PDA

View Full Version : Bowen kicked Amare in Achilles

Durruti
05-09-2007, 10:18 AM
Haven't had a chance to watch this yet but apparently it's quite clear. ESPN board's all abuzz. 10:25 mark of the 4th period. That's some dirty, dirty shit.

http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=nba&id=sas&tid=828312&lid=17

Suck My Blurr
05-09-2007, 10:32 AM
Did you see MANU holding Amare's leg like a little bitch!

http://attachments.wetpaintserv.us/QH4oBlj%24trSvLBldI2BoRw%3D%3D17064

GrandeDavid
05-09-2007, 10:33 AM
Link to the clip? I couldn't find it at that link you provided.

BigBeezie
05-09-2007, 10:33 AM
Well, Bowen could be suspended at this point. Hopefully it's not true.

GrandeDavid
05-09-2007, 10:36 AM

Great, this punk ass troll is back in tha house. Can't wait till Sunday when these trolls are back in their cages.

Suck My Blurr
05-09-2007, 10:38 AM
Great, this punk ass troll is back in tha house. Can't wait till Sunday when these trolls are back in their cages.

Is that all you got!

Phenomanul
05-09-2007, 10:41 AM
Is that all you got!

No.... ummm... he actually has a life.

Unlike others such as yourself coming in and posting slanderous takes.

steppy
05-09-2007, 10:42 AM
Black Jesus should be impervious to Bowen's kicks.

Suck My Blurr
05-09-2007, 10:43 AM
No.... ummm... he actually has a life.

Unlike others such as yourself coming in and posting slanderous takes.

Like I said before SUNS in 6.

Now that is not a slanderous take! :lol

MadDog73
05-09-2007, 10:45 AM
Have the Suns won in San Antonio? Ever?

dreamcastrocks
05-09-2007, 10:48 AM

They won game 4 to keep their season alive in 2005. Did you already forget?

samikeyp
05-09-2007, 10:48 AM

Suck My Blurr
05-09-2007, 10:49 AM

Wait till SAT!

EYES ON THE PRIZE!

dreamcastrocks
05-09-2007, 10:54 AM
Wait till SAT!

EYES ON THE PRIZE!

The Suns have their best chance to win in Game 4, not game 3.

kps0001
05-09-2007, 10:54 AM
I know Bowen is known for his "foot defense" but I watched the play again and again and it didn't look at bad as some of the others I have seen this season by Bowen. I don't think it warrants a suspension as a lot of people have stated on other boards. I don't have my glasses on though.

Durruti
05-09-2007, 10:57 AM
The Spurs are quickly getting a reputation as the dirtiest team in the league. It's not just Suns fans, it's all over the NBA forums.

Here's what a Suns fan said after the game:

I saw some of the most ridiculous things tonight at the game.

There was...Ginobili grabbing on to Amare's leg, preventing him from rolling to the basket, no call by the refs, Suns turnover.

Bruce Bowen blatantly kicking Amare square in the leg when he went for a dunk. If you have the game tape, you can see Bowen leaning forward, not really jumping, just trying to stomp on Amare's ankle basically. They replayed it on the screen at the arena, in slow-mo, and people were pissed.

Bruce Bowen basically clotheslining Leandro Barbosa away from the ball.

Duncan grabbing on to Amare's leg to prevent him from running, while he was down on the ground, pretending to tie his shoe(what is it with grabbing Amare's leg????)

Bowen elbowing Nash in the back, away from the ball, so hard that Nash fell over.

Elson shoulder-blocking Diaw, basically knocking him out of bounds.

Duncan grabbing on to Bell's arm to prevent him from running down the court on a fast break.

None of this stuff was called, yet it was blatant, and clear as daylight."

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40720

It's a shame that your team is engaging in this disgraceful behavior. I honestly would not be surprised to see either Amare or Nash get seriously injured by one of your thugs. Actually, thug is the wrong word -- it implies toughness -- this is more like the guy who sucker punches someone or kicks them when they're down.

I hope the league will send a message to the Spurs that cannot try to injure other players with abandon and get away with it. Heavy penalties are in order.

It's time for the league to send a message.

dreamcastrocks
05-09-2007, 10:57 AM
I know Bowen is known for his "foot defense" but I watched the play again and again and it didn't look at bad as some of the others I have seen this season by Bowen. I don't think it warrants a suspension as a lot of people have stated on other boards. I don't have my glasses on though.

No where close to a suspension, just like Raja's hard foul on Manu in Game 1 didn't deserve one either.

Phenomanul
05-09-2007, 11:00 AM
The Spurs are quickly getting a reputation as the dirtiest team in the league. It's not just Suns fans, it's all over the NBA forums.

There was...Ginobili grabbing on to Amare's leg, preventing him from rolling to the basket, no call by the refs, Suns turnover.

Bruce Bowen blatantly kicking Amare square in the leg when he went for a dunk. If you have the game tape, you can see Bowen leaning forward, not really jumping, just trying to stomp on Amare's ankle basically. They replayed it on the screen at the arena, in slow-mo, and people were pissed.

Duncan grabbing on to Amare's leg to prevent him from running, while he was down on the ground, pretending to tie his shoe(what is it with grabbing Amare's leg????)

Bowen elbowing Nash in the back, away from the ball, so hard that Nash fell over.

Duncan grabbing on to Bell's arm to prevent him from running down the court on a fast break.

It's a shame that your team is engaging in this disgraceful behavior. I honestly would not be surprised to see either Amare or Nash get seriously injured by one of your thugs. Actually, thug is the wrong word -- it implies toughness -- this is more like the guy who sucker punches someone or kicks them when they're down.

I hope the league will send a message to the Spurs that cannot try to injure other players with abandon and get away with it. Heavy penalties are in order.

If anyone was beat up in yesterday's game it was Parker. He was hammered to the ground 4 times. You all need to stop your whining.

Let's not forget 3 of Raja's hacks at Manu's face.

dreamcastrocks
05-09-2007, 11:02 AM
The funny part about the Ginobili call, is that the Ref knew that it was a call, but he put his arms in the air to tell Amare that it was a foul, he just wasn't going to call it.

Durruti
05-09-2007, 11:03 AM
No where close to a suspension, just like Raja's hard foul on Manu in Game 1 didn't deserve one either.

Bulllshit. There's a big difference between a hard foul and kicking someone in the leg out of frustration, especially someone known for his leg injury. This is not the ultimate fighting challenge. If the league alllows players to try to injure other players the game will go downhill FAST. Bowen needs to be suspended.

Marcus Bryant
Once upon a time it was that the Spurs were "soft". Now they're "the dirtiest team in the league". Good stuff.

MadDog73
Let me know if that happens...

I don't think it will.

dreamcastrocks
If anyone was beat up in yesterday's game it was Parker. He was hammered to the ground 4 times. You all need to stop your whining.

We aren't whining, you guys are. It is usually the team that loses that whines.

The refs were much more even this game. There were some blown calls for both teams.

steppy
05-09-2007, 11:05 AM

That looks like sour grapes to me. If I was to sit there and focus on fouls and cheap shots that weren't called on the Suns, I'd have a pretty good list too.

cherylsteele
05-09-2007, 11:05 AM
Haven't had a chance to watch this yet but apparently it's quite clear. ESPN board's all abuzz. 10:25 mark of the 4th period. That's some dirty, dirty shit.

http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=nba&id=sas&tid=828312&lid=17
No worse than tony getting submarined on the last second shot of the first quarter....I don't remember who did it though.

So know you are gonna complain about the ref's after you win? Classless. I'll bet if we did that after a win you would have a conniption.

