PDA

View Full Version : Props to Parker

whottt
05-06-2007, 11:01 PM
Superstar

How can people take this performance for granted? Steve Nash couldn't have done what Parker did today, at the age of 25.

In these playoffs todate, Parker has played Steve Nash and AI to a draw....that is noteworthy.

timvp
05-06-2007, 11:04 PM
Nash at Parker's age was averaging like eight points on 36% shooting.

I'm hoping Parker can keep up his good play. After Game 1 of the playoffs, he's been pretty damn good. Of course he's not going to keep going 100% on jumpers but as long as he keeps giving these type of efforts, the Spurs should be okay.

conversekid
05-06-2007, 11:05 PM
parker was hot today. if he had that type of jumper on a consistent basis, the spurs would walk through the playoffs. he was fearless in the lane and put marion in a torture chamber. his hustle and energy is exactly what this team needed in a game one on the road battle. he'll need it again tuesday, cuz phoenix is going to come out gang busters for game 2. no way they want to go to sa down 2... tuesday should be interesting. the spurs will need to weather the storm the suns throw at them and keep it close the first half and come out the 2nd and put the strangle hold on.

LilMissSPURfect
05-06-2007, 11:05 PM
Superstar

How can people take this performance for granted? Steve Nash couldn't have done what Parker did today, at the age of 25.

In these playoffs todate, Parker has played Steve Nash and AI to a draw....that is noteworthy.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :cheer :cheer 4 PARKER~

beirmeistr
05-06-2007, 11:24 PM
I was very impressed with Tony tonight. He was fearless, and his jump shot was on.
The Suns should be very afraid of TP.

RC's Boss
05-06-2007, 11:26 PM
The greatest PG EVER!

LilMissSPURfect
05-06-2007, 11:27 PM
The greatest PG EVER!
:spin

jman3000
05-06-2007, 11:33 PM
i wasn't able to watch the game, but when parker gets his feet set and has a fraction of a second to gauge the distance... the ball goes in about 70% of the time. i don't think parker has a reliable jumper off the dribble (unless you're counting his tear drop) and it pains me when he forces those 21 footers while he's dribbling.

i just hope all these playoff battles he's experienced as a youngster will translate into him being a superb leader in his veteran years (at the age of 25 he's already been in more playoff games than most nba players see their entire career)

SequSpur
05-06-2007, 11:34 PM
Tony Parker is the best player in the nba

RC's Boss
05-06-2007, 11:35 PM
Tony Parker is the best player in the nba
:toast

jman3000
05-06-2007, 11:37 PM
:toast

I'd say more like :jekka

but he's arguably a top 10 player left in these playoffs.

SpursIndonesia
05-06-2007, 11:40 PM
He's so good when he doesn't hesitate. Just be agressive, cause we know if he's overdoing it, coach Pop will control that accordingly. He's a darn good scorer by nature IMHO, just gotta keep the balance & good judgement in the game.

RC's Boss
05-06-2007, 11:41 PM
Tony walks on water.

RC's Boss
05-06-2007, 11:42 PM
Tony shits steel and pisses gasoline.

SequSpur
When Tony starts shooting 3s next year, Parker is going to own the NBA. You heard it from me first.

RC's Boss
Tony was on fire, you could put coal in his hands and by the time it reaches the rim, it would be a 5 carat diamond.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-06-2007, 11:43 PM
praaaaaaaaaaahps brahhhhhhhhhh

slayermin
If TP could hit from the outside consistently like let say a Terrell Brandon, he would be absolutely unstoppable.

We all saw a glimpse of what his potential is today.

RC's Boss
If tony were to die, he would miss game 2, but rise from the dead and dominate in game 3

RC's Boss
05-06-2007, 11:44 PM
Tony ate a foot long sub w/ Jarrod before the game.

whottt
05-06-2007, 11:44 PM
Tony was on fire, you could put coal in his hands and by the time it reaches the rim, it would be a 5 carat diamond.

How would it be a 5 carat diamond if he was on fire?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-06-2007, 11:45 PM
Yeah, Parker was fantastic tonight.

