PDA

View Full Version : Predict Manu's performance in Game 2

Mavs<Spurs
05-08-2007, 12:25 PM
Please predict Manu's performance in Game 2.

Also, why do you think that Manu has struggled so much lately?

dreamcastrocks
05-08-2007, 12:30 PM
Raja is just as much the cause to Manu struggling, as Manu is himself. He needs to get back to the "normal" Manu that is cutting, slashing, and moving without the ball.

Manu also isn't getting as many opportunities to hold the ball, with Parker being wide open on the P&R's and him making good decisions with the ball.

There are a lot of factors into why Manu is struggling.

TampaDude
05-08-2007, 12:32 PM
14 points
5 rebounds
1 head butt

:lol

ATRAIN
05-08-2007, 12:33 PM
Please predict Manu's performance in Game 2.

Also, why do you think that Manu has struggled so much lately?

I also think Finley's great performance so far also has something to do with it. He is being left open a lot and is draining his shots. Game 1 though was the parker/duncan show. Manu will rebound and take over a game or 2 when needed.

Mavs<Spurs
05-08-2007, 12:34 PM
Raja is just as much the cause to Manu struggling, as Manu is himself. He needs to get back to the "normal" Manu that is cutting, slashing, and moving without the ball.

Manu also isn't getting as many opportunities to hold the ball, with Parker being wide open on the P&R's and him making good decisions with the ball.

There are a lot of factors into why Manu is struggling.

That was one game. If each game that Manu had struggled only had that in common, I would agree.

However, Manu has been struggling for a while now.

One game against Raja isn't a trend about how well he plays against Raja.

Manu will need to play well for us to win. I think that this means at least 10 points, 5 boards, 4 or 5 assists, lots of hustle plays and charges drawn and steals.

I would feel better if he would get 20 points, 5 boards, 4 assists, 2 steals and 2 charges drawn.

SAGambler
05-08-2007, 12:35 PM
I look for a ballbuster out of Manu tonight.

I think he has found himself with some quick fouls and hasn't really had a chance to get comfortable on the O. If he ever does, we all know he is capable of going off for 30 or 40.

But as long as he is grabbing close to double digit rebounds, creating steals, and generally causing havoc on the D, then Manu is doing his part. Especially if Tim and Tony are both hot again.

But I look for Manu to be a huge factor tonight.

Hook Dem
05-08-2007, 12:35 PM
I think Manu & Pop are smarter than most give them credit. Everyone sees Manu as struggling but could it be a ploy to free up others? While other teams try to come up with ways to stop Manu, our other players are flourishing. When they realize that, he will be less guarded and go off on them.

Mavs<Spurs
05-08-2007, 12:37 PM
That is a good point about Manu's proclivity to turn the ball over lately and making poor decisions.

Manu can play the high risk game.

He seems to be reverting, lately, to the unpredictable occasionally brilliant, more often careless, player of 03.

However, most of this year, he has been the SuperManu of the 2005 playoffs. I hope that that Manu returns.

Mavs<Spurs
05-08-2007, 12:37 PM
I think Manu & Pop are smarter than most give them credit. Everyone sees Manu as struggling but could it be a ploy to free up others? While other teams try to come up with ways to stop Manu, our other players are flourishing. When they realize that, he will be less guarded and go off on them.

Good point.

nkdlunch
05-08-2007, 12:41 PM
Bell will try to guard Parker who will be still hot. So manu will have plenty opportunity. 20+pts and a BIG 4th quarter.

dreamcastrocks
05-08-2007, 12:43 PM
That was one game. If each game that Manu had struggled only had that in common, I would agree.

However, Manu has been struggling for a while now.

One game against Raja isn't a trend about how well he plays against Raja.

Manu will need to play well for us to win. I think that this means at least 10 points, 5 boards, 4 or 5 assists, lots of hustle plays and charges drawn and steals.

I would feel better if he would get 20 points, 5 boards, 4 assists, 2 steals and 2 charges drawn.

I have posted this several times, but look at all 4 games this season.

