PDA

View Full Version : do you give any credits to the Eastern teams?

romain.star
05-09-2007, 06:41 AM
We're all paying attention to the Spurs games but i'd like to have your impressions on the Eastern Playoffs... Here's a forecast of the Eastern Conference Final: Detroit / Cleveland... Who's the hottest team right now? And has any of these teams a chance to win the NBA title?

ponky
05-09-2007, 06:49 AM
Detroit will win the ECF. Detroit will also be a lot fresher than any team coming out of the West which is a huge advantage for them. They have swept their first round opponent, could possibly get it done in five against the Bulls and will kill the Cavs in no more than five. If the Jazz get to the WCF, expect the team that plays them to be a bit banged up, that's just their style of play, doesn't matter how many games their opponent will have to play to get it done, that team will get played physical. I expect it will be the Spurs but too early to tell, Nash is hellbent on getting it done before he gets too old. Detroit will be fresh, they will have the experience they need to get it done, should be a good matchup, I can't believe idiots like Jack McCallum are counting them out. If for some reason the Spurs don't win, I can see the Pistons beating the Suns. They did it earlier in impressive fashion winning by more than 20 points in Phoenix and while the Suns won in Detroit this year, it was a close game without Billups. If the Spurs get to the Finals, right now I'd say each team has a 50-50 shot of winning the title, too early to call it for either team. The only thing I know for certain is that the Pistons will be in the Finals.

romain.star
05-09-2007, 06:56 AM
The only thing I know for certain is that the Pistons will be in the Finals.

Don't you remember last year Pistons - Cavs matchup? Was it for certain?

SpurForLife
05-09-2007, 07:17 AM

Don't allow yourself to be fooled by something like that. Last year they had a couple of guys banged up and don't think for a second they have forgotten how the playoffs ended. This is a much more focused team and I too don't see any team in the east standing a chance in knocking them off. Way too much balance on both sides of the ball for Detroit.

romain.star
05-09-2007, 07:27 AM
Don't allow yourself to be fooled by something like that.

Well, what if i wanted to be fooled by something like that?
i'd love to see a Spurs Cavs NBA finals...
First, because we'll be champions again
Second, because i'd love to see what Mister James could do in NBA Finals

JamStone
05-09-2007, 07:48 AM
I still think the Nets will win that series.

Pistons have a shot at winning the title. But, no more of a shot than any team out of the WC.

bdictjames
05-09-2007, 07:48 AM
Its Detroit v. Cleveland in the ECF. Detroit in 6 of course.

ponky
05-09-2007, 07:59 AM

Umm, you started the thread querying about eastern conference teams. If you want to bring last year into the equation, then yeah, I'd say an eastern conference team has a chance seeing as how nobody gave them a chance last season and a team from the east won the championship. Anyway, I think it's stupid to bring last year into the equation but if you want to be fooled by last year then be fooled by last year...Pistons will win the ECF, book it.

SAGambler
05-09-2007, 08:03 AM
We're all paying attention to the Spurs games but i'd like to have your impressions on the Eastern Playoffs... Here's a forecast of the Eastern Conference Final: Detroit / Cleveland... Who's the hottest team right now? And has any of these teams a chance to win the NBA title?

James is having a good run, but Detroit will shut him down in ECF and be in the Finals.

And yes, anyone that gets into the Finals has a chance to win the title.

Detroit has a lot of experience. No matter who plays them in the Finals, they will have all on their hands they want. Twill be no cakewalks for either the East or the West.

TampaDude
05-09-2007, 08:07 AM
It's gonna be 2005 all over again...Spurs and Pistons for the title.

samikeyp
05-09-2007, 08:12 AM
Detroit is scary good...they might just sweep their way into the Finals.

romain.star
05-09-2007, 08:15 AM
And yes, anyone that gets into the Finals has a chance to win the title.

What about the Knicks in 1999 or the Sixers in 2001 or the Nets in 2003?

SpurForLife
05-09-2007, 08:16 AM

???? What about them???

703 Spurz
05-09-2007, 09:28 AM
It's gonna be 2005 all over again...Spurs and Pistons for the title.

What the fuck man? All you were doing was crying your ass off in the game thread last night. Now the Spurs are going to the Finals?

TampaDude
05-09-2007, 05:54 PM
What the fuck man? All you were doing was crying your ass off in the game thread last night. Now the Spurs are going to the Finals?

Yup...I was pissed about that ONE GAME...I was too emotional in the heat of the moment...I've calmed down now...there's still a lot of basketball left to play...I still think the Spurs have the best chance of winning the Western Conference.

GO SPURS GO!!!

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-09-2007, 05:57 PM
Detroit is playing like a team that wants to make the Finals.

The only Western team that they would have a tough time beating is the Spurs.

Phoenix would get waxed by Detroit.

ponky
05-09-2007, 06:34 PM

knicks in 99?!?!??!! i know spurs fans would say that they would steamroll the knicks with or without ewing but the fact of the matter is, the knicks didn't have their franchise guy playing at all in that series so there is now snowball's chance in hell that they would've have an inkling of success without ewing

as for the sixers and the nets, apples and oranges....this pistons roster has won a very recent championship and if they play the spurs, they would still be familiar with that team (same with the spurs)...can't say the same for the nets and sixers.