PDA

View Full Version : Official Complaints, Excuses and Whining Thread

dbreiden83080
05-09-2007, 12:08 AM
All these Suns fans and the media will say if not for Stevie getting his nose busted Suns would be up 2-0. We need to play a great game 3 they have renewed confidence now since we laid an egg tonight.

Suns>Spurs
05-09-2007, 12:14 AM
If not for Stevie getting his nose busted Suns would be up 2-0.truth hurts

celldweller
05-09-2007, 12:16 AM
If not for Stevie getting his nose busted Suns would be up 2-0.truth hurtsHey troll how about http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smiflipoff.gif

ONE is for Game 1 we took!

dbreiden83080
05-09-2007, 12:18 AM

Fantasy is an ugly place to reside in. See ya after after game 3 and it is 2-1 Spurs.

Marcus Bryant
05-09-2007, 12:20 AM
Spurs could've put the series away tonight. In Game 2. That's about the only major loss tonight.

Capt Bringdown
05-09-2007, 12:25 AM
Credit the Suns for planting this doubt. Nash owned us tonite. What can we do to counter?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-09-2007, 12:26 AM
Okay, so that was depressing as hell to watch. Simply a pathetic effort by most of our team. That was close to our worst performance this year, which I think was game 1 against the Nuggets. I put that game down to rust, and they proved that it was by playing solid-as-fark Spursball for the rest of the series.

So, tonight Duncan was excellent and the rest of the team non-existent. It wasn't 4-down or smallball that lost us the game - we had already lost it by the 2nd half.

We were tired.

We were slow.

We looked apathetic.

We honestly seemed like we'd rather be sinking beers in a bar somewhere.

In the first quarter I could tell we were going to lose this one and said so a number of times in the game blog. We were breaking down on simple plays, both offensive and defensive, we weren't hustling for loose balls or to make plays, and we were making terrible decisions like JV shooting on 3/5 possessions. We were out of sync from the start, and the only reason it wasn't an early blowout was that our first half D was okay, and they couldn't make a shot.

HOWEVER, I think this is just another "rust" game. They've been living in hotel rooms for 5 nights in a hostile town. They are tired, want to see their own beds and loved ones. These things contribute to flat as fuck performances like tonight.

They got the split they wanted, felt tired tonight, and thought "what the hell, we'll beat them at home." I'm pretty sure that's what happened.

WE WILL NOT PLAY LIKE THIS IN GAME 3.

mattyc
05-09-2007, 12:28 AM
I know I wished I was...

1-1 going home. It's a good result, despite the performance.

spursgirl20
05-09-2007, 12:29 AM
Okay, so that was depressing as hell to watch. Simply a pathetic effort by most of our team. That was close to our worst performance this year, which I think was game 1 against the Nuggets. I put that game down to rust, and they proved that it was by playing solid-as-fark Spursball for the rest of the series.

So, tonight Duncan was excellent and the rest of the team non-existent. It wasn't 4-down or smallball that lost us the game - we had already lost it by the 2nd half.

We were tired.

We were slow.

We looked apathetic.

In the first quarter I could tell we were going to lose this one and said so a number of times in the game blog. We were breaking down on simple plays, both offensive and defensive, we weren't hustling for loose balls or to make plays, and we were making terrible decisions like JV shooting on 3/5 possessions. We were out of sync from the start, and the only reason it wasn't an early blowout was that our first half D was okay, and they couldn't make a shot.

HOWEVER, I think this is just another "rust" game. They've been living in hotel rooms for 5 nights in a hostile town. They are tired, want to see their own beds and loved ones. These things contribute to flat as fuck performances like tonight.

They got the split they wanted, felt tired tonight, and thought "what the hell, we'll beat them at home." I'm pretty sure that's what happened.

Other than Alamo50 your the last person I thought would Dive off the wagon

ducks
05-09-2007, 12:30 AM
tp needed to be more aggressive from the get go

Dingle Barry
05-09-2007, 12:31 AM
Did you really explain this game with the number of nights they have spent in Phoenix hotel rooms? Solid.

beirmeistr
05-09-2007, 12:32 AM
maybe TP is afraid of getting hit on the head again---I thought he was shying away from driving in the first quarter.

Budkin
Glad we got the split. I like our chances to win all our home games in this series.

TampaDude
The Spurs were off tonight...plain and simple...let's just hope it's a one-game fluke...the TEAM has to step up now...TD is the man, but he can't do it all by himself...

TampaDude
05-09-2007, 12:34 AM
Glad we got the split. I like our chances to win all our home games in this series.

Well, if we do that, we win 4-2...I wanted the sweep, but I'll take the Spurs in 6.

