PDA

View Full Version : Should Pop shorten the rotation

jcrod
05-09-2007, 01:00 AM
I think Pop is playing too many players.

This is the playoffs, we need the best out there playing at least 40 minutes.

I think he should take Elson out of the rotation and start Horry for at lest this series if not the rest of the playoffs.

Horry
> Oberto
TD

Bowen
>Barry
Finley
>Manu
TP

Unless foul trouble, nobody else should be playing.

dreamcastrocks
05-09-2007, 01:00 AM
I agree. Vaughn should not be seeing any PT at all for you guys.

T Park
05-09-2007, 01:01 AM
Horry can't handle starters minutes.

Marcus Bryant
05-09-2007, 01:02 AM
More Horry and Finley, less Elson and Vaughn. Barry I am on the fence about. He needs regular minutes before he's worthwhile.

jcrod
Bowen also isn't doing anyhing on Nash, he's getting burned. Why not just leave him on Marion and put TP on Nash.

Last time they played them before the playoffs they did at great job of clogging Nash and stealing his bounces passes. Why arent they doing the samething.

Marcus Bryant
Horry can't handle starters minutes.

This isn't February.

dreamcastrocks
05-09-2007, 01:04 AM
Bowen also isn't doing anyhing on Nash, he's getting burned. Why not just leave him on Marion and put TP on Nash.

Last time they played them before the playoffs they did at great job of clogging Nash and stealing his bounces passes. Why arent they doing the samething.

I agree. As a Suns fan though, I want him on Nash.

jcrod
05-09-2007, 01:05 AM
Exactly, there arent going to be back to backs. We needs to see more minutes from the main three. No need to see Vaughn dumping it off to Duncan and standing there. We need Finley/Barry/Horry dumping it off and spotting for a three.

Vaughn and Elson won't give us anything is this series.

baseline bum
The Spurs cannot win a title playing their starting 5 40+ minutes every night... it's one of the main reasons Horry's play is so critical to this team's success.

THE SIXTH MAN
This isn't February.
Well not just that, but our next game isn't until Saturday. :pctoss

mattyc
05-09-2007, 01:06 AM
More Horry and Finley, less Elson and Vaughn.
Yes and yes.

ploto
05-09-2007, 01:08 AM
More Horry and Finley, less Elson and Vaughn.
Finley is playing 32 MPG already (36 in game1).

How much less Elson and Vaughn do you want-- they each played less than 10 minutes tonight outside garbage time at the end. Who plays PG? Beno or Barry?

T Park
05-09-2007, 01:08 AM
You can say well theres no back to backs and whatever.

Hes too old to play 30 plus minutes.

period.

Marcus Bryant
05-09-2007, 01:10 AM
Finley is playing 32 MPG already.

How much less Elson and Vaughn do you want-- they each played less than 10 minutes tonight outside garbage time at the end. Who plays PG? Beno or Barry?

Horry takes a chunk of Elson's minutes and Barry gets Vaughn's. Let Manu or Barry see some time at point now to work that out. No Beno, Vaughn, or Elson. They aren't ready for prime time.

Marcus Bryant
05-09-2007, 01:11 AM
Finley's hurt so that throws a wrinkle in the game plan (but should give Barry some PT).

ploto
05-09-2007, 01:14 AM
So Pop should play Barry some at PG... Really??

Marcus Bryant
05-09-2007, 01:15 AM
So Pop should play Barry some at PG... Really??

Would Barry be worse than what Vaughn put on the court in Games 1 & 2?

cly2tw
05-09-2007, 01:18 AM
The problem for you guys is that both Finley and Horry are old legs. It's no wonder the Suns made their runs in the second half. You guys defended Nash and the Suns perfectly in the 1st qtr, but I believe it's just impossible to keep this through whole game.

And with Amare freed from defending Duncan, he had enough energy to score in the 2nd half, unlike in Game 1 when he missed layups late in the game. It's gonna be tough.

DDS4
05-09-2007, 01:21 AM
Barry can play backup PG as long as Manu is in there at the same time.

Manu and Tony are the only 2 that can consistently collapse the Suns defense and open up shooters.

DDS4
05-09-2007, 01:24 AM
The problem for you guys is that both Finley and Horry are old legs. It's no wonder the Suns made their runs in the second half. You guys defended Nash and the Suns perfectly in the 1st qtr, but I believe it's just impossible to keep this through whole game.

And with Amare freed from defending Duncan, he had enough energy to score in the 2nd half, unlike in Game 1 when he missed layups late in the game. It's gonna be tough.

So Fin and Horry suddenly became old in 2 days? They didn't have that problem in game 1.

Spurs played like they were happy to get game 1. Suns played desperate and deserved to win. Plain and simple.

ploto
05-09-2007, 01:31 AM
Would Barry be worse than what Vaughn put on the court in Games 1 & 2?
Sorry I sholud have made it blue- or whatever the code is for sarcasm. People have lambasted me for saying Barry should have been playing back-up PG. :dizzy

jcrod
05-09-2007, 01:37 AM
Booner playing spot minutes to compenstate a tired Horry is better at this point. He also will stretch the defense and gives some need hustle and urgency.

I've been waiting for Elson to do something, but him and Vaughn at this point is painful to watch. Vaughn was hitting his jumpers in the Denver series, but here he looks scared and has no clue what to do. Elson blowing putbacks and dunks is beyond shitty.

Southwest Texas Fan
05-09-2007, 01:39 AM
Finley is playing 32 MPG already (36 in game1).

Barry and Manu could both handle the point.

Gaddabout
05-09-2007, 01:40 AM
Oof. If only the Spurs would substitute more. The Suns have been playing short-man rotation all year. They're physically ready to play those kind of minutes, so when the Spurs substitute, the Suns always seem to be in the right spot for a run.