PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone really think Nash's "injury" would have made a difference either way?

ATRAIN
05-07-2007, 08:39 AM
I personally think that it wouldnt have mattered that much anyways. Yeah he nailed that 3, but seriously the spurs wanted game one a little more. Other than nash and Barbosa everyone else was deflated. I dont want anyone saying thats the reason we won game 1 because the fact of the matter was our defense held off everyone else on the suns team to nothing. There were some fans saying that it was Tony's fault on the foul....come on he had the ball nash went in trying to steal it, it was an accident and if you want to blame anyone blame your medical staff for the weak ass job of trying to get him back on the court.

samikeyp
05-07-2007, 08:40 AM
There is no way anyone can say for certain. It could have made a difference but then again, the result could have been the same. Hell, if Amare doesn't miss that point blank layup at the end...things could have been different.

Oh, Gee!!
05-07-2007, 08:42 AM
it probably made a difference. what that "difference" was, one can only guess.

ATRAIN
05-07-2007, 08:43 AM
Yeah I guess there will always be what ifs, like what if Gino hadnt fouled dirk last year, could we be going for 3 this year. Or what if the Mavs werent Choke artits, could they be champs and maybe going for 2 this year. Yeah I agree Amare sucked it up, maybe him and Dirk can be buddies in the off season.

samikeyp
05-07-2007, 08:49 AM
Exactly...but I see your point. There are going to be people who say "If Nash didn't get cut...Phoenix would have won." Which is pretty stupid.

DarrinS
05-07-2007, 08:58 AM
You never know, but he did come in right after the first bandaid and put up a clutch 3. That guy has ice in his veins. Suns are a different team with him on the floor. That's why he's the REAL MVP.

samikeyp
05-07-2007, 08:59 AM
Good point. I think he will get shafted for MVP but I am sure he would rather still be competing for a title than receiving his MVP via UPS.

Dave McNulla
05-07-2007, 09:05 AM
you don't know, he's a great player. he's stuck a lot of games into OT against the spurs.

TheTruth
05-07-2007, 09:07 AM
Nash in crunch time>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Barbosa in cruch time.

I still think the Spurs would have won. They are just too clutch when playoff games matter, but the Suns wouldn't have looked so out of synch at the end of the game.

Kori Ellis
05-07-2007, 09:08 AM
It's hard to tell if Nash being in the game would have led to a Suns victory. Nash's plus/minus yesterday was horrible (-12) while Barbosa was +4. But then Barbosa made bonehead mistakes at the end. So who knows.

The Spurs were up already when it happened and Tony had just stolen the ball, so you never know how that was going to turn out.

Anyway, I hope they are both okay. Hopefully Tony doesn't have a concussion.

dreamcastrocks
05-07-2007, 09:14 AM
As a Suns fan, it probably wouldn't have made a difference.

That open 3 was clutch that he made, but the one that he shot off of the curl on the next possession wasn't a good shot.

I doubt the Suns win anyway, IMO.

Amare_32
05-07-2007, 09:19 AM
Could have, would have is all moot. The only thing that matters is Spurs 1 Suns O. I hope they go to San Antonio tied and not down 0-2.

twincam
05-07-2007, 09:20 AM
This is how I see it.

For the seasn, Nash is shooting: 47.1% from the field, and 44.4% from 3pt range. The odds of him hitting a game winner is slightly against him. We can play the numbers game here, but the simple fact is that the Spurs won. I knew it'd be the "what if". Just let it go and get geared up for game 2.

ATRAIN
05-07-2007, 09:21 AM
Could have, would have is all moot. The only thing that matters is Spurs 1 Suns O. I hope they go to San Antonio tied and not down 0-2.

You know what most of you Suns fans are pretty straight up people, from what I have seen. Maybe you guys can give a lesson to the Mavs fans on class, and while your at it tell your MVP nash to give Dirk some pointers on being clutch!!

dreamcastrocks
05-07-2007, 09:30 AM
You know what most of you Suns fans are pretty straight up people, from what I have seen. Maybe you guys can give a lesson to the Mavs fans on class, and while your at it tell your MVP nash to give Dirk some pointers on being clutch!!

We would need divine intervention to teach class to Mavs fans. I went from hating the Lakers the most, to the Mavs, because of their fans. You can at least understand Laker fans, as they have all of those championships. Mavs fans act like what you would expect from Lakers fans.

jmard5
05-07-2007, 09:34 AM
Yup. We can only guess what might have happened. The ball is round, anything could have happened the last minutes of the game.

ATRAIN
05-07-2007, 09:41 AM
We would need divine intervention to teach class to Mavs fans. I went from hating the Lakers the most, to the Mavs, because of their fans. You can at least understand Laker fans, as they have all of those championships. Mavs fans act like what you would expect from Lakers fans.

You know your right, I cant stand Laker fans, but Mavs fans have really come up to the top of the list.

Cry Havoc
05-07-2007, 11:15 AM
Quote of the Day:
"When you go head against nose, unless it's me ... you have a lot of chances to win."
-- Spurs guard Manu Ginobili, explaining why Tony Parker survived his head-on collision with Steve Nash and poking fun at Manu's most famous facial feature in the process.

:lmao

In all seriousness though, Parker was about to BLOW past Nash on that play. Nash was in the middle of a reach while Parker had crossed him over. It would have been an easy 2 (maybe an and-1) and would have given the Spurs a lot of momentum anyway. So I have to think the Spurs still win. Of course, I'm biased in that regard, but the Suns haven't shown that they can beat us in crunch time at all. Past history + the fact that they tied the score after the Nash gash and still lost seems to favor the Spurs either way.

OldDirtMcGirt
05-07-2007, 11:26 AM
Honestly, nobody knows whether or not it would've made a difference. But when all is said and done, the Spurs got the win and that's all that matters.

timvp
05-07-2007, 11:33 AM
I would feel sorry for the Suns but I didn't see anyone sorry for Duncan last year when Dirk stepped on his foot and Duncan fouled out in the Spurs first road game of the second round.

Crazy things happen. All that is remembered is 1-0.

BigBeezie
05-07-2007, 11:33 AM
The sad part is the that the Mavs haven't accomplished anything and the team along with the owner have a lot of self-love. I drove through Dallas two weeks ago and the radio stations were littered with Mavericks ads and the voices of Jason Terry and Josh Howard talking about being on a "quest for a ring". Shit, you have to beat an 8th seed to get their first you losers. PHX fans on the other hand seem more realistic and realize they have beat the Spurs first and foremost.