PDA

View Full Version : I pray the Spurs win the ship....but, Im handling it different this year

lebomb
05-08-2007, 11:25 AM
Im not talking shmacks like I used to. I have become humble and have learned that ANYTHING can happen in sports. The Spurs can go up 3-0 on a team in the playoffs and could still lose a series 4-3.

Sooo, even in my optimism......Im going to be humble, not talks shit, and let this thing play out. If the Spurs are destined to win it all......so be it. If they arent, then I will still hold my head up high.........3 championships will do that for ya. :smokin

degenerate_gambler
05-08-2007, 11:27 AM
thanks for that important public service announcement..

now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

LavaLamp
05-08-2007, 11:31 AM
Im not talking shmacks like I used to. I have become humble and have learned that ANYTHING can happen in sports. The Spurs can go up 3-0 on a team in the playoffs and could still lose a series 4-3.

Sooo, even in my optimism......Im going to be humble, not talks shit, and let this thing play out. If the Spurs are destined to win it all......so be it. If they arent, then I will still hold my head up high.........3 championships will do that for ya. :smokin

Hey lebomb. I am new here so I have not seen your smack-talkin days.

What you say is kinda my attitude about life in general. No matter how well things are going for me, I remain humble and circumspect because everything I hold dear, I can lose at any moment. And any accolades are fleeting... but so are low moments.

In any case, I am looking forward to Game 2. It should be fun. I hope both teams play well and no one is injured. I want to see each team's best moves and the chess game that is basketball.

lebomb
05-08-2007, 11:37 AM
Hey lebomb. I am new here so I have not seen your smack-talkin days.

What you say is kinda my attitude about life in general. No matter how well things are going for me, I remain humble and circumspect because everything I hold dear, I can lose at any moment. And any accolades are fleeting... but so are low moments.

In any case, I am looking forward to Game 2. It should be fun. I hope both teams play well and no one is injured. I want to see each team's best moves and the chess game that is basketball.

Thanks for the comment......I talked shmack in 99, 03, and 05......I yelled, screamed....got thrown out of my house by the wife during a few playoff games. I had to go to my friends house to watch. :wtf Basically, I didnt handle the pressure of the Spurs games too well. This time Ive learned to be cool and not go off at every bad call. I pray they win, but I refuse to let the game control me as it once did.

rascal
05-08-2007, 11:52 AM
How can you let your wife throw you out of the house?

lebomb
05-08-2007, 11:53 AM
How can you let your wife throw you out of the house?

............... To keep the peace?? and to keep getting layed? :depressed

DarrinS
05-08-2007, 12:23 PM
its just basketball

thispego
05-08-2007, 12:29 PM

shit talking bitch!

rascal
05-10-2007, 09:01 AM
............... To keep the peace?? and to keep getting layed? :depressed

Peace is worthless if you let your wife control you. Never let a woman tell you what you can do and what you can't.

nkdlunch
05-10-2007, 09:06 AM
your wife threw you out of your own house :lmao

what a pussy...

j/k

lebomb
05-10-2007, 09:26 AM
your wife threw you out of your own house :lmao

what a pussy...

j/k

..........well, it was mutual really.....LOL. I just went around to my boys house and drank.....Spurs ended up winning the ship that night. Soooooooo, it was worth it! :toast

rayray2k8
05-10-2007, 01:11 PM
I feel you on this one lebomb.
I still wouldnt feel comfortable with the spurs going up 3-1 since the suns could come back from that as they did last year.
Would it shake their confidence? Yes, but will mean that the series is over?
Far from it.
Phoneix is a very resilient team, if ever they had a chance to win it all, it would be this year.
How fitting would it be to them that they finally get over the hump by eliminating the spurs and winning it all afterwards.
It is still yet to be seen.
But last years semi-finals taught me a whole a lot about humility by appreciating what you have already.
Listen to me, it sounds like the spurs are about to lose. :lol
Someone please quote me IF the spurs win it all this year.