Nov 9th - 3-13 shooting for 13 points Suns loss
Feb 2nd - 12-22 shooting for 32 points Suns Win
April 6th - 3-11 shooting for 7 points Suns loss
Game 1 of the playoffs. 2-9 shooting for 9 points. Suns loss

There is more than just a one game trend. Raja has limited Manu on 3 of the 4 games this season. The one time where he did have a good game, Duncan shot only 6-18.

Manu does not need to play well for the Spurs win. The combination of Parker and Duncan is enough against this team.

Bruno
05-08-2007, 12:46 PM
Raja Bell has done a terrific job on Manu during the Denver serie because Manu was quite bad in the first round.

dreamcastrocks
05-08-2007, 12:55 PM
Raja Bell has done a terrific job on Manu during the Denver serie because Manu was quite bad in the first round.

Huh? Raja doesn't play on the Nuggets.

Mavs<Spurs
05-08-2007, 12:56 PM
I agree that Manu has had poor games since the beginning of April.

So, that's 1 good game and 1 bad game prior to this current time that are not part of the slump.

But we want to find out what Raja is responsible for, without a slumping Manu.

It's difficult to isolate a particular variable in these types of cases. Had Manu had a great April other than the games against Raja, you might be able to make a case that Raja alone has figured out how to completely shut down Manu (some may not be convinced of this [it would prove too much for example ] as Manu is so unpredictable that not even Manu knows what he will do next).

Now, this is not the first year that Raja was with the Suns.

Raja is a good defender. But I am skeptical of the the thesis that he is able to consistently make Manu a 35 % shooter, especially since those of us who follows the Spurs know that good defense requires a team commitment (which so far the Suns have yet to make).

But maybe the defense of the Suns and Raja in particular is better than that of the 05 Pistons. Maybe somebody else also believes that idea. Then there would be 2 people on the planet Earth who believe it. I myself am not sure that I could commit myself to such a theory.

Mavs<Spurs
05-08-2007, 12:57 PM
Huh? Raja doesn't play on the Nuggets.

Bruno is making an objection to your analysis, a good point on his part.

BTW, why do you think Mahinmi is coming over in 08?

my2sons
05-08-2007, 01:04 PM
look for manu to bust out tonite, if phoenix is sick enough to put bell on parker. That means manu doesn't get hammered and can go to the basket, so when bell goes back to manu, look for parker to check in again.

dreamcastrocks
05-08-2007, 01:05 PM
Bruno is making an objection to your analysis, a good point on his part.

Could you articulate it better for me? I still have no clue as to what he was trying to say.

Bruno
05-08-2007, 01:06 PM
Nov 9th - 3-13 shooting for 13 points Suns loss
Feb 2nd - 12-22 shooting for 32 points Suns Win
April 6th - 3-11 shooting for 7 points Suns loss
Game 1 of the playoffs. 2-9 shooting for 9 points. Suns loss

There is more than just a one game trend. Raja has limited Manu on 3 of the 4 games this season.

Bell was injured during the Feb 2nd game.

dreamcastrocks
05-08-2007, 01:07 PM
look for manu to bust out tonite, if phoenix is sick enough to put bell on parker. That means manu doesn't get hammered and can go to the basket, so when bell goes back to manu, look for parker to check in again.

THAT, would be a colossal mistake for the Suns IMO. A lot of Suns fans are calling for Bell on Parker, but that is a mistake. Parker is too quick for Bell, as he does not have the lateral quickness to keep in front of him.

Without Bell on Manu, all 3 of the big three have big games, and it's lights out for the Suns.

dreamcastrocks
05-08-2007, 01:08 PM
Bell was injured during the Feb 2nd game.

.....Adding even more fuel to the Bell vs. Manu fire.

Bruno
05-08-2007, 01:08 PM
Could you articulate it better for me? I still have no clue as to what he was trying to say.

Bell is a geat defender but the main reason why Manu was so bad in game 1 is that Manu is in a big scoring slump since the start of the playoffs.

Mavs<Spurs
05-08-2007, 01:10 PM

He is saying that Manu played very badly against the Nuggets and Raja Bell does not play for the Nuggets.

So, again, how we can isolate the variable (determine the efficient cause)?

Manu is struggling with and without playing Raja Bell.

Prior to April, he had been playing well. At the beginning of April, Manu began to struggle and it became more pronounced.