Besides, it looked like Amare ran over Manu in the first place, they could have called a foul on Amare. The ref's in this game let stuff go on both sides. There were more fouls called against the Spurs, so quit griping.

dreamcastrocks
05-09-2007, 11:06 AM
Bulllshit. There's a big difference between a hard foul and kicking someone in the leg out of frustration, especially someone known for his leg injury. This is not the ultimate fighting challenge. If the league alllows players to try to injure other players the game will go downhill FAST. Bowen needs to be suspended.

Disagree. It won't be a suspension. It is as simple as that.

The only foul thusfar this playoffs that did warrant a suspension was the one where Terry through down Davis in front of the Warriors bench.

Kermit
05-09-2007, 11:07 AM
maybe amare should quit being such a pussy and stop letting players that weigh 40 pounds less than him keep him from rolling to the basket.

dreamcastrocks
No worse than tony getting submarined on the last second shot of the first quarter....I don't remember who did it though.

So know you are gonna complain about the ref's after you win? Classless. I'll bet if we did that after a win you would have a conniption.

Besides, it looked like Amare ran over Manu in the first place, they could have called a foul on Amare. The ref's in this game let stuff go on both sides. There were more fouls called against the Spurs, so quit griping.

You're kidding right, Barbosa had his head down, and was trying to get out of the way. The play happened with no time left on the clock, and shouldn't have been a foul anyway. You were rewarded 2 free throws because of how hard Parker hit the ground.

cherylsteele
Can you show us a link or are you just spewing BS?

kps0001
05-09-2007, 11:08 AM

I think the guy you quoted and responded to is a Warriors fan. There are alot of other teams that have brought this type of play by the Spurs up before. you stated "you all need to stop your whining"....I hope you are referring to most of the teams and fans in the league.

Don't worry the 'hacks" on Manu, actually should be "hack" since I have only seen one, was brought up again by dreamcastrocks a few posts above so, NO we aren't discounting that play although I am sure some Suns fans will.

dreamcastrocks
05-09-2007, 11:10 AM
maybe amare should quit being such a pussy and stop letting players that weigh 40 pounds less than him keep him from rolling to the basket.

He should stop being a pussy and stop whining when there is no foul or when he misses a shot. That's it.

That's like me telling Spurs fans that Duncan is a pussy. It is far from the truth, and everyone that should know it, does.

DarrinS
Why is Warrior fan here?

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/2006/07/gay15.jpg

Phenomanul
Besides how can anyone in their right mind label Manu's grab of Amare's leg as dirty?

Amare set a hard pick Ginobili stumbled and held on to his leg. Wrong and devious? Yes. But dirty? How does this injure Amare in any way?

Playing dirty implies that the other player wishes to harm the opposition. Ginobili didn't
harm Amare... he simply got away with a hold.

Those Suns fans are too myopically infatuated with the refs.

LEONARD
Bowen is dirty? I thought there would be some new news in this thread...

Durruti
Once upon a time it was that the Spurs were "soft". Now they're "the dirtiest team in the league". Good stuff.

Being a dirty player doesn't imply toughness, actually it implies the opposite. Sneakiness, poor sportsmanship and immorality is not "tough", it's merely a sign of low character.

As for the Suns fans who are shrugging their soldiers over this incident due to the win, you might be singing a different tune if Bowen rolls Nash's ankle and your season comes to an untimely end.

There should be zero tolerance for trying to injure other players.

cherylsteele
05-09-2007, 11:11 AM
You're kidding right, Barbosa had his head down, and was trying to get out of the way. The play happened with no time left on the clock, and shouldn't have been a foul anyway. You were rewarded 2 free throws because of how hard Parker hit the ground.
Parker was alot more vulnerable in the air than Barbosa....and they the submariner wasn't even going for the ball......They did call a foul on Bowen.

The foul occurred with .1 on the clock....just like Fisher's shot a couple of years ago with .4 on the clock.

DarrinS
05-09-2007, 11:11 AM
By the way, I'm sorry Manu's grab and Bruce's ninja kick kept you guys from having a 22 point win, instead of a 20 point win.

Is there anything you guys don't bitch about? Geez.

Phenomanul
05-09-2007, 11:12 AM
I think the guy you quoted and responded to is a Warriors fan. There are alot of other teams that have brought this type of play by the Spurs up before. you stated "you all need to stop your whining"....I hope you are referring to most of the teams and fans in the league.

Don't worry the 'hacks" on Manu, actually should be "hack" since I have only seen one, was brought up again by dreamcastrocks a few posts above so, NO we aren't discounting that play although I am sure some Suns fans will.

And I was responding to the thread he posted.

A whining SUNS Thread.

Kermit
05-09-2007, 11:14 AM
He should stop being a pussy and stop whining when there is no foul or when he misses a shot. That's it.

That's like me telling Spurs fans that Duncan is a pussy. It is far from the truth, and everyone that should know it, does.

you're right, but he would've gotten the foul call had he just attempted to roll towards the basket with manu hanging on his leg, instead of standing there with with his hands in the air.

spursfan09
05-09-2007, 11:16 AM
haha, I'm sure Suns fans wish Bowen and all the spurs would get suspended. keep dreaming. You won your only game.

Suck My Blurr
05-09-2007, 11:16 AM

Here we go with the CLASS thing, Get over it!

I am not griping. Just calling MANU out for a BITCH move.

dreamcastrocks
05-09-2007, 11:17 AM
Parker was alot more vulnerable in the air than Barbosa....and they the submariner wasn't even going for the ball......They did call a foul on Bowen.

The foul occurred with .1 on the clock....just like Fisher's shot a couple of years ago with .4 on the clock.

I agree that he was vunerable. No argument there. Marion has been undercut so many times, its scary. Bowen has done it a few times from memory.

However, the NBA rule states that if the clock gets to 00.0, it should not be called a foul.

cherylsteele
shrugging their soldiers
How do you shrug a soldier? Do you shake him/her really hard?

Phenomanul
We aren't whining, you guys are. It is usually the team that loses that whines.

The refs were much more even this game. There were some blown calls for both teams.

I'm actually at peace with the loss. I just find it incredibly stupid for the SUNS boards to be teeming with such unsatisfaction after their win that they would stoop to complain about the officiating in said game.

Kermit
05-09-2007, 11:18 AM
well, they reviewed it and determined that the foul happened before the clock reached 0.0, so cased closed.

dreamcastrocks
05-09-2007, 11:18 AM
you're right, but he would've gotten the foul call had he just attempted to roll towards the basket with manu hanging on his leg, instead of standing there with with his hands in the air.

No doubt. What did he do? He decided to complain to the refs instead, and is what has me seething as a Suns fan. Shut up and play hard. The game will take care of itself.

ratm1221
05-09-2007, 11:19 AM
Disagree. It won't be a suspension. It is as simple as that.

The only foul thusfar this playoffs that did warrant a suspension was the one where Terry through down Davis in front of the Warriors bench.

Terry is the dirtiest player in the league.

Phenomanul
05-09-2007, 11:20 AM

The problem is Bell threw away a pass Amare didn't even know was coming. He could have freed himself of Manu in one swift move if he had wanted to. Fact is he didn't even look like he intended to roll to the basket.

Instead he complained.

dreamcastrocks
05-09-2007, 11:20 AM
I'm actually at peace with the loss. I just find it incredibly stupid for the SUNS boards to be teeming with such unsatisfaction after their win that they would stoop to complain about the officiating in said game.

Which boards were those? The only one worth a damn is ASFN at that one isn't complaining about the officiating.

Honestly, I wish that the Suns would have won a close one instead. The Sunshaven't beaten the Spurs in a game decided by less than 5 points in a long, long time. They need to prove that they can win the close ones, just as much as a blowout.

