Aggie Hoopsfan
05-09-2007, 12:12 AM
Vaughn
Manu
Barry
Finley
Oberto

Great lineup for him to score with :tu

And just to head off all the idiots. Yes, he needs to be more aggressive. At the same time, Pop needs to run some plays for him instead of expecting a rhythm player to get going with a group on the court that only requires the Suns to worry about guarding him and Finley.

Borosai
05-09-2007, 12:13 AM
Copperfield couldn't do it any better.

LaMarcus Bryant
Manu Ginobili's testicular volume will determine the outcome of this series.

mookie2001
manu lost his scrot

ducks
05-09-2007, 12:14 AM
Vaughn
Manu
Barry
Finley
Oberto

so manu gets a pass because he plays with that lineup some times

ducks
05-09-2007, 12:15 AM
all I can say is manu plays better at home in playoffs
saturday would be a good day for manu to show up

Tek_XX
05-09-2007, 12:16 AM
Vaughn
Manu
Barry
Finley
Oberto

And just to head off all the idiots. Yes, he needs to be more aggressive. At the same time, Pop needs to run some plays for him instead of expecting a rhythm player to get going with a group on the court that only requires the Suns to worry about guarding him and Finley.

I agree, if i were the Suns i'd focus on him with this lineup. Leave Vauhn open for a jumper.

MannyIsGod
05-09-2007, 12:16 AM
Vaughn
Manu
Barry
Finley
Oberto

And just to head off all the idiots. Yes, he needs to be more aggressive. At the same time, Pop needs to run some plays for him instead of expecting a rhythm player to get going with a group on the court that only requires the Suns to worry about guarding him and Finley.Run plays for him? You mean like the isolations he gets where he loves to do his step back jumpers now? Spot up shooter? Thats not spotting up and shooting, thats shooting off the dribble and its Manu's new love child. He's done it well parts of this year but he's come to rely on it far too much. It is all he does now.

Those isolations need to be used to get to the rim and the jumpers need to fill in the gaps.

resistanze
05-09-2007, 12:17 AM
ManWHO?

He better go apeshit in game 3.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-09-2007, 12:18 AM
Run plays for him? You mean like the isolations he gets where he loves to do his step back jumpers now? Spot up shooter? Thats not spotting up and shooting, thats shooting off the dribble and its Manu's new love child. He's done it well parts of this year but he's come to rely on it far too much. It is all he does now.

Those isolations need to be used to get to the rim and the jumpers need to fill in the gaps.

How do you get to the rim when Phoenix has four guys zoning the lane?

MannyIsGod
05-09-2007, 12:19 AM
Ask Tony Parker. He does it.

mookie2001
its too much of a risk to play him this series, he should be benched

baseline bum
Ginobili has been pretty bad this playoffs. The Spurs desperately need Manu to play like he did in the regular season since February. I don't think moving him to the starting lineup makes any sense either, because we know Barry isn't going to step up to bring energy off the bench.

VaSpursFan
Run plays for him? You mean like the isolations he gets where he loves to do his step back jumpers now? Spot up shooter? Thats not spotting up and shooting, thats shooting off the dribble and its Manu's new love child. He's done it well parts of this year but he's come to rely on it far too much. It is all he does now.

i hate that shit. dribble, dribble, step back and shoot.

Suns>Spurs
Manure>>>>Manu

Borosai
05-09-2007, 12:20 AM
Before, Manu would instinctively attack the basket, get layups or get fouled. Now it appears his instinct is to fake penetration and take a step-back 3. That sucks.

spursgirl20
05-09-2007, 12:22 AM
Eat me baseline! When Manu plays well you want to suck ever drop of man chowder from his Latin nut sac now you want to treat him like SpursReport treats it's posters? your a real piece of Shit and the next time Manu saved the game I don't want to see your Salad tossing ass in here kissing his Time warner ass!

E20
05-09-2007, 12:23 AM
Couple of things I've noticed about Manu this game:

-He looks very frustrated and lethargic out there. Almost as if he doesn't care.

- Thrice I've seen him call for the ball. Once from Parker, then Oberto twice, after those possesions Manu went to Parker on one play and Oberto on another play and clearly said to them I was open.

-The thing with Manu is he needs something to get him going early on. What I mean by that is he has to score when he checks in early on, if not it will affect his play later on in the game. Ginobili's said it and so has Pop. If Manu gets some easy shot attempts in his first minutes of play, his confidence will greatly rise resulting in more drives to the hoop and hopefully more buckets, which then opens his outside game.

Also I think Ginobili should start next game.

Cherry
05-09-2007, 12:23 AM
Ginobili has been pretty bad this playoffs. The Spurs desperately need Manu to play like he did in the regular season since February. I don't think moving him to the starting lineup makes any sense either, because we know Barry isn't going to step up to bring energy off the bench.

So...this series is lost. Goodbye.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-09-2007, 12:24 AM
Before, Manu would instinctively attack the basket, get layups or get fouled. Now it appears his instinct is to fake penetration and take a step-back 3. That sucks.
Agreed. He settles too much now..

wtf? His game is all centered around his will and reckless abandon to get to the rim. No one bites to his stupid fakes. So he should chuck those fake outs. And only do it AFTER HE's gotten to the rim five times prior!

mikekim
05-09-2007, 12:25 AM
I said this over in the game thread just right now but...

I'm tellin ya, I think it's the hair...he's losing power with every strand of hair that falls out.

He needs to muster his strength for one final push before all his hair is gone.

I know he still has the brilliance of '05 in him somewhere...

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-09-2007, 12:26 AM
Couple of things I've noticed about Manu this game:

-He looks very frustrated and lethargic out there. Almost as if he doesn't care.

