PDA

View Full Version : Mistake! I'm Glad Suns Are Changing Their Lineup To Match Us

anonymous source
05-08-2007, 09:56 AM
We Can Play Half Court With Anyone And Come Out On Top. The Only Chance The Suns Have To Beat Us Is To Run And Gun And Having Thomas In Their Will Iliminate That.

DarrinS
05-08-2007, 09:57 AM
When You Capitalize Each Word It Makes It Difficult To Read. That Is All. Also, This Same Thing Is Posted In Another Thread.

NASHville
05-08-2007, 10:02 AM
It could be a good move.

dreamcastrocks
05-08-2007, 10:04 AM
Making adjustments is part of the game. He is taking James Jones spot who only played 6 minutes in the last game. He sat down with 6 minutes to go in the 1st, and never got up.

On the outside, it looks like a huge shakeup. Looking at it further, it really isn't. Jones has only started the past 8 or 9 games or so. It is not like we have changed our starting lineup that has been constant all year long.

Popovich made quite a few in game adjustments that go unnoticed.

ducks
05-08-2007, 10:16 AM
Anyway, the Suns are 7-0 with the Thomas-Stoudemire-Marion-Bell-Nash lineup. They used it five times in February and twice in March, the last time being a March 30 125-108 home win against Denver."

tmtcsc
05-08-2007, 11:21 AM
Manu time !!! Kurt Thomas is going to be saddled w/ Foul trouble trying to guard Tim. I think Oberto may even get about 10 pts and 6 boards tonight.

nkdlunch
05-08-2007, 12:34 PM
this is a small tweak. does not mean Suns will play half court. could help suns a little bit but IMO it won't change much.

scarab21
05-08-2007, 12:41 PM
I'd say it depends on how Duncan plays Thomas on the offensive end. Thomas is stronger than Duncan, and Duncan can't back him down like he does with Amare or Marion.

AFBlue
05-08-2007, 12:59 PM
Timmy was slow coming out of the gate last game, and he still ended up with a monster night, even when Kurt was out there. Having Thomas at the outset might be more of a motivational/momentum-type move. What's important for Phoenix is that Amare stays out of foul trouble...and playing Thomas more (no matter when) accomplishes that.

Pre-game thought....good move for Suns, but I'm not sure it gives them any decided edge.

Kevin Blackistone
05-08-2007, 01:34 PM
One thing this does is give the Suns only 4 legitimate offensive threats. If the Spurs continue doing what they do and make this a half court game, it will help them to put more pressure on Nash and still not leave 3 pt shooters open. Make Thomas beat you on the offensive end by taking the jumpers consistently.

Obstructed_View
05-08-2007, 01:41 PM
While the fast break creates additional opportunities for easy points, the Suns don't have to get out ahead of the defense to be effective offensively. Thomas can hit open jumpers and can provide far better defense on Duncan than anyone else can. That said, he gives the Spurs the ability to keep their centers in the game, and they can play within their comfort zone and pound the boards.