The Spurs BETTER win Game 3, though! :ihit

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-09-2007, 12:34 AM
Other than Alamo50 your the last person I thought would Dive off the wagon

Did you read the post? I haven't left the wagon in any sense. I explained why we sucked tonight (tiredness leading to apathy), and that we won't do it again in game 3...

:wtf

Mr. Black
05-09-2007, 12:36 AM
I agree, once in a while we have these kind of games... hopefully we won't have another one during these playoffs.

It was both frustrating, and apathetic watching that game, but I have confidence that they'll bounce back.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-09-2007, 12:39 AM
Did you really explain this game with the number of nights they have spent in Phoenix hotel rooms? Solid.

Okay, you explain it better.

Why did they look slow and apathetic tonight? These people are only human, they have let downs, and after achieving the split in game 1 they just decided they'd done enough in Phoenix. That makes sense to me, in terms of human behaviour, although as a fan it annoys me.

if we played out hearts out tonght and lost by 20 I'd be dejected, but that was not anything resembling Spursball, same as game 1 against the Nuggets. We can write this one off, but they'd better come out firing on all cylinders for the next two games because we haven't seen Phoenix's best yet, and we can't beat them unless we PLAY HARD.

baseline bum
05-09-2007, 12:39 AM
The Spurs flat out just did not play hard tonight, save Tim, Tony, and Bruce. Rob passed up wide open shots. Fin hit a few, but he passed up shots he should have taken too. I don't know what the hell Manu's doing right now. Tony played hard, but just didn't have it. I loved that Bruce was firing every time the offense got him a shot. Duncan was magnificent in carrying the Spurs for three quarters, but he understandably ran out of gas , having to do it alone.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-09-2007, 12:43 AM
The Spurs flat out just did not play hard tonight, save Tim, Tony, and Bruce. Rob passed up wide open shots. Fin hit a few, but he passed up shots he should have taken too. I don't know what the hell Manu's doing right now. Tony played hard, but just didn't have it. I loved that Bruce was firing every time the offense got him a shot. Duncan was magnificent in carrying the Spurs for three quarters, but he understandably ran out of gas , having to do it alone.

Thanks BB, now I know that I'm not insane. In the game thread, no-one else seemed to notice... :rolleyes

There was just no hustle out there, no effort at all.

I counted 5 times in the first half where players WEREN'T EVEN RUNNING THE SAME PLAY!?!? They looked like a stoned high school team tonight.

They won't look like that Saturday. I think they'll come out mega-nasty on Saturday and maybe tan some Suns hide, because when they watch this game tape they will be EMBARRASSED.

Oh, and you are right - Tony and Bruce tried hard, maybe even Oberto, but none of them could get it going.

jbspurs
05-09-2007, 12:44 AM
I don't remember seeing Big Shot bob the whole 4th period, Did He get hurt or something?

Mr. Body
05-09-2007, 12:45 AM
Five wins in a row, five great efforts. They're bound to throw a stinker, especially against a great team with its back against the wall. Rebound and win Game 3.

Marcus Bryant
05-09-2007, 12:55 AM
I don't remember seeing Big Shot bob the whole 4th period, Did He get hurt or something?

Surprised that Horry only saw 16 minutes tonight. With 3 days' off you'd think he would've seen closer to 25.

Dingle Barry
05-09-2007, 12:56 AM
We need to get Elson one of those educational basketball tapes by Magic Johnson or the like.

efrem1
05-09-2007, 12:58 AM

OK "NOSE"tradamus. :drunk

infinite styles
05-09-2007, 12:59 AM

Actually getting your nose busted open would probably hurt more.

Catharsis
05-09-2007, 12:59 AM
tp had an off night because Marion was embarassed by how he was raped in game one. Nash called him out for it and Marion stepped up. Game one everyone for the spurs was clicking that that helped tp. You can't blame him for how Marion defended him. Now he had several days to figure out how to counter and he'll probably respond in game three with another big night.

RonMexico
05-09-2007, 01:01 AM

Quote: "hostile town"

baseline bum
05-09-2007, 01:03 AM
Thanks BB, now I know that I'm not insane. In the game thread, no-one else seemed to notice... :rolleyes

There was just no hustle out there, no effort at all.

I counted 5 times in the first half where players WEREN'T EVEN RUNNING THE SAME PLAY!?!? They looked like a stoned high school team tonight.

They won't look like that Saturday. I think they'll come out mega-nasty on Saturday and maybe tan some Suns hide, because when they watch this game tape they will be EMBARRASSED.

Oh, and you are right - Tony and Bruce tried hard, maybe even Oberto, but none of them could get it going.

Rob's worthless when he thinks (see the '04 LA series). When he's cool and just playing off instinct, he's an assassin. Rob really needs to loosen up like he was in that Denver series. If he misses the three, I don't care. You don't hit any shots you don't put up.

T Park
05-09-2007, 01:03 AM
This series is making Denver look like a cakewalk.

