PDA

View Full Version : Wizards: Stackhouse out until December

ducks
11-04-2003, 05:13 PM
Wizards: Stackhouse out until December

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
Tuesday, November 4, 2003

News
Guard/forward Jerry Stackhouse (knee) told the Washington Post on Monday that he is not likely to return until December at the earliest. Stackhouse underwent surgery on October 22 to help correct a wearing down of the lining behind the kneecap of his right knee. "I don't hurt but I don't have the strength in it to be able to know when," Stackhouse said. "I'm doing exercises and resting every day but until all the swelling is out of it, I won't know. It's been two weeks, so about three or four weeks of [healing] will make it six weeks, and we'll see...[I'll] come back on whatever course my knee says to come back. Six weeks from now, 12 weeks from now, whatever it is."

Views
Rookie Jarvis Hayes is playing in place of Stackhouse. He's averaging 13.0 points, 4.3 rebounds, and 1.67 steals per game. Not bad numbers for a rookie, but they hardly make up for Stackhouse's production. Larry Hughes and Gilbert Arenas need to step up t! heir scoring efforts if the Wizards hope to be a winning ball club. Guys like Kwame Brown and Etan Thomas will also need to continue to score in double digits on a nightly basis.

link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=fanball-wizardsstackhouseout&prov=fanball&type=lgns)

CosmicCowboyXXX
11-04-2003, 09:05 PM
dang! I was hoping it would be sooner..Fortunately my fantasy league has one IR spot..just hope no one else goes down long term....