It seems difficult to say with any degree of confidence that the poor performance of Manu is due to Raja Bell's defense more than the fact that Manu has been slumping over the last month and a half. (we can say with 95 % confidence that Manu's scoring will fall within 2 standard deviations from the mean when he plays Raja Bell)

Mr. Peabody
05-08-2007, 01:10 PM
If Manu can avoid losing the game on a turnover or foul, he will have surpassed my expectations for him.

Obstructed_View
05-08-2007, 01:13 PM
Bell's a good defender, but he's not the reason Manu's struggling with his offense. Ginobili led the team in scoring more times during the winning streak than he has in all the games since.

Mavs<Spurs
05-08-2007, 01:15 PM
Bell's a good defender, but he's not the reason Manu's struggling with his offense. Ginobili led the team in scoring more times during the winning streak than he has in all the games since.

I think that we have a consensus.

Yes, Raja Bell is a very, very good defender. However, he is not the main cause of Manu's poor games, against the Suns or otherwise.

VaSpursFan
05-08-2007, 01:17 PM
manu MUST be the X factor tonight. he's an afterthought to the suns D since he didn't do shit in the first game. The suns will likely focus their D on stopping tony and timmy.

tonight we need someone to step up big time.

Obstructed_View
05-08-2007, 01:19 PM
Tony needs to keep hitting those shots, because they are going to dare him to repeat his game 1 performance.

mardigan
05-08-2007, 01:19 PM
22 points
7 assists
8 boards
3 steals

Cry Havoc
05-08-2007, 01:21 PM
I think if Manu is taking lots of shots against Phoenix, it actually hurts us. Why? Well, it prevents him (usually) from being on the offensive glass, which is something we do well against with Phoenix. Also, if he is driving, it means we only have Parker and Bowen/Finley back on defense. Not enough against the Suns attack. If Manu is just getting boards and playing transistion D, it's enough to slow Phoenix down a bit.

Tonight Manu goes for:

25 points
6 rebounds
5 assists
2 blocks

On 8-14 shooting, 3-5 from downtown, and 6-8 from the line.

dreamcastrocks
05-08-2007, 01:21 PM
He is saying that Manu played very badly against the Nuggets and Raja Bell does not play for the Nuggets.

So, again, how we can isolate the variable (determine the efficient cause)?

Manu is struggling with and without playing Raja Bell.

Prior to April, he had been playing well. At the beginning of April, Manu began to struggle and it became more pronounced.

It seems difficult to say with any degree of confidence that the poor performance of Manu is due to Raja Bell's defense more than the fact that Manu has been slumping over the last month and a half.

I see. You guys are focusing on Manu's recent struggles, rather than the head to head matchups with Bell and the Suns.

If he really has been struggling for a while now, and his history against Bell is any indication, why are some of you expecting Manu to have a breakout game?

Mavs<Spurs
05-08-2007, 01:22 PM
It seems like the Suns are a team that Manu can score against (48 points for example) and Tony as well. And they sure can't stop Tim Duncan.

I hope that Manu busts out with the numbers that Mardigan posted.

Close to a triple double.

Mavs<Spurs
05-08-2007, 01:25 PM
I see. You guys are focusing on Manu's recent struggles, rather than the head to head matchups with Bell and the Suns.

If he really has been struggling for a while now, and his history against Bell is any indication, why are some of you expecting Manu to have a breakout game?

prior to his slump, he had 1 bad game against Raja. It seems premature to make a prediction based upon 1 bad game (the recent bad games were all part of his slump so we don't know if it was Raja's defense or Manu's slump that caused it- again, normally it takes a whole team committed to defense to stop a good player and Phoenix is not yet known as such a team).

Manu was playing awesome prior to April. Manu had an all star year in 05 and was a key reason the Spurs won it all.

Manu has won a gold medal.

Why wouldn't we think that Manu will bounce back?

Mavs<Spurs
05-08-2007, 01:27 PM
Maybe Raja is the Manu stopper in the same sense that Marion is the Parker stopper and in the same sense that Kurt Thomas is the Duncan stopper.

Certainly, I (and possibly a few other Spurs fans) hope that this is the case.