Kermit
05-09-2007, 11:21 AM
No doubt. What did he do? He decided to complain to the refs instead, and is what has me seething as a Suns fan. Shut up and play hard. The game will take care of itself.

about amare, if he attacked duncan like he did elson in game 2, the spurs would be in a lot of trouble. when elson was on amare, there was this look on his face that you only find when confronted with a porn star in a room full of 18 year old nymphos. completely off topic but i had to say it.

Marcus Bryant
05-09-2007, 11:22 AM
Being a dirty player doesn't imply toughness, actually it implies the opposite. Sneakiness, poor sportsmanship and immorality is not "tough", it's merely a sign of low character.

And reaching conclusions without any proof is ignorant, but that hasn't stopped you.

dbreiden83080
05-09-2007, 11:22 AM

LOL i just saw it it was so subtle. He was running behind him and looked like he was just chasing the play and that is where his foot landed. Maybe he did it on purpose but from that video you can not say he was trying to kick him at all.

GrandeDavid
05-09-2007, 11:23 AM
Is that all you got!

That's about all you're worth.

Marcus Bryant
Anyways, one man's "dirty play" is another man's hard foul. It's rather rich that the Spurs are being condemned by some jackass living at mom's as "dirty" when the opponent is starting Raja Bell.

Phenomanul
Which boards were those? The only one worth a damn is ASFN at that one isn't complaining about the officiating.

Honestly, I wish that the Suns would have won a close one instead. The Sunshaven't beaten the Spurs in a game decided by less than 5 points in a long, long time. They need to prove that they can win the close ones, just as much as a blowout.

The one someone here linked.

ambchang

Wow, comments by Suns fans on a Suns board must be the most accurate evidence of the Spurs dirtiness.
I haven't watched Game 2 yet, but I will recite some of the stuff that happened in Game 1. Remember, these were stated on a forum, so it must be true.
1) Raja Bell slapping Manu in the face after falling for a pump fake.
2) Parker being hacked by a machete 3 times by Steve Nash.
3) Barbosa bulldozing Parker to the floor at the end of the game, aiming to dislocate Parker's jaw in the process.
4) Stoudemire continuously hacking and pushing Duncan with intent to injure.
5) Mike D'antoni pulling a gun and shot at Bruce Bowen in the upper knee area twice, luckily, the swift legs of Bowen avoided the shots.
6) Marion tried to push Oberto in the stands while he was taking off from the FT line for a dunk ala Jordan.
7) Kurt Thomas looking to gouge out Finley's eyes. The players, cameras, fans and the refs were looking at the ball, so everybody except I missed it.

dreamcastrocks
05-09-2007, 11:24 AM
about amare, if he attacked duncan like he did elson in game 2, the spurs would be in a lot of trouble. when elson was on amare, there was this look on his face that you only find when confronted with a porn star in a room full of 18 year old nymphos. completely off topic but i had to say it.

He tried that in game 1 and wasn't that successful either.

cherylsteele
05-09-2007, 11:25 AM
Here we go with the CLASS thing, Get over it!

I am not griping. Just calling MANU out for a BITCH move.
If the shoe was on the other foot I'll bet you would be griping still.

The game was won by the Suns. They came out with aggressiveness and desire to win, prop to them. There were plenty of bad call to go around for all, which had no or little influence on the result of game.

dreamcastrocks
05-09-2007, 11:25 AM
The one someone here linked.

Don't trust ESPN, insidehoops, or any other forum besides arizonasportsfans.

GrandeDavid
05-09-2007, 11:26 AM
Why is Warrior fan here?

Exactly! Besides, GS got run by San Antonio by a combined 50 points the last two times the teams met late in the season.

Warrior fan should be nowhere NEAR here. :lol

dreamcastrocks
05-09-2007, 11:27 AM
Wow, comments by Suns fans on a Suns board must be the most accurate evidence of the Spurs dirtiness.
I haven't watched Game 2 yet, but I will recite some of the stuff that happened in Game 1. Remember, these were stated on a forum, so it must be true.
1) Raja Bell slapping Manu in the face after falling for a pump fake.
2) Parker being hacked by a machete 3 times by Steve Nash.
3) Barbosa bulldozing Parker to the floor at the end of the game, aiming to dislocate Parker's jaw in the process.
4) Stoudemire continuously hacking and pushing Duncan with intent to injure.
5) Mike D'antoni pulling a gun and shot at Bruce Bowen in the upper knee area twice, luckily, the swift legs of Bowen avoided the shots.
6) Marion tried to push Oberto in the stands while he was taking off from the FT line for a dunk ala Jordan.
7) Kurt Thomas looking to gouge out Finley's eyes. The players, cameras, fans and the refs were looking at the ball, so everybody except I missed it.

You know what's funny. You sound exactly like the Suns fans that you are trying to discredit.

GrandeDavid
05-09-2007, 11:28 AM
Bowen is dirty? I thought there would be some new news in this thread...

Mav fan, after your team's sickeningly disgraceful ouster in the first round, your takes are about as empty as your vBookie account. :lol

Phenomanul
05-09-2007, 11:28 AM
You know what's funny. You sound exactly like the Suns fans that you are trying to discredit.

It's called parody.

infinite styles
05-09-2007, 11:29 AM

:clap
You just listed all the great defensive moves that every team does. The grabbing and holding is very common in the NBA and even in college. Your friend was basically nit picking everything. Every player grabs and holds. That is not thuggish just part of the game. If you seriously watch basketball you would notice that this is not related to just the Spurs but basically everyone that picks up a roundball and plays.

dreamcastrocks
05-09-2007, 11:30 AM
It's called parody.

or irony.

Marcus Bryant
05-09-2007, 11:31 AM
You know what's dirty? Clotheslining a player driving to the basket.

Suck My Blurr
05-09-2007, 11:31 AM
You just listed all the great defensive moves that every team does. The grabbing and holding is very common in the NBA and even in college. Your friend was basically nit picking everything. Every player grabs and holds. That is not thuggish just part of the game. If you seriously watch basketball you would notice that this is not related to just the Spurs but basically everyone that picks up a roundball and plays.

:toast

Phenomanul
05-09-2007, 11:32 AM
or irony.

She was mocking the other post on purpose... Parody.

dreamcastrocks
05-09-2007, 11:32 AM
She was mocking the other post on purpose... Parody.

I stand corrected.

Phenomanul
05-09-2007, 11:33 AM
I stand corrected.

The ridiculous nature of the allegations gave it away. :spin

infinite styles
05-09-2007, 11:34 AM
:rolleyes

infinite styles
05-09-2007, 11:34 AM
Shouldn't this thread go in the Official Complaints, Excuses and Whining Thread

ambchang
05-09-2007, 11:35 AM
umm .... that was the point, because it's so incredibly stupid, but thanks for making my point for me again.

Duncanoypi
05-09-2007, 11:36 AM
Why is Warrior fan here?

Bingo! :hungry:

Is it a warrior fan or a suns fan in disguised just to show that other teams talking how dirty spurs are.

Next! :wakeup

GrandeDavid
05-09-2007, 11:38 AM
I love the playoffs! The smack is too much fun. :lol

infinite styles
05-09-2007, 11:38 AM
Bingo! :hungry:

Is it a warrior fan or a suns fan in disguised just to show that other teams talking how dirty spurs are.

Next! :wakeup

I like how he added the part that Spurs are growing a reputation among fans on all teams forums for being dirty.

Really, Who Gives A Fuck

Suck My Blurr
05-09-2007, 11:40 AM
I love the playoffs! The smack is too much fun. :lol

Then don't be a bitch and ask for people to be banned!

Take it like the BITCH that you are!

BITCH!

