PDA

View Full Version : I found Manu

WalterBenitez
05-07-2007, 05:06 AM
"When you go head against nose, unless it's me ... you have a lot of chances to win."
-- Spurs guard Manu Ginobili (espn.com).

For those who were asking where Manu was, he was working as journalist for ESPN in sunday's game :p:

Taco
05-07-2007, 07:51 AM
"When you go head against nose, unless it's me ... you have a lot of chances to win."
-- Spurs guard Manu Ginobili (espn.com).

I saw that intereview it was funny

Props to Manu for making fun of his huge beak :lol

beirmeistr
05-07-2007, 03:37 PM
Let me preface this post by making it clear that Manu is my favorite Spur since he arrived in 2002. Having said that, it is almost anticlimatic to see Manu's play so far in the playoffs, since my expectations are to see 2005 Manu. It is also painful to hear some fans disparage his play.
Speaking as an amateur, unlicensed analyst, I think manu has several medical problems that are causing his current doldrums.
1. He is suffering from the ATFU syndrome (Afraid to Fuck UP), which has previously afflicted Brent Barry, Michael Finley (to some degree), and of course everybody's favorite whipping boy, Beno.
2. Even more serious than ATFU, Manu is also suffering from the syndrome that attacks most stars in their middle thirties, the dreaded SUFNO syndrome (Substitute From Now On). Manu never figured it would happen at age 29, so he believed Pop when he told him the bench maneuver was only temporary. Manu was foolish not to get this in writing.
3. Last, but not least, after what happened in game 1, Manu now has to cope with his Big Nose syndrome. He is going to have to be extra careful to protect his nose from retaliatory action by Raja Bell.
Let us all hope and pray that Manu can recover in time from ATFU and Big Nose to help the Spurs defeat the Suns in six games.

sabar
05-07-2007, 03:39 PM
Beno has chronic ATFU.

sprrs
05-07-2007, 03:44 PM
3. Last, but not least, after what happened in game 1, Manu now has to cope with his Big Nose syndrome. He is going to have to be extra careful to protect his nose from retaliatory action by Raja Bell.
Let us all hope and pray that Manu can recover in time from ATFU and Big Nose to help the Spurs defeat the Suns in six games.

Please. Manu can knock down brick walls with that thing.

WalterBenitez
05-07-2007, 04:09 PM
Manu is also suffering not playing for ARG next summer that must be "suggested" by POP ... but people, I was watching a video in ARG's tv about the conection (or missconection) between Manu and Elson ... jesus those are partners naturally ... :D

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-07-2007, 04:13 PM
Manu will shine in this playoffs...not to worry.

Cherry
05-07-2007, 10:22 PM
Manu is suffering the PBFHP (Pop bench fuck him up) syndrome. :bang

Otaku
05-07-2007, 10:55 PM
C'mon, everyone is saying that Manu played BAD in the first game vs. the Suns, but points is not everything people... he got 9 rebounds and 4 assists. Yes, his offence kind of sucked, but defensively he had a great game.

CubanMustGo
05-07-2007, 11:01 PM
Manu will shine in this playoffs...not to worry.

Tuesday would be a good time to start, then. Definitely underachieving so far (no I am NOT saying he SUCKS, but he is not playing to his normal standard).

samikeyp
05-07-2007, 11:32 PM
Beno has chronic ATFU.

No...Beno has terminal ATFU.

TMTTRIO
05-07-2007, 11:56 PM
hmm maybe he's been spending too much time with Sean Marks while they've been up there and after the games:lol .

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA050807.1D.spursADV.34306e7.html
Duncan went to dinner with Marks, Manu Ginobili and Fabricio Oberto after the game.

angel_luv
05-08-2007, 12:24 AM
How nice that the guys are getting extended hang out time. :)

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-08-2007, 12:38 AM
Cool, thanks for sharing that. I liked this part of the article

For at least two of those seasons, Marks served as Tim Duncan's personal workout partner. During practice — and sometimes after — it was Marks who went 1-on-1 with Duncan, banging against the Spurs forward and giving him a 7-footer on which to test his game.

So it came as little surprise that as Marks' newest employer, the Phoenix Suns, finished practice Monday afternoon, Amare Stoudemire sought out the team's Encyclopedia Spurtannica.

For about 10 minutes, Marks demonstrated some of Duncan's moves. He told Stoudemire what to expect and how he should best position himself.

"I showed him a couple of things, but at the same time, Amare has his work cut out for him," Marks said. "Anybody does."

Which is why Stoudemire looked to Marks for advice. Duncan's wife, Amy, also noticed Marks trying to help the Suns' big men during Sunday's TV broadcast.

Duncan went to dinner with Marks, Manu Ginobili and Fabricio Oberto after the game.

He joked with his former teammate that Amy "had a couple of choice words for him."

"She said, 'I've got a bone to pick with Sean, what's he doing giving your secrets away?'" Marks said. "I told Timmy those guys are paying the bills now."

greens
05-08-2007, 01:25 AM
I saw that intereview it was funny

Props to Manu for making fun of his huge beak :lol

Oh, can you post the link to the interview? I didn't see it. Sounds funny!

howbouthemspurs
05-08-2007, 03:08 AM
go beno go! .. the suns are going to have to find a way to stop the over powering Beno! Nash ant got nothin on him!

carina_gino20
05-08-2007, 03:30 AM
Tim's,Brent's and Tony's comments about the contact were even funnier:

purs Notebook: Parker shakes off headache

Web Posted: 05/07/2007 10:36 PM CDT

Johnny Ludden
Express-News

Tony Parker said he had a headache while trying to sleep Sunday night, but otherwise didn't seem to be experiencing any ill effects from his collision with Steve Nash.

