Barry can eat shit.

gospursgojas
05-09-2007, 12:47 AM
When's his contract up?

I think it ended when the playoffs started
:spin

MannyIsGod
05-09-2007, 12:47 AM
Yeah, he was the guy getting blocked under the basket in the fourth then jacking up a stupid 3 on the next possesion.

Dingle Barry
05-09-2007, 12:49 AM
He reminds me of Danny Ferry circa 2001 with three fewer testicles.

Matrix Marion
05-09-2007, 12:50 AM
yeah he was great :clap

jaespur21
05-09-2007, 12:51 AM
Hate On Barry he will hit a shot sometime BItches

gospursgojas
05-09-2007, 12:52 AM

Hope so

baseline bum
05-09-2007, 12:52 AM
Yeah, he was the guy getting blocked under the basket in the fourth then jacking up a stupid 3 on the next possesion.

Barry has to jack up threes. That's his job, and I'd much rather see him miss threes than pass them up. The only Spur I want to see passing up open shots is Vaughn.

MannyIsGod
05-09-2007, 12:53 AM
Barry has to jack up threes. That's his job, and I'd much rather see him miss threes than pass them up. The only Spur I want to see passing up open shots is Vaughn.Oh I love Barry just letting them fly, but the 3 he took in the after he got blocked was out of rythmn and generally a bad fucking shot.

Marcus Bryant
05-09-2007, 12:58 AM
Oh I love Barry just letting them fly, but the 3 he took in the after he got blocked was out of rythmn and generally a bad fucking shot.

Unfortunately Barry isn't that good cold.

MannyIsGod
05-09-2007, 12:59 AM
Barry's going to be the odd man out. Bruce Manu and Finley are going to get the lionshare of the minutes at these 2 swing spots.

Matrix Marion
05-09-2007, 01:01 AM
Barry's going to be the odd man out. Bruce Manu and Finley are going to get the lionshare of the minutes at these 2 swing spots.
you dont know what the coach is going to do so :stfu

mattyc
05-09-2007, 01:02 AM
He needs to hit more than one.

THE SIXTH MAN
05-09-2007, 01:03 AM
you dont know what the coach is going to do so :stfu
:lol n00b.

Marcus Bryant
05-09-2007, 01:04 AM

Barry needs some run in this series. As bad as Vaughn has played so far, giving his minutes to Manu and working in Barry might be the way to go.

Matrix Marion
05-09-2007, 01:04 AM
:nerd
:lol n00b.

THE SIXTH MAN
05-09-2007, 03:08 AM
Barry struggling to find groove in playoffs

Web Posted: 05/09/2007 01:50 AM CDT

Mike Monroe
Express-News

PHOENIX — When the Spurs faced the Suns in the Western Conference finals two years ago, Brent Barry was a key contributor off the bench, especially in the Spurs' Game 1 victory.
Barry scored 21 points in that game, a stark contrast to his Game 1 outing in the Western Conference semifinal series this year, when he was scoreless in eight minutes, missing the only shot he attempted.

Barry, who started 28 games this season, has played only 65 minutes and scored only nine points in the first seven playoff games.

He was on the court after practice Monday, playing in a 3-on-3 game with Matt Bonner, James White, Melvin Ely, Jackie Butler and Beno Udrih, none of whom were starters at any point this season.

"Yeah, sure, I'm just doing whatever I can to stay ready," Barry said before Game 2. "I just want to contribute. It always happens this time of year. You constrict the rotation, and when you're out of it, you try to find a way to get into it, and if you're in it, you want to contribute when you play."

The toughest part of sitting so much: Finding his shooter's rhythm.

"It's like going to the dance club," Barry said. "Sometimes it takes until the third song before you're really in a good groove. They play a Bee Gees song, and that just doesn't do it. Then it's KC & the Sunshine Band, and it gets your toes tapping, and then they come with Earth, Wind & Fire, singing 'Remember, it was the 21st day of September ...' and you're just up and dancing."

timvp
05-09-2007, 03:11 AM
"Yeah, sure, I'm just doing whatever I can to stay ready," Barry said before Game 2. "I just want to contribute. It always happens this time of year. You constrict the rotation, and when you're out of it, you try to find a way to get into it, and if you're in it, you want to contribute when you play."

"It's like going to the dance club," Barry said. "Sometimes it takes until the third song before you're really in a good groove. They play a Bee Gees song, and that just doesn't do it. Then it's KC & the Sunshine Band, and it gets your toes tapping, and then they come with Earth, Wind & Fire, singing 'Remember, it was the 21st day of September ...' and you're just up and dancing."

Well, at least he still has his humor.

whottt
05-09-2007, 12:24 PM
Pop cuts minutes = TimVP hates

Seriously though...

Barry needs some minutes against Raja Bell...early.

T Park
05-09-2007, 12:25 PM
Barry defending Raja Bell?

That would be a clusterfuck waiting to happen.

whottt
05-09-2007, 12:28 PM
Barry plays much much better when he gets knocked around, fact...Bell will do that.

He doesn't like being mishandled....

SpursFanFirst
05-09-2007, 12:30 PM
Barry struggling to find groove in playoffs

Web Posted: 05/09/2007 01:50 AM CDT

Mike Monroe
Express-News

PHOENIX — When the Spurs faced the Suns in the Western Conference finals two years ago, Brent Barry was a key contributor off the bench, especially in the Spurs' Game 1 victory.
Barry scored 21 points in that game, a stark contrast to his Game 1 outing in the Western Conference semifinal series this year, when he was scoreless in eight minutes, missing the only shot he attempted.