- Thrice I've seen him call for the ball. Once from Parker, then Oberto twice, after those possesions Manu went to Parker on one play and Oberto on another play and clearly said to them I was open.

-The thing with Manu is he needs something to get him going early on. What I mean by that is he has to score when he checks in early on, if not it will affect his play later on in the game. Ginobili's said it and so has Pop. If Manu gets some easy shot attempts in his first minutes of play, his confidence will greatly rise resulting in more drives to the hoop and hopefully more buckets, which then opens his outside game.

Also I think Ginobili should start next game.

I have seen him call for the ball and not get it. I think he needs to say what Duncan did, "I'm still here guys."

after that, he just relegates himself to doing the dirty work and anticipating rebounding Tim's freethrows. :lol

Cherry

Ask pop why. Well done Pop :pctoss

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
I said this over in the game thread just right now but...

I'm tellin ya, I think it's the hair...he's losing power with every strand of hair that falls out.

He needs to muster his strength for one final push before all his hair is gone.

I know he still has the brilliance of '05 in him somewhere...
He should buy a wig for the time being. Definitely the hair.

LaMarcus Bryant
05-09-2007, 12:27 AM
Manu should be transferred to the IR, let's activate James White.

ducks
05-09-2007, 12:27 AM
Ask pop why. Well done Pop :pctoss
so you think pop told him to be an idiot?

aaronstampler
05-09-2007, 12:28 AM
It used to be that if Tony was having a crap game Pop would run the offense through Manu. He didn't do that this game and we just ran 4 down every play.

Mr. Peabody
05-09-2007, 12:30 AM
It used to be that if Tony was having a crap game Pop would run the offense through Manu. He didn't do that this game and we just ran 4 down every play.

In this game, Duncan taking a shot while covered was a much better option than giving Manu an open look.

SPURS vs NBA media
No nuts, no glory.

next game he has a great GAME you will be KISSING HIS ASS IN THIS FORUM

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
How was Manu an idiot?

He just sucks on O. It's not like he was turning the ball over left and right, or doing stupid plays for his teammates.

SPURS vs NBA media
05-09-2007, 12:31 AM
Manu should be transferred to the IR, let's activate James White.

LOSER, :idiot :idiot :idiot :ban: :ban:

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-09-2007, 12:31 AM
In this game, Duncan taking a shot while covered was a much better option than giving Manu an open look.
yeah, but Pop played into the Suns hands, "let Duncan get his, like Kobe" and let the rest of the team get cold.

Come on, it's much better to get everyone involved and keep the defenses on their toes.

baseline bum
05-09-2007, 12:33 AM
next game he has a great GAME you will be KISSING HIS ASS IN THIS FORUM

I hope so. Manu is the second best player on this team, and he's picked a horrible time to go into a slump.

L.I.T
05-09-2007, 12:33 AM
Who are we talking about? I remember someone named that a couple of years ago.

I'd be much much more worried if he wasn't providing anything in any other aspect of the game. But seriously, he needs to turn it back on on offense. I haven't been a proponent of starting him, but whatever it takes to get him in a rhythm. Acupuncture? Someone find George Karl and take away his Manu-voodoo doll.

Cherry
05-09-2007, 12:34 AM

Pop ask Manu all season to make jump shots and no going to the basket so hard.
Result: thatīs not Manu.

mikekim
05-09-2007, 12:35 AM
Manu just needs to take over...

C'mon guys, you have to know he could still take over and be the Manu we know and love. It's the offense, the specific lineups out there with him at times, and his own hesitancy and timidness that's holding him back.

He needs to know that he is the former Finals Co-MVP and play like it. He needs to just fuck the offense they're running sometimes and seize the opportunity whenever he senses there is one. If Pop and the rest of the Spurs gives him that trust and freedom (like they did in '05), we'll see Manu finally arrive in this series.

I think TP needs to trust him more than anything, which will be hard to do, considering how well Tony fits against the Suns---he just needs to realize that his opportunities and chances to score will always be there...for Manu it's just not as easy to tell the truth.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-09-2007, 12:36 AM
Who are we talking about? I remember someone named that a couple of years ago.

I'd be much much more worried if he was providing anything in any other aspect of the game. But seriously, he needs to turn it back on. I haven't been a proponent of starting him, but whatever it takes to get him in a rhythm.

Acupuncture? Someone find George Karl and take away his Manu-voodoo doll.
Eh Manu is making his Playoff 2007 Manu case, as the worst of the Manu incarnations so far. I think when Dallas went down, he felt his desire for "VINDICATION" fell to zero.

If he's not gonna turn it on, then we lose against the Suns, plain and simple.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-09-2007, 12:36 AM
yeah, but Pop played into the Suns hands, "let Duncan get his, like Kobe" and let the rest of the team get cold.

Come on, it's much better to get everyone involved and keep the defenses on their toes.

Yep, Pop fell into the trap that he has many times in the playoff years past. Parker = not a good spot up shooter. Manu = not a good spot up shooter. So we make them :pctoss

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-09-2007, 12:37 AM
Manu just needs to take over...

C'mon guys, you have to know he could still take over and be the Manu we know and love. It's the offense, the specific lineups out there with him at times, and his own hesitancy and timidness that's holding him back.

He needs to know that he is the former Finals Co-MVP and play like it. He needs to just fuck the offense they're running sometimes and seize the opportunity whenever he senses there is one. If Pop and the rest of the Spurs gives him that trust and freedom (like they did in '05), we'll see Manu finally arrive in this series.

