05-08-2007, 01:21 PM
Individual Games - $2.99
Series - $12.99
Entire Playoffs - $79.99

http://download.nba.com/

Kori Ellis
05-08-2007, 01:22 PM
What's stupid is this ...

"available only to users in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico for the time being"

2centsworth
05-08-2007, 01:24 PM
Individual Games - $2.99
Series - $12.99
Entire Playoffs - $79.99

http://download.nba.com/
As soon as the '05 season becomes available I'm in. I missed game 5 against detroit:(

2centsworth
05-08-2007, 01:25 PM

"available only to users in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico for the time being"
as soon as they make it available to Argentina you know Manu is going to get all the calls.

stéphane
05-08-2007, 01:28 PM

awesome...
I get to see only a third of the playoffs in france...
How could i be interested in getting all the spurs games? :rolleyes
BS

Spurminator
05-08-2007, 01:31 PM
I was hoping they'd do this. Baseball has been offering downloads of games for a couple of years now.

Does anyone know what the file format is?

Spurminator
05-08-2007, 01:32 PM
Minimum system requirements:

- Windows XP :pctoss
- Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher
- Windows Media Player 9 or higher
- A broadband Internet connection
- Internet Explorer’s “Privacy” settings set to the default “Medium” setting
- Firewalls and pop-up blockers disabled
- Access limited to three computers

The NBA Download Store is not available to Mac users because the Mac version of the Windows Media Player does not support the features we use to protect our content from unauthorized use. As soon as Microsoft releases a version of Windows Media Player for the Macintosh that supports these security features, Mac users will be able to access our content. Please contact Microsoft if you have further questions about this issue.

Kori Ellis
05-08-2007, 01:33 PM
The downloads also include some very appealing features such as commercial and timeout-free coverage meaning action from whistle to whistle.

Another feature to be added soon will allow users to search the content using event tags such as shots scored, assists, and rebounds of each player and then quickly be able to find and view that segment of video footage.

That's cool.

leemajors
05-08-2007, 02:05 PM
Minimum system requirements:

- Windows XP :pctoss
- Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher
- Windows Media Player 9 or higher
- A broadband Internet connection
- Internet Explorer’s “Privacy” settings set to the default “Medium” setting
- Firewalls and pop-up blockers disabled
- Access limited to three computers

The NBA Download Store is not available to Mac users because the Mac version of the Windows Media Player does not support the features we use to protect our content from unauthorized use. As soon as Microsoft releases a version of Windows Media Player for the Macintosh that supports these security features, Mac users will be able to access our content. Please contact Microsoft if you have further questions about this issue.

i think if you could manage to download the file, you could make it work pretty easily. there are workarounds to play windows media player content/streams through quicktime.

Spurminator
05-08-2007, 02:07 PM
Maybe... I tried it with a baseball game a couple of years ago and couldn't make it work.

Problem is most of the video file converter programs are Windows only.

dimsah
05-08-2007, 02:26 PM
I don't know about Macs, but there are several types of Linux apps that will run windows applications. I would think there would be something out there similar to that for a Mac, but I don't know.

vander
05-08-2007, 02:38 PM
I was hoping they'd do this. Baseball has been offering downloads of games for a couple of years now.

Does anyone know what the file format is?

yeah, someone who has tried it, what is the format? and is it protected or can it be converted to divx ;)

Cry Havoc
05-08-2007, 02:45 PM
Maybe... I tried it with a baseball game a couple of years ago and couldn't make it work.

Problem is most of the video file converter programs are Windows only.

Anyone having a windows XP problem with this might want to try VLC media player. Not sure if it works for Macs, but I know if you don't have XP, VLC will still play just about any file format out there.

Spurminator
05-08-2007, 02:47 PM
If I recall, even VLC didn't play the baseball file on my Mac.

But I may drop the $2.99 and give it a shot. I'll report back with my findings.

deepsouth
05-08-2007, 02:48 PM
If you try it from Argentina you only get a white screen with the following friendly legend

"Region not allowed."

It looks that since the NBA get Dracula as PR man they are getting better and better :wtf

temujin
05-08-2007, 03:02 PM
If you try it from Argentina you only get a white screen with the following friendly legend

"Region not allowed."

It looks that since the NBA get Dracula as PR man they are getting better and better :wtf

I get the same from across the planet.
Pretty big "region".

Reminds of that famous brits' quote.
"Fog on channel: continent isolated."

vander
05-08-2007, 03:28 PM
WMV, opens in WMP, wouldn't play in MPC

Slomo
05-08-2007, 03:59 PM

"available only to users in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico for the time being"I won't even comment that.

Ah fuck it, yes I will: :flipoff

dimsah
05-08-2007, 04:34 PM
Would it work if you connect through a US proxy?

beirmeistr
05-08-2007, 04:36 PM
Anybody know if you can legally obtain a download of a regular season game? I sure would like to download manu's 40 point game in february of this year.

degenerate_gambler
05-08-2007, 05:24 PM

saporvida
05-08-2007, 05:25 PM

sprrs
05-08-2007, 05:37 PM
That's cool.

The commercial thing would be nice, but I wouldn't mind a few of those NBA commercials still coming up, like the Rob Thomas commercial in '05. That thing always got me pumped.

saporvida
05-08-2007, 06:07 PM

Kori Ellis
05-08-2007, 06:21 PM
Torrents of unauthorized NBA video are illegal. We don't promote game torrents here. Thanks.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-08-2007, 07:21 PM
i see the "don't ask, don't tell" policy has been put in effect. http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif

RonMexico
05-08-2007, 07:29 PM

Dammit - I'm in China until Friday... I'm willing to pay $2.99 to sneak and watch this at the office... I need to go Cuban on Stern and bitch about this.

Kori Ellis
05-08-2007, 07:31 PM
i see the "don't ask, don't tell" policy has been put in effect. http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif

If you want SpursTalk to exist, you can live by the very few rules I impose. Keep your frickin rolling eyes to yourself.

T Park
05-08-2007, 07:33 PM
its about friggen time NBA.

Viva Las espuelas

shove it up your ass prick.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-08-2007, 07:40 PM
its about friggen time NBA.

Viva Las espuelas

shove it up your ass prick.stay classy

Viva Las Espuelas
05-08-2007, 07:43 PM
wow. i have seen the top of the mountain..........and it is good:angel

saporvida
05-08-2007, 08:17 PM
Torrents of unauthorized NBA video are illegal. We don't promote game torrents here. Thanks.

my bad... sorry kori