And, In that sense, perhaps, I can agree.

dreamcastrocks
05-08-2007, 01:30 PM
prior to his slump, he had 1 bad game against Raja. It seems premature to make a prediction based upon 1 bad game (the recent bad games were all part of his slump so we don't know if it was Raja's defense or Manu's slump that caused it- again, normally it takes a whole team committed to defense to stop a good player and Phoenix is not yet known as such a team).

Manu was playing awesome prior to April. Manu had an all star year in 05 and was a key reason the Spurs won it all.

Manu has won a gold medal.

Why wouldn't we think that Manu will bounce back?

Prior to April, how many games is that? 10? 12? More? After 12 bad (relative) games in a row, he is just going to show up today?

I do see your point, and I wouldn't be surprised if Manu does have a good game. However, I just don't see anything in his actions, adjustments, etc. as to why this game will be the game that he breaks out of his slump.

dreamcastrocks
05-08-2007, 01:31 PM
Maybe Raja is the Manu stopper in the same sense that Marion is the Parker stopper and in the same sense that Kurt Thomas is the Duncan stopper.

In that sense, perhaps, I can agree.

I can't agree with that. When Raja was signed as a free agent, Manu openly criticized the move, hoping that the Spurs would sign him instead. He stated that Raja is the defender that plays him the best, or something to that affect.

Mavs<Spurs
05-08-2007, 01:35 PM
Manu is known as a competitor who plays big in big game situations.

I will say that Phoenix has improved its defense this year. However, I still think that Phoenix is a team that good players can score against (points allowed).

Manu knows to go to the rim and gets some free throws when you are struggling.

I don't expect him to continue to struggle.

Probably part of the difficulty is that he is on the floor a lot when Tim and Tony are off the court.

Tim makes the game easier for everybody who is on his team and on the court with him.

Perhaps if we went small more and played Manu, Tony, Michael, Bruce and Tim more, Manu would become much more effective.

Mr. Peabody
05-08-2007, 01:36 PM

I can't agree with that. When Raja was signed as a free agent, Manu openly criticized the move, hoping that the Spurs would sign him instead. He stated that Raja is the defender that plays him the best, or something to that affect.

That story is false. Nice try though.

Obstructed_View
05-08-2007, 01:36 PM
Nobody stops Manu when he's on. I know it's exciting for Suns fans to have a guy on the roster that actually plays individual defense.

The Herb Rudoy story, while widely reported, seems to have been just a rumor IIRC.

Obstructed_View
05-08-2007, 01:37 PM
Perhaps if we went small more and played Manu, Tony, Michael, Bruce and Tim more, Manu would become much more effective and the Spurs would lose game 2.
FIFY

Mavs<Spurs
05-08-2007, 01:38 PM

It seemed too obvious to say.

Truth is that all 3 of those guys are pretty good defenders, especially Bell and Marion.

So, I was just having a little fun with that.

Mavs<Spurs
05-08-2007, 01:39 PM
FIFY

translate please.

I will admit that I was fishing with that one [Perhaps if we went small ball more and played Manu, Tony, Michael, Bruce and Tim more together, Manu would become much more effective.].

Kori Ellis
05-08-2007, 01:49 PM

Actually all that happened was Manu mentioned to his agent (Herb Rudoy, who is also Raja's agent) while having a phone conversation with him that Raja is a very good defender. For some reason, the press printed it that Manu had called his agent specifically to complain that Raja went to the Suns because he defends him so well. But Manu himself said that's not what went down.

Obstructed_View
05-08-2007, 01:50 PM
translate please.

I will admit that I was fishing with that one [Perhaps if we went small ball more and played Manu, Tony, Michael, Bruce and Tim more together, Manu would become much more effective.].
FIFY=fixed it for you. It was just a joke. I cringed at the suggestion of more small ball to get Manu off.

Obstructed_View
05-08-2007, 01:51 PM
Actually all that happened was Manu mentioned to his agent (Herb Rudoy, who is also Raja's agent) while having a phone conversation with him that Raja is a very good defender. For some reason, the press printed it that Manu had called his agent specifically to complain that Raja went to the Suns because he defends him so well. But Manu himself said that's not what went down.
You know the situation better than I do, obviously, but wasn't it reported at the time that Manu claimed not to have even spoken to Rudoy?