I think TP needs to trust him more than anything, which will be hard to do, considering how well Tony fits against the Suns---he just needs to realize that his opportunities and chances to score will always be there...for Manu it's just not as easy to tell the truth.
I do think, it's the same Manu and he's willing, but he's playing too passive and passes to his teammates too much! as a team player. :lol

He needs to just say, GIVE ME THE BALL and I'm going to run it for the rest of this quarter, to everyone. There are ways around stupid traps, do a pick and roll, with a big man, and handoff the ball back to Manu.

I don't know. I remember Manu handling the ball A LOT as the Alternate 1st option in 2005. Now I barely see him in the lineups.

Cherry
05-09-2007, 12:39 AM
Someone find George Karl and take away his Manu-voodoo doll.

:lol

ducks
05-09-2007, 12:41 AM
Yep, Pop fell into the trap that he has many times in the playoff years past. Parker = not a good spot up shooter. Manu = not a good spot up shooter. So we make them :pctoss
parker jumper is much better each year

Budkin
Manure>>>>Manu

Sadly this is true so far. Hopefully the 3rd time's the charm.

Scotti
Those of you who will be present for Game 3, pass some of your energy and zeal to Manu by cheering hard for him.

There's no reason why he can't recover from this slump.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-09-2007, 12:42 AM
Pop ask Manu all season to make jump shots and no going to the basket so hard.
Result: thatīs not Manu.
Manu needs to ReMEMMBBBERRR when he said to Pop, "This is what I do."

or else we're screwed.

mikekim
05-09-2007, 12:48 AM
Manu needs to ReMEMMBBBERRR when he said to Pop, "This is what I do."

or else we're screwed.

True. Double-True!

Manu just needs to do what he do, how he do... :fro

dreamcastrocks
05-09-2007, 12:51 AM
I don't know what's wrong with Manu, but as a Suns fan, I hope he keeps it up.

upTD
05-09-2007, 12:56 AM
I hope so. Manu is the second best player on this team, and he's picked a horrible time to go into a slump.

no. now Manu is the second worst player on this team

jaespur21
05-09-2007, 01:00 AM
Time 4 manu to start......cut our bench off and START MANU.....manu tony tim all play 40 mins

BillsCarnage
05-09-2007, 01:07 AM
"Manu-tiger never back down. Manu-tiger always fight! ROOOAR!!"

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/TwistedPretzel/manu_tiger-794868.jpg

Budkin
05-09-2007, 01:21 AM
Sweet the last time this pic was busted out, Manu had a career series against the Suns.

angel_luv
05-09-2007, 01:28 AM
Great thread. :rolleyes
Way to kick our guy when he is down.

I'm not saying I like the way Gino is playing, but neither, I am sure does Gino.
He's going pull through this slump. Have a little faith.

In the meantime, I appreciate that Gino is going after rebounds and getting assist and not shooting just for the sake of it.

Capt Bringdown
05-09-2007, 02:03 AM
It's just that some think Manu is some kind of basketball god. He's looking pretty damn ordinary at the moment and not helping us win. Everyone hopes he's capable of playing up to the hype. If not, he deserves to be called out and shamed. No free passes in life!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-09-2007, 02:05 AM
It's just that some think Manu is some kind of basketball god. He's looking pretty damn ordinary at the moment and not helping us win. Everyone hopes he's capable of playing up to the hype. If not, he deserves to be called out and shamed. No free passes in life!
But the thing is, he isn't hyped.

He CAN play to his abilities. It's not like he's been missing all year.

That said, Angelluv's not saying we shouldn't be satisfied or disappointed, but there's no point in giving up on the guy when he still has opportunities to redeem himself in the coming games.

It's not a matter of not calling him out for his sucky play, or having some false expectations. Even his teammmates are hoping to get him going. And I'm definitely sure Manu realizes he's playing like shit at the moment.

timvp
05-09-2007, 02:23 AM
Manu deserves to be called out. This is the playoffs. There's no excuse to not be playing your hardest.

Bottomline is Ginobili has to drive the ball. The Suns aren't doing anything special to stop him. He's just not being aggressive enough in taking the ball to the hole. That's how he's made his living.

All of a sudden he just doesn't drive the ball. The most telling stat when it comes to Manu is free throws attempted. He's laid a goose egg in that column for a while now.

Without Manu playing harder, the Spurs aren't winning a championship.

carina_gino20
05-09-2007, 02:38 AM
i was pretty disappointed with Manu's lack of aggressiveness today. It was almost as if he wasn't there at all. He did have some nice assists to Timmy.

we're not going to win this series with Manu playing this way. That running jumper or step-back shot is weak. He needs to DRIVE to that basket to get himself going. If he doesn't get the ball enough, then ask for it.

That said, I believe he will come out strong for the next game. Manu thrives in adversity. Let's see him do it again.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-09-2007, 02:46 AM
I hope the San Antonio media will call Manu out or ask where he is, otherwise, he definitely is pulling a parallel Dirk performance. He needs to know the Spurs NEED him.

How can he not do what he does? When we've witnessed him doing those regular season comebacks with five Manus on the court??

It's feels so anticlimactic to see him like this.

mVp
05-09-2007, 02:53 AM
he's picked a horrible time to go into a slump.

so true

cly2tw
05-09-2007, 03:05 AM
Manu deserves to be called out. This is the playoffs. There's no excuse to not be playing your hardest.

Bottomline is Ginobili has to drive the ball. The Suns aren't doing anything special to stop him. He's just not being aggressive enough in taking the ball to the hole. That's how he's made his living.

All of a sudden he just doesn't drive the ball. The most telling stat when it comes to Manu is free throws attempted. He's laid a goose egg in that column for a while now.