Durruti
05-09-2007, 11:42 AM
I have no problem whatsoever with physical play and hard fouls. A little sneakiness never hurt either. It's just that the Spurs turn this kind of shit into an artform. If unbridled deviousness is what makes a great team, then so be it. But as a sportsfan I think it lowers the quality of play substantially. It turns what should be an exciting game between to worthy opponents into an exercise in frustration. You guys seem to rely entirely on suckering the refs and playing dirty, and what's an even bigger shame is that you don't need to. You have more than enough talent to play relatively straight-up.

As for the topic of this thread, Bowen is widely regarded as the dirtiest player in the game and should not be given the benefit of the doubt when he goes and kicks another player in the achilles heel. Suns fans are trying to play it "classy" by downplaying Bowen's shenanigans, but I guarantee you you won't be of the same mind if Nash or STAT gets injured by this clown.

The reason I'm making a big deal of it is because I do not want to "play the odds" and hope Bowen's disgraceful behavior does not wind up ending the Suns season. He should be called on it and punished before he does some real damage.

And honestly, I think Spurs fans should be saying the same thing. You may have a dirty team but you have the classiest fan base in the league. You should be calling out Bowen as well.

Durruti
05-09-2007, 11:45 AM
"Is it a warrior fan or a suns fan in disguised just to show that other teams talking how dirty spurs are."

LOL. When you're a Warrior fan you generally have to find another team to root for in the playoffs. This year is a (probably temporary) exception, but I've been a Suns fan as well for years. And I'm a huge Nash fan. I would just hate to see his season ended by some douche bag like Bowen.

cornbread
05-09-2007, 11:57 AM
Durruti,
Did your righteous quest for justice against the sneaky, poor sportsmen of the league include a campaign against this bitch?
dirty (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F256m3T-qKE)
I must have missed your thread about it.

ambchang
05-09-2007, 12:11 PM
I have no problem whatsoever with physical play and hard fouls. A little sneakiness never hurt either. It's just that the Spurs turn this kind of shit into an artform. If unbridled deviousness is what makes a great team, then so be it. But as a sportsfan I think it lowers the quality of play substantially. It turns what should be an exciting game between to worthy opponents into an exercise in frustration. You guys seem to rely entirely on suckering the refs and playing dirty, and what's an even bigger shame is that you don't need to. You have more than enough talent to play relatively straight-up.

As for the topic of this thread, Bowen is widely regarded as the dirtiest player in the game and should not be given the benefit of the doubt when he goes and kicks another player in the achilles heel. Suns fans are trying to play it "classy" by downplaying Bowen's shenanigans, but I guarantee you you won't be of the same mind if Nash or STAT gets injured by this clown.

The reason I'm making a big deal of it is because I do not want to "play the odds" and hope Bowen's disgraceful behavior does not wind up ending the Suns season. He should be called on it and punished before he does some real damage.

And honestly, I think Spurs fans should be saying the same thing. You may have a dirty team but you have the classiest fan base in the league. You should be calling out Bowen as well.
Bowen was called out as being dirty by exactly 2 players and a coach. Ray Allen, Vince Carter and Isiah Thomas.
Allen's contention that Bowen tried to conciously injure him in the 2005 playoffs were disproved when replays showed that he twisted his ankle by himself, and Bowen wasn't even in physical contact with him.
Vince Carter earned nicknames such as Wince Carter and half man half a season because of his general wussiness.
Isiah Thomas was unhappy with Bowen's alleged intentions to injure Steve Francis. Fact is, Francis himself said he thought Bowen never intended to, it just happened. Also need to point out that aside from being one of the worst GMs in the history of the league, Thomas praised Bowen's defense a few days beforehand.
Fact also remains that Bowen does not have the number of flagrant fouls, technicals or suspensions to considered dirty.
Apparently, only unknowledgable and naive fans who believes everything they heard on other forums and ESPN thinks Bowen is dirty and that he should never be given the benefit of the doubt.

EDIT: I remember you, you are the guy who says Spurs are boring with nothing to back it up. Continue to regurgitate what others say, we need more non-thinking zombies in our world.

Durruti
05-09-2007, 12:11 PM
Durruti,
Did your righteous quest for justice against the sneaky, poor sportsmen of the league include a campaign against this bitch?
dirty (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F256m3T-qKE)
I must have missed your thread about it.

Not a campaign, no, but I agree that that play was unnaceptable, just like Bowen's. I don't think homerism should even enter into it. Pure B-ball fans should condemn such thuggery regardless of the team.

Still, I don't think anyone can hold a candle to Bowen when it comes to dirty tricks, and it's time the league sent him a message before he seriously hurts someone. Why is that so controversial?

judaspriestess
05-09-2007, 12:12 PM

The Spurs dirty? :lol
I guess they never saw karl malone play, john stockton or the old pistons teams to name a few. bandwagon fans from other teams are so fucking desperate to hate on the Spurs. Its kinda cool. You just validated we have fans all over the country. Even for a "small" market team.

caŽlo
05-09-2007, 12:13 PM
anybody got a video of the "supposed" kick?

dreamcastrocks
05-09-2007, 12:15 PM
The Spurs dirty? :lol
I guess they never saw karl malone play, john stockton or the old pistons teams to name a few. bandwagon fans from other teams are so fucking desperate to hate on the Spurs. Its kinda cool. You just validated we have fans all over the country. Even for a "small" market team.

I doubt that you have that many fans across the country. The way that the Spurs play, just isn't that exciting to the masses.

The Stockton/Malone days or the Bad Boy days should be long gone. The league is trying to repair its image.

dreamcastrocks
05-09-2007, 12:17 PM
anybody got a video of the "supposed" kick?

It really is hard to see. I think the NBA replays on the ESPN website shows it a little.

It is hard to see, and is hard to tell if it is malicious. It is not as mad as some of the other plays that we have seen. You can tell that Amare did come down wrong after the play though.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=270508021

I think they are talking about the play where Diaw had that awesome no-look behind the back pass.

sunsbum
05-09-2007, 12:19 PM
Don't trust ESPN, insidehoops, or any other forum besides arizonasportsfans.

you are really starting to get on my nerves, ive been on plenty of suns forums, and while i like ASFN the best there are great posters on each one of those sites.

judaspriestess
05-09-2007, 12:19 PM
I doubt that you have that many fans across the country. The way that the Spurs play, just isn't that exciting to the masses.

The Stockton/Malone days or the Bad Boy days should be long gone. The league is trying to repair its image.

don't kid yourself sweetie, the Spurs have plenty of fans. I don't live in San Antonio but in Vegas and there are plenty fans from all over the country and if you actually pay attention to the game other than being obsessed with a dunk, you can hear quite a bit of clapping in the crowd for the Spurs. The only other team I've seen with more fans is the Cavaliers. Sorry to burst your bubble.

dreamcastrocks
05-09-2007, 12:20 PM
don't kid yourself sweetie, the Spurs have plenty of fans. I don't live in San Antonio but in Vegas and there are plenty fans from all over the country and if you actually pay attention to the game other than being obsessed with a dunk, you can hear quite a bit of clapping in the crowd for the Spurs. The only other team I've seen with more fans is the Cavaliers. Sorry to burst your bubble.

The Spurs have more fans that the Heat or the Lakers? Come on now? You seriously think that?

dreamcastrocks
05-09-2007, 12:21 PM
you are really starting to get on my nerves, ive been on plenty of suns forums, and while i like ASFN the best there are great posters on each one of those sites.

I'm sure that there are diamonds in the rough everywhere. I don't like digging through shit to find it though.

I'm not going to lose any sleep if I get on your nerves. I call them like I see them. Always have, always will.

mardigan
05-09-2007, 12:23 PM
Has anyone seen the play in question besides the Suns fans? If so that says a lot especially since there still hasnt been any video proof

judaspriestess
05-09-2007, 12:25 PM
The Spurs have more fans that the Heat or the Lakers? Come on now? You seriously think that?

