PDA

View Full Version : Eating Crow but it was bound to happen one game

Rummpd
05-09-2007, 08:26 AM
Suns (as well as a few other NBA teams) have the ability to blow out a cold shooting, non-hustling Spurs team that is: 1) bricking FTs (not something they have done commonly this year); and 2) whom cannot get the key trey to fall when they pulled with a handful in the third, and 3) playing on the road. There is also a human nature to relax after a key win but still no excuses, bad loss, bad execution etc.

It is one loss and it is the kind of loss that will motivate a team, and the Spurs have a tendency to bounce back. Not worried. Spurs will turn it up and this series will not go seven.

nkdlunch
05-09-2007, 08:40 AM
Spurs ALWAYS have at least 1 bad game in every series going years back. Even 2 bad games is not uncommon.

They need to focus and get the next 2 at home.

BigBeezie
05-09-2007, 10:31 AM
They NEED to come out tough on Saturday. None of this pu55y-footing around. Take the fight to PHX and show them who the REAL champs are.

GrandeDavid
05-09-2007, 10:35 AM
They collectively had an off night and ran out of gas. Its not a blowout when you are withing striking distance early in the 4th quarter on the road facing a tough opponent in a must win situation. The Spurs simply had no firepower. Manu and Tony have joint poor offensive performances in such a high stakes game for the adversary will do that to a team.

And how about the turnovers and clanked free throws? How about supposedly athletic 7 footer Francisco Elson back ending an undefended gimme dunk?

The Spurs lost because they were flat, simply put.

I expect the score to be basically reveresed come Saturday night.

RiverwalkParade
05-09-2007, 10:41 AM
That game was just plain hard to watch. It was a full night of pass it to Timmy and stand around. No off the ball movement, no penetration, nothing. Just shameful.

Suck My Blurr
05-09-2007, 10:41 AM
They collectively had an off night and ran out of gas. Its not a blowout when you are withing striking distance early in the 4th quarter on the road facing a tough opponent in a must win situation. The Spurs simply had no firepower. Manu and Tony have joint poor offensive performances in such a high stakes game for the adversary will do that to a team.

And how about the turnovers and clanked free throws? How about supposedly athletic 7 footer Francisco Elson back ending an undefended gimme dunk?

The Spurs lost because they were flat, simply put.

I expect the score to be basically reveresed come Saturday night.

If that explanation makes you feel better, then more power to you!

:elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

http://attachments.wetpaintserv.us/QH4oBlj%24trSvLBldI2BoRw%3D%3D17064

GrandeDavid
05-09-2007, 10:44 AM
^What other explanation IS there? Read the stat line, know the Spurs' tendencies. They'll be back on Sat. all businesses.

Suck My Blurr
05-09-2007, 10:47 AM
^What other explanation IS there? Read the stat line, know the Spurs' tendencies. They'll be back on Sat. all businesses.

Yeah & MANU is a GOD!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

EYES ON THE PRIZE!

http://attachments.wetpaintserv.us/QH4oBlj%24trSvLBldI2BoRw%3D%3D17064

MadDog73
05-09-2007, 10:58 AM
Yeah & MANU is a GOD!

What should be really scary to Suns fans is Spurs don't need Manu to Win. See game 1.

If Manu actually shows up on Saturday, I think it will be 101 - 81 Spurs.

dreamcastrocks
05-09-2007, 11:00 AM
What should be really scary to Suns fans is Spurs don't need Manu to Win. See game 1.

If Manu actually shows up on Saturday, I think it will be 101 - 81 Spurs.

What is also scary is that the Suns do not need Marion scoring to win. See game 2.

spursfan09
05-09-2007, 11:19 AM
What is really scaring is that the Suns aren't going to win game 3 or 4 and be put in a 1-3 defecit!

dbreiden83080
05-09-2007, 11:52 AM
Spurs ALWAYS have at least 1 bad game in every series going years back. Even 2 bad games is not uncommon.

They need to focus and get the next 2 at home.

This is true they played 2 shitty games beyond belief with the Sonics in the 05 playoffs. Suns are better than the Sonics were in 05 but it is not uncommon for the Spurs to play a good game and then lay an egg.

tlongII
05-09-2007, 12:08 PM
The Suns are the better team. They will win this in 5 games.

romsho
05-09-2007, 12:23 PM
The Suns are the better team. They will win this in 5 games.

I doubt it, but with your stellar record of predicting things in here, we may need to think about it a little bit.

Budkin
05-09-2007, 12:25 PM
I doubt it, but with your stellar record of predicting things in here, we may need to think about it a little bit.

tlongs prediction practically guarantees the Spurs will win in 5.