The more I think about it the more I believe it's a confidence problem. Marion passed up a couple of open shots knowing he is not in a rhythm in game 2 and he made the right decision. With Manu, Raja is probably on his mind and he didn't want to try too hard to get himself going why potentially jeopadizing the total game plan of the Spurs. It's not like there are many fastbreak situations that Manu could seize his opportunity and gain some advantage in chaos. It's a dilemma for him and the team.

carina_gino20
05-09-2007, 03:10 AM
it was just disappointing seeing him not pick up the slack even after he knew Tony's game wasn't working and Tim was in foul trouble. one thing we loved about him this season is his 'savior' mentality of just willing things to happen. of course it's hard to get that going when you're not really getting involved the whole game.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-09-2007, 03:11 AM
Well, one thing good out of this, is IF Manu decides to show up for game 3 at least (Which he was supposed to for game 2!! :pctoss) Spurs are playing on ABC, so it's time for Manu to erupt at the right time on national t.v. or else!

Spurs Brazil
05-09-2007, 06:38 AM
The real Manu will be back for Game 3.

ESPN Latin America will show the game saturday night. Manu won't play bad in Argentina TV.

Manu will be huge in game 3

powerpower
05-09-2007, 06:44 AM
The real Manu will be back for Game 3.

ESPN Latin America will show the game saturday night. Manu won't play bad in Argentina TV.

Manu will be huge in game 3

like he was supposed to show up for game 1 and 2...i am just sick of his plays ...........come manu wake up

GrandeDavid
05-09-2007, 06:56 AM
Eat me baseline! When Manu plays well you want to suck ever drop of man chowder from his Latin nut sac now you want to treat him like SpursReport treats it's posters? your a real piece of Shit and the next time Manu saved the game I don't want to see your Salad tossing ass in here kissing his Time warner ass!

Mouse, how ya been doing? :rolleyes

GrandeDavid
05-09-2007, 07:00 AM
And Baseline has EVERY right to call out Manu! Last I checked Baseline is a fan like the rest of us simply giving his thoughts on Manu's performance. It doesn't mean he or anyone has given up on him!

I honestly think, for one, that Manu will have a near 30 point Game 3. I think that this Game 2 performance on offense plus nearly 4 days to stew and prepare, Manu will come back on fire and aggressive.

I think that Manu will lead the Spurs to an asskicking win in Game 3.

Southwest Texas Fan
05-09-2007, 07:22 AM
I wonder if his lack of aggression has anything to do with management asking him not to play BB in the summer for the national team. I don't if has been discussed, probably has but something isn't right.

longrod
05-09-2007, 08:19 AM
That ~$38 million left on his contract should be plenty enough to motivate him. What else does he need? Perhaps a public flogging in front of the Alamo to convince him that we really care.

I think the Spurs may have overpaid him and now he's just fat and happy living it up as the biggest circus act to come out of Argentina since that Evita thing...

nkdlunch
05-09-2007, 08:35 AM
Manu in 2005. Womanu in 2007

nkdlunch
05-09-2007, 08:37 AM
manu needs to forget the fact that the paint is closed down when he has the ball. he needs to put his head down and ATTACK!!!

dammit, baron Davis, Dwhine, Daron WIlliams, Parker, etc they all do this. they put their head down and attack. why can't Manu?????

rob5
05-09-2007, 09:03 AM
We won a Championship in 05 with Manu starting. So why not try it now?? Maybe starting him again will light his fire. Who knows

Manu Pacquiao
05-09-2007, 09:10 AM
He'll be back next game. Be patient. It not like the team is down 0-3 or something. He's a smart player, he knows what to do.

powerpower
05-09-2007, 09:13 AM
Does anyone if pop will change the starting line-up?
and when we will know if it happens?

DarrinS
05-09-2007, 09:18 AM

Do you think it has anything to do with Raja's defense? Or is it just lack of agressiveness on Manu's part?

Bruno
05-09-2007, 09:20 AM
Manu needs to play better.
The good news is that even if Manu has been quite bad, Spurs are ifne. They have easily win their first round serie against Denver and have taken the HCA in the second round.
Manu was bad in the first month of the season but great after his late november back injury. Let's hope that this 3 days break will have the same effect on him.

Manu, wake up, Spurs need you.

Bruno
05-09-2007, 09:22 AM
Do you think it has anything to do with Raja's defense? Or is it just lack of agressiveness on Manu's part?

Bell defense doesn't help but you had to notice that Manu was bad too against Denver while playing against terrible defenders.

DarrinS
05-09-2007, 09:24 AM
Bell defense doesn't help but you had to notice that Manu was bad too against Denver while against terrible defenders.

Yes. I did notice that, too.

You know, after about 1000 times faking that he driving to the basket, I don't think anyone is biting anymore.

LEONARD
05-09-2007, 09:25 AM
I love this forum...

Bruno
05-09-2007, 09:27 AM
I love this forum...

And this forum doesn't love you.

sabar
05-09-2007, 09:28 AM
Of course Manu has to be called out, he's pulling a Dirk out there. If we just keep saying "he'll step up next game", we'll be fishing with the Mavs, just like how they had blind faith in Dirk to magically "step up".

LEONARD
05-09-2007, 09:43 AM
And this forum doesn't love you.

:downspin: :elephant :clap :ihit :hat :smokin :drunk :donkey

Duncanoypi
05-09-2007, 10:02 AM
Alright!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!spurs fans...

time to change the avatar....its Manu Gonoooooooooooooobli time....

Martin R
05-09-2007, 10:20 AM
why so much buzz for a reserve player?

powerpower
05-09-2007, 10:29 AM
why so much buzz for a reserve player?

he won't be one on saturday

2centsworth
05-09-2007, 10:36 AM
I'm one of the biggest supporters of Manu on this board. Even though I know I'm going to feed the haters, Manu has been playing like garbage compared to his standards.

