PDA

View Full Version : Dirk should be more playmaker, next year back to scorer

Jimmy1234
05-08-2007, 04:02 PM
Donnie Nelson on Musers:

Basically said that this season they asked Dirk to be more of a playmaker to create for others but that moving towards next year's roster, their #1 goal will be to get back to getting Dirk some easy shots that can be created by either of two things:

a low post presence or a dish and kick type.

But anyway, just mainly saying somebody needs to be getting dirk some easier looks than he's been getting.

Was this the reason why Dirk was so damn passiv this season?!
I guess that is what Dirk meant, “It’s my job to get my teammates involved…blah, blah, blah…”

Taking scoring responsibility away from Dirk was a mistake. The right thing to do is to ask Dirk to "pass more" in the mold of Jordan. Dirk needs to score 30 ppg and pass when he gets triple teamed. Stars win playoff games and taking responsibility away from Dirk and giving it to lesser players proved to be the Mavs undoing.

z0sa
05-09-2007, 10:38 AM
Dirk is having the same problemas KG. Everyone says he needs to have better teammates to get win a championship, but then when it comes down to it, he would rather his teammates take that last game GW shot, instead of himself.

baseline bum
05-09-2007, 11:06 AM
Sounds like some revisionist blabber to try to take heat off Nowitzki.