Everyone should also be giving a big :toast to Chip Engelland, because he has helped Tony to revolutionise his game by re-tooling his jumper. Beyond that, Chip's a fantastic guy! :)

RC's Boss
05-06-2007, 11:46 PM
In June, when the Spurs have their parade, there will be no need for floats. Tony will stretch his hand across the river and part the waters so the team can walk!

duncanchick21
05-06-2007, 11:47 PM
Fucking A Parker!!! :clap :worthy: :cheer

THE SIXTH MAN
In June, when the Spurs have their parade, there will be no need for floats. Tony will stretch his hand across the river and part the waters so the team can walk!
:lol

RC's Boss
How would it be a 5 carat diamond if he was on fire?
Pressure

RC's Boss
05-06-2007, 11:50 PM
In Mecca, they pray 5 x's a day to Tony. Ancient griots prophesized his coming during the 12th dynasty of ancient Egypt.

exstatic
05-06-2007, 11:51 PM
If Parker just has a really good game, we lose. He was phenominal, and used his supposed weaknesses to attack PHO.

ducks
05-07-2007, 12:01 AM
tony parker wants to have sex

J.T.
05-07-2007, 02:35 AM
Parker was on fire this game. It looked like everything was going in, just one of those nights when you feel like you can do anything. Which brings me to something TrueHoop wrote about TP after we won the '05 title...

Shhh... don't make a big fuss about it. But if you want Tony Parker on your team, I have a feeling that this summer he might be available. He has been in the system a while now, and he still doesn't get it. He's actually getting worse. He just does not create for his teammates, which makes him a poor man's Stephon Marbury. As often as not, in big games, they win despite him. R.C. Buford has to be wondering who their point guard of the future will be.

Might want to get a refund on that one, Mr. Abbott. This time, they win because of TP. This series is perfect for Tony and I have a feeling he's going to be what pushes us through.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-07-2007, 02:39 AM
tony parker wants to have sex
Tony Parker is going to make sure all the remaining series go in 5 games or less, by any means necessary.

mathbzh
05-07-2007, 02:45 AM
The suns don't have an answer for Parker. They do have a decent answer for TD in KT but he cost too much on the offensive end. If Gino could step up a little in the next games this serie should be easier than expected.

RADECK
05-07-2007, 03:00 AM
TP was realy great in first game, hope he will play same all series.

JPB
05-07-2007, 03:12 AM
Tony is so unclutched
Trade TP for a long 3 when he still has some value
TP can't reach the next plateau
deron Williams >> TP
CP3>> TP
Tp's not an allstar
TP will never be a superstar.
TP will never be a franchise player

Just a sample of what have been said this year.

Oh, and of course : TD is declining.

where are all those posters ?

WalterBenitez
05-07-2007, 05:14 AM
Anyhow, TOny was really great yesterday, probably the game I enjoyed the most, in every shot he was showing how smart is and how fast is growing up.

jmard5
05-07-2007, 06:10 AM
Those jumpshots were clutch.

ShoogarBear
05-07-2007, 06:36 AM
This was a game that sent the haters scurrying like cockroaches when the lights go on.

foodie2
05-07-2007, 06:41 AM
Marion on guarding Parker:

Guarding Parker

The Suns probably could have handled Tim Duncan's 33 points. Another 32 from Tony Parker was too much.

This is not the Parker who you just try to keep from having layup drills anymore. The Suns gave him jump shots, going under the screens set for him, and he consistently made them.

Nine of the 14 shots Parker made were jump shots.

"He hit them like that and I'm still contesting them," Marion said with his eyes widened. "It's not like he was sitting out there by himself shooting. It's tough.

"That (expletive) is fast. He was hitting shots with (expletive) all in his face. When he's hitting shots like that, damn."
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/sports/articles/0507sunsnotes0507.html

timvp
05-07-2007, 06:45 AM
This was a game that sent the haters scurrying like cockroaches when the lights go on.

Like I've said, Parker is the modern day David Robinson. If he does well, it's expected. If he does poorly, he's the worst player in the world.

Just the way it is.

ginobili fan
05-07-2007, 06:48 AM
I always said that Tony was the best.
I was really excited these playoffs begin so all the haters who said that Tony chocks on playoffs game can go fuck themselves.
Anyway :toast :clap Parker and keep running.
Now we're waiting mau to wake up.

Sec24Row7
05-07-2007, 06:50 AM
Once the media gets used to jumping on someone... they have a hard time stopping... it takes a monumental feat to make them change their minds or have them talk about something else...

