PDA

View Full Version : Please dont panic.......We knew it would be a split

lebomb
05-09-2007, 07:26 AM
.........maybe most thought we would lose game #1 and win #2, but a split is a split.....and we should be happy. NOW after saying that......we cant have a split here in Saytown. We need to keep Phoenix from gaining back home court.....if at all possible. :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit

florige
05-09-2007, 07:33 AM
Not upset that we lost the game for I was impressed we were actually leading for a while. But these 20 point blowouts tend to bother me at times. Those kind of loses tend to give the other team loads of confidence. We must have really imploaded because I had to go to work after the 1st quarter, I chk the score late in the 4th and we are down 15. :depressed

bdictjames
05-09-2007, 07:46 AM
Not upset that we lost the game for I was impressed we were actually leading for a while. But these 20 point blowouts tend to bother me at times. Those kind of loses tend to give the other team loads of confidence. We must have really imploaded because I had to go to work after the 1st quarter, I chk the score late in the 4th and we are down 15. :depressed
When Duncan sat in the final minutes of the first and the opening minutes of the second that's when Phoenix began to open up its offense and get good looks.

I'd rather this be not 2006 all over again. Manu wake up dammit! :dizzy

lebomb
05-09-2007, 08:11 AM
But these 20 point blowouts tend to bother me at times.

Keep in mind the Detroit series in 2005......we got our asses handed to us by over 20 a few times, but still won the series.
:elephant

VaSpursFan
05-09-2007, 08:15 AM
duncan's foul trouble, us getting hacked and not getting the calls coupled with a questionable small ball lineup that was rolled out twice, led to us getting our ass kicked. we should NEVER play small ball versus PHX because they are better at it and the whole team is chock full of great passers. now, i have a problem with our lack of aggression due to not getting fouls calls. you have to keep attacking and force the ref to make a call and we just didn't do that.

florige
05-09-2007, 09:12 AM
Keep in mind the Detroit series in 2005......we got our asses handed to us by over 20 a few times, but still won the series.
:elephant

Oh yeah know from experience that we can and should win this series. It just amazes me that we can go through these horrid dry spells. So I guess Manu stunk it up again by all the Manu=Manure threads. lol

lebomb
05-09-2007, 09:16 AM
Oh yeah know from experience that we can and should win this series. It just amazes me that we can go through these horrid dry spells. So I guess Manu stunk it up again by all the Manu=Manure threads. lol

He only had 6pts.......hell, Chuck hasnt even given out the Ginooooooooooooooobliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
in the playoffs as of yet............. :depressed

Brutalis
05-09-2007, 09:48 AM
it was just home court advantage in every aspect and something you just have to swallow and digest being a spurs fan for 16 years

Mr. Body
05-09-2007, 09:52 AM
Coming out with a split was big for us. Dropping a turd in game 2 sucks, but the Spurs traditionally shit the bed for one game almost every series they're ahead.

nkdlunch
05-09-2007, 09:55 AM
we lost the game because Tony + Manu had a bad game.

we lost by blowout because Pop inserted super-small-ball lineup from hell

BigBeezie
05-09-2007, 09:56 AM
I'm not very worried about the loss. I actually feel that going there and getting the split will work more to our advantage than us having home court and coming out flat and then going on the road. This is what will differentiate this from the WCSF last year.

NoMoneyDown
05-09-2007, 09:56 AM
Exactly OP. Not only did I call the suns to win AND cover, but also win in a rout by double-digits. Spurs WILL win the next 2, and, possibly, 3 games.

mabber
05-09-2007, 10:17 AM
I just don't think home court matters much to these teams. I think every game is up for grabs no matter where it's being played. I don't think the Spurs have to win the next 2 games in San Antonio to win the series. I think they're perfectly capable of winning game 5 and/or game 7 in Phoenix.

mFFL03
05-09-2007, 10:20 AM
I've seen the spurs get blown out by 20 in a series....its just one game, not the series....

MadDog73
05-09-2007, 10:49 AM
Spurs usually rebound after bad lost....

if i was more cynical, I'd say Pop put out that horrendous line-up to purposely blow the game to give the Spurs more reason to play the next one.

But I don't think Pop is that evil (or stupid?).

spursfan09
05-09-2007, 11:23 AM
It's better to be blown out then lose a heartbraker.

dbreiden83080
05-09-2007, 11:26 AM
I am happy with the split but the blowout pisses me off because now the Suns think "Well we made adjustments and killed them so we got em now". Reality is Spurs stood around for most of this game and watched Timmy play. They got him the ball in bad spots on the court and just let him go to work. Manu, Tony and the bench did nothing the whole game. I am just pissed off by the effort that was put in last night.

Marcus Bryant
05-09-2007, 11:28 AM
Never worried.

MadDog73
05-09-2007, 11:28 AM
I am happy with the split but the blowout pisses me off because now the Suns think "Well we made adjustments and killed them so we got em now".

I actually think once Pop decided the Spurs quit, he made sure they'd get blown out. It will hopefully motivate the Spurs, and give the Suns some undeserved over-confidence.

I am just pissed off by the effort that was put in last night.
Agreed.

cherylsteele
05-09-2007, 12:24 PM
I've seen the spurs get blown out by 20 in a series....its just one game, not the series....
And in finals to boot.

whottt
05-09-2007, 12:25 PM
I was going to panic, but since you asked nicely and said please...

