Manu's minutes are not up in the playoffs like I thought they would be. I expected at least 35 minutes a game. Some games he only got 15-17 minutes. Is the lack of minutes causing him to struggle to find a rhythm?

kskonn
05-07-2007, 11:18 AM
As long as Manu keeps coming up with a quick 7-10 points off the bench to swing critical moments in the game back to the spurs I am happy. That is what he did against Denver in Game 4 and it looked he was on his way yesterday until he picked up the 2 fouls.

Also He does not play with duncan as much as all the other guys mentioned above in the +- analysis so he does not have as good of a chance to capitalize on having duncan on the floor as say, parker, and Finley(he is really playing well with Duncan)

So all in all I am not worried. Maybe he won't every have a 30-40 point game in the playoffs this year, but Like I said if he can have the 7-10 points in 5 minutes off the bench to swing momentum, that would be fine with me.

BigBeezie
05-07-2007, 11:22 AM
Or Brent Barry?

I don't know if Barry is still bothered by back problems, but I've been missing his game too. I would like to see more of Barry in this series.

kskonn
05-07-2007, 11:28 AM
I don't know if Barry is still bothered by back problems, but I've been missing his game too. I would like to see more of Barry in this series.

yea he needs to get some more minutes. Although he missed his shot yesterday he was ready to take the shot with confidence, and with Barry that is most of the Battle. If he takes confient shots he will knock more down than he misses.