Stephen Jackson just pulled that off and has a chance to be reborn (again). Hope he can use it to his advantage.

ShoogarBear
05-07-2007, 06:55 AM
Like I've said, Parker is the modern day David Robinson. If he does well, it's expected. If he does poorly, he's the worst player in the world.

Just the way it is.Oh, yeah.

The difference is that people didn't hate on DRob because they were jealous for Terry Cummings.

And the haters will be back the next time Manu scores 20 and act like this game never happened.

mathbzh
05-07-2007, 07:07 AM
Oh, yeah.

The difference is that people didn't hate on DRob because they were jealous for Terry Cummings.

And the haters will be back the next time Manu scores 20 and act like this game never happened.
Not so bad. Parker is a great competitor always willing to prove and to improve. Every time they try to bring him down he stands strong and proves the haters they are wrong.

ATRAIN
05-07-2007, 07:14 AM
Hey if I was banging Eva I would be awesome too hahaha!!

JPB
05-07-2007, 07:15 AM
Oh, yeah.

That's what is always surprising me from TP haters. How quick they forget what he's made since he's a spur, specially in PO (the lakers, Payton, Kidd...)
and statue that he basically didn't bring anything.

I think if TP continues playing good (hopefully), this year could be the year he earns some respect for what he's accomplishing and earn a new statue where people recognize his value and stop jumping at him when he's not playing so well.

exstatic
05-07-2007, 07:56 AM
Hey if I was banging Eva I would be awesome too hahaha!!
2005 called. It wants it's post back. :sleep

Extra Stout
05-07-2007, 08:24 AM
I want to get athlete's foot so I can use Lamisil AT and get my game feet on like Tony does.

resistanze
05-07-2007, 08:26 AM
Tony Parker is such a thug!

Between the rap music videos and blooding stevie's nose, I wonder how he's avoided jail time. :smokin

zrinkill
05-07-2007, 08:27 AM
And the great thing is he is a grizzled veteran at age 26 ....... this kid is gonna own the NBA in a few years.

allisfriend23
05-07-2007, 08:27 AM
hi to all,
planstudyabroad.com are providing online free consultancy services for foreign education to all around the world.
i got much useful information as well from their excellent service.
i want if some one else got experience with them as well. plz let me know before i can decide to mover further with them.
http://www.PlanStudyAbroad.com

Extra Stout
05-07-2007, 08:29 AM
Tony Parker is such a thug!

Between the rap music videos and blooding stevie's nose, I wonder how he's avoided jail time. :smokin
If the Spurs win the championship, he should set a Citroen on fire.

smeagol
05-07-2007, 08:30 AM
Props to TP. Last night's game was perfect. If he continues to play the way he did last night, Finley continues to hit his Js, TD shows us 75% of what he showed us last night and Manu takes his head out of his ass, at least one every other game, that 4th ring might be closer than what we think.

resistanze
05-07-2007, 08:32 AM
If the Spurs win the championship, he should set a Citroen on fire.

VaSpursFan
05-07-2007, 08:33 AM
tony played a brilliant controlled game despite the turnovers. he made the suns pay for going under the screens and daring him to shoot. now, if they play him for the jumper, he's going to blow by them, collapse the d and get some open shots for others. the suns should be a little concerned right now.

my hope is that someone else becomes the x factor in game 2, hello manu, and totally confound the suns.

Jimcs50
05-07-2007, 08:59 AM
Superstar

Parker was a stud, but it ws funny that he was on the floor and Nash was asking HIM if he was alright, when Nash got the worst of it.

Here is funny quote:

Parker slowly measured his steps toward the bench and took his seat. He pawed at the trickle of blood across his forehead, and Robert Horry, standing over him, laughed.

"That's not even your blood," Horry said. "So get up."Parker smiled, rose and walked back onto the court to finish what he started.

spursfan09
05-07-2007, 09:36 AM
Tony probably got freaked out if he did think he was bleeding....

Jimcs50
05-07-2007, 09:39 AM
Tony probably got freaked out if he did think he was bleeding....

What are we going to do w/o Horry next year? He is such a cool guy, and a warrior.