Manu's Girl
05-09-2007, 10:42 AM
give him a break all of them looked tired.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-09-2007, 10:46 AM
whats new? dumb ass spurs fans throwing their players under the bus because they have no fucking faith. More than half of the posters here will be chanting Manu's name and singing his praises the next time he has a good game. Pathetic.

LEONARD
05-09-2007, 10:50 AM
whats new? dumb ass spurs fans throwing their players under the bus because they have no fucking faith. More than half of the posters here will be chanting Manu's name and singing his praises the next time he has a good game. Pathetic.

ouch

Mr. Body
05-09-2007, 10:52 AM

Looking forward to it. Manu, do your part!

dreamcastrocks
05-09-2007, 10:53 AM
he won't be one on saturday

Does it really matter if he starts or not? Maybe it does for Manu psychologically, but it shouldn't. He should be tougher mentally. He is still getting 30 minutes per. There is no excuse for a player that has traditionally torched the Suns to play like crap 4 of the 5 games this year.

As a Suns fan, I'm glad that he isn't playing well. Now you guys get to feel how we have felt with Marion in the playoffs time and time again.

MadDog73
05-09-2007, 10:54 AM
ouch

Not really. If you knew anything about these boards, it's par for the course.

Spurs lose = Fire Pop, blow up the team.

Spurs win = We're a Dynasty ready to happen.

It's just the way fans are. We have absolutely no control over the outcome of the games, so coming and venting here is a way to "play pretend."

MaNuMaNiAc
05-09-2007, 11:07 AM
I'm not saying Manu has been playing well, but the amount of overreacting going on in this forum after every loss is ridiculous. If it isn't Manu, its Tony, or Barry or anyone else. Its business as usual in this forum I guess

baseline bum
05-09-2007, 11:15 AM

You're right. Manu, keep taking step back jumpers. Don't worry about attacking the basket. Don't do any of the things you've done in the past to take this team to victory. If Dirk Nowitzki can win an MVP shooting jumpshots, then why play with any aggression?

smeagol
05-09-2007, 11:17 AM
Manu is playing like shit and fans are stupid.

That is the bottom line.

baseline bum
05-09-2007, 11:22 AM
Does everyone here realize that Manu is shooting 32.5% in the playoffs? This isn't some knee-jerk reaction to one game. We're talking 7 playoff games. 25% from the three-point line. He's flat out not getting it done, and he better show the fuck up, and quit pulling a Dirk.

LEONARD
05-09-2007, 11:24 AM
Not really. If you knew anything about these boards, it's par for the course.

Spurs lose = Fire Pop, blow up the team.

Spurs win = We're a Dynasty ready to happen.

It's just the way fans are. We have absolutely no control over the outcome of the games, so coming and venting here is a way to "play pretend."

I know it's par for the course here...it's great :)

wildbill2u
05-09-2007, 11:56 AM
I agree, if i were the Suns i'd focus on him with this lineup. Leave Vauhn open for a jumper.
I don't think Manu is as effective against a good team without at least one other member of the Big Three on the court with him. The court time is going to have to be adjusted by Pop to make him the Manu we know and love.

That lineup in particular isn't going to scare anyone or open up the floor so he can MANUever like he normally does.

powerpower
05-09-2007, 12:40 PM
Just Start Manuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

He Will Wake Uppppp

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-09-2007, 12:57 PM
parker jumper is much better each year

ducks, I never said it wasn't. But Parker's jumper is a lot like Manu's - they've got to get a rhythm going before it becomes reliable in a game.

Neither one got easy buckets to start out with and they never got on track shooting the ball.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-09-2007, 01:05 PM
BTW, his play is all because I changed my avatar to Buckets. I'm going to go change it back now :lol

ducks
05-09-2007, 02:03 PM
Does everyone here realize that Manu is shooting 32.5% in the playoffs? This isn't some knee-jerk reaction to one game. We're talking 7 playoff games. 25% from the three-point line. He's flat out not getting it done, and he better show the fuck up, and quit pulling a Dirk.
good post

ArgSpursFan
05-09-2007, 03:14 PM
Shit,I canīt belive some posters here dare to compare Manu with Dirk.
Most haters here are just showing that they are no more tham Bandwaggoners.
I bet you,all of you Manuīs haters, that in 2005 when he was the only one getting things done in the playoffs,while Duncan and Parker were having Horrendous games,you loved this guy more tham your own perents.How Ironic is life for Crist sake.

nkdlunch
05-09-2007, 03:17 PM

I would recommend you watch the games. Manu has been playing like complete shit. Spurs fans have the right to call him out.

you know why we call him out? because we remember what he did in 2005. you must have short memory.

nkdlunch
05-09-2007, 03:18 PM
You're right. Manu, keep taking step back jumpers. Don't worry about attacking the basket. Don't do any of the things you've done in the past to take this team to victory. If Dirk Nowitzki can win an MVP shooting jumpshots, then why play with any aggression?

LMAO

nkdlunch
05-09-2007, 03:19 PM

:tu

2centsworth
05-09-2007, 04:16 PM
If Manu doesn't step-up all of Argentina will be disgraced.

nkdlunch
05-09-2007, 04:36 PM
that's where u wrong. Argentina dont' give a crap about basketball.

that + Manu will come through. beleive it

v2freak
05-09-2007, 04:56 PM
I must be the only one who thinks he's not playing badly. Since when does he have to score to affect a game's outcome? He's been active in the passing lanes stealing balls, he's been rebounding like crazy and he's been feeding Duncan down low. Does Duncan get 33 without good feeds? NOPE

ginobili fan
05-09-2007, 05:05 PM
I also agree Manu isn't playing horrendous right now either. He isn't shooting well but he is getting his teammates involved and doing his best when he is out the floor. So his shot is way off, at least he contributes in other ways. Give him a break people, it's not like he is a zombie when he is out on the floor.

yeah you're right.
And I'm sure he 'll get soon a 20,25 points game believe me.(probablt on next game).
Tony just had an off night and then h will be back.
I PREDICT THE SPURS GOING ON 3-1. :toast

cherylsteele
05-09-2007, 05:08 PM
Yes, Manu is struggling with his shot, But I have faith in him just like I have faith in the Spurs team as a whole. It seems to me that teams in these playoffs are keying more on Manu than in years past, maybe that has something to do with it too.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-09-2007, 05:11 PM
I still have faith. It's all about patience.