Spurs gotta win the games at home.

Just go for the three wins at home.

Don;t let it get to a game 7 in Phoenix, cause they won win it.

RogerIsEatingASandwich
05-09-2007, 01:08 AM
Spurs will be fine, they just need to come out with a better effort.

baseline bum
05-09-2007, 01:08 AM
The Spurs are perfectly capable of winning game 7 on Phoenix's floor. I don't think the homecourt means anything in this series. This isn't the Palace of Auburn Hills: both San Antonio's and Phoenix's crowds are pretty lame.

T Park
05-09-2007, 01:11 AM
Tonight the Suns were downright scary.

Frightening.

The suns have turned into the team that we said "would be scary if they ever figured out defense"

baseline bum
05-09-2007, 01:15 AM
Tonight the Suns were downright scary.

Frightening.

The suns have turned into the team that we said "would be scary if they ever figured out defense"

Tonight the Spurs were downright shitty. It was their worst effort since game 3 of the 2003 Lakers series.

RonMexico
05-09-2007, 01:16 AM
I think my biggest complaint is that Game 3 isn't for 4 days.

jbspurs
05-09-2007, 01:19 AM
Surprised that Horry only saw 16 minutes tonight. With 3 days' off you'd think he would've seen closer to 25.

I know! I remember the 2nd time he blocked Barbosa's shot and after that I didn't him come back. Same with Finley after He made the adjustment, He sat for a long time. I don't get it! maybe they don't really want to win this game.... Pretty sure they'll bounce back!

Capt Bringdown
05-09-2007, 01:37 AM
The way they dominated the Spurs tonite, the Suns are justified in thinking that they should be up 2-0 if not for Nash's freak injury.

That's what was at stake tonite. Game 3's huge, obviously. If the Suns put another hurtin' on the Spurs, we're in deep trouble. I don't like our chances as a come-from-behind team in this series.

GrandeDavid
05-09-2007, 06:31 AM
I'm glad the Spurs have several days off to rest, ponder and get ready for big games 3 and 4.

Don't believe the negative hype in the national media about the Spurs. I didn't watch the game, but I do recall the Spurs getting blown out in games 3 and 4 in the 2003 Lakers series, and I recall the Spurs being 2-2 against Seattle, and the Spurs got nearly ruined in game 4 against Detroit in the 2005 championship. These things happen. This was Phoenix's biggest, best game!

SAGambler
05-09-2007, 07:59 AM
Spurs satisfied getting game 1 in Phoenix.

And it showed.

Late in first and early in second, Spurs had a really good shot at going up by 14, 16 points and just shot like crap. They didn't have the fotitude to take it when it was there for the offering.

Maybe it's time for Tim to call out some teammates himself.
Everyone on the floor looked out of sync all night.

And one other thing........I know he played well, the last half of the regular season, but please just keep Vaughn on the pine. He is looking lost out there.

I hope Pop makes them watch the film of this game every day until Saturday. They should be embarrassed enough to come out wanting to kick some ass.

easjer
05-09-2007, 08:07 AM
It's my fault. I take full responsibility. I wasn't really watching the game. I had to work at home because I didn't finish up at work. I continued on what I'd been doing all day long for three more hours and was tired and cranky and didn't care about the game. Clearly, that cosmically affected the Spurs and when I went to bed at halftime because I just.couldn't.do.it.anymore. they probably felt that I'd abandoned them.

:depressed

Sorry, folks.

In other news, I'd predicted a loss this game since before the playoffs started. So I'm in no way surprised. Just disappointed. I knew absolutely that this game would suck when Timmy was quoted talking about the dagger of going to SA down 2. Naturally the rest of the Spurs would play like shit. From what I saw, the Suns were serious and the Spurs were asleep. There was little aggression -I didn't see Tony really drive in the first quarter. Jump shots weren't falling. Defense disappeared.

I find it disheartening that a championship level team is content to take a game off when they could cut their opponent's throats. It is unfortunate that they seemed happy to settle with a split. I expected they would, but I hoped very much that they would prove me wrong.

JMarkJohns
05-09-2007, 08:14 AM
Had the Suns taken game one, Thomas doesn't start game two, prolly only sees 15 minutes worth of action last night, and the Spurs are again in a position to "take" a game in Phoenix.

Saying 2-0 as a certainty is damn foolish.

Thomas' start was a desperation move. Teams that win game one at home aren't what you'd call "desperate".

samikeyp
05-09-2007, 08:15 AM
It's my fault. I take full responsibility. I wasn't really watching the game. I had to work at home because I didn't finish up at work. I continued on what I'd been doing all day long for three more hours and was tired and cranky and didn't care about the game. Clearly, that cosmically affected the Spurs and when I went to bed at halftime because I just.couldn't.do.it.anymore. they probably felt that I'd abandoned them.

