PDA

View Full Version : Golden State Next Season

SAtown
05-08-2007, 12:01 AM
If they aren't plagued with injuries next year, what do you think? Top 4 team in the West next year? Shit, they can easily be 2nd in their division, with Sacto, Lakers, and Clippers behind them. I think what they're doing in this years playoffs is just an indication that they are a 4 seed (at worst) disguised as an 8th seed.

schadenfreude52
05-08-2007, 12:05 AM
Possibly 1st in their division. Unless the Lakers revive themselves, I don't see a reason why not.

Pistons < Spurs
05-08-2007, 12:07 AM
If they aren't plagued with injuries next year, what do you think? Top 4 team in the West next year? Shit, they can easily be 2nd in their division, with Sacto, Lakers, and Clippers behind them. I think what they're doing in this years playoffs is just an indication that they are a 4 seed (at worst) disguised as an 8th seed.
They've got B Davis for a PG... that means they'll always suffer with injury concerns.

SAtown
05-08-2007, 12:08 AM
Possibly 1st in their division. Unless the Lakers revive themselves, I don't see a reason why not.

1st in division in front of PHX would be a little bit of a stretch. But if they stay injury free, anything can happen.

SAtown
05-08-2007, 12:12 AM
We can pretty much put the "underdog story" to rest; and no, not because SpursDynasty says so. I never imagined GS state to be a threat in the West, but I used to say the same about Dallas, and look how that turned out...

Amuseddaysleeper
05-08-2007, 12:27 AM
isn't matt barnes a free agent at the end of the season?

will be interesting to see if he stays in GS if they are willing to shell out the dough

timvp
05-08-2007, 12:29 AM
They'll probably be a one hit wonder this postseason. But with the way they're playing right now, they can beat anybody.

schadenfreude52
05-08-2007, 12:39 AM
1st in division in front of PHX would be a little bit of a stretch. But if they stay injury free, anything can happen.

Oh whoops. I somehow forgot about PHX :lol. Yeah... I think 2nd is much more reasonable.

AZLouis
05-08-2007, 08:37 AM
They'll probably be a one hit wonder this postseason. But with the way they're playing right now, they can beat anybody.

Exactly. Everybody expected big things from the Clippers after their postseason success last year.

The Warriors aren't built to withstand teams who have guys like Boozer, Duncan, Yao, and any other formidable big guy with a post game.

That issue needs to be seriously addressed before they can make a move for a serious run in the West.

It would be nice to see them get into the mix for KG or Jermaine O'Neal.

It'll probably cost them Jason Richardson (who is rumored to be traded anyway), but it would definitely move them up the West's totem pole.

AFBlue
05-08-2007, 09:21 AM
A bit to early to say they'll be at/near the top of the division when the off-season has yet to occur. They still have major holes, and all of those other teams will certainly attempt to address their weaknesses.

My guess is that Sacto gets rid of Artest, the Lakers make a run at Garnett or O'Neal, and the Clips...well I dunno what the Clips will do, outside of getting a PG that's not prone to having his knee jump out of socket or one that's not 40.

Point is, the Warriors are not this good....they just got hot at the right time and ran up against a team where they had the favorable matchup.

SpursDynasty
05-08-2007, 09:42 AM
I'm not just saying this because they are the 4 West teams still in the playoffs, but the Suns, Spurs, Jazz, and Warriors (as they are right now w/no injuries) are the best 4 Western Conf. teams in the NBA this season. They'll be in the top 4 next season as well.