PDA

View Full Version : Concerns with some Spurs fans

ATRAIN
05-08-2007, 07:14 AM
Ok so yeah Im fairly new at this message board and yes I have posted some things that have been posted time and time again, as well as some stupid threads making fun of the Mavs and thier fans. Yes I still have to let go last years series with the Mavs and am working on that. I am just concerned with what I have seen around here. Most of the people here have been great, but there are a few fellow spurs fans that have been pretty mean. I mean come on just cause im new to the message board doesnt mean im a "bandwagon" fan. I never knew this site existed till a few weeks ago. I am not saying everyone is like this, but for some of you guys you really know how to welcome someone that shares the same team as you. I just want to know if its always like this so I can stop posting.

Trainwreck2100
05-08-2007, 07:18 AM
If you have an issue here's a tissue

This place ain't for the weak son. You gots to roll hard.

xamila rey
05-08-2007, 07:29 AM
i read more than i post,
just because i am a lazy a***
anyway, i think everyone is very nice and welcome here.
Never had a problem,
advice: dont take anything too seriously.

Bruno
05-08-2007, 07:35 AM
You come here and you troll this board, don't be surprised that some people aren't "nice" with you. :rolleyes

ATRAIN
05-08-2007, 07:41 AM
You come here and you troll this board, don't be surprised that some people aren't "nice" with you. :rolleyes

Ive made one post that could be considered "trolling", but ive gotten rude responses and just shit that isnt needed........see response number 2 on this thread. Im not sensitve, I dont care that much. I just feel like everyone talks about class and what not. How about loyalty towards other fans instead of trying to make them look small in front of everyone including fans of other teams.

Trainwreck2100
05-08-2007, 07:47 AM
Ive made one post that could be considered "trolling", but ive gotten rude responses and just shit that isnt needed........see response number 2 on this thread.

c'mon now, xamilla's post wasn't that bad

Bruno
05-08-2007, 07:52 AM
People have made a lot of posts about Mavs and their unbelievable sucking ability few days ago before yours.
You come after the battle with new ones while people were a little fed up with this kind of thread. You haven't posted within the flow of this board and that's why people have been rude with you.
I can't speak for them but I think it was nothing personal against you. Move on and stop starting tons of stupid threads (like this one :p: ) if you want that people are cool with you.

thispego
05-08-2007, 07:59 AM
hahahaha, maybe your mom or dad should create an account so they can watch over you and make sure you dont get bullied.

easjer
05-08-2007, 08:00 AM
No, most people here are incredibly knowledgable, nice, friendly and funny. There are a few who are not. Odd how that's sorta like, dunno, real life.

And as with moving into a new social group (even when you have common ground), your best bet is not to immediately try to jump into conversations or start new ones, because you don't yet understand the flow of conversation or know what was talked about before you arrived.

If you are really interested in talking about the Spurs, then hang back and watch and learn and THEN you can get more involved successfully.

Also, it's the internet. Simmer down. No one on here knows you personally.

xamila rey
05-08-2007, 08:08 AM
^^^^ nice post :tu

ArgSpursFan
05-08-2007, 08:15 AM
Ok so yeah Im fairly new at this message board and yes I have posted some things that have been posted time and time again, as well as some stupid threads making fun of the Mavs and thier fans. Yes I still have to let go last years series with the Mavs and am working on that. I am just concerned with what I have seen around here. Most of the people here have been great, but there are a few fellow spurs fans that have been pretty mean. I mean come on just cause im new to the message board doesnt mean im a "bandwagon" fan. I never knew this site existed till a few weeks ago. I am not saying everyone is like this, but for some of you guys you really know how to welcome someone that shares the same team as you. I just want to know if its always like this so I can stop posting.

there are some FOLKS here,who have been posting here for a while now,and they think they kind of OWN this board,and they way people have to think.
My advice to you my friend is:donīt take it to seriusly,keep on posting and saying what you think,and to those posters who try to downplay what you say,tell them to go fuck themself.I hope I can keep on sharing my opinions with you.good luck.

jmard5
05-08-2007, 08:20 AM
Just some tips. For newbies, just do read more. Contribute to open threads. Then you will understand the flow. =)

Trainwreck2100
05-08-2007, 08:21 AM
there are some FOLKS here,who have been posting here for a while now,and they think they kind of OWN this board,and they way people have to think.
My advice to you my friend is:donīt take it to seriusly,keep on posting and saying what you think,and to those posters who try to downplay what you say,tell them to go fuck themself.I hope I can keep on sharing my opinions with you.good luck.

Manu sucks ass

not really, but i like messing with the argies

GrandeDavid
05-08-2007, 08:22 AM

Some people can be loudmouthed jackasses. Just smack them back in the grill harder or ignore them. I think you can block their posts in your settings, also. Anyway, keep bringing your takes and don't worry what the jerks have to say.

mabber
05-08-2007, 08:26 AM
Some people can be loudmouthed jackasses. Just smack them back in the grill harder or ignore them. I think you can block their posts in your settings, also. Anyway, keep bringing your takes and don't worry what the jerks have to say.

Well said. As a Mav fan, I've found it's in my best interest to ignore the jackasses most of the time. If I were a Spurs fan I'd probably smack back much more often as you're allowed a little more of that as a Spurs fan since it's a Spurs forum (and that's understandable).