Dirk Nowitzki
05-09-2007, 12:33 PM
While i totally agree about not worrying, this is going to be a hard fought series. It is going to be alot tougher then people expect it to be. This suns team is deeper, more experienced, and has much more heart and toughness than they did in 2005. While they arent a defensive powerhouse, they have gone from being a horrible defensive team to at least an average one. Even if they do lose this series, the Suns are going to make the Spurs earn it. They will give the Spurs a serious run for their money. I can promise you that.

cherylsteele
05-09-2007, 12:35 PM
While i totally agree about not worrying, this is going to be a hard fought series. It is going to be alot tougher then people expect it to be. This suns team is deeper, more experienced, and has much more heart and toughness than they did in 2005. While they arent a defensive powerhouse, they have gone from being a horrible defensive team to at least an average one. Even if they do lose this series, the Suns are going to make the Spurs earn it. They will give the Spurs a serious run for their money. I can promise you that.
I think the objective fan knew this was not gonna be easy. What ticks most of us off was that the Spurs just didn't seem to care about a playoff game.

judaspriestess
05-09-2007, 01:15 PM
I am not worried either, the Spurs got the split which is what they wanted. phoenix winning by 20 points, Pop sat his starters out in the fourth with quite a bit of time left.

Sure Phoenix you can have your fun with our 3rd string down the stretch. Pop knew the game was lost, why have your starters in till the end of the game. :rolleyes

sunsbum
05-09-2007, 01:29 PM
I am not worried either, the Spurs got the split which is what they wanted. phoenix winning by 20 points, Pop sat his starters out in the fourth with quite a bit of time left.

Sure Phoenix you can have your fun with our 3rd string down the stretch. Pop knew the game was lost, why have your starters in till the end of the game. :rolleyes

you had your starters in untill like 3 minutes left in the game...

LavaLamp
05-09-2007, 01:44 PM
duncan's foul trouble, us getting hacked and not getting the calls coupled with a questionable small ball lineup that was rolled out twice, led to us getting our ass kicked. we should NEVER play small ball versus PHX because they are better at it and the whole team is chock full of great passers. now, i have a problem with our lack of aggression due to not getting fouls calls. you have to keep attacking and force the ref to make a call and we just didn't do that.

Why did Popovich put a small ball line-up on the floor at times during Game2? Was it because TD was getting his customary rest or had to sit because of fouls? Can't the Spurs continue to play their style of basketball (do you have a name for that style?) with TD on the bench? Who replaces TD to play his position and function while he is on the bench?

ChumpDumper
05-09-2007, 01:46 PM
I'm panicking. Should I be worried?

LavaLamp
05-09-2007, 01:52 PM
Reality is Spurs stood around for most of this game and watched Timmy play. They got him the ball in bad spots on the court and just let him go to work. Manu, Tony and the bench did nothing the whole game. I am just pissed off by the effort that was put in last night.

From what I have read about Suns game strategy, they try to do this intentionally. It's the "Let Kobe have a big night" strategy which the Suns coaches hope will lead to the other star players of the opposing team getting cold and being uninvolved in the game for stretches... while their main star puts up career numbers.

I know the Spurs are a much better team than the Lakers this year. I just used the Kobe example to illustrate.

How do you think Popovich will counter?

lebomb
05-09-2007, 02:03 PM
How do you think Popovich will counter?

He will come out and WIN.

LavaLamp
05-09-2007, 02:36 PM
He will come out and WIN.

What I mean by my question is what adjustments, if any, will he make to win the next game?

lefty
05-09-2007, 02:39 PM
Blowout was a good thing ; a wake-up call

Plus, it'll make Spurs super angry at home; and that's not good for the Suns

Nashfan
05-09-2007, 02:46 PM
I think the objective fan knew this was not gonna be easy. What ticks most of us off was that the Spurs just didn't seem to care about a playoff game.

I'm not quite sure how you can say the Spurs didn't seem to care about last nights game. :rolleyes They sure looked interested to me. Maybe they didn't expect the Suns to play defense but all the Spurs players looked very into the game and frustrated at the same time. :)

mavsfan1000
05-09-2007, 02:46 PM
I say it's not the results of the game that should cause panic. It was strategy the suns used to get it done. I think they found it with Kurt Thomas on Duncan and not doubling unless the spurs spacing is bad. If the suns can actually bother the spurs offense that would be something new and a series turner. With that said I expect Parker and Manu to have better games in game 3.

MadDog73
05-09-2007, 02:47 PM
What I mean by my question is what adjustments, if any, will he make to win the next game?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Manu start.

After all, the whole point of his coming off the bench is a "spark." And frankly, that ain't happening, and I think have Tim, Tony and Manu all at the court at the same time will help Spurs establish an early lead.

lefty
05-09-2007, 02:53 PM
I say it's not the results of the game that should cause panic. It was strategy the suns used to get it done. I think they found it with Kurt Thomas on Duncan and not doubling unless the spurs spacing is bad. If the suns can actually bother the spurs offense that would be something new and a series turner. With that said I expect Parker and Manu to have better games in game 3.

The answer to that : giving Horry more minutes ; in game 2 he didn't play much; he stretches the defenses

ArgSpursFan
05-09-2007, 03:22 PM
.........maybe most thought we would lose game #1 and win #2, but a split is a split.....and we should be happy. NOW after saying that......we cant have a split here in Saytown. We need to keep Phoenix from gaining back home court.....if at all possible. :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit

Damn right.We canīt pretend to win 2 straight games on the road vs Phoenix in the Semis.We did our job in Phoenix,now itīs time to finish what we started,At home though.
And for all the San Antonians folks who are gonna be in game 3,PLEASE GET FUCKING LOUD!!!!!!!
I wish I can be there too.to bad Iīm 20.000 miles away.

judaspriestess
05-09-2007, 07:13 PM
you had your starters in untill like 3 minutes left in the game...

three minutes is an eternity in basketball. Why have your starters in for the last three minutes? its not like the Spurs were going to do a 20 point turnaround in those last moments. Crappy move by your team but who cares, what matters is the Spurs got the split. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!