The Heat??? honey all those bandwagon fans are gone after their miserable flop. The lakers? all their "fans" are busy doing other things. When the lakers start winning again, they'll crop up again but in the meantime they are MIA except for the faithful. There are Spurs fans a plenty around the country, don't kid yourself. If they were so disliked no one would be talking about them good or bad.

ambchang
05-09-2007, 12:32 PM
It really is hard to see. I think the NBA replays on the ESPN website shows it a little.

It is hard to see, and is hard to tell if it is malicious. It is not as mad as some of the other plays that we have seen. You can tell that Amare did come down wrong after the play though.

I think they are talking about the play where Diaw had that awesome no-look behind the back pass.
:lmao
THAT was an intentional kick? Bowen should be suspended because of THAT? This is hilarious, it was barely even a scratch!
If you want to play non-contact sports, go play badminton or bowling.

Pistons < Spurs
05-09-2007, 12:32 PM

Yep, that's the play in question....and I have to say this entire discussion is much to do about nothing. That's the kick that's got everyone so riled up? WOW. Sorry Suns fans, Bruce will not be getting suspended.

cherylsteele
05-09-2007, 12:33 PM
THAT was an intentional kick? Bowen should be suspended because of THAT? This is hilarious, it was barely even a scratch!
Those shuttlecocks can put an eye out.:spin

dreamcastrocks
05-09-2007, 12:35 PM
The Heat??? honey all those bandwagon fans are gone after their miserable flop. The lakers? all their "fans" are busy doing other things. When the lakers start winning again, they'll crop up again but in the meantime they are MIA except for the faithful. There are Spurs fans a plenty around the country, don't kid yourself. If they were so disliked no one would be talking about them good or bad.

Bandwagon fans or not, they have more than the Spurs. Kobe is a huge draw around the league. So are Wade and Shaq. So is LeBron. So is Carmelo and AI.

Them are the breaks. The Spurs are talked about because of how good the TEAM is, not how good their fanbase is. Major difference.

mardigan
05-09-2007, 12:35 PM
If that was the play in question thats pathetic, Bruce didnt even do anything.

dreamcastrocks
05-09-2007, 12:36 PM

I'm with you. There is no way in hell you get suspended for stuff like that.

Durruti
05-09-2007, 12:40 PM

Huh? You can't even see the play in that video. :dizzy

Man of Steel
Like I said before SUNS in 6.

Now that is not a slanderous take! :lol

(Yawn)

Yeah yeah yeah.

Move over--

Denver fans patented that shit--you need something new.

zrinkill
I just watched the video ..... this is retarded, Bowen was not even looking down.

Anyone who thinks that was intentional is a complete dumbass .....

Yea ..... a dumbass.

cornbread
05-09-2007, 12:42 PM
Still, I don't think anyone can hold a candle to Bowen when it comes to dirty tricks, and it's time the league sent him a message before he seriously hurts someone. Why is that so controversial?
Yeah, Raja Bell, Reggie Evans, James Posey, Danny Fortson and Matt Harping can't hold a candle to Bowen. :rolleyes

If you've watched any Spurs games this season you would realize that Bowen has been an absolute pussycat since the Knicks game (when the league sent him a message) at the beginning of the season.

zrinkill
05-09-2007, 12:45 PM

Because you are making stuff up ......

mardigan
05-09-2007, 12:46 PM
Huh? You can't even see the play in that video. :dizzy
Yes you can, and you could tell Bruce didnt do anything. Just little bitch fans that only see what they want to see. On the video, look at the time on the clock when Diaw does the no-look, its right at 10:24 when all the other posters said it was. It was nothing, it looked like he just landed wrong, I dont even think Bruce touched him. If you really think that was a suspension, either you shouldnt be allowed to watch basketball or Raja Bell should be suspended as well for his much more obvious foul on Manu in game 1

LilMissSPURfect
05-09-2007, 12:55 PM
AGAIN , link to video......? i don't see anything on espn....

Man of Steel
05-09-2007, 12:56 PM
That's because there is NO link!

This is all bullshit.

mardigan
05-09-2007, 12:58 PM

Look at the Diaw no-look to Amare, they show it twice. This replay should be the ends of this dumbass thread

cornbread
05-09-2007, 12:58 PM
The argument for the dirty "kick" isn't as convincing when the video is actually viewed. You'll have to use your imagination.

Durruti
05-09-2007, 01:04 PM
You can't see the play in that video. Maybe someone will rip it and upload to youtube.

Anyway, it's not just Vince and Isaiah who have called out Bowen. Allen has too, and can't blame him considering Bowen kicked him in the back AFTER A PLAY. So has Phil Jackson, Steve Francis, plenty of others. Even Nash at one point I think. You don't get consistently labeled a dirty player for nothing. Hell, just google "dirtiest player in the nba" and his name will pop up immediately.

There are plenty of players in the nba who deliver tough fouls with unecessary roughness, including Raja. But Bowen's in a whole different league.

We're talking about a guy who's signature move is to undercut jumpshooters in the hope they roll their ankles. That's about as low as it gets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drPQkEsM8uM

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if that's what he was trying to do to Amare, ended up kicking him in the Achilles instead (then he looked immediately at the refs to see if anyone noticed;)

If you're not willing to admit that Bowen is a dirty SOB who intentionally puts other players at risk I don't know what to say. It's just that obvious and I think the league should send him a message.

End of story.

mardigan
05-09-2007, 01:07 PM
You can't see the play in that video. Maybe someone will rip it and upload to youtube.

Anyway, it's not just Vince and Isaiah who have called out Bowen. Allen has too, and can't blame him considering Bowen kicked him in the back AFTER A PLAY. So has Phil Jackson, Steve Francis, plenty of others. Even Nash at one point I think. You don't get consistently labeled a dirty player for nothing. Hell, just google "dirtiest player in the nba" and his name will pop up immediately.

There are plenty of players in the nba who deliver tough fouls with unecessary roughness, including Raja. But Bowen's in a whole different league.

We're talking about a guy who's signature move is to undercut jumpshooters in the hope they roll their ankles. That's about as low as it gets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drPQkEsM8uM

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if that's what he was trying to do to Amare, ended up kicking him in the Achilles instead (then he looked immediately at the refs to see if anyone noticed;)

If you're not willing to admit that Bowen is a dirty SOB who intentionally puts other players at risk I don't know what to say. It's just that obvious and I think the league should send him a message.

End of story.
Are you fucking retarded, I just watched it like 8 times. Look at the time on the clock, its exactly where the fans bitching on the other board say it is, right at the 10:24 or so mark. It shows the same play twice, so you have got to be lying to yourself or are so blinded by hate that you wont admit your wrong, but, your wrong and this thread is a big steaming piece of shit, end of story

zrinkill
05-09-2007, 01:11 PM
this thread is a big steaming piece of shit, end of story

Pistons < Spurs
05-09-2007, 01:13 PM
A little larger view of the play. You can even full screen it if you want. The play comes at the 1:15 mark of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QigtC_J_1K0

Again, quite clearly, nothing even remotely resembling a foul let alone a suspension.

kps0001
05-09-2007, 01:19 PM
looks like a good play to me.

PM5K
05-09-2007, 01:20 PM
I can't believe it's not raining, I never thought I'd see the day that someone called our team thugs, especially not this ittiration of our team....

timvp
05-09-2007, 01:20 PM
What a weak thread. There's nothing in that play worth looking at.

dreamcastrocks
05-09-2007, 01:23 PM
What a weak thread. There's nothing in that play worth looking at.