Mavs<Spurs
05-08-2007, 02:02 PM
FIFY=fixed it for you. It was just a joke. I cringed at the suggestion of more small ball to get Manu off.

We were both joking.

It would be ironic:

We finally get D'Antoni to go bigger and then we change and go small.

Guess I'm just amped for this game.

Kori Ellis
05-08-2007, 02:05 PM
You know the situation better than I do, obviously, but wasn't it reported at the time that Manu claimed not to have even spoken to Rudoy?

No, I don't think so. Manu said here that he talked to Rudoy and mentioned Raja, but it wasn't like the report in the media said.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=421935&postcount=113

ForeignFan
05-08-2007, 02:10 PM
If Bell is on TP, Manu will hopefully have a better game (but if he really has a good game, Bell will switch back to guard him, at least in Q4)

Kori Ellis
05-08-2007, 02:11 PM
I don't think Manu's problem has much to do with Bell right now. He's just in a shooting slump - it probably doesn't matter who is guarding him. One of these nights, he's just going to go wild on someone and then he'll be out of it.

Hopefully it's tonight.

dreamcastrocks
05-08-2007, 02:12 PM
That story is false. Nice try though.

MySanantonio.com writer Mike Monroe recently reported that Manu Ginobili is not to happy with his agent for letting Raja Bell sign with Phoenix. “Word on the street is that when agent Herb Rudoy disclosed that Bell had agreed to sign with the Suns, one of his more prominent clients, Manu Ginobili, called him to protest that he had just given the Suns the defender he least likes to play against.”

That’s something you always like to hear when you sign a player. When one of your rival team’s players has a problem with your signing, that is usually a good thing.

From your own hometown paper no less. Tisk Tisk.

DarrinS
05-08-2007, 02:13 PM
If Finley keeps hitting shots and there is not a real sense or urgency for Manu to deliver one of his big games, then I predict another sub-par performance from Manu.

Mavs<Spurs
05-08-2007, 02:14 PM

Didn't you read the last four posts above yours prior to posting?

If it isn't true, it isn't true.

doldrums
05-08-2007, 02:15 PM

because Manu will have more open looks when Bell doubles Parker as D'Antoni has suggested

Fabbs
05-08-2007, 02:16 PM
Manu will do what he always does. Help what is neccessary to help the team win. Yes Manu has off shooting nights on occasion. Get real, keep in perspective what else he is doing while the shots are missing.

Example, Gm 4 vs Denver with Nuggets trying to make it 2-2.
GNob has an off shooting night. yeah, well...

18 points (5-of-15 FG, 3-of-8 3-PT, 5-of-5 FT), five rebounds, six assists and five steals.

Mr. Peabody
05-08-2007, 02:17 PM

Right. That's the story that was reported in the media, but it was later revealed that the story wasn't true. Have you been reading what everyone in here has been telling you? :rolleyes

Man of Steel
05-08-2007, 02:19 PM
Mrs. G. should follow Eva's lead in cutting off sex for duration of playoffs.

Come to think of it--if it works--heck maybe all Spurs should do so.

Heck--go one step further--maybe Pop and the coaches should refrain, too.

Oh hell--go all the way--

Okay--all Spurs fans should cut it out until the playoffs are over.

dreamcastrocks
05-08-2007, 02:23 PM
Didn't you read the last four posts above yours prior to posting?

If it isn't true, it isn't true.

At the time no. It was only posted minutes before mine, and I was looking for an article on the subject. Is there a published article about what was really said somewhere? Forgive me if I don't trust a post on a message board as gospel.

dreamcastrocks
05-08-2007, 02:24 PM
Right. That's the story that was reported in the media, but it was later revealed that the story wasn't true. Have you been reading what everyone in here has been telling you? :rolleyes

If I did, why should I believe you now? ;)

Obstructed_View
05-08-2007, 02:26 PM
Here's the blurb that I was referring to:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA112005.16C.BKNspurs.notebook.267576d2.html

Bell tolls for Suns: Hoping to upgrade their defense, the Suns signed guard Raja Bell this summer.