ATRAIN
05-08-2007, 08:31 AM
Yeah I should learn to ignore and read more and learn the flow. Thanks for everyones insight, and thanks to the idiots who proved my point.

degenerate_gambler
05-08-2007, 08:35 AM
get some thicker skin

don't start 18 new threads in one day

do not whine

you'll be alright kid.

nkdlunch
05-08-2007, 08:36 AM
mama drama forum

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-08-2007, 08:41 AM
get some thicker skin

don't start 18 new threads in one day

do not whine

you'll be alright kid.

ratm1221
05-08-2007, 09:16 AM
Isn't it ironic that someone comes in and talks tons of shit and then gets his feelings hurt when someone talks shit back. It's like the bully at school that cries when someone finally stands up to him and wants everybody to feel sorry for him. Man up dude. Everything on this board is all in fun. If you can't handle it, try this forum instead.

http://www.stevepavlina.com/forums/emotional-mastery/2954-battling-low-self-esteem.html

Cry Havoc
05-08-2007, 09:19 AM
and thanks to the idiots who proved my point.

Why do you make a post about people being "mean" :dramaquee and then resort to such derogatory language? That will never earn you any friends unless you're using it within a humorous context.

Keep the insults to yourself if you're going to whine about jerks on the forum.

TxJudsonRocketTx
05-08-2007, 09:21 AM
i read more than i post,
just because i am a lazy a***
anyway, i think everyone is very nice and welcome here.
Never had a problem,
advice: dont take anything too seriously.

A lot of times its hard to post anything here because most of the time if you read a thread in its entirety there really isnt much that has not been said :depressed

ATRAIN
05-08-2007, 09:21 AM
Isn't it ironic that someone comes in and talks tons of shit and then gets his feelings hurt when someone talks shit back. It's like the bully at school that cries when someone finally stands up to him and wants everybody to feel sorry for him. Man up dude. Everything on this board is all in fun. If you can't handle it, try this forum instead.

http://www.stevepavlina.com/forums/emotional-mastery/2954-battling-low-self-esteem.html

Like I said, I expect it from you guys, cause yes I started some shit with you MAVS fans, what I didnt expect was backlash from my fellow spurs fans. I can take it dont get me wrong, just wanted to know if I should unleash the asshole inside, it wouldnt have been pretty and I didnt want to do it against my own. Thanks for the link, maybe one day I might need it, but not today.

Cry Havoc
05-08-2007, 09:35 AM
Like I said, I expect it from you guys, cause yes I started some shit with you MAVS fans, what I didnt expect was backlash from my fellow spurs fans. I can take it dont get me wrong, just wanted to know if I should unleash the asshole inside, it wouldnt have been pretty and I didnt want to do it against my own. Thanks for the link, maybe one day I might need it, but not today.

Ah. You're one of these:

http://craphound.com/images/inettoughguy.jpg

Got it.

caŪlo
05-08-2007, 09:40 AM
if ur going to unleash the asshole inside u... be prepared to have the regular posters here rip u a new one.

just hang around and have fun. this is the best spurs site on the planet. heck even better than spurs.com

FreeMad Dan
05-08-2007, 09:42 AM
Stop all the hate...why oh why must we argue...can't we all just get along...what would Ghandi say

ATRAIN
05-08-2007, 09:47 AM
if ur going to unleash the asshole inside u... be prepared to have the regular posters here rip u a new one.

just hang around and have fun. this is the best spurs site on the planet. heck even better than spurs.com

No No dont get get wrong I wasnt planning on it, I was getting prepared too though. I decided to be civil and voice my opinion on how I saw things, after all this is a message board where everyone expresses themselves is it not? Now for calling some people idiots for proving my point, its a lot nicer than what I could have said. I do want to just have fun and express my opinion and I did apologize for being a ass in previous posts.

Cry Havoc
05-08-2007, 09:53 AM
No No dont get get wrong I wasnt planning on it, I was getting prepared too though. I decided to be civil and voice my opinion on how I saw things, after all this is a message board where everyone expresses themselves is it not? Now for calling some people idiots for proving my point, its a lot nicer than what I could have said. I do want to just have fun and express my opinion and I did apologize for being a ass in previous posts.

When you call people out for being idiots, you have a decent grasp on the language you're attempting to insult them in. Just a thought.

DarrinS
05-08-2007, 09:54 AM
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/2006/07/gay2.jpg

EDIT> I'm sorry. That was mean.

easjer
05-08-2007, 10:12 AM

Dude. Seriously, take what I'm about to say to heart, because it will save you a lot of time and trouble.

Just because people share a common interest or ideal is not an indication that they will agree on a) anything else or b) everything in respect to that common interest or ideal.

So lower your expectations of what Spurs fans will or will not say or do or think. We all think differently. Some of us love Tim Duncan, some of us dislike Pop, some of us think we need new legs, others are praying that Robert Horry can be convinced to resign for another 2 years. Some people hate the Mavs with a passion, and others don't really care. Again, that is life - you'll do better all around if you just learn to deal with it.

Kori Ellis
05-08-2007, 10:20 AM
You seem to be pretty sensitive. You started 2-3 threads attacking/making fun of Mavs fans and you are upset because someone told you to get a tissue and called you a bandwagon fan?

You have to be tougher than that to post here. Everyone gets on each other a lot (most of it joking) and you have to be able to handle it. If you can't, maybe you are right and this place isn't for you.

I hope you stick around and learn to go with the flow.

--Kori

ArgSpursFan
05-08-2007, 10:26 AM
it looks like this board its braking in 2 now,the all timers vs the new Gen. of spurstalk users.Itīs good though,I reather talk to someone whoīs gonna bring something new to the table and can Agree or NOT with me,but at the end,non of us Itīs gonna disrespect the other.

Kori Ellis
05-08-2007, 10:31 AM
it looks like this board its braking in 2 now,the all timers vs the new Gen. of spurstalk users.Itīs good though,I reather talk to someone whoīs gonna bring something new to the table and can Agree or NOT with me,but at the end,non of us Itīs gonna disrespect the other.

:lol It doesn't look anything like that.

Anyway, the original poster wants this thread closed. So it is.