The play before that where you could argue that Bowen tried to step on his foot Amare's foot is worse. I don't think he did there either, but you could at least make a case on that one.

foodie2
05-09-2007, 01:23 PM
Yeah, Raja Bell, Reggie Evans, James Posey, Danny Fortson and Matt Harping can't hold a candle to Bowen. :rolleyes

If you've watched any Spurs games this season you would realize that Bowen has been an absolute pussycat since the Knicks game (when the league sent him a message) at the beginning of the season.

And let us not forget Eduardo Najera, my candidate for DirtyPOY.

DarrinS
05-09-2007, 01:25 PM
Bruce was intentionally trying to hurt Amare. Here's conclusive evidence.

http://cdn.channel.aol.com/channels/0f/02/445a15bb-001b4-0510a-400cb8e1

Oops. Wrong picture. My bad.

sunsbum
didnt look dirty to me.

sunsbum

no wonder manus crawling in his hole.

mardigan
05-09-2007, 01:26 PM
So I guess we are done here, Bruce didnt do shit and Durrati just likes to make things up, so I guess everything is in its right place

zrinkill
05-09-2007, 01:28 PM
So I guess we are done here, Bruce didnt do shit and Durrati just likes to make things up, so I guess everything is in its right place

Yup ...... thats it exactly

kps0001
05-09-2007, 01:30 PM

I am curious. Being a Suns fan I am biased and may have some homer glasses on but I try to look at thing as objectively as I can; but other than that play what is that Raja does that makes people think of him as a dirty player. Because he is almost as good at the flop as Manu? Because he plays in your face defense and forces his opponents into taking tough shots?

As stated before there was quite some history between Raja and Kobe before that takedown by Raja. But I only see or hear that as the sole reason Raja is seen as dirty. Please advise.

dmac
05-09-2007, 01:32 PM

Did you see BIG STRONG Amare being held by one hand of a little bitch?

jmard5
05-09-2007, 01:35 PM

You know, I think you pride yourself as "mr know-it-all". Why don't you shut up? You are embarassing yourself and to all the NBA fans. Obviously, you do not know what you are talking about.

SHUT UP! Will you? :lol

DarrinS
05-09-2007, 01:38 PM
I am curious. Being a Suns fan I am biased and may have some homer glasses on but I try to look at thing as objectively as I can; but other than that play what is that Raja does that makes people think of him as a dirty player. Because he is almost as good at the flop as Manu? Because he plays in your face defense and forces his opponents into taking tough shots?

As stated before there was quite some history between Raja and Kobe before that takedown by Raja. But I only see or hear that as the sole reason Raja is seen as dirty. Please advise.

I don't think Raja is a dirty player. FYI... Raja and Bruce are actually good friends and work out together in the off season.

And that same question could be asked about Bruce Bowen. Is he "dirty" because he plays very intense man-to-man defense? He tends to get under the skin of some players, e.g. Ray Allen, Kobe, to name a few, but that's because he frustrates them.

foodie2
A little larger view of the play. You can even full screen it if you want. The play comes at the 1:15 mark of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QigtC_J_1K0

Again, quite clearly, nothing even remotely resembling a foul let alone a suspension.

Okay, I just watched this one full screen about 10 times. Are you kidding me? THIS is what everyone is bitching about all over the Internet?

jmard5

Nah, that poster might be too clumsy to hold a racket or a ball. He might injure himself. Ask him to give chess a try.

Budkin
05-09-2007, 01:41 PM
Someone lock this thread. It is worthless.

kps0001
05-09-2007, 01:47 PM
I don't think Raja is a dirty player. FYI... Raja and Bruce are actually good friends and work out together in the off season.

And that same question could be asked about Bruce Bowen. Is he "dirty" because he plays very intense man-to-man defense? He tends to get under the skin of some players, e.g. Ray Allen, Kobe, to name a few, but that's because he frustrates them.

That is something i didn't know about Raja and Bowen. Thanks

You do bring up a good point. Most good defenders have had that "dirty" stigma with the exceptions of Jordan and Hakeem coming to mind.

JustSpurs
05-09-2007, 01:47 PM
*Don't feed the trolls.*

J.T.
05-09-2007, 01:48 PM
In before lock.

Spurstalk rules.

DarrinS
05-09-2007, 01:49 PM
That is something i didn't know about Raja and Bowen. Thanks

You do bring up a good point. Most good defenders have had that "dirty" stigma with the exceptions of Jordan and Hakeem coming to mind.

If you looked up "dirty player" in the dictionary, you'd see a picture of these two:

http://www.utahjazz.com.br/02172005-malone_stockton.jpg

zrinkill
05-09-2007, 01:51 PM
If you looked up "dirty player" in the dictionary, you'd see a picture of these two:

http://www.utahjazz.com.br/02172005-malone_stockton.jpg

This would be the next one

http://www.hoopsvibe.com/IMG/jason_terry-arton21209-240x240.jpg

longrod
05-09-2007, 01:53 PM
Haven't had a chance to watch this yet but apparently it's quite clear.

Bruce is the man! :toast

kps0001
05-09-2007, 01:55 PM
Someone lock this thread. It is worthless.

Why lock it? Yes the point of the thread has been proven pointless or worthless but there are some of Suns fans here that are tyring to carry on some decent dialogue and learn more about your team.

We aren't all "trolls". God I hate that term.

TxJudsonRocketTx
05-09-2007, 01:55 PM
Bowen kicked him in his Achilles because Amare didnt have any nuts to kick

Nashfan
05-09-2007, 02:10 PM
I looked at the video and I did not see anything done by Bowen to Amare. I just think Amare came down wrong, which is why I think he winced. Nothing dirty that I could see.

kps0001
05-09-2007, 02:12 PM
Bowen kicked him in his Achilles because Amare didnt have any nuts to kick

Yup he left em in Bowens mouth while he was busy throwing it down. Ok that was bad. Actually I think Amare refers to them as gonads since they(local radio) always replay a interview with Amare stating how Bowen, I think, kneed him there in a game earlier in the season. Its a funny clip.

I am just glad to see we got some dunks and it only took us until about 7 mins left in the 2nd quarter of game 2.

zrinkill
05-09-2007, 02:14 PM
Yup he left em in Bowens mouth while he was busy throwing it down.

So Amare is gay?
:lol

kps0001
05-09-2007, 02:17 PM
So Amare is gay?

anything is possible I guess. I am not too concerned with the sexual orientation of our players though however I do question Diaw from time to time. I would be questioning Bowen in this case.

DarrinS
05-09-2007, 02:19 PM
anything is possible I guess. I am not too concerned with the sexual orientation of our players though however I do question Diaw from time to time. I would be questioning Bowen in this case.

Diaw isn't gay -- he's just French.

kps0001
05-09-2007, 02:20 PM
Diaw isn't gay -- he's just French.

So Parker is just using Eva as a cover up for the relationship between he and Diaw. Its all so clear now.

my2sons
05-09-2007, 02:21 PM
They won game 4 to keep their season alive in 2005. Did you already forget?
you mean the one that died shortly thereafter...thanks for reminding me...

Solid D
05-09-2007, 02:21 PM
It's the playoffs. If your team isn't holding, scratching, pushing and flopping to get calls (which PHX is doing also, BTW), then your team is soft and will be eliminated. Tony Parker is still trying to pry loose along the baseline so that he can either back pick for Timmy or cycle through to receive a pass.

my2sons
05-09-2007, 02:22 PM

So Parker is just using Eva as a cover up for the relationship between he and Diaw. Its all so clear now.

thats a pretty good cover up

Soul_Patch
05-09-2007, 02:58 PM
www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showthread.php=3ft=3d90399

These guys really have some issues to deal with.

Apparently the spurs goal in this series is simply to injur the suns, so we can try and compete.