Manu Ginobili and Bell share the same agent, Herb Rudoy. Since Bell's signing, there's been a well-circulated story that Ginobili complained to Rudoy that he shouldn't have let Bell go to the Suns because no other defender gives him more trouble.

There is only one problem with the story: Ginobili said he never talked to Rudoy about Bell.

Oh, Gee!!
05-08-2007, 02:27 PM
30 points; 5 steals; 8 rebounds; 4 assists; 6 of 8 from the field; 3 of 4 from 3-pt line; 9 of 10 free throw shooting; 4 fouls; 10 flops; and a couple of OMG-type plays

Kori Ellis
05-08-2007, 02:28 PM

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA112005.16C.BKNspurs.notebook.267576d2.html

Bell tolls for Suns: Hoping to upgrade their defense, the Suns signed guard Raja Bell this summer.

Manu Ginobili and Bell share the same agent, Herb Rudoy. Since Bell's signing, there's been a well-circulated story that Ginobili complained to Rudoy that he shouldn't have let Bell go to the Suns because no other defender gives him more trouble.

There is only one problem with the story: Ginobili said he never talked to Rudoy about Bell.

Yeah I remembered something about that. But that post I quoted I believe is directly from Manu (in spanish), saying that he did talk to Rudoy and mention Raja. But that he didn't call specifically to talk about Raja or to complain. I was just assuming Manu would know better than the E-N. :)

Y... la verdad es la siguiente:

Tenemos el mismo agente y hablando con mi agente le comente que era un defensor duro y demas (el lo sabe bien tambien). Lo demas fue mas anecdotico y gracioso que un hecho real. Nunca lo llame para decirle eso.

Espero haber aclarado la cosa.

Saludos

dreamcastrocks
05-08-2007, 02:29 PM

Thanks for the article. I thought that something might have been said at the Raja press conference as well.

Mavs<Spurs
05-08-2007, 02:32 PM
At the time no. It was only posted minutes before mine, and I was looking for an article on the subject. Is there a published article about what was really said somewhere? Forgive me if I don't trust a post on a message board as gospel.

Wait, you don't trust Kori?

What????

dreamcastrocks
05-08-2007, 02:35 PM
Wait, you don't trust Kori?

What????

I have only been here for a few days. I don't know anything about anyone here.

Mr. Peabody
05-08-2007, 02:36 PM
30 points; 5 steals; 8 rebounds; 4 assists; 6 of 8 from the field; 3 of 4 from 3-pt line; 9 of 10 free throw shooting; 4 fouls; 10 flops; and a couple of OMG-type plays

No way. He'll have waaaayyyy more flops than that.

Mavs<Spurs
05-08-2007, 02:36 PM
Y... la verdad es la siguiente:

Tenemos el mismo agente y hablando con mi agente le comente que era un defensor duro y demas (el lo sabe bien tambien). Lo demas fue mas anecdotico y gracioso que un hecho real. Nunca lo llame para decirle eso.

Espero haber aclarado la cosa.

Saludos

And the truth is the following:

We have the same agent and speaking with my agent, I was commenting that he was a hard defender and besides (he knows it well also). The other thing was more anecdotal and funny than it was a real fact. I never called him to tell him that.

I hoped that I have clarified the thing.

Greetings.

Obstructed_View
05-08-2007, 02:38 PM
Yeah I remembered something about that. But that post I quoted I believe is directly from Manu (in spanish), saying that he did talk to Rudoy and mention Raja. But that he didn't call specifically to talk about Raja or to complain. I was just assuming Manu would know better than the E-N. :)
Actually, the only reason I looked for it was to show the guy who didn't believe you an actual news article, and the one I posted was the first one that came up and happened to be the one that I had referenced.

Mr. Peabody
05-08-2007, 02:41 PM

I was just giving you a hard time. Actually, there was an entire thread here reagrding that story around the time the media reported it. So the story has already been discussed ad nauseam.

Mavs<Spurs
05-08-2007, 02:41 PM

So, here is the bio of our fantastic, fearless leader, the moderator of the coolest NBA blog, Mrs. Kori Ellis!!!