:depressed

diego
05-07-2007, 09:43 AM
as someone who used to be very critical of parker, i must say, he was superb last night. last year he already showed his value but last night was just amazing. I hope this phoenix series really establishes him as a top player in the league.

spursfan09
05-07-2007, 09:59 AM
What are we going to do w/o Horry next year? He is such a cool guy, and a warrior.

:depressed

I think if do win this year, he will come back. and even if we don't, he can still come back. I mean its not like we expect him to play in the reg season. He just had to be here for the playoffs thats all :spin

RC's Boss
05-07-2007, 11:31 AM
Tony Parker>Everyone else in the NBA

bdictjames
05-07-2007, 11:34 AM
Look for Parker to have 10+ assists on Tuesday night.

Some of Nash's skills just rubbed off him when they both took a hit.

Cry Havoc
05-07-2007, 11:45 AM
Tony Parker is so pure that he could jump in the river and it would instantly be so clean that Cuban would be begging to drink out of it. :downspin:

RC's Boss
05-07-2007, 12:15 PM
Every Thanksgiving Tony takes a loaf of bread and a fish and feeds all the homeless of the SA metro area.

whottt
05-07-2007, 12:16 PM
Pressure

But if he was on fire the coal would be burning....you can't make diamonds out of ash. Although you can make lye....

RC's Boss
05-07-2007, 02:06 PM
But if he was on fire the coal would be burning....you can't make diamonds out of ash. Although you can make lye....
Ahh dammit don't be so technical. None of this was to be taken literally except Tony Parker>rest of the NBA :smokin

TampaDude
05-07-2007, 02:57 PM
When Kobe goes to sleep, he dreams that he's Tony Parker. :lol

ShoogarBear
05-07-2007, 03:21 PM
When Kobe goes to sleep, he dreams that he's Tony Parker. :lolNot so far off as you might think.

1. He wishes he were still in the playoffs.
2. He wishes he could beat the Suns.

RC's Boss
05-07-2007, 03:27 PM
Not so far off as you might think.

1. He wishes he were still in the playoffs.
2. He wishes he could beat the Suns.

SpursWoman
05-07-2007, 03:30 PM
Man, Tony has aged almost 2 years in this thread alone. :lol

He'll be 25 next week (17th). :lol

ArgSpursFan
05-07-2007, 03:36 PM
It was about time.Looks like he finally grew up.Good for Tony!!

wildbill2u
05-07-2007, 03:46 PM
Tony shits steel and pisses gasoline.
Eva will have to housebreak him from that. :nope

wildbill2u
05-07-2007, 03:50 PM
Yeah, Parker was fantastic tonight.

Everyone should also be giving a big :toast to Chip Engelland, because he has helped Tony to revolutionise his game by re-tooling his jumper. Beyond that, Chip's a fantastic guy! :)
I hope Chip is working with Tim. I heard Tim didn't think he needed Chip--but I'd really like to see that 12-15 foot bank shot come back and a big improvement in his FTs.

Sometimes it does look like he's changed his form a little on the FTs so maybe he's been working on it. He goes through streaks with it, probably because he's tired at the end of games.

I get giddy when i think of how much better be in the playoffs if he could shoot a consistent 75-80 percent. Yao shoots the techs for Houston so a big man can do it.

RC's Boss
05-07-2007, 04:03 PM
I hope Chip is working with Tim. I heard Tim didn't think he needed Chip--but I'd really like to see that 12-15 foot bank shot come back and a big improvement in his FTs.

Sometimes it does look like he's changed his form a little on the FTs so maybe he's been working on it. He goes through streaks with it, probably because he's tired at the end of games.

I get giddy when i think of how much better be in the playoffs if he could shoot a consistent 75-80 percent. Yao shoots the techs for Houston so a big man can do it.
Yeah that would be nice. Next season Parker shooting 3's and Tim FT% @82.5...... Heaven

TwoHandJam
05-07-2007, 04:09 PM
I've always said the Tony would be unguardable if he developed a consistent jumper. Well, we got a taste of that last night. Great, great performance by TP. Props.

Bruno
05-07-2007, 05:52 PM
People bitching about Parker taking too much shoot will be happy : TP has said that Pop has alllowed him to shoot as much as he want in this serie.

wildbill2u
05-07-2007, 07:18 PM
Tony is very confident when he plays the Suns. He knows they'll slack off of him and his average PPG against them is terrific, probably better than against any other team.

He owns the Suns.