PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow is Come and Get it Day for the Spurs!

Mavs<Spurs
05-07-2007, 05:50 PM
Not ashamed to state the obvious.

Today is Come and Get it Day for the San Antonio Spurs (as the commentator said about game 6 of the 03 Finals).

Take this game and the title is ours.

:hungry:

Kori Ellis
05-07-2007, 05:51 PM
I think the Spurs lose by 8 tomorrow.

:toast Here's to hoping I'm wrong.

LavaLamp
05-07-2007, 05:52 PM

Hey Kori. Why do you think that? Please explain. Thanks.

Mavs<Spurs
05-07-2007, 05:53 PM

Oh no, please don't say that, Kori.

Tony looks focused. I think that the Spurs know what opportunity now presents itself.

This is the time to go for the kill, slay the dragon. It's winning time.

Mavs<Spurs
05-07-2007, 05:54 PM
If we want this title, we need to go get it, today.

It is possible for the Suns to get 1 here, but probably not 2.
This is the one for insurance, in tennis it's the insurance break.

makedamnsure
05-07-2007, 05:54 PM
oh I am PRAYING that you're wrong Kori and that we can come back home up 2-0

Amuseddaysleeper
05-07-2007, 05:57 PM
tommorow will be by far and away the toughest game of the season for the spurs

the suns know their entire season hinges on this game

i'm with kori on this one, spurs lose by 8 or so, but I definitely hope I'm wrong

Mavs<Spurs
05-07-2007, 05:57 PM
Kori knows more about basketball and the Spurs than I do, but I am still entitled to my opinion and I think that we go get this thing today. I really do.
I have a good feeling about today. I think that we will play better, Manu will not continue this awful slump. Horry, Parker, Manu, Bruce, Tim and Mike all know what a win today means, and they know Dallas is gone.

I see a win.

Let's go get it, boys.

Let's be "The Spurs I (David) know!"

phyzik
05-07-2007, 05:58 PM
Im now BLAMING Kori if we lose tomorrow...

:angel

jman3000
05-07-2007, 06:00 PM
I hope we don't lose... I would lose my undefeated streak in gtg's.

kps0001
05-07-2007, 06:03 PM
http://www.hfxnews.ca/photos/TheDailyNews/stories/Nash1.jpg

Nash is why the Suns will win tomorrow. I think Suns will take 1 from Spurs at home and this series goes 7 games. I really can't say who is going to win. Obviously I hope the Suns do but I respect the Spurs enough to know they aren't going down without a tremendous fight.

mardigan
05-07-2007, 06:06 PM
Spurs will win again manana. The defense will play much better and hold the Suns to the low 90s.

Kori Ellis
05-07-2007, 06:06 PM
Before Game 1, I said the Spurs would win game one and lose game two by 8. I'm just standing by what I said :lol

Amuseddaysleeper
05-07-2007, 06:09 PM
I need to continue betting against the spurs because it's been working wonders so far

the only game i bet in favor of the spurs was game 1 against the nuggets :lol

SpursWoman
05-07-2007, 06:17 PM

I was thinking the exact same thing ... especially the "hoping I'm wrong" part. :spin

So, :toast

foodie2
05-07-2007, 06:18 PM
I agree the Spurs drop the game tomorrow. Spurs in 7 though.

IX_Equilibrium
05-07-2007, 06:26 PM
Spurs will win again manana. The defense will play much better and hold the Suns to the low 90s.

Exactly what I was thinking. Hope it turns out out to be true.

sa_butta
05-07-2007, 06:30 PM
I said Spurs were going to drop the first game and win the second. So to keep the trend of being wrong. Spurs lose game 2.

Dingle Barry
05-07-2007, 06:55 PM
I too foresee a loss tomorrow. PHX will be red hot from outside and Beast will be attacking the rim much harder. Tim gets two fouls early.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-07-2007, 06:58 PM
I'd be all of my vbookie that manu gets 2 fouls in his first minute of play, sits on the bench, then when he comes back and we need a spark he'll do absolutely nothing and be a detriment to the flow of the team.

But as long as Duncan don't get into foul trouble we'll be aiiight.

TheTruth
05-07-2007, 07:01 PM
I think you'll be wrong CBF. Manu is going to explode tomorrow night.

Borosai
05-07-2007, 07:02 PM
I predicted a sweep, so a sweep it must be. Spurs win big...lets say, by 16.

AlamoSpursFan
05-07-2007, 07:03 PM
I figured we'd lose 1 and win 2, so I wouldn't be surprised if we lose 2, but sure would be nice to come back to SA up 2-0 again...

easjer
05-07-2007, 07:26 PM
I think the Spurs lose this next one. Hope they prove me wrong. It's going to be one tough game and the way they played portions of Game 1 won't cut it. They'll all have to deliver and then some. If they do, maybe they can pull it out. 2-0 would be nice.

Pressure is all on the Suns. Spurs have homecourt now and return to SA tied at the worst.

bdictjames
05-07-2007, 07:29 PM
Is that really you Kori?

I think Spurs win by a considerable margin, bigger than 5 at least.

greens
05-07-2007, 07:58 PM
I think Spurs will win Game 2. They want to get done with round two as soon as possible...They know that they have the advantage at the moment. I don't think they'll let it slip away...After all, they're a veteran team.

And if it is sort of like a 2005 deja vu...then it would make sense to go back to San Antonio up 2-0. It sure would not hurt. Why give a game away?

GO SPURS GO!