Manu's just adding to the suspense though. There's only 5 potential games left to be played for this series! :lol

LaMarcus Bryant
05-09-2007, 05:35 PM
He is steadily ruining his legacy as a Spur.

mookie2001
05-09-2007, 07:05 PM
I'm not saying Manu has been playing well, but the amount of overreacting going on in this forum after every loss is ridiculous. If it isn't Manu, its Tony, or Barry or anyone else. Its business as usual in this forum I guesswhats that mean? this is the playoffs, people remember one year, HIS CAREER depends on it, quit apologizing, manu went from being the second best player on our team to the worst player in the rotation who needs to be benched for sake of the team

in case you havent noticed the spurs arent a very good team when manu plays like shit

and his 7 07 playoff games, combined with what he did in game 7 vs the mavs, have totally fucked the spurs over

Kobulingam
05-09-2007, 07:10 PM
If Spurs lose to Suns and Manu pulls a Dirk, that would be 2 championships ruined by Manu. This evens out the other two he helped win. So he'd be even.

mookie2001
05-09-2007, 07:13 PM
his contributions in 03 were overrated, he helped but we all remember how inconsistant manu was, he played like 2 minutes at a time

Cherry
05-09-2007, 11:17 PM
his contributions in 03 were overrated, he helped but we all remember how inconsistant manu was, he played like 2 minutes at a time

Of course, because you can do it better :rolleyes

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-09-2007, 11:22 PM
This thread is treading fair weather territory.

Get your apologies ready, because you may be possibly eating crow after game 3. :drunk

Manu Pacquiao
05-10-2007, 06:34 AM
I never knew the "real" spurs fans were so savage and unforgiving to their players when they dont play as their high standards expect him to.

Its kinda a downer. Maybe we should cut back on the negative remarks and start boosting up the struggling guy. :(

powerpower
05-10-2007, 06:36 AM
Vale Manu

Just don't get hurt! Raja bell scares me...horrible:(

MANUUUUU SHow him who's he dealing with """SUPERMANU""" :toast

2centsworth
05-10-2007, 09:56 AM
back to ridiculous.

conversekid
05-10-2007, 10:48 AM
the suns defense keyed more on parker in game 2... can't use that as an excuse for manu. he's playing ok defense... but he is in no way having his normal affect on the game. it's not bashing to point out a player is not doing well.

SAGambler
05-10-2007, 12:24 PM
the suns defense keyed more on parker in game 2... can't use that as an excuse for manu. he's playing ok defense... but he is in no way having his normal affect on the game. it's not bashing to point out a player is not doing well.

I think the title of this thread was Manu = Manure.....

Now how is that "not" bashing and just pointing out that he isn't scoring 40 points a game?

You people are fuckin morons.

Manu still 2nd best rebounder and assist man, and some idiots want him benched just because he isn't putting up a shitload of points.

Yeah, bench Manu and give Vaughn his minutes......

That would make them play better.

sabar
05-10-2007, 01:13 PM
I like Manu as much as anyone but you can't say it's acceptable because he is rebounding and dishing assists. The Spurs can't win with 2 scorers on their team. What do we expect, for Duncan and Parker to combine for 60+ every night because Manu isn't stepping up? Then look what happened when Parker bombed, we had one scorer, Duncan.

As cool as it would be to have Duncan unload 50 points and still lose a game by 20, I think It'd be better to have Manu man up, because there is no one else aside from a Finley and a streaky Horry.

J.T.
05-10-2007, 01:16 PM
He is steadily ruining his legacy as a Spur.

He already ruined it in Game 7 last year.

MavericksDynasty
05-10-2007, 01:17 PM
I think you guys are being a little hard on Manu. For what it's worth, I think Ginobili is slightly better than Rolando Blackman today. In his prime, Blackman beats Ginobili by a mile, but if I had to choose a guy to roll out at shooting guard for tonite's game against Phoenix, it's a close call, basically a tossup, but I give a slight edge to Manu over a 47 year old Blackman. But there's no question Blackman in his prime was 20 times the player Ginobili is.

http://www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/img/05-06/0530blackman.jpg

MavericksDynasty
05-10-2007, 01:23 PM
Everyone wants Manu to Score especially Manu himself. But to say that he is playing like shit because his shot isn't falling is way off. He is still contributing period!

Hey Mookie you dumbass stop bring up the stupid Mavs game It was Manu that brought the Spurs back from the 20 point half time deficit yeah he lead the comeback!!!!. He also put them up by 3 points. The free throw only tied the game, and the Spurs had a chance to win the game in regulation and overtime. So stop saying he ruined the series. If he didn't average his 22 points against Dallas there wouldn't be a game 7 either;and he and Duncan both played injured!

That three-pointer Manu hit was a fluke because Terry had doubled Duncan and gave him a free look. The real Manu is the guy that committed the foul on Dirk. Manu is overrated. Dallas just beat the Spurs last year like they were supposed to, because they're simply much better than San Antonio. For it to even go seven games was a fluke because we should've wrapped it up in four.