:dizzy

i dont even really know what to say about that.

dreamcastrocks
05-09-2007, 03:00 PM
you mean the one that died shortly thereafter...thanks for reminding me...

If the Suns win in SA again, that won't happen.

Soul_Patch
05-09-2007, 03:10 PM
I can't see how someone would think that a reasonable human being, (bruce bowen) would seriously try to hurt someone.

I mean, bruce bowen is a fairly upstanding citizen, he didnt come straight out of prison, or isn't 19 years old out of some inner city youth program. This is a middle aged adult man, who does a lot for his city and community. He is a devout christian as well, donating much of his free time to his church.

Now given all of that, could you reasonably expect that he turns into dr jekly on the court, roaming around intentionally looking to break peoples ankles. I mean seriously, think about it for a second.

He plays aggressive defense, which puts him up close to a lot of jump shooters. He is going to get tangled up occasionally, but intentionally? wow.

reading some of these posts on the AZ boards and from suns fans, you'd think the spurs are a prison league team with brass knuckles and rolled up quarters in socks. I dont get it really.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-09-2007, 03:19 PM
I'm beginning to understand why Laker fans hate the Suns fans so much.

The Truth #6
05-09-2007, 03:23 PM
The reason Manu was on the ground in Amare's way was because Amare knocked him down with a moving screen. The ref didn't call that, so he wasn't going to call Manu impeding Amare either. That's why the ref threw his arms up in the air. Amare can't have it both ways.

Bowen and Bell are in the same territory but I think Bowen has pulled back from some of his stuff in the past. Bell seems to be warming up. Whereas Bowen gets in hidden little jabs, Bell is more likely to throw elbows at the end of a play, or foul someone excessively hard (or clothesline them).

I think the Suns are crying because they still don't have the confidence to beat the Spurs. Nash does but the rest of the team doesn't.

nkdlunch
05-09-2007, 03:26 PM
LMAO Raja Bell plays dirtier than 2 Bowens. just ask kobe.

gmafb

kps0001
05-09-2007, 03:28 PM
I think the Suns are crying because they still don't have the confidence to beat the Spurs. Nash does but the rest of the team doesn't.

After a 20 point blowout they don't have confidence? You have some serious delusions of grandeur.

I don't think too many teams that are in line to win a championship lose a game in that fashion and not have their confidence blown just a bit. I don't know the stats on it but I would venture to say that there aren't too many teams that have won a champoinship as of late that get blown out by 20 pts in a game either.

Xylus
05-09-2007, 03:58 PM
It did look like Bowen was trying to accomplish something by sticking his leg out like that, but I don't think it's worthy of any sort of suspension or fine. The ref probably should have caught it when it happened, but there's not much you can do about it now.

Unless I see the play from a better angle showing Bowen with the intent of harming Amare, I don't think this is worth talking about.

Re: Raja Bell. The guy ain't dirty, he just hated Kobe Bryant.

doldrums
05-09-2007, 04:00 PM

they are cry babies and Charles Barkley is right -it's a cult out there. You cannot put down the Suns only the external factors just as you cannot put down their weather. Every time it's 120 degrees, the cult repeats the mantra "yeah, but it's a dry heat". so is my oven.

Dimes
05-09-2007, 04:02 PM
I don't know the stats on it but I would venture to say that there aren't too many teams that have won a champoinship as of late that get blown out by 20 pts in a game either.
Spurs got blown out by 17 and 31 pts. in games 3 & 4 of the '05 finals. How did that turn out?

dreamcastrocks
05-09-2007, 04:03 PM

not all of us are created equal.

dbreiden83080
05-09-2007, 04:04 PM
After a 20 point blowout they don't have confidence? You have some serious delusions of grandeur.

I don't think too many teams that are in line to win a championship lose a game in that fashion and not have their confidence blown just a bit. I don't know the stats on it but I would venture to say that there aren't too many teams that have won a champoinship as of late that get blown out by 20 pts in a game either.

Yeah you don't know much when did you start watching the NBA three weeks ago. Spurs got blown out several times in 05 and 03 both years they won championships. This is not uncommon to the Spurs or any team for that matter in the playoffs.

kps0001
05-09-2007, 04:05 PM
lol...you bring up the weather. that is funny. believe me when I say it isn't the Phoenix people that use the dry heat term but the hundreds of thousands of tourists that come here each year. If a Phoenician uses that term it is in jest. But go ahead and diss us on our weather. :sleep

kps0001
05-09-2007, 04:06 PM
Yeah you don't know much when did you start watching the NBA three weeks ago. Spurs got blown out several times in 05 and 03 both years they won championships. This is not uncommon to the Spurs or any team for that matter in the playoffs.

:rolleyes I have short term memory problems. combined with the fact that I am not a spurs fan. So I am wrong. I said I wasn't sure and was pure speculation. my bad.

Xylus
05-09-2007, 04:08 PM
Another topic devolving into a fanbase vs. fanbase war. :rolleyes

kps0001
05-09-2007, 04:10 PM
Another topic devolving into a fanbase vs. fanbase war. :rolleyes

well thanks for your participation and contribution in helping evolve this from a fanbase war with your insight. :rolleyes

Xylus
05-09-2007, 04:12 PM
well thanks for your participation and contribution in helping evolve this from a fanbase war with your insight. :rolleyes
I already added my two cents on this topic about 10 posts ago.

LavaLamp
05-09-2007, 04:15 PM

What was the score in Game2 at the moment Popovich decided to pull his starters (or primary bench players) from the floor?

dreamcastrocks
05-09-2007, 04:19 PM
What was the score in Game2 at the moment Popovich decided to pull his starters (or primary bench players) from the floor?

The Suns were up about 14 with 4 and a half to go.

sammy
05-09-2007, 04:27 PM

Give me a break! Your thug Barbosa and Marion undercut Parker and no flagrant! If anything that thug should be suspended! What about the forearm to Manu's head that the thug Bell landed on Manu in Game 1! Those two should be suspended! :bang

sammy
05-09-2007, 04:27 PM
This would be the next one

http://www.hoopsvibe.com/IMG/jason_terry-arton21209-240x240.jpg

Add Raja Bell!

Catharsis
05-09-2007, 04:36 PM

Not fair, Kobe had twice intentionally elbowed Raja in the face which led to the clothesline...and about 90% of this board was happy it happened.

MadDog73
05-09-2007, 04:36 PM
lol...you bring up the weather. that is funny. believe me when I say it isn't the Phoenix people that use the dry heat term but the hundreds of thousands of tourists that come here each year. If a Phoenician uses that term it is in jest. But go ahead and diss us on our weather. :sleep

San Antonio has no place to talk about weather.... Hot and sticky. Cold and damp. Or, just flooding. Take your pick.

Catharsis
05-09-2007, 04:39 PM
Give me a break! Your thug Barbosa and Marion undercut Parker and no flagrant! If anything that thug should be suspended! What about the forearm to Manu's head that the thug Bell landed on Manu in Game 1! Those two should be suspended! :bangYes, and Parker helped by fading away over Barbosa's back. Give me a break!

And regarding Bell's foul on Manu, that's called a hard foul. You don't foul a player and give him a chance to get the shot off. Bell knew better and made sure the foul was hard. Why is it okay for a Spur to do that, but not any other team?

Gros Membres!
05-09-2007, 04:41 PM

OMG. I rarely disagree and feel the need to speak out negatively around here but your post is just ridiculous. It's just pure and simple, blind homerism. I think the reason the Spurs get a bad rap is that they know how to play GOOD (and by Good I do not necessarily mean defined by the laws of YOUR morality) but are a team that hustles, kicks, grabs, and scrapes their way to frustrating a team's offensive flow.

