PDA

View Full Version : Exploding Cell Phones a Growing Problem

Spurgal
11-24-2004, 05:46 AM
Burns to the face, neck, leg and hip are among the dozens of injury reports the Consumer Product Safety Commission has received. The agency is providing tips for cell phone users to avoid such accidents and has stepped up oversight of the wireless industry. There have been three voluntary battery recalls, and the CPSC is working with companies to create better battery standards.

The commission has announced three battery recalls since January, one from Verizon Wireless and two from Kyocera Wireless Corp. Kyocera's first recall was blamed on a supplier whose standards had slipped. The other recalls were attributed to suppliers bringing counterfeits into distribution chains.

Kyocera, which recalled 1 million batteries last month, said it has changed vendors and doubled efforts to test its own batteries.

Carriers and manufacturers also are urging cellular users to exercise reasonable care of batteries, chargers and phones and to purchase them directly from phone companies rather than secondhand dealers or off the Internet.

Yonivore
11-24-2004, 01:08 PM
Terrorist plot.

iminlakerland
11-24-2004, 01:13 PM
Well about a month ago my battery exploded on me. I was changing for a professional meeting on campus in my friends car and as i got out to put my coat on my phone slipped and hit the floor.

I was so pissed my battery exploded and caught on fire. My dumbass friend picked up the phone and was like drop it its on fire. He puts it on the hood of his car im like u idiot no! I proceeded to remove my battery and saved my phone :) I can laugh about it now. I thought shit like that just happened to me.

Spurgal
11-25-2004, 08:42 AM
Terrorist plot.

You may be right! :lol