SAGambler
05-10-2007, 01:28 PM
Everyone wants Manu to Score especially Manu himself. But to say that he is playing like shit because his shot isn't falling is way off. He is still contributing period!

Hey Morons stop bringing up the stupid Mavs game It was Manu that brought the Spurs back from the 20 point half time deficit yeah he lead the comeback!!!!. He also put them up by 3 points. The free throw only tied the game, and the Spurs had a chance to win the game in regulation and overtime. So stop saying he ruined the series. If he didn't average his 22 points against Dallas there wouldn't be a game 7 either;and he and Duncan both played injured!

How soon they forget that without the effort from Manu, the Spurs would never have been in a position to win game 7 in the first place.

How loud would they all scream if Pop did bench him?

Never seen so many fair weather fans in one place.

I still think Manu has a big (if not huge) game coming.

Then we will see them change their tune.

SAGambler
05-10-2007, 01:30 PM
That three-pointer Manu hit was a fluke because Terry had doubled Duncan and gave him a free look. The real Manu is the guy that committed the foul on Dirk. Manu is overrated. Dallas just beat the Spurs last year like they were supposed to, because they're simply much better than San Antonio. For it to even go seven games was a fluke because we should've wrapped it up in four.

How many "flukes" do you get before it becomes a pattern?

Miami in 06.....
Golden State in 07......
What will the "fluke" excuse be next year when Dallas doesn't win it all?

MavericksDynasty
05-10-2007, 01:36 PM
How many "flukes" do you get before it becomes a pattern?

Miami in 06.....
Golden State in 07......
What will the "fluke" excuse be next year when Dallas doesn't win it all?

Everybody knows that the Mavericks were the real champs last year and this year but Stern will never let them have the trophy so he pays off the refs to cause them to "lose." Cuban has pissed him off too much.

GrandeDavid
05-10-2007, 02:03 PM
Everybody knows that the Mavericks were the real champs last year and this year but Stern will never let them have the trophy so he pays off the refs to cause them to "lose." Cuban has pissed him off too much.

I do know that! The Mavs always get screwed. I feel bad for their terrific fans.

MavericksDynasty
05-10-2007, 02:05 PM
I do know that! The Mavs always get screwed. I feel bad for their terrific fans.

Exactly. Fuck Jack Nicholson sitting courtside at Staples. Our fans are better.

http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/uploads/david_drunk2.jpg

GrandeDavid
05-10-2007, 02:06 PM
I think you guys are being a little hard on Manu. For what it's worth, I think Ginobili is slightly better than Rolando Blackman today. In his prime, Blackman beats Ginobili by a mile, but if I had to choose a guy to roll out at shooting guard for tonite's game against Phoenix, it's a close call, basically a tossup, but I give a slight edge to Manu over a 47 year old Blackman. But there's no question Blackman in his prime was 20 times the player Ginobili is.

http://www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/img/05-06/0530blackman.jpg

Wasn't Blackman that crack smoking letdown failure from the 80s? I do know that Manu has more World, Olympic and NBA (2, soon 3) than Blackman ever had.

MavericksDynasty
05-10-2007, 02:09 PM
Wasn't Blackman that crack smoking letdown failure from the 80s? I do know that Manu has more World, Olympic and NBA (2, soon 3) than Blackman ever had.

You're thinking of Tarpley. He was set up by Stern, who hated the Mavericks even back then.

Oh, Gee!!
05-10-2007, 03:00 PM
Manure really isn't that bad. You have a "Ma" and a "Newer."

The_Worlds_finest
05-10-2007, 03:05 PM
Should his name be changed too Sampson?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-10-2007, 07:39 PM
Manure really isn't that bad. You have a "Ma" and a "Newer.":lol
What, you think I'm doing material here?

GrandeDavid
05-10-2007, 08:02 PM
You're thinking of Tarpley. He was set up by Stern, who hated the Mavericks even back then.

:lol

carrecaminos
05-11-2007, 10:56 AM
I love this forum...

Yeah, full of bandwagoners.

What a shame.

A Ponies fan love this forum, wow. Good job on kicking your players when they are down.

Manu Pacquiao
05-11-2007, 11:57 AM
I think overall, Spurs fans are great and loyal, but Ive discovered some online Spurs fans really suck. Ive been on boxing forums, and the worst people there at least stick to their favorite fighter till the end. They dont jump ship at the first sign of trouble. Some here are so mean and they think theyre perfect.

The team plays their guts out for all the fans, and when some fans disown and mock them for not playing perfect basketball all the time, It leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Positive reinforcement please. :clap

ducks
05-11-2007, 12:00 PM
spurs did not play their guts out last game
all 5 of them on their court did not go all out

Findog
05-11-2007, 12:07 PM
Yeah, full of bandwagoners.

What a shame.

A Ponies fan love this forum, wow. Good job on kicking your players when they are down.

I love this forum too, but that has nothing to do with not sticking by my team. The signal to noise ratio here is pretty good, and I get to talk X's and O's here more than I do on some Mavs messageboards. I could do without the juvenile "The sports team from my area is superior to the sports team from your area" kiddie crap.

And FWIW, I'm disappointed and hurt at what happened to the Mavs, but these is better days than 11-71. If I can get through that, I can get through this.

Manu Pacquiao
05-11-2007, 12:13 PM
Well,sure. But someone here said if the Spurs lose this series because Manu played so horrible, he'd already erased all the great things he's contributed to the franchise. (he wont be remembered as a good spurs player antmore)

Its great to have passion and fervor for your team, but sometimes you got to take stuff easy. We got one of the best teams the last 7-8 years straight. You gotta be proud of that.

