PDA

View Full Version : bwahaha tony parker!....

Amuseddaysleeper
05-08-2007, 12:51 AM
"me, manu, and tim need to take advantage of the fact that the Suns don't play very good defense, the scoring opportunities are there"

- tony parker, tnt interview

now, while this isn't anything new, wasn't this something you shouldn't be saying about the opposing team?

Trainwreck2100
05-08-2007, 12:51 AM
Maybe now Pho. will actually guard him

Amuseddaysleeper
05-08-2007, 12:52 AM
i doubt TP will shoot as well in game 2, but here's to hoping! :toast

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-08-2007, 12:53 AM
:lol aw mann..

he shouldn't fuel their fire with that locker board material.

They can D up when they want to...The Suns are going to play the Spurs hard tomorrow.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-08-2007, 12:54 AM
Maybe now Pho. will actually guard him
Maybe CIA Pop wants Tony draw extra attention from the Suns, to open up the other guys.

T Park
05-08-2007, 01:21 AM
stupid thing to say by parker.

True, but stupid.

MI21
05-08-2007, 07:00 AM
I'm sure if the reporter had of asked, "How do you plan to stop the Suns" he would of spoke about how they are an incredible offensive team, so I'm sure he wasn't trying to diss them for the sake of it. He is just speaking the truth, the Phoenix players know there team isn't great defensively, he isn't really giving them anything to get angry about.

spursfan09
05-08-2007, 07:46 AM
If there's one thing Tony can do, is be very frank in his interviews. He's just telling it like it is....

Bruno
05-08-2007, 07:55 AM
I see nothign wrong with saying that. It's not like he has said : "Suns defense sucks, we can score 140 points on them"

boutons_
05-08-2007, 07:59 AM
Stating what is obvious to anybody who has watched d'Antoni run-and-gun Suns is hardly spilling the beans.

That it comes from a Suns' playoff opponent might get the Suns to play some defense for a minute or two per game.

twincam
05-08-2007, 08:06 AM
Parker has a valid point. The Suns do not play defense. Remember, they're pro OFFENSE.
It's very cliche to say that Phoenix will come out and play hard tonight, but who's to say that San Antonio won't. Too cliche.

nkdlunch
05-08-2007, 08:38 AM
Tony obviously felt disrespected because they would leave him open and made them pay and made them aware.

LilMissSPURfect
05-08-2007, 08:44 AM
in Phoenix "DEFENSE" is just a chant!

101A
05-08-2007, 08:50 AM
There is no defensive "switch" to be thrown.

Phoenix wins by outscoring it's opponents.

If they, in fact, make a decided effort to STOP the Spurs, expend more energy on that side of the floor, start KT, etc....they are playing RIGHT into the Spur's hands.

dreamcastrocks
05-08-2007, 08:53 AM
I'd sure say that Raja played good, no great defense on Ginobili last game. In fact, 3 out of the 4 games this year, Ginobili has had terrible games. That isn't a coincidence.

Now with that said. Marion did not do a good job on him on the defensive end. He should call out his man, not the entire team.

Kobulingam
05-08-2007, 09:00 AM
I like how D'Antonio coaches Defense during timeouts/breaks. He's usually caught in the huddle saying "Come on guys we gotta play better defense. Run back and work hard." No real specifics.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-08-2007, 09:00 AM
I'd sure say that Raja played good, no great defense on Ginobili last game. In fact, 3 out of the 4 games this year, Ginobili has had terrible games. That isn't a coincidence.That's because Manu had been using this year as a test-lab for his jumper. Thus, Raja Bell "made" him take difficult jumpers. :lol

Manu should take it to the hole every time. He needs to go off on Raja Bell tonight with authority. I blame Manu for inflating Raja Bell's rep as a defensive stopper, because he played crappily through his own doings. :lol

bonesinaz
05-08-2007, 09:09 AM
Raja Bell sucks. Hitting people in the head is a foul, not good defense.

703 Spurz
05-08-2007, 11:26 AM
If D'Antoni can sit there and say his team is better/has more talent the the Spurs, fuck what TP said. The enemy just said they're better then us. THAT is bulletin material

kskonn
05-08-2007, 11:33 AM
Well I remember in several interviews that Parker said that the suns were not guarding him and that he would hit the wide open jumbers if they continued to go underneath the screens on the pick and roll. Again that is their strategy, it is not like parker said"the suns can't stop me or the spurs and we will score whenever we want." No fuel for phoenix they will continue to do what they do. I have a hard time believing they were not trying hard to stop him last game.

dreamcastrocks
05-08-2007, 11:36 AM
That's because Manu had been using this year as a test-lab for his jumper. Thus, Raja Bell "made" him take difficult jumpers. :lol

Manu should take it to the hole every time. He needs to go off on Raja Bell tonight with authority. I blame Manu for inflating Raja Bell's rep as a defensive stopper, because he played crappily through his own doings. :lol

Typical response.

I do agree with you that Manu should be more agressive and go to the hole more. Using the "test-lab" for his jumper excuse is not giving credit where credit is due.

That would be like me saying that Bowen is not a good defender, the players he defends just decide to take the night off when playing against him.

They BOTH are on the All-NBA team that is decided by coaches, the most reliable source there is.

jman3000
05-08-2007, 11:36 AM
doesn't nash say the exact same thing about his own team?

dreamcastrocks
05-08-2007, 11:37 AM
Well I remember in several interviews that Parker said that the suns were not guarding him and that he would hit the wide open jumbers if they continued to go underneath the screens on the pick and roll. Again that is their strategy, it is not like parker said"the suns can't stop me or the spurs and we will score whenever we want." No fuel for phoenix they will continue to do what they do. I have a hard time believing they were not trying hard to stop him last game.

It is not that they weren't trying, they honestly believe that Parker cannot make those outside shots consistently. He proved them wrong in Game 1. They are calling him out again, and expect to see the same thing in Game 2. If Tony continues hitting the jumper, the series is over.

dreamcastrocks
05-08-2007, 11:38 AM
doesn't nash say the exact same thing about his own team?

Umm, no.

kps0001
05-08-2007, 11:53 AM
Raja Bell sucks. Hitting people in the head is a foul, not good defense.

Yup because Raja certainly hits people in the head on every play.
:rolleyes

longrod
05-08-2007, 11:59 AM
I applaud Parker for being candid. There are too many useless bullshitters around the game as it is.

kskonn
05-08-2007, 12:18 PM
It is not that they weren't trying, they honestly believe that Parker cannot make those outside shots consistently. He proved them wrong in Game 1. They are calling him out again, and expect to see the same thing in Game 2. If Tony continues hitting the jumper, the series is over.

I completely agree. That is their strategy, and for the most part all I ever heard parker say was that they do not respect his jumper and he will continue to fire away if given the opportunities. If Parker is hitting his mid range jump shots he is damned near impossible to defend.