PDA

View Full Version : psychological edge

td4mvp3
05-07-2007, 11:22 AM
who's got it?

the suns think they had a good chance at game one but couldn't overcome a maelstrom of little things (nash's injury, barbosa's foul)

the spurs think they could have won by a lot more given so many turnovers and missed freethrows

which team should feel better about their effort?

kskonn
05-07-2007, 11:26 AM
The turnover battle was pretty bad but then again the spurs rebounding edge was huge, espically offensively. Personally I think both teams gave the type of effort and type of game you would expect during this series. I think most games are going to come down to a couple of key plays, the team that makes those plays will win.

kskonn
05-07-2007, 11:27 AM
sorry to answer your question directly the spurs should feel better about their effort down the stretch, they made the plays and the suns did not. If the spurs can limit their turnovers and keep their rebounding edge then they should feel really good going into next game.

DarrinS
No points for Tim in the first quarter and he still gets over 30 points for the game? I think the Spurs feel pretty good about that game.

Kori Ellis
The Spurs should feel good about the win. Whatever the circumstances, you need to protect your home floor in the playoffs - the Suns didn't do that. They can't be feeling great.

Obstructed_View
05-07-2007, 12:02 PM
Any road win is good.

cly2tw
05-07-2007, 12:12 PM
Both teams. Spurs got one on the road and are now in the driver's seat. Suns feel desperate and motivated. Should be a great game.

boutons_
05-07-2007, 12:16 PM
"The playoffs don't begin until you win on the road."

eg, Utah finally won (Game7) on the road.

my2sons
05-07-2007, 12:19 PM
i think the spurs should feel better about a close win, because they hang their hat on defense. there is a strong sense of confidence, I'm sure that if the game is close at the end that the spurs feel they can clamp down defensively. phoenix still needs to count more on the offensive end than defense

dreamcastrocks
05-07-2007, 12:21 PM
Until we win the series, you guys will hold the psychological advantage. The Suns have no idea what they want to do against the Spurs on defense. As much as they have played them, they haven't really figured them out in stretches.

SAGambler
05-07-2007, 01:52 PM
As much of a burr as the Spurs have been to the Suns over the past few years, and condsidering the the Spurs have a 3 - 1 record against them this year, I think the edge has to go to the Spurs.

Kevin Blackistone
05-07-2007, 01:56 PM
Anytime the road team gets a win in game 1 of a series, the edge goes with that team. This is accentuated in this case due to the exact thing happening to the core players of the Suns against the Spurs two years ago enroute to getting beaten down in 5. Also an edge for the Spurs is knowing that they can clamp down defensively and gut out close wins against the Suns, while the Suns know they have horrible matchup problems with TD and TP and have trouble getting stops in the 4th Q.

itzsoweezee
05-07-2007, 02:02 PM
the suns' defense is pretty pathetic. i told you all that kurt thomas wouldn't get any PT. that's why dantoni is a garbage head coach; he won't make the defensive adjustments needed - at least not at the sake of offense. either suns will have to slow down the tempo a bit and play thomas, or duncan's gonna score 40 next game. the suns are screwed. as long as parker keeps the scoring up, which he will, the suns have no shot. especially if ginobili comes around.

BigBeezie
05-07-2007, 02:16 PM
The Spurs have to be feeling pretty good right now, while the Suns just feel like "what if". I don't see how the Suns bounce back and when games in San Antonio.

dreamcastrocks
05-07-2007, 02:19 PM
The Spurs have to be feeling pretty good right now, while the Suns just feel like "what if". I don't see how the Suns bounce back and when games in San Antonio.

Strongly disagree. If there was any team, the Suns can do it.

I am surprised, (and not all that surprised) that the Suns have not been able to get on one of their 10-0 runs.

AnkleBreaker21
05-07-2007, 02:26 PM
10-0 runs my ass their playing defense not the lakers

nkdlunch
05-07-2007, 02:27 PM
D'antoni and Amare already have that defeated look in them.

Spurs>All
05-07-2007, 02:28 PM
We have an edge but must play better defense in game 2. And try holding on to the ball.

AnkleBreaker21
05-07-2007, 02:29 PM
We have an edge but must play better defense in game 2. And try holding on to the ball.
and manu needs to step it up

Kevin Blackistone
05-07-2007, 02:31 PM
I don't mind turnovers that lead to an immediate dead ball as much as turnovers that allow the Suns to run. At least several of the Spurs turnovers yesterday were of the dead ball variety. Need to limit them overall for sure, but not letting the Suns run is priority #1.

Xylus
05-07-2007, 02:36 PM
I don't think the Spurs have the psychological edge just yet. If the Spurs win Game 2, then yes. But Nash is a warrior, Amare is a warrior, Raja Bell is a warrior. These guys will play their hearts out in Game 2.

The Spurs have a 1-0 edge, a homecourt advantage edge, but not a psychological edge.

BigBeezie
05-07-2007, 02:43 PM
Strongly disagree. If there was any team, the Suns can do it.

I am surprised, (and not all that surprised) that the Suns have not been able to get on one of their 10-0 runs.

And you're basing YOUR opinion off of what??? It must be from all of those instances when the Suns knocked the Spurs out of the playoffs recently.

The Suns will crumble after they lose Game 2 at home. I take that back, every player with the exception of Nash will already be booking their timeshare in Cabo or Cancun, Mexico.

Xylus
05-07-2007, 02:45 PM
The Suns will crumble after they lose Game 2 at home.
Premature ejaculation.

TampaDude
05-07-2007, 02:47 PM
If the Spurs win Game 2, the Suns will fold and get swept...

TampaDude
05-07-2007, 02:49 PM
Premature ejaculation.

Maybe, but the Suns will be the ones getting bukkaked... :lol

ArgSpursFan
05-07-2007, 03:33 PM
Game 1 came down to 1 world.DefenseAnd i think thatīs gonna be the edge thatīs gonna have to have the winner of this series.