PDA

View Full Version : Slow Drivers. Move the F#@k over.

IceColdBrewski
05-07-2007, 06:26 PM
Slow Drivers - Move Over!
Grassroots campaign prods slowpokes out of left lanes

Enough with slow drivers in the left lane! “As traffic gets increasingly congested, it’s time for citizens to reclaim the left lane,” says J.A. Tosti, spokesman for Left Lane Drivers of America, a grassroots effort to get slower traffic to move right. “More and more these days, you find slow drivers in the left lane, causing no end of headache and frustration to those of us who have places to go and people to see. Some of these offenders are timid and tentative, some are completely oblivious to what’s going on around them, and some are self-appointed ‘hall monitors’ regulating what they alone have determined to be proper driving speeds. Whatever be the case, it’s time for us to trumpet the message, ‘If you’re not a Left Lane Driver, get out of the left lane!’”
In order to actually help slower drivers move right, Left Lane Drivers of America offers copyrighted windshield decals which boldly and prominently display their unified sentiment in the offending driver’s rearview mirror. The decal, which reads “MOVE OVER” also has a large arrow showing them where to go. The words and arrow display backwards on the windshield so that they read properly when seen in the mirror (click here to see picture). According to Tosti, “Although the message minces no words, the idea here is not to be rude or pushy but to offer slow drivers a gentle prod, reminding them of the need to either pick up the pace or make room for those who choose to drive a bit faster.”
In fact, slow drivers do need to move over. In many states, the left lane is supposed to be the passing lane and slower drivers can be cited for obstructing traffic. Those who stake out permanent positions for themselves in the left lane tend to provoke those wanting to drive faster, often giving them no other choice but the dangerous strategy of passing on the right in order to get ahead. Slow drivers can easily become slow moving safety hazards.
Bottom Line: Moving over is a matter of courtesy. It is a matter of safety. It is a matter of doing one's part to help traffic flow smoothly. And it is the law in many states: “Stay to the right except to pass”. Left Lane Drivers of America is doing something positive to help improve traffic flow on today’s overcrowded, pressure-packed freeways. Their “Move Over” message has the potential of helping reduce instances of road rage, hazardous driving and untimely, often deadly accidents.

ChumpDumper
05-07-2007, 06:41 PM
Bottom Line: Moving over is a matter of courtesy. It is a matter of safetyDriving slower is proven to be safer too. I don't see that happeneing anytime soon.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-07-2007, 06:56 PM
Driving 70 or under in the fast lane when you have the ability to scoot over to a right lane is just as dangerous as driving like a speed demon because most people go much faster than 70 on the highway.

AlamoSpursFan
05-07-2007, 07:00 PM
Left Lane For Passing Only is supposed to be the law in Texas, but good luck finding a cop willing to enforce it.

Shelly
05-07-2007, 07:26 PM
Left Lane For Passing Only is supposed to be the law in Texas, but good luck finding a cop willing to enforce it.

That's because we're always passing someone! :lol

NorCal510
05-07-2007, 07:32 PM
i hate when slow drivers hog up the fast lane

*waiting for bitches to come in here and try and pwn me

CubanMustGo
05-07-2007, 09:36 PM
I stay out of the left lane as much as possible but there ARE times even I have to overtake someone who's going slower. Stay more than six inches away from my rear bumper, I'll move over as soon as it's safe to do so.

rr2418
05-07-2007, 10:43 PM
I agree that slow drivers shouldn't use the left lane but then again fast drivers should not think that the left lane is to drive past the speed limit either! There are too many drivers that were taught how to drive by their fathers, grandfathers or other drivers who didn't no how to drive in the first place. While I'm on a roll, there are too many drivers going 80 mph or more on the left lane using the cell phone! Where are the cops when you need them??? :(

samikeyp
05-07-2007, 11:29 PM
Get under them, get them loose and put them into the wall! :)

braeden0613
05-07-2007, 11:44 PM
if youre not going 5 over the limit...get out of the left lane

Marcus Bryant
05-08-2007, 01:24 AM
Some shouldn't be allowed to drive at any speed.

Cry Havoc
05-08-2007, 10:40 AM
I agree that slow drivers shouldn't use the left lane but then again fast drivers should not think that the left lane is to drive past the speed limit either! There are too many drivers that were taught how to drive by their fathers, grandfathers or other drivers who didn't no how to drive in the first place. While I'm on a roll, there are too many drivers going 80 mph or more on the left lane using the cell phone! Where are the cops when you need them??? :(

Or you could let evolution take care of itself. I drive (responsibly) faster than the speed limit when my timeframe dictates I need to be somewhere. There is nothing worse than someone who is blocking the left lane. Not only does it cause others to slow down, it also clogs traffic and prevents other drivers from having space to maneuver if something happens in front of them which they need to react to.