The Manu hold was blatant but he had just been pushed down on a questionable screen (that came late and from the back) by Stoudemire. A no call is there to benefit both players - could have been an easy foul on Stoudemire and was a no-call on Ginobili to offset.

I will admit that Bowen sometimes let's his competitive spirit get the best of him but I do not think he's willing trying to injure Amare. I just don't buy it. I do believe that Bruce would claw, bite, or scratch anyone to earn his paycheck and help his team. Nothing wrong with that, imho. Actually, I respect it and when I watch the Suns it makes me realize what a bunch of assholes they are who choose to show up when they feel like it - let's just see if they can play 2 games of solid efense in a row. Phoenix only know what it means to scrap like they did last night when their backs are against the wall because their style is fed with finesse, high fives, and fancy passes not blue-collar, in-the-ditches findamental understanding of what it means to be a champion.

Sorry, but basketball is so much more than what the highlights on ESPN. Trophy case, check.

LavaLamp
05-09-2007, 04:49 PM
The Suns were up about 14 with 4 and a half to go.

Thx dreramcastrocks

rva006
05-09-2007, 04:55 PM
Why is it that every Spurs opponenet complains about the refs or lack of calls or no-calls. I mean it's not like the same is not being done to the Spurs. It's not like the Suns hold Duncan from cutting to the basket, or undercut Tony Parker, or cheap shot anyone. No not the Suns only the Spurs.
Here is a memo to Suns fans....ITS THE FREAKING NBA PLAYOFFS..Not the D-League or The And 1 Tournament...ITS THE FREAKING NBA PLAYOFFS...No BABIES ALLOWED. Go complain to your mama...If the Spurs lose we don't post that "Aww did you see the foul on Parker! or Duncan! I have it on Tivo I want to show it to David Stern" You know if the Suns are going to cry win or lose then I hope the Spurs win it in Phoenix so I can see the Phoenix fans cry like little babies how they should have won and the game was stolen from them.
Man thank goodness this Sun's team wasn't playing in the 80's they would have called for the Lakers or Portland teams to be arrested with the physical play back then. So what if Bowen "intentionally or unintentionally" kicked Amare you won and Amare is fine. Have a little class and wait for game 3 because it ain't over!!!

sammy
05-09-2007, 05:11 PM
Yes, and Parker helped by fading away over Barbosa's back. Give me a break!

And regarding Bell's foul on Manu, that's called a hard foul. You don't foul a player and give him a chance to get the shot off. Bell knew better and made sure the foul was hard. Why is it okay for a Spur to do that, but not any other team?

He fouled Manu, but that didn't give him a right to throw an elbow to the head after the whistle was blown! That was a cheap shot even that was mentioned by play by play guys! If you guys are going to attack Bruce Bowen being dirty and after watching the video where there was nothing then I'm going to bring up Bell! He is a punk and is dirty!

Man In Black
05-09-2007, 05:51 PM

Since when did you become the guy that gets to officially label players. You know the only label that matter when it comes to the team and the powers that be is 7 years straight ALL-NBA D Team.

Marion has been undercut so many times, its scary. Bowen has done it a few times from memory.

NAME 1 TIME! If you are talking Vince Carter or Steve Francis or even Kobe Bryant, it's not an undercut. Undercutting is what happened to Marion when he got knocked out in 2000 or what happened to Parker last night. What Bowen does is set a legal backscreen. Does he cut it close? EVERYTIME. Why does he do it? Because he needs that psychological advantage against the premier scorers in the L, who elbow, who bump, who shoulder strike, who push, who use moving screens to get past Bruce on the way to the hoop.

Again...what is it about 7 time ALL-NBA D Team do you not get? Should I add the last 4 seasons he has been the runner-up to the DPOY. Let's call him what he is...THE BEST DAMN PERIMETER DEFENDER IN THE L. Don't believe me? Look at the players he guards averages when they play against them. The bulk of them...1 point per shot. 25 points sounds good. 25 points on 25 shots...wholly ineffective. AKA A Black Hole.

And honestly, I think Spurs fans should be saying the same thing. You may have a dirty team but you have the classiest fan base in the league. You should be calling out Bowen as well

He has done nothing to warrant the kind of negativity your trying to sway us with.

We're calling him the best damn perimeter defender in the L, the league has been sent tapes and complaints about this perceived thuggery and how many times have you seen him get suspended? NOT ONE DAMN TIME!!!! They see the effort, they see how much he cares about his defense. Not once did you see him pull down the shorts of an opposing player ala Artest. Not once did you see him get tossed from a game for fighting. Not once did you see him jump into the stands ala SJax, and finally, not once did you see his name in the police blotter for rape, strip club attacks, or gun brandishing. This thing that you say should be called out, has been called out. He has been called the BEST PERIMETER DEFENDER IN THE LEAGUE.

bigfundamental21
05-09-2007, 06:35 PM
This is the most ridiculous thread ever. Leave it to Suns fans to be so dramatic. :dramaquee

Spurs Dynasty 21
05-09-2007, 06:38 PM
any pic or vid of this?

Axl Van Dam
05-09-2007, 06:40 PM

:wakeup It's called veteran smarts WHINER BOY!!!!! :wakeup

bonesinaz
05-09-2007, 07:07 PM

Phoenix sucks. I can hardly wait to move out of this dust-devil hell.

timvp
05-09-2007, 07:35 PM
any pic or vid of this?

Yes it was already proven pages before that there is nothing on the video that shows Bowen doing anything wroing.

Spurs Dynasty 21
05-09-2007, 07:38 PM
Yes it was already proven pages before that there is nothing on the video that shows Bowen doing anything wroing.

I figured, Bowen isn't a cheap or dirty

prob one of the classiest players in the NBA

anonymous coward
05-09-2007, 07:39 PM
who doubts that bowen is a dirty word censored ?

anonymous coward
05-09-2007, 07:41 PM
I figured, Bowen isn't a cheap or dirty

prob one of the classiest players in the NBA
:rolleyes

td4mvp21
05-09-2007, 07:52 PM
:lmao at this whole thread. Everyone was hitting the floor last night, Spurs players and Suns players. Neither the Spurs nor Suns are a dirty team. Get the fuck over it. Bowen is not dirty. Bell is not dirty (unless he plays Kobe). Bell did foul Ginobili a little extra than he should have, but it is a playoff game. Back in the day, those fouls were the norm. Suns fans, if you want a dirty team, then you should have prayed that the Nuggets beat the Spurs. Or you should have faced them two years ago. Or the Sonics from two years ago. Then you would understand what dirty is. Spurs players never intentionally try to hurt the other team's players. Never. Actually, they almost always help the other team's player up off the ground after a hard foul. What other team in the league does that? The Suns haven't done it nearly as much as the Spurs have in the two games so far this series. They play physical, it took the Suns a game to respond. Bowen didn't kick Amare, and even if he did, he wouldn't try to hurt him.

anonymous coward
05-09-2007, 08:02 PM
Bruce Bowen kicks Ray Allen:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MLgHeeOZJFI

Bruce Lee Bowen:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jAakQjpFibg

Bruce bowen's "foot defense"(S. Fransis & Crawford):
http://youtube.com/watch?v=drPQkEsM8uM

zrinkill
05-09-2007, 08:08 PM
Bruce Bowen kicks Ray Allen:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MLgHeeOZJFI

Bruce Lee Bowen:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jAakQjpFibg

Bruce bowen's "foot defense"(S. Fransis & Crawford):
http://youtube.com/watch?v=drPQkEsM8uM

Well Coward ....

the first was Bruce retaliating for Ray smacking him in the face .... and he barely pushed him with his foot.

the second was an accident

and so was the 3rd .....

You idiots are a joke.