PDA

View Full Version : Peter Vecsey

BILLYE
05-07-2007, 07:49 AM
I watched NBA TV after the game yesterday and Vecsey was so critical of the refs in the game yesterday...is he the biggest Spurs hater ever or what?
He basically implied that the refs and Nash's injury cost the Suns...

George Gervin's Afro
05-07-2007, 07:51 AM
I watched NBA TV after the game yesterday and Vecsey was so critical of the refs in the game yesterday...is he the biggest Spurs hater ever or what?
He basically implied that the refs and Nash's injury cost the Suns...

He also was the only guy to pick Denver upsetting SA..

SAGambler
05-07-2007, 07:55 AM
He also was the only guy to pick Denver upsetting SA..

Didn't Magic Johnson pick Denver over the Spurs?

And didn't even say it would be an upset. Basically said Nuggets were the better team.

exstatic
05-07-2007, 07:58 AM
Magic, at least, has an excuse. He feels the Spurs almost physically moving past the 80s Lakers in the pantheon of great decade long teams.

Rummpd
05-07-2007, 08:04 AM
Look at the foul statistics, end of story. Spurs were the ones getting reamed.

DarrinS
05-07-2007, 08:05 AM
Who's Peter Vecsey?

doldrums
05-07-2007, 09:05 AM
He also made very flattering comments about the spurs, let's not be so hypersensitive.

Gros Membres!
05-07-2007, 10:54 AM
Didn't Magic Johnson pick Denver over the Spurs?

And didn't even say it would be an upset. Basically said Nuggets were the better team.
Yep. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. I wrote it off as an endorsement of AI and 'Melo. I like Kenny and Charles and they're usually pretty objective in their delusional commenting but Magic has always bothered me -- perhaps I can't see through his ego.

NBA Junkie
05-07-2007, 11:01 AM
Who's Peter Vecsey?

Some guy who hasn't sniffed an NBA Insider job with the major networks carrying games in over six years.

BigBeezie
05-07-2007, 11:07 AM
Ever listen to Magic speak on air? He sounds like he has a 3rd grade education.

BILLYE
05-07-2007, 11:57 AM
I'd give Tragic Johnson atleast a 4th grade education...

mikejones99
05-07-2007, 12:46 PM
Denver could be the 2nd best team in the NBA.

dreamcastrocks
05-07-2007, 12:54 PM
Look at the foul statistics, end of story. Spurs were the ones getting reamed.

You're kidding right? The refs were absolutely terrible on both sides, but you can't honestly say that the Spurs were getting reamed. Yes, the Suns (Amare) were hacking Duncan on quite a few plays, but there were no blown calls made by the refs this game for the Spurs.

mikejones99
05-07-2007, 12:56 PM
if you really think that you should bet the house on the suns to win game 2. If no game 2, season is over in PHX. too late to start playing bench though. next year you need to play 10 guys.

baseline bum
05-07-2007, 01:03 PM
I hate seeing people pile on Magic. If you've ever met him, the guy is one of the coolest celebs in the world, and he's someone who truly appreciates his fans. Not to mention him being the most versatile player in NBA history by a mile. So what if he picked the Nuggets? They're a team with lots of size and two hall-of-fame level scorers.

BigBeezie
05-07-2007, 01:15 PM
I hate seeing people pile on Magic. If you've ever met him, the guy is one of the coolest celebs in the world, and he's someone who truly appreciates his fans. Not to mention him being the most versatile player in NBA history by a mile. So what if he picked the Nuggets? They're a team with lots of size and two hall-of-fame level scorers.

My only point is: He's not made for a speaking role on television.