PDA

View Full Version : Which Ref do you not want to see?

Taco
05-08-2007, 12:45 PM
http://www.82games.com/salvatore.jpg
Bennett Salvatore

I remember about a year ago a lady calling into the pre-game show with the Thompson Brothers, mentioned when ever Bennett Salvatore ref’d the Spurs games, we lose the game.

I kind of kept track of when he was the ref and more often than not I found out she was right

BTW
1st round, game one against Denver, Salvatore was the ref

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-08-2007, 12:49 PM
I, and I'm sure plenty others, feel like Game 2 was one the Spurs were less likely to win anyways. If we can bite the bullet and get Bennett out of the way now then that's just dandy.

dreamcastrocks
05-08-2007, 12:50 PM
I don't want to see any of the refs that were in Game 1. I don't know if any ref, including Violet Palmer and Joey Crawford could do worse.

LilMissSPURfect
05-08-2007, 12:51 PM
no BAVETTA!

Taco
05-08-2007, 12:53 PM
I don't want to see any of the refs that were in Game 1. I don't know if any ref, including Violet Palmer and Joey Crawford could do worse.

game 1 vs denver

Arena: AT& T Center, San Antonio, TX
Officials: #10 Ron Garretson , #35 Jack Nies , #15 Bennett Salvatore
Attendance:18,797
Duration: 2:36

nkdlunch
05-08-2007, 12:53 PM

I don't mind physical play, but I agree game 1 vs. suns went overboard. I was afraid someone might get hurt because the lack of calls.

whoever refs today will be making a lot more calls.

dreamcastrocks
05-08-2007, 01:01 PM
I don't mind physical play, but I agree game 1 vs. suns went overboard. I was afraid someone might get hurt because the lack of calls.

whoever refs today will be making a lot more calls.

Agreed. Sometwo did get hurt, although accidental.

SpursWoman
05-08-2007, 01:05 PM
If he's not ref'ing the Cav/Nets ... he'll likely be ref'ing our game. He didn't ref last night.

Obstructed_View
05-08-2007, 01:05 PM
The Spurs have never lost a game due to officiating. I could care less.

Drive Like Jehu
05-08-2007, 01:08 PM
I might turn the game off if I see Bennett Salvatore in Arizona tonight.

ATXSPUR
05-08-2007, 01:11 PM
any of them

BigBeezie
05-08-2007, 02:15 PM
I don't really like Salvatore either, but he is better than Joey Crawfish. Salvatore has a stick up his ass for Bowen and some of our other guys. I would prefer the black dude with the mustache over anyone. Did he work last night???

Oh, his name is Dan Crawford and he is a great referee:

http://www.probasketballrefs.com/Default.aspx?tabid=80

41times
05-08-2007, 03:00 PM
Which ever one you see tonight you will hate because the NBA needs this series to go at least 6 games. Book it.

Drive Like Jehu
05-08-2007, 03:13 PM
Which ever one you see tonight you will hate because the NBA needs this series to go at least 6 games. Book it.

And that is why we will see Salvatore tonight.

05-08-2007, 03:20 PM
I might turn the game off if I see Bennett Salvatore in Arizona tonight.

Both teams have gripes against Salvatore. He has been absolutely brutal to the Suns as well. Most notably, he was the official who was responsible for the fiasco in the final moments of game 4 of the Lakers V Suns series last season.

http://members.cox.net/seven47/salvatore.jpg

Not only did he ignore the timeout call from Nash, he allowed Luke Walton to strip the ball while standing out of bounds.

As far as refs go, he is Public Enemy #1 in Phoenix.

foodie2
05-08-2007, 03:22 PM
Jack Nies.

Tim goes into his shell when he sees Nies on the floor. You can bet on it.

cherylsteele
05-08-2007, 03:23 PM
Steve Javie

Taco
05-08-2007, 03:28 PM
Jack Nies.

Tim goes into his shell when he sees Nies on the floor. You can bet on it.
:lol

Drive Like Jehu
05-08-2007, 03:32 PM
Both teams have gripes against Salvatore. He has been absolutely brutal to the Suns as well. Most notably, he was the official who was responsible for the fiasco in the final moments of game 4 of the Lakers V Suns series last season.

Not only did he ignore the timeout call from Nash, he allowed Luke Walton to strip the ball while standing out of bounds.

My dislike for Salvatore is not based on any bias against the Spurs. I wouldn't be a Spurs fan if I didn't like watching basketball.

I just don't like what Salavatore does to the NBA product. His games are always ugly. It's not good basketball and not fun to watch.

Outside of our mutual bias for our teams, it sounds like we agree about Salvatore. I'm not going enjoy a Spurs win if it's dependent on calls that you described above.

OldDirtMcGirt
05-08-2007, 03:40 PM

Pretty much.

The moral of the story is that Salvatore absolutely sucks and is hated by all (except Heat fans).

ShoogarBear
05-08-2007, 04:35 PM
Joe Crawford.

He might be armed.

DarrinS
05-08-2007, 04:39 PM
I like the way the game was called in game 1. Teams should be allowed to play defense, so long as they're not mugging each other.

I don't want to "see" any refs. The refs are doing a great job when you hardly notice that they are there.

shelshor
05-08-2007, 06:20 PM
Eddie F Rush is just horrid---I'll take a team of Salvatore, Javie AND Bavetta over Rush and 2 stiffs