PDA

View Full Version : Bench Jacque Vaughn and Francisco Elson.

Marcus Bryant
05-09-2007, 01:26 AM
The time has come. I lost track of the number of opportunities on the offensive end they've cost the team so far in this series. The Spurs are going to have to make do with Manu and/or Barry filling in for TP and the big rotation needs to be shortened. Tonight was the perfect game to give Horry heavy minutes. You have 3 days' off before Game 3. Instead Pop stuck with Elson way too long. Maybe it's nerves or maybe it's incompetence but he's not ready for prime time.Vaughn just kills the offense when he is on the court. His J is not a real threat and he can't make up for that off the dribble. You need another shooter and/or creator on the floor.

Matrix Marion
05-09-2007, 01:27 AM
no more threads :donkey

baseline bum
05-09-2007, 01:35 AM
I'm not at all excited about the prospect of Barry playing more minutes.

Marcus Bryant
05-09-2007, 01:36 AM
I'm not at all excited about the prospect of Barry playing more minutes.

Barry doesn't do well when he's been sitting for almost the 1st 3 quarters of the game. At this point having another shooter on the floor > Vaughn.

TDMVPDPOY
05-09-2007, 01:53 AM
i think its time to play bonner instead of fran

kris
05-09-2007, 01:59 AM
Francisco Elson's missed dunk was just gay. And Vaughn is a nice side column for score magazine, but this is the playoffs and he's going up against Steven Nash. Get real and cut him out of the rotation.

milkyway21
05-09-2007, 02:11 AM
The time has come. I lost track of the number of opportunities on the offensive end they've cost the team so far in this series. The Spurs are going to have to make do with Manu and/or Barry filling in for TP and the big rotation needs to be shortened. Tonight was the perfect game to give Horry heavy minutes. You have 3 days' off before Game 3. Instead Pop stuck with Elson way too long. Maybe it's nerves or maybe it's incompetence but he's not ready for prime time.Vaughn just kills the offense when he is on the court. His J is not a real threat and he can't make up for that off the dribble. You need another shooter and/or creator on the floor.

count me 100% behind on this move

timvp
05-09-2007, 02:19 AM
Putting Manu at backup point guard could solve some issues. If you force him to have the ball that much, there's absolutely no excuse for him not to show up.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-09-2007, 02:21 AM
why not give bonner elson's minutes and start horry?

Marcus Bryant
05-13-2007, 09:50 AM
Last night the game opened up when Pop went with TP/Barry/Bowen/Manu?/TD in the 3rd. The Suns' newfound defensive prowess (aka sag in the lane) works well when the Spurs have one threat to drive or shoot on the perimeter but when you have 3 the Suns can't pull that off, even with the single coverage on TD. Vaughn didn't do bad last night, but it's not a coincidence the Spurs took the game when Vaughn and Elson were sitting.

Obstructed_View
05-13-2007, 09:55 AM
Actually, Matt Bonner is the one they need to keep on the bench. The Spurs are 1-2 in games where he plays. He fucking sucks.

alamo50
05-13-2007, 10:26 AM
Let Elson shoot from the perimeter.
Seriously.