Letting someone drive the speed they want is often the safest thing. Someone who's going 110 mph isn't going to care that you're trying to slow him or her down, he's just going to move to the right, dart through tight spaces of traffic, and wind up on the other side of you anyway.

Mixability
05-08-2007, 10:43 AM
I don't have any problem with speeders on the highways. No use in being in that lane to slow them down. School Zones are a complete different story, I loathe people who disregard them.

CosmicCowboy
05-08-2007, 12:11 PM
I hate it when I'm driving 70+ and following a line of cars in the same lane, cars next to me, and some asshole starts riding my bumper to try to get me to move over. Uhhh...where do you think you're gonna go, asshole? Theres a car right in front of me.

Just to make it perfectly clear, I AM gonna hammer the brakes if you do that to me.

It's amazing what a 2" drop hitch will do to the front of a Mitsubishi riceburner even if it's just a little bump.

LuvBones
05-08-2007, 12:14 PM
Or you could let evolution take care of itself. I drive (responsibly) faster than the speed limit when my timeframe dictates I need to be somewhere. There is nothing worse than someone who is blocking the left lane. Not only does it cause others to slow down, it also clogs traffic and prevents other drivers from having space to maneuver if something happens in front of them which they need to react to.

Letting someone drive the speed they want is often the safest thing. Someone who's going 110 mph isn't going to care that you're trying to slow him or her down, he's just going to move to the right, dart through tight spaces of traffic, and wind up on the other side of you anyway.My sentiments exactly!!

Spurminator
05-08-2007, 12:39 PM
Also, if you're going to pass someone that you're only going about 1-2 mph faster than, kick it up a little bit and get past them. There's nothing I hate more than getting stuck behind two people driving parallel at the same speed.

Taco
05-08-2007, 12:51 PM
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/4203/r43mr0.gif (http://imageshack.us)

DarkReign
05-08-2007, 01:29 PM
Also, if you're going to pass someone that you're only going about 1-2 mph faster than, kick it up a little bit and get past them. There's nothing I hate more than getting stuck behind two people driving parallel at the same speed.

Amen. Slow people, just stick to surface streets. Youre a burden and probably cause more accidents than you realize. Not everyone has time to waste while you play "safety patrol" on the highway.

Fucking losers.

Mixability
05-08-2007, 01:37 PM

:tu

I hate when someone passes me just to get in front of me and slow down. :pctoss

Crookshanks
05-08-2007, 01:41 PM
Yesterday I was on 281 south, just coming up on the curve before Josephine Street. I was in the left lane - going just slightly over the speed limit - when all of a sudden I had to hit the brakes because some idiot in a beat up pickup truck (several cars ahead) was driving waaay slow in the left lane! It caused no end of hassle for people in all 3 lanes of traffic, as people were trying to slow down and move over to avoid a collision.

And the driver just kept on his merry way, totally oblivious to the problems he was causing! At times like this, I wish I had a paintball gun to blast their car! Or else speakers like the police so that I could yell at them to get the hell over!!!

cornbread
05-08-2007, 03:00 PM
Yesterday I was on 281 south, just coming up on the curve before Josephine Street. I was in the left lane - going just slightly over the speed limit - when all of a sudden I had to hit the brakes because some idiot in a beat up pickup truck (several cars ahead) was driving waaay slow in the left lane! It caused no end of hassle for people in all 3 lanes of traffic, as people were trying to slow down and move over to avoid a collision.

And the driver just kept on his merry way, totally oblivious to the problems he was causing! At times like this, I wish I had a paintball gun to blast their car! Or else speakers like the police so that I could yell at them to get the hell over!!!
People who don't use the left/lane passing correctly are some of the most dangerous drivers on the road. I've seen statistics of death rates on Germany's autobahn (where there is no speed limit) and they are lower than the US Interstate Highway System. Why? One reason among a few others is that people stay the fuck out of the passing lane there. Do you really want to be cruising along at 45mph and before you know it you have a Ferrari going 150mph rammed up your ass? People there have no choice but to respect that rule and it makes the autobahn a safer place.

ALVAREZ6
05-08-2007, 06:23 PM
I hate main roads.

Fuckin slow ass drivers.

NorCal510
05-08-2007, 06:30 PM
alvarez drives his grandpa's beatup cadillac with spoked rims

ALVAREZ6
05-08-2007, 06:36 PM
alvarez drives his grandpa's beatup cadillac with spoked rimsbeats a 2 MPH water buffalo