Posted By: CyberBob
Print this Story
Save/Share Story
digg Google
del.icio.us Yahoo!

Kori Ellis is a writer and reporter for SpursZONE.com.

Kori was born and raised in Phoenix, but settled in Los Angeles after attending UCLA. She ran an employment agency that catered to the entertainment industry for several years while enjoying freelance work in sports journalism.

A sports fan since her youth, Kori began writing regularly for various sports websites in 1999. She also has television broadcasting experience, commentating for NCAA Division I basketball in 2001. In Los Angeles, Kori coached youth basketball and baseball in inner city leagues for five years.

In 2003, Kori launched her own basketball website, FullSportPress.com, where she is Editor-in-Chief and runs the fan message boards at SpursTalk.com. In addition to her work with WOAI, Kori currently pens a weekly column on the San Antonio Spurs for the Virgin Islands Daily News. She is also your guide to San Antonio on About.com.

Kori married her husband LJ and moved to San Antonio in 2002.

ArgSpursFan
05-08-2007, 03:14 PM
Manu is like a super Hero(read:Spyder man,ect)He shows up when needed only,like in 2005 when Timmy was the only one out there doing something for the team.Right now,there´sno need to show up,Parker is having his best playoff year and Duncan,well he is just being Duncan,as usuall.
But If the whole team is having an OFF NIGHT,He ´ll be there,Belive it.

SpurYank
05-08-2007, 03:16 PM
Manu: Game two
18 points
5 rebounds
5 assists
3 turnovers
3 steals
3 of 6 downtowners
6 of free throws

dreamcastrocks
05-08-2007, 03:16 PM
I was just giving you a hard time. Actually, there was an entire thread here reagrding that story around the time the media reported it. So the story has already been discussed ad nauseam.

At least I didn't ask what moment was the most painful. :)

aaronstampler
05-08-2007, 03:51 PM
22 5 and 5

ArgSpursFan
05-08-2007, 03:54 PM
If Duncan and Parker are having and off night
25+ 5+ 5+ 4+stls
if Duncan and Parker are doing good
15 5 5

Mr. Peabody
05-08-2007, 04:02 PM
At least I didn't ask what moment was the most painful. :)

Well, Manu was directly involved in both of the events that are usually cited by most around here as the most painful loss.

mookie2001
05-08-2007, 04:39 PM
manu 10 pts, 2-11 fgs, 6 reb, 2 asst, 2 TOs

mookie2001
05-08-2007, 04:42 PM
Bell is a geat defender but the main reason why Manu was so bad in game 1 is that Manu is in a big scoring slump since the start of the playoffs.who on denver shut him down?

Marcus Bryant
05-08-2007, 04:54 PM
19 7 5

mullet
05-08-2007, 04:55 PM
manu will have a break out game tonight.

Jimcs50
05-08-2007, 05:07 PM
22 pts

5 rebs

3 steals

6 assists

spurschick
05-08-2007, 06:37 PM
Since Findog is having some back issues, I wonder if Manu will start. It may be what he needs to do in this series.

Kori Ellis
05-08-2007, 06:42 PM
Supposedly Finley went down hard in practice today and his status is unknown. So Manu better do something.

timvp
05-08-2007, 07:27 PM
As long as Manu doesn't end up with a team worst +/- again, I'll be happy.

ShoogarBear
05-08-2007, 07:54 PM
As long as Manu doesn't end up with a team worst +/- again, I'll be happy.Even if that means Beno playing?

Mr. Peabody
05-09-2007, 12:03 AM
If Manu can avoid losing the game on a turnover or foul, he will have surpassed my expectations for him.

It looks like I expected too much of him.

ducks
05-09-2007, 12:04 AM
time to think about trading manu?

Cherry
05-09-2007, 12:06 AM

NO

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66623

Mr. Peabody
05-09-2007, 12:06 AM

Yeah, maybe we can get a nice third round pick for him....

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-09-2007, 12:08 AM
How come Manu only has under 10 shots? He takes two shots every quarter. He'll never get in rhythm with minimal ball handling.

mookie2001
05-09-2007, 12:10 AM
once i heard finley was hurt i changed my prediction

6 points
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1650092&postcount=13

i won!
thanks manu