PDA

View Full Version : Nowitzki: Fact vs. Fiction

LEONARD
05-09-2007, 12:30 PM
I didn't write this (pulled from a blog), but I tend to agree to an extent. I think fans of other teams just love to hate the guy. Under-state his great moments and over-state his not so great moments. He's no doubt had some untimely off games/series, but he's also had some timely games/series where he's carried the team.

All the "trade Dirk" or "Dirk can't win a title" talk is just crap IMO. Especially right now with his value at an all-time low. I'm curious what people think the Mavs would get that' better? :smokin

Anyway, here it is...

----------------

Since Dirk-bashing has been the most popular past-time to explain the Maverick meltdown, I decided to spend my lunch hour doing a little research to determine if there is any truth to the statements being thrown around these days:

We'll never win a championship with Nowitzki . . . .

Dirk plays well in the regular season, but doesn't show up in the playoffs . . .

He can't deliver in the crunch . . . .

A true superstar knows how to deliver in the big games . . . .

Although we all know that Maverick basketball experienced a complete turnaround the day that Don Nelson hand-picked Nowitzki in the draft, it doesn't seem to answer the critics who keep spinning the "can't win the big one" stigma. So I decided to do a little research and see if the above statements are really true. I didn't have time to research his entire career, but I did go through the stats of some of the key Maverick playoff runs over the past few years. Here we go . . . .

I started with a playoff series in 2002 because of the Kevin Garnett comparisons. That's when the Mavericks faced KG and the T-wolves in Round 1. The Mavericks won the 1st two games at home, with Dirk pouring in 30 and 31 pts for games 1 and 2 respectively. He also had 15 rebounds in each game. This was a best of 5 series, with the 3rd game in Minnesota. Since we're talking "crunch-time," game 3 was a must-win for the Wolves on their home floor, and the closer game for Dirk and the Mavs. Dirk rose to the occasion with 39 pts and 17 rebounds. KG scored 22 pts, with 17 rbs. Mavs win, series over. For the series, Dirk averaged 33 pts and 16 rbs. KG averaged 24 and 18. Would you still rather have Garnett?

If we take a look at 2003, this was the year Nellie took the Mavs to the Western Conference finals. But first they had to get past the high-flying Sacremento Kings, ala Bibby, Weber, Stoyakovich, Divac, Christie and Jackson. This was an incredible series with many memorable moments. But I'll cut to the chase: game 7, winner take all in Dallas. Would you call that crunch time? Check the records, Dirk delivered a 30 pt, 19 rb, performance with some incredible clutch shots down the stretch.

Mavs win and head to the finals against the former World Champion Spurs. For the series, Dirk averaged 22 pts and 14 rbs, but stood out as the hero in game 7.

Against the Spurs in the Western Finals, Dirk led the team by scoring 38 pts and 15 rbs as the Mavs stole game 1 in San Antonio. The second game in San Antonio resulted in a narrow Maverick defeat, but Nowitzki scored 23 pts and 10 rbs. Unfortunately, Nowitzki injured his knee in game three and was out for the rest of the series. Despite Steve Nash's presence, the Spurs cruised to win 3 of the next 4 and go on to win their 2nd world championship. Without Nowitzki, the Mavs were finished. It was truly an unfortunate time for the injury, but as you look back, this was really the only time he's suffered a significant injury over his entire career. Obviously this speaks volumes about his durability.

We all know how last season ended, but let's break it down a little further so we can separate fact from fiction. In round one, the Mavericks swept the series with the Grizzlies 4-0. Nowitzki averaged 31 pts per game, but solidified his status as a clutch player when on national TV he launched a long 3-pointer on the Grizzlies home court at the final buzzer to send the game into overtime. Without this shot, the Grizzlies would have won game 3 and would've been playing to tie the series in the next game at home. Of course, this was only the Grizzlies, so let's move on to the next round.

Next up, 3-time and defending World Champion San Antonio. Let's fast forward to Game 7, winner take all on the Spurs home floor. The ultimate cluch situation at the end of regulation with the Mavs down 3 pts, Nowitzki forces the ball through the lane and scores while absorbing a hard foul. He then proceeds to sink