Well, except for the knot on his forehead.

"I looked at it last night. I looked at it today," Parker said. "I'm not going to make the cut of the Top 50 (Beautiful People) again."

While Parker admitted to having a headache the previous night, he said he felt better when he awoke Monday morning.

Some of his teammates jokingly questioned the severity of the injury.

"He was fine when he got hit," Tim Duncan said. "He's French. He just stays down a little longer."

Brent Barry, who has twice needed stitches this season after being hit in the head, is the team's resident expert on collisions.

"No cut, no blood," Barry said. "That didn't even rank."

Duncan was asked what would have happened if Parker had collided with Manu Ginobili's nose instead.

"It might be homicide or something," Duncan said.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-08-2007, 03:32 AM
Tim's,Brent's and Tony's comments about the contact were even funnier:

purs Notebook: Parker shakes off headache

Web Posted: 05/07/2007 10:36 PM CDT

Johnny Ludden
Express-News

Tony Parker said he had a headache while trying to sleep Sunday night, but otherwise didn't seem to be experiencing any ill effects from his collision with Steve Nash.

Well, except for the knot on his forehead.

"I looked at it last night. I looked at it today," Parker said. "I'm not going to make the cut of the Top 50 (Beautiful People) again."

While Parker admitted to having a headache the previous night, he said he felt better when he awoke Monday morning.

Some of his teammates jokingly questioned the severity of the injury.

"He was fine when he got hit," Tim Duncan said. "He's French. He just stays down a little longer."

Brent Barry, who has twice needed stitches this season after being hit in the head, is the team's resident expert on collisions.

Duncan was asked what would have happened if Parker had collided with Manu Ginobili's nose instead.

:lol

....Tim'za funneh-gahhhhhhh

THE SIXTH MAN
05-08-2007, 03:33 AM

:lmao

WalterBenitez
05-08-2007, 05:38 AM

:lmao

WalterBenitez
05-08-2007, 05:51 AM
An article about Manu
(NBA and FIBA agreement to let NBA's player to compite with NT)
Obiously need translation :reading

Source = www.lanacion.com

La NBA se lava las manos por el caso Ginóbili

Los Spurs no debieron impedirle ir a la selección

Se supo ayer que la NBA envió, con fecha 2 del actual, un comunicado a cada una de las 30 franquicias que participan del certamen recordándoles que debían abstenerse de hacer cualquier sugerencia a sus jugadores con la intención de que no integrasen los seleccionados nacionales en el Preolímpico de Las Vegas.

La reacción de la NBA se produjo luego de conocer las explicaciones dada por Emanuel Ginóbili en la columna del lunes 23 del mes último que escribió para LA NACION, en la cual afirma que no integrará el seleccionado nacional por sugerencia de su técnico Gregg Popovich, que le recomendó que descansara esta temporada.

"Recordamos que la NBA tiene un acuerdo con la FIBA mediante el cual se compromete a permitir que los jugadores extranjeros actúen por sus seleccionados en todos los torneos olímpicos, mundiales, continentales o clasificatorios de relevancia, siempre que se cumpla con seguros en tiempo y forma", dice el comunicado interno enviado por la NBA a sus socios y que trascendió ayer.

En principio esto dejaría al descubierto que es una decisión unilateral e indebida de los Spurs. Consultado ayer el técnico Popovich durante su estada en Phoenix, donde se está disputando una de las semifinales del Oeste, señaló: "Le dijimos a Manu que no queremos que vaya. Ese fue el consejo. Hemos invertido mucho en él. Hay que tener en cuenta que ya ganó todo con la camiseta de su país. De todos modos no tenemos ningún poder sobre él para impedir que vaya a su selección. Al final es su decisión".

Una evidencia de que los Spurs, ante la inesperada presión de la NBA, podrían soltarle la mano a Ginóbili y dejarlo en una gran encrucijada.

¿Qué pasará, además, con Fabricio Oberto y Walter Herrmann? Ambos coincidieron en decir que sus franquicia (San Antonio y Charlotte, respectivamente) les habían sugerido que no jugaran el Preolímpico. Lo mismo había sucedido con el base brasileño Leandrinho y Phoenix.

Las bajas de Ginóbili y Leandrinho hicieron mucho ruido y despertaron intrigas en el ambiente de la NBA. De allí que la propia organización debiera aclarar la situación para no enfrentarse con la FIBA. Las autoridades de esta última entidad, con filial en América, había manifestado su enojo por las importantes ausencias que tendría su Preolímpico continental de Las Vegas, que se jugará del 22 de agosto al 3 de septiembre próximos.

Ahora el "sí" o el "no" lo tienen lo jugadores. Difícilmente Manu cambie de opinión pues había dicho que necesitaba un descanso. ¿Que dirán Oberto y Herrmann?

thousandth
05-08-2007, 07:39 AM

Big Nose? after game 1 Steve Nash? :rolleyes

angel_luv
05-08-2007, 10:05 AM
I'm with Amy about Sean giving away Timmy's secrets- so wicked of him.

Of course when Sho does the same thing for the Raptors it is brilliant and necessary strategy. :angel :lol