PDA

View Full Version : Superstitions (Or Kori's Lucky Bras)

duncan228
05-09-2007, 11:48 AM
I know it's been done before but Kori's "lucky bras" got me thinking that this might be a good way to kill some time while waiting for Saturday.

We all must have something we do when the Spurs are playing.

On game days I try to wear one of my Spurs shirts at some point in the day.

This season I put a can of Spam on my monitor. With the Spurs logo on it.

Join me guys. Let's pass the time having some fun instead of feeding the trolls.

What do you do to bring the Spurs good karma? Be honest, the sillier the better!

Mr. Peabody
05-09-2007, 11:52 AM
I know it's been done before but Kori's "lucky bras" got me thinking that this might be a good way to kill some time while waiting for Saturday.

We all must have something we do when the Spurs are playing.

On game days I try to wear one of my Spurs shirts at some point in the day.

This season I put a can of Spam on my monitor. With the Spurs logo on it.

Join me guys. Let's pass the time having some fun instead of feeding the trolls.

What do you do to bring the Spurs good karma? Be honest, the sillier the better!

Before Game 7 of the Finals in 2005, I burned my unauthorized Fredericksburg Rd flea market "Three Amigos" Spurs t-shirt because of all the bad luck it brought.

TxJudsonRocketTx
05-09-2007, 11:54 AM
I pretty much pull this coffee table out thats in another room and sit on the edge of it basically because the last two times they've won the title that table was in my living room when I still lived in San Antonio and it always seemed to work. The year of the Fisher shot that table wasnt in the house because it was before I moved here to Tucson and was in L.A. So I never let it not see a game. Also when I had my own basketball goal in California I'd run outside every commercial break and make sure I hit three shots from "3 point land" or the second crack in the sidewalk, when I did that I allowed myself to go back in, unfortunately I sometimes went Manu Ginobili and bricked them for about 10 minutes, thus missing a few minutes of the game

SpursFanFirst
05-09-2007, 11:56 AM
I wear anything black, white, or gray, and my Spurs wristbands. And last year, I had black and white jelly beans that I lined up around my coffee table at home or around my computer at work...we all know how last year turned out, so I ditched the beans this year.

:spin Good times!

BigBeezie
05-09-2007, 12:04 PM
I never drink a beer from Mexico on a game night. When the Spurs lost to the Mavs last year in game 7, I was drinking Corona. When they blew the game with the Fisher shot, I was drinking Modelo. That being said, I will still have a shot of tequila only AFTER a big win. When the Spurs won it all in 2005, I had about three BIG shots of Sauza.

samikeyp
05-09-2007, 12:09 PM
I change or don't change the channels during the commercials. If the Spurs are going well I will change the channel during the commercial. When the game is back on..if they start playing like shit...I don't change the channel at the next break.

I didn't do any of that last night.

Holy crap...I just realized....

IT WAS MY FAULT!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:)

angel_luv
05-09-2007, 12:12 PM
Every play off run, I pick an accesory and wear a new one of that kind to every GTG.

2005 it was baseball caps
2006 it was hair ribbon.
2007 is flip flops.

angel_luv
05-09-2007, 12:13 PM
Also when GTG's are at Kori and L.J.'s house I always sit in the same spot.

SpursFanFirst
05-09-2007, 12:19 PM
Also when GTG's are at Kori and L.J.'s house I always sit in the same spot.

:lol That's one way to get the best chair for TV viewing...who's gonna mess with karma?!? :D

angel_luv
05-09-2007, 12:40 PM
:lol That's one way to get the best chair for TV viewing...who's gonna mess with karma?!? :D

Actually my spot is on the carpet. :)

jman3000
05-09-2007, 12:56 PM
i haven't taken off my spurs wristbands for about a year and a half.

i try to wear something with black or silver/grey on game days.

i drink copious amounts of beer.

Big P
05-09-2007, 01:11 PM
I try not to read stupid posts, like "Who are you most afraid of, GS or Utah?"

IMO who ever starts those kind of jinx threads should be banned, that is just plain stupid shit, looking beyond the Suns after winning 1 frigging game of a 7 game series.

sa_butta
05-09-2007, 01:18 PM
During the Nuggets series (games 2-4) and game 1 of the Suns series I wore my Ginobili Jersey on games days. I would cover my jersey with a red fleece before game time and Ginobili would have a bad game. But the Spurs won each of those games. On the days I did not do this the Spurs have lost. I did not wear the jersey with the fleece last night. I will get my shit together and be ready for game 3. I know what I have to do.

easjer
05-09-2007, 01:20 PM
I've already apologized, what the fuck do you want from me?!?!?! I know it's all my fault, ok? I had to work. I didn't want to work at home. I hate my job and I'm tired of working on this shit, but it had to get done. I SAID I WAS SORRY.

easjer
05-09-2007, 01:23 PM
Ok, more seriously?