I think everyone will appreciate this team more when it has ended their run, and were back to the middle of hte road teams again. This has been a great run. Maybe they got maybe 4-5 years of primetime play left. Enjoy it now, and lets not be overly critical.

nkdlunch
05-11-2007, 12:20 PM
lets not be overly critical.

usually fans of a championship team HAVE to be overly critical. I beleive we still have a team that can win it all, so if I see Manu is psychologically not completely in the game, I will call him out.

If I truly beleived we don't have a chance to win it all, I would not even bother being overly critical.

2centsworth
05-11-2007, 12:26 PM
I think overall, Spurs fans are great and loyal, but Ive discovered some online Spurs fans really suck. Ive been on boxing forums, and the worst people there at least stick to their favorite fighter till the end. They dont jump ship at the first sign of trouble. Some here are so mean and they think theyre perfect.

The team plays their guts out for all the fans, and when some fans disown and mock them for not playing perfect basketball all the time, It leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Positive reinforcement please. :clap

here's a quick boxing analogy of Manu's situation. Do you remember when Chavez fought Meldrick Taylor and Chavez sucked for 9 rounds. Well Chavez's manager kept yelling at Chavez "For the love of your children and your country, please fight like a man".

That's all Manu fans are saying, fight like a man, ball up and stop being a freakin puss.

Doesn't mean we're banwagon fans, or we don't like Manu. On the contrary, I'm a huge freakin fan of the guy. But any self respecting Latino would not go down without a fight.

Manu Pacquiao
05-11-2007, 12:32 PM
Maybe im just not used to all this intensity. Im not from the US and where I come from, our favorite team gets full support when theyre contenders and when they stink. All negative stuff is directed to the arch rival team (Paper fans, water bottles, coins) :lol

But seriously, here in asia, were kinda easy going and forgiving even to our weakest players' bonehead plays. We just HAAATE the other team so much.

I thought only the Knicks fans openly voice out their honest opinions to their team, in their face. I guess its America. Different culture. :)

smeagol
05-11-2007, 12:34 PM
Manu will not go down without a fight.

Book it!

2centsworth
05-11-2007, 12:43 PM
Maybe im just not used to all this intensity. Im not from the US and where I come from, our favorite team gets full support when theyre contenders and when they stink. All negative stuff is directed to the arch rival team (Paper fans, water bottles, coins) :lol

But seriously, here in asia, were kinda easy going and forgiving even to our weakest players' bonehead plays. We just HAAATE the other team so much.

I thought only the Knicks fans openly voice out their honest opinions to their team, in their face. I guess its America. Different culture. :)
I'm telling you from a Latino perspective. For the love of Argentina and for Latinos everywhere, fight to the death or forever be known as a weak minded individual.

Manu Pacquiao
05-11-2007, 12:58 PM
I kinda see your point. In the 2005 playoffs he looked like an argentinian pinball. crashing on a couple of defenders.. and one.

Maybe he hasnt got a lot of off season rest and recuperation for 3-4 years straight already because of his commitment to their national team.

The spurs can still do well without him having a super game. I just hope our centers and back up centers can hold their own vs the opposition.

Is it me or is this years center lineup one of our weakest in some time?

jag
05-11-2007, 02:31 PM

nicely done, everyone here wants to jump from bandwagon to bandwagon, if tim has a bad game you'll see "he's getting to old, he's lost it" threads. this shit is weak

baseline bum
05-12-2007, 10:00 PM
That's the Manu Ginobili we all know! He came in and completely changed the game in the second quarter, and brought the energy this team was not showing in the first. When Manu and TP are attacking the basket, this team is real tough to beat. Way to respond tonight!

MaNuMaNiAc
05-12-2007, 10:02 PM
That's the Manu Ginobili we all know! He came in and completely changed the game in the second quarter, and brought the energy this team was not showing in the first. When Manu and TP are attacking the basket, this team is real tough to beat. Way to respond tonight!back on the mans nuts I see...

timvp
05-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Props to BBum for going to extreme measures to break the slump.

baseline bum
05-12-2007, 10:25 PM
Sweet the last time this pic was busted out, Manu had a career series against the Suns.

:lol :toast

Capt Bringdown
05-12-2007, 10:44 PM
Manu wasn't getting it done until some brave posters here on SpursTalk took him to task, that's a fact.

hater
05-12-2007, 10:48 PM
Manu owned Spurstalk

carrecaminos
05-12-2007, 11:00 PM
Eat this manure, haters.

Kill'em Manu, you are da man.

E20
05-12-2007, 11:03 PM
Baseline are you ready and willing to eat your crow? :lol

MaNuMaNiAc
05-12-2007, 11:08 PM
Manu wasn't getting it done until some brave posters here on SpursTalk took him to task, that's a fact.I see, so brave is the word? :rolleyes

carrecaminos
05-12-2007, 11:16 PM
Manu wasn't getting it done until some brave posters here on SpursTalk took him to task, that's a fact.

OK
:rolleyes

ArgSpursFan
05-13-2007, 01:25 PM
Shit,I canīt belive some posters here dare to compare Manu with Dirk.
Most haters here are just showing that they are no more tham Bandwaggoners.
I bet you,all of you Manuīs haters, that in 2005 when he was the only one getting things done in the playoffs,while Duncan and Parker were having Horrendous games,you loved this guy more tham your own perents.How Ironic is life for Crist sake.

BUMP!
Now;I wanna see all the bandwaggoners sucking Manus Co**.

Das Texan
06-19-2013, 01:27 AM
Bump

Shabazz
06-19-2013, 01:28 AM
Played 35 minutes tonight and the Spurs were -21 with him on the floor.

-21 and the game was decided by 3 points. Sit his ass half the game, cut out half his turnovers, and this is an easy win.