DarrinS
05-07-2007, 08:51 PM
http://www.hfxnews.ca/photos/TheDailyNews/stories/Nash1.jpg

Nash is why the Suns will win tomorrow. I think Suns will take 1 from Spurs at home and this series goes 7 games. I really can't say who is going to win. Obviously I hope the Suns do but I respect the Spurs enough to know they aren't going down without a tremendous fight.

I don't know why, but when I see this photo of Nash, it reminds me of the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz.

http://atangledweb.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/scarecrow_oz.gif

Suns will win by about 10 pts.

GrandeDavid
05-07-2007, 08:58 PM
Trends, history, respect for Phoenix etc. tell me that tomorrow is their game. But I'll be damned if the Spurs are not just dominant, even when some guys struggle, such as Manu on offense this playoffs. They still seem to get the job done. Also, the Spurs seem tremendously focused as they are so veteran. I think San Antonio can win tomorrow, no doubt.

I'm going with the Spurs tomorrow.

Cry Havoc
05-07-2007, 08:58 PM
Not ashamed to state the obvious.

Tomorrow is Come and Get it Day for the San Antonio Spurs (as the commentator said about game 6 of the 03 Finals).

Take this game and the title is ours.

:hungry:

I think we lose this next game.

But even if we sweep Phoenix, Billups & Co. would like a word with you about who's winning what this year. The Pistons will NOT be easy if we make it that far.

kps0001
05-07-2007, 09:46 PM
I don't know why, but when I see this photo of Nash, it reminds me of the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz.

http://atangledweb.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/scarecrow_oz.gif

Suns will win by about 10 pts.

:lol the resemblance is eeeeeerie.

Quasar
05-08-2007, 12:02 AM
The choking Spurs from earlier this year (and Denver Game 1) seem to be a thing of the past - the ones I watched last week are a different team altogether - they don't know how to lose, or they luck out.

Shots that were not falling before suddenly started going in, e.g. Horry's 3 in the waning minutes of game 4.

They should take game 2.

Believe!

Kevin Blackistone
05-08-2007, 12:37 AM
If the Spurs show up and play their game, there is nothing the Suns can do about it. The Spurs own the matchup advantage, and as such control what will happen for 48. If they want it, come to play for it, there is absolutely nothing short of divine intervention that the Suns can do about it. It's just a matter of if they play up to their ability tomorrow on both ends.

JustSpurs
05-08-2007, 12:43 AM
I thought we would split the games in Phoenix. I thought we'd drop game one and win game Two. I hope I'm wrong but I'll say the Suns by 6 tonight.

Like Miss Ellis: Here's hoping I'm wrong. :toast

Bruno
05-08-2007, 06:03 AM
Phoenix is a great team, I think they will win game 2.
07 Suns aren't at all 05 Suns. This serie won't be an easy one and despite game 1, I wouldn't be surprised to see Suns winning this serie. As a Spurs fan, I say Spurs in 6.

SAGambler
05-08-2007, 08:27 AM
I don't understand why anyone would think the Suns would even win, much less by an 8 point margin.

What exactly are they going to do different, except maybe slow down their offense by inserting Thomas for the defense?

The Spurs have basically owned the Suns for some time now.

The only way I see a Suns win, is if they squeak out a 1 or 2 point win.

I really think the Spurs already smell blood in this series, and for some odd reason I think they will actually go out and put their foot on the Suns throat.

I think the Suns will try their best to not let Tony beat them, which should open it up for other players.

Can anyone say Manu is due for a huge game?

I think the Spurs win this one by 4 or 5.

Rummpd
05-08-2007, 08:30 AM
Spurs by 6, book it.

Capt Bringdown
05-08-2007, 08:33 AM
There's a great opportunity to make a statement tomorrow and make this a legendary playoff run. Hell, we're already one of the greatest teams of all time, but let's go out there with a chip on our shoulder and crush the Suns. I wanna see some Mario Elie type fire out there. Vicious, cold-hearted assassins, ripping the hearts out of NBA's media darling teams.
Sorry casual fans and clueless sportwriters, the Spurs are here to play "boring" championship basketball. Let's do it!

Kobulingam
05-08-2007, 08:35 AM
Expect Manu to run buck wild and Spurs to pound Suns by 8+.

degenerate_gambler
05-08-2007, 09:12 AM
Expect Manu to run buck wild and Spurs to pound Suns by 8+.

yep this is his night.

parker will not shoot as well from the outside.

manu will pick up his slack.

Cry Havoc
05-08-2007, 09:15 AM
yep this is his night.

parker will not shoot as well from the outside.

manu will pick up his slack.

If Manu is getting penetration and hitting his shot, the lane will be pretty wide open for Parker. He won't need jumpers.

LilMissSPURfect
05-08-2007, 09:18 AM
Spurs will match their energy! Manu, Barry or Fin will have a big night!

Mavs<Spurs
05-08-2007, 10:05 AM
This is a great Spurs team.
They control their own destiny.

Tim Duncan, one of the 5 best players of all time, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili, Michael Finley, Robert Horry and that stifling San Antonio defense.

Spurs determine the outcome.

It's kind of line women's tennis.

Serena decides who wins in matches she playes. The opponent is irrelevant. If Serena makes her shots, she wins. If she misses her shots (esp her forehand), she loses. Her opponent is irrelevant.

If we match their intensity and play Spurs defense, it is very likely that we will win.

I believe that they know what winning this game means and they are going to win it.

Mavs<Spurs
05-08-2007, 12:12 PM
Today is the day of salvation.

Today is Come and Get it Day for the San Antonio Spurs.

A Spurs win today and the Suns have virtually no shot at winning the series.

It's time.

Let's go take this one.