It's kind of dumb, but I put on a pair of comfy pants (there are 2 to choose from, but I like the black for extra luck) and one of three shirts and I spend the game on my exercise ball. In the same area. I also blog during the games (recently) and they've won.

Last night I had to bring work home, so I wasn't really watching the game, I wasn't in one of the special shirts and I wasn't on the exercise ball, and I wasn't blogging. I ended up so tired I nearly threw a temper tantrum and so I went to bed at the half.

And you see what the results were.

If I'd been able to send happy thoughts and watch the game, that might have averted this tragedy!

For Saturday and a little extra luck, I'm going to try really hard to find my wristband. It served us all well during 2005.

SpursFanFirst
05-09-2007, 01:26 PM
Actually my spot is on the carpet. :)

Haha...OK, nevermind...I think your "seat" will be safe :)

WayDowntownBang
05-09-2007, 01:29 PM
Before Game 7 of the Finals in 2005, I burned my unauthorized Fredericksburg Rd flea market "Three Amigos" Spurs t-shirt because of all the bad luck it brought.

That was the night I almost jumped off the bridge. :bang

Timmy!
05-09-2007, 02:38 PM
I always watch the playoff games in the nude!

Spurs R Us
05-09-2007, 03:08 PM
During Game 7 against the Pistons in 2005 I changed my shirt whenever I thought things needed to turn around.
I started in a long sleeve White shooting shirt, then changed to a short sleeve black and white shooting shirt and ended the night in a long sleeve black shooting shirt.
My friends and family all thought I was nuts, but hey the Spurs won didn't they!!

MoSpur
05-09-2007, 03:24 PM
When I pump the games up like having barbeque or ask friends to meet up and stuff, they usually lose. On days where I don't do anything special and just watch at home and have just have like a sandwich or fideo, they win. Last night, I was pumping up the game and was talking about it the whole day. We even got pizza. Guess what? They lost.

That's why I don't think I should go to a GTG. Something terrible might happen. On Saturday, I'll probably watch it alone in my garage while detail the truck or something boring like that.

J.T.
05-09-2007, 03:32 PM
Well, I was wearing my auth home or away Manu jerseys depending on what the Spurs are wearing for each game, but Manu has been crap lately so I may not do that anymore. In fact I may sell both of them for fifty cents, since every turd Manu continues to drop in the playoffs is only depreciating their value.

SsKSpurs21
05-09-2007, 06:39 PM
HAHAHA THIS THREAD ROCKS!

what i do is i shift positions. if iam sitting there and i put my hand on my head and the spurs score, i dont remove it until they mess up. one time i found myself laying on my back watching the game upside down when steve kerr went crazy against dallas in 2003 WCF.

another thing i do: if i start watching after the game has started and we have a big lead and the spurs start losing the lead i will stop watching. i did that twice this year and the spurs ended up winning. i stopped watching two of the mavs/gs series games because the mavs were making a run, which they ended up losing.

George Gervin's Afro
05-09-2007, 06:56 PM
I boil crawfish and drink Tecate..I did on Sunday..but didn't yesteday :oops During the 05 run whenever I ate crawfish we won..when I did not we lost

LavaLamp
05-09-2007, 07:00 PM
I boil crawfish and drink Tecate..I did on Sunday..but didn't yesteday :oops During the 05 run whenever I ate crawfish we won..when I did not we lost

This thread is funny. :-)

I don't really do anything out of superstition but I religiously DVR the games so I can replay nice plays.

I also say a prayer that no player on either of the competing teams gets hurt.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-09-2007, 07:20 PM
I post on here about 4 down sucking the life out of our offense, and the little popsuckers come along to whine about it.

makedamnsure
05-09-2007, 08:22 PM
ok so game 1 against Denver, I wore Spurs stuff and we lost. the games after that, I wore whatever we won. yesterday's game, I wore a black Spurs shirt.

I know not to wear anything like that again on game days.

SPURS vs NBA media
05-09-2007, 09:40 PM
I try not to read stupid posts, like "Who are you most afraid of, GS or Utah?"

IMO who ever starts those kind of jinx threads should be banned, that is just plain stupid shit, looking beyond the Suns after winning 1 frigging game of a 7 game series.

I agree with you ,after the first or second game of the year their was a thread had something like what team do we do not want to play in the playoffs,the other day their was one what players can we trade for in the off season what a IDIOT.