Barry, who started 28 games this season, has played only 65 minutes and scored only nine points in the first seven playoff games.

He was on the court after practice Monday, playing in a 3-on-3 game with Matt Bonner, James White, Melvin Ely, Jackie Butler and Beno Udrih, none of whom were starters at any point this season.

:lmao that's funny stuff!

cherylsteele
05-09-2007, 12:31 PM
Barry plays much much better when he gets knocked around, fact...Bell will do that.

He doesn't like being mishandled....
Signed,
Avery Johnson

jman3000
05-09-2007, 12:32 PM
i remember him shooting a 3 that would have cut the lead from 7 to 4 and missing it badly... after that shot the floodgates opened and phoenix quickly built a 14 point lead. pretty crucial miss if you ask me.

J21
05-09-2007, 12:32 PM
if your threaten to trade him thats when he starts hitting 3's to bad its to late for that!

Que Gee
05-09-2007, 12:33 PM

They were already down 19pts when that happened with about 4 and half minutes left. Who fucking cares. I find it hilarious people expect a guy who has literally been sitting on the bench for about a month now to come in and just nail three after three.

Pop has fucked himself again this year just like he did last year in the playoffs. He stuck with a shitty NVE instead of building on Beno's previous year, which left the Spurs with no one to back up Tony. Now again this year, he has a shitty Jacque Vaughn, and I don't care what anyone says about his defense, he sucks, but he has buried Barry on the bench for 4 weeks now for no fucking reason, and he buried Beno on the bench months ago...which is unfortunate because he had a great game in Portland that Pop could have tried to build on but didn't. Barry is a better shoot, passer, and just as good a ball handler has Vaughn, but its not going to happen coming in and playing 7 minutes a game. And yes, Barry played 15min last night, but 9 of those were in garbage time already down 20 with Beno, Bonner, Fab, etc...Now, they are back to the same place they were last year. No back up for Tony...

zocool16
05-09-2007, 12:34 PM
Barry is the culprit of some timely Finley-playing-very-well syndrome

whottt
05-09-2007, 12:36 PM
False...

Finley pulled a Finley like he has been pulling for 15 years in the league...

Just good enough to be on the court to let you down when it matters most...and jacking up an assload of shots while he's doing it.

whottt
05-09-2007, 12:37 PM
We won a title with Barry being the main guy off the bench...

That's not true with Finley...

Finley's never won a title...not even when he was playing alongside a couple of MVP's in Dirk and Nash.

Que Gee
05-09-2007, 12:38 PM
We won a title with Barry being the main guy off the bench...

That's not true with Finley...

Finley's never won a title...not even when he was playing alongside a couple of MVP's in Dirk and Nash.

Even more importantly, we won the title with Barry being the primary back up point guard in games 6 and 7 after Beno faultered.

whottt
05-09-2007, 12:40 PM
Yeap...good thing Devin got injured or we don't win a title that year either...

baseline bum
05-09-2007, 12:42 PM
I'm fine with Barry playing the backup point as long as Barbosa and Nash aren't on the floor together and one of Bowen or Parker is on Nash/Barbosa. Match Brent on Raja Bell, and tell him to never leave him at the arc.

whottt
05-09-2007, 12:46 PM
I just hope Bell cleans his clock....

T Park
05-09-2007, 12:50 PM
whens the last time Brent Barry scored 26 in a clinching game in the playoffs?

whottt
05-09-2007, 01:01 PM
When was the last time Finley played on a championship team?

The Mave cut him and reached the finals...and beat us, with him.

Que Gee
05-09-2007, 03:47 PM
Its always all about the points. I've never seen so many stat jockeys and box score analysts than are in this forum.

J.T.
05-09-2007, 03:48 PM
These Suns trolls are fucking lame.

theroc5
05-09-2007, 03:49 PM
he should be our back up point guard and limit vaughn..we should start manu and bring finely off the bench. And then we should play more bonner and horry.

sa_butta
05-09-2007, 04:32 PM
he should be our back up point guard and limit vaughn..we should start manu and bring finely off the bench. And then we should play more bonner and horry.Bonner is a defensive liability, who will he guard? Plus he doesnt have the system as well as the others. That is why he will see little to no action.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-09-2007, 05:53 PM
He reminds me of Danny Ferry circa 2001 with three fewer testicles.

Danny knew his role and played it well. The only real similarity I see between the two is that they're both white guys on the downside of their bball careers.

timvp
05-09-2007, 08:00 PM
Good to see whottt and Que Gee still on the Barry bandwagon.

Beaverfuzz
05-09-2007, 08:31 PM
Barry will have his game in this series....15+ points.

Bank on it

v2freak
05-09-2007, 10:09 PM
It's hard to do well when you rarely touch the ball on offense and get limited minutes.

E20
05-09-2007, 10:14 PM
I still like Barry and on his wagon, my points have already been made by above posters and I'm pretty sure with some more time on the court his shot will get there.

Que Gee
05-10-2007, 12:34 AM
It's hard to do well when you rarely touch the ball on offense and get limited minutes.

Exactly...that and you play in two minute stretchs.