Nahh E, you get a pass. You are nice enough to be forgiven. :)

But only this once. ;)

ratm1221
05-09-2007, 08:19 AM
This series is going 7. I wasn't so sure before tonight, but now I am. Too bad we can't just fast forward.

SAGambler
05-09-2007, 08:25 AM

This is the lamest shit in the world.

No one knows and no one ever will. The fact is Nash did get his nose busted and could not return for those last few seconds and the Spurs did win....

That I can say with 100% accuracy.....

Anything else is pure ass speculation.

Now you gotta ask yourself......What is the difference between "theoretically" and "reality"....

BacktoBasics
05-09-2007, 08:50 AM
l;akhfaslkjtheting
-afds

samikeyp
05-09-2007, 08:51 AM
Lemme see...the Spurs lost a playoff game so I am supposed to say.....

"OMG We're Doomed!"
"Fire Pop!"
"Trade Duncan!"
"Cut Manu!"
"Sell Parker back to France!"
"We're too old!"
"We will never win a playoff game ever again!"
"Robert Horry is 137 years old...he needs to retire!"
"The NBA is against us!"
"Stern Hates us!"
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHH!!!!

Did I get them all out? :)

hendrix
05-09-2007, 09:01 AM
OK, I'm back... I know, I know.. "welcome!", "nice to have you back!", etc... Save it.

I just wanted to say, we need a point guard.
Now, i'm officially back.

Spurminator
05-09-2007, 09:44 AM
The Suns defense looked great in the second half, but I think a lot of that had to do with an uninspired Spurs offensive scheme. Chicken/egg, maybe, but hopefully the Spurs won't tighten up so much in the next few games. I thought they had a lot of good looks in the first half that they just weren't finishing.

If you had asked me before the series if I'd be happy with a 1-1 split in the first 2, I'd have said yes. Would have been nice to win both, but we're still in the driver's seat.

LilMissSPURfect
05-09-2007, 09:48 AM
Complaints, Excuses and Whining Thread ?

no complaints
no excuses
no whining

Spurs will kick butt Saturday

samikeyp
05-09-2007, 09:57 AM
Agreed...now is not the time to panic.

UV Ray
05-09-2007, 10:16 AM
The Spurs are perfectly capable of winning game 7 on Phoenix's floor. I don't think the homecourt means anything in this series. This isn't the Palace of Auburn Hills: both San Antonio's and Phoenix's crowds are pretty lame.

True. But I don't see homecourt being a significant advantage except in game 7.

SpursDynasty
05-09-2007, 10:20 AM

Keyword IF.

If's don't matter in the playoffs.

Suns can't beat the Spurs in a 7 game series.

SpursFanFirst
05-09-2007, 11:06 AM

We were tired.

We were slow.

We looked apathetic.

I sure hope you're right.
I hope they're wincing as they watch game footage because that was simply terrible!
Anyone else avoiding ESPN and other sports sites today? I'm sure they're totally gloating about that loss....making their plans for the final celebration. :lol ... :( ... :bang

Findog
05-09-2007, 11:54 AM
Credit the Suns for planting this doubt. Nash owned us tonite. What can we do to counter?

The Mavs coaches would run Terry off curls constantly to force Nash to run around and play defense instead of being able to get a breather and "hide." It works. Forcing him to defend at the other end of the court and expend energy is the best way to counter his offense. I don't know how you'd run a switch though to get Nash on Parker, and even if you did, Parker isn't the jumpshooter that Terry is.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-09-2007, 01:49 PM
Wasn't the Spurs fault. Suns are cheaters. The air conditioning in the arena was turned up too high. Nash came prepared with his usual pile of towels to climb under but the Spurs were cold. That tightened their muscles and hampered their shots.

And Dan Crawford didn't give the Spurs a fair shake. He clearly is still out for blood for his brother Joey.

And I want Nash's "bandages" tested. I know a transdermal steroid patch when I see one.

sa_butta
05-09-2007, 01:58 PM
No reason for any of this, we did exactly what we where suppose to in Phoenix, we won 1 and took back the home court. Spurs are in great shape. If we drop one at home then start worrying.

:flag: :flag: :flag:

Saturday at the At&t Center must be fire. Fans who attend the game be extra loud and lets get our Spurs pumped.:hungry:

easjer
05-09-2007, 03:10 PM
Wasn't the Spurs fault. Suns are cheaters. The air conditioning in the arena was turned up too high. Nash came prepared with his usual pile of towels to climb under but the Spurs were cold. That tightened their muscles and hampered their shots.

And Dan Crawford didn't give the Spurs a fair shake. He clearly is still out for blood for his brother Joey.

And I want Nash's "bandages" tested. I know a transdermal steroid patch when I see one.

:lol
:lmao
:lmao