PDA

View Full Version : CBS Power Rankings (wtf?!?!)

Amuseddaysleeper
11-24-2004, 12:54 AM
http://www.sportsline.com/nba/story/7920987

The wolves are ranked No. 1 (!) on the latest power rankings ans here's what mike kahn said about them....

1 Minnesota Timberwolves
They're getting off to a better start than usual, which is bad news for the rest of the West.

4 San Antonio Spurs
Once Tony Parker stops overthinking his contract and role, he'll take off and so will the rest of the team.

.....What is this guy smoking!? Wolves are strong coming out of the gates!? This team is 6-4!! I thought that maybe the site accidently posted a power rankings from 2 years ago but this is stunning. He was right about Parker needing to play upto his potential and unfortunately manu seems to have come back down to earth which sucks, and TD desperately needs to consistently his FT"s. Oh well, despite the losing streak we r still tied for #3 in the league, so not all hope is lost.........and yes i know.........its REALLY early in the season :spin

E20
11-24-2004, 12:58 AM
This guy did rank Ginobili ahead of Lebron.
:smokin

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-24-2004, 01:04 AM
Meh.

Rummpd
11-24-2004, 08:06 AM
I have posted about rankings which included mouthing off hard about Kori's rankings when one person's rankings this early are arguebly as good as another's.

The reality it takes 20 games to find out who is real due to scheduling. For example, the Spurs have been "road heavy" so far = a hard way to start no matter who you play, but it all evens out eventually. In that manner it really doesnt' matter unlike the BS (excuse me the BCS).

Spurs are fine. I for one am going to cool about rankings until about the end of the year.

It I had to give "real league" rankings right now:

Seattle - think they will cool of but they are still surging. Spurs loss early doesn't look so bad in hindsight. They are a well coached team with some good parts (Allen, Fortson, etc.) and might well stay in the hunt for 4-6 seed this year surprisingly.

Any of five teams 2-6 (Spurs, Dallas, Wolves, Heat, Suns, potentially the beginning to fade ? Jazz etc.)

7 and beyond Fakers, Kings (surging again) Denver, Memphis, Pistons (although come on how can lose to the cats).

Unrankable but interesting perhaps 22 right now? - Pacers - I for one believe they will surprise in the East and win a few games and eventually finish with 6-7 seed in East.

MadDoc

ALVAREZ6
11-24-2004, 05:02 PM
Ginobili is better than Lebron. No doubt in my mind, just compare the rings and Medals lol.

Why do you guys think Manu is going into a drought, he's not, you'll see. He was just over - tired in these road games.. He's gonna bounce back tonight against the Mav's, you'll see.

violentkitten
11-24-2004, 06:17 PM
ginobili better than lebron?! put down the narcotics

ALVAREZ6
11-24-2004, 06:51 PM
ginobili better than lebron?! put down the narcotics

Way better than Lebron, and im drug free motha fucka

E20
11-24-2004, 07:29 PM
I'm watching Lebron play right now. I'm just as big as Ginobili as you are but, Lebron is just like something else and only 19. 25 PPG 8 RPG 6 APG. Amazing. When Ginobili retires this guy will be it for me.

ShoogarBear
11-24-2004, 07:40 PM
Anyone who think Manu is better than LeBron has no credibility.

GoSpurs21
11-25-2004, 04:15 AM
^^^
I think Manu > LeBron at the 04 Olympics...I'm I high on crack?

Who has the gold?

LakerGod
11-25-2004, 05:06 AM
Hehehe Manu better than Lebron?

Stop bragging about the Olympics, dude had only 4 frigging points against the Mavs!!

BTW I don't think he's injured as many people here seem to think, he was all over the place!

He's just inconsistent.

Is he supposed to be en all-star?

LOL

LakerGod
11-25-2004, 05:12 AM
The rankings are a little bit off, Sonics should be Number 1 Followed by Phoenix, Minnesota and San Antone

Rummpd
11-25-2004, 09:12 AM
Followed by the Lakers, oh never mind = they are simply an irrelevant team anymore.

MadDoc

adidas11
11-25-2004, 04:55 PM
Come on people, Manu > Lebron????

Pass over the joint after you're done. That must be some good shit that you're smoking...

IcemanCometh
11-25-2004, 04:57 PM
Lebron is the best perimeter player in the world