PDA

View Full Version : Bill Russel on Tim Duncan

naico
05-08-2007, 11:28 AM
Tim Duncan – The Ultimate Difference Maker

Tim Duncan is probably the key big guy still in the playoffs. His numbers don’t reflect his value to those guys. Amare Stoudemire is having a great season and he is a hard worker, but where Stoudemire can be the difference in a close game, Tim Duncan can be the difference in a whole game. The way Duncan plays determines how the game is played in terms of tempo and what types of shots the others guys get. The defense has to double team him and he is an excellent player passing from the low post. That is one of his underappreciated skills. He looks cool, but there is nobody that works any harder than he does or gets beat up as much as he does.

nice description! :clap

naico
05-08-2007, 11:32 AM
http://www.nba.com/playoffs2007/news/billrussell_postseason.html

GrandeDavid
05-08-2007, 11:34 AM
Very nice description. I wish someone would ingrain it in Tony Kornheiser and Stephen A. Smith's heads before they make their next smart ass take on San Antonio. And regarding Smith's crack on San Antonio the city, it has a MUCH nicer climate year round than were he's from, its one of America's fastest growing metroplitan areas over the past years, and when he decides to play more golf than blast his loud ass takes, he's not welcome down here in my book. San Antonio is a very friendly city which has a good tourism infrastrucure and just ask the NCAA how well the city host's tournaments. Oh, that's right, next year's Final Four will be in San Antonio as well.

Stephen, stay up there and suck on tailpipe smog and freeze your ass off in winter and while you tune into the not-so Super Bowl bound Jets and Giants, and have fun watching Isaiah.

dougp
05-08-2007, 11:38 AM
I just wish people would realize stuff ... when the team needs him, Duncan steps up. When the Mavs needed Dirk Noshotski, he didn't step up.

That, my friends, is what makes an MVP.

Trainwreck2100
05-08-2007, 11:39 AM
Well if the suns could put Russell on him I'm sure they would

degenerate_gambler
05-08-2007, 11:39 AM
where you get this from?

thank God it was the written word and not the spoken word or that quote would have taken 15 minutes for him to say...and nobody would've understood what the hell he just said.

tmtcsc
05-08-2007, 11:46 AM
thank God it was the written word and not the spoken word or that quote would have taken 15 minutes for him to say...and nobody would've understood what the hell he just said.

Do you think the editor had to edit out him typing his cackling laugh ? :lol

samikeyp
05-08-2007, 11:50 AM
If its good enough for the best center ever...its good enough for me. :tu

ATXSPUR
05-08-2007, 11:51 AM
Very nice description. I wish someone would ingrain it in Tony Kornheiser and Stephen A. Smith's heads before they make their next smart ass take on San Antonio. And regarding Smith's crack on San Antonio the city, it has a MUCH nicer climate year round than were he's from, its one of America's fastest growing metroplitan areas over the past years, and when he decides to play more golf than blast his loud ass takes, he's not welcome down here in my book. San Antonio is a very friendly city which has a good tourism infrastrucure and just ask the NCAA how well the city host's tournaments. Oh, that's right, next year's Final Four will be in San Antonio as well.

Stephen, stay up there and suck on tailpipe smog and freeze your ass off in winter and while you tune into the not-so Super Bowl bound Jets and Giants, and have fun watching Isaiah.

Fuck a Stephen A. Smith

dbreiden83080
05-08-2007, 11:53 AM

Stephen A Smith is a joke the guy is like 40 years old and whines during the playoffs every year that he only wants to cover teams like the Lakers or Miami because of the social events that are going on there. He talks like he is a 21 year old frat boy looking to hit the clubs every night and a place like SA just isn't hip enough for him to visit.

samikeyp
05-08-2007, 11:53 AM
Yeah...Stephen A....how are your Philly teams doing recently, championship-wise?

cornbread
05-08-2007, 12:09 PM
where you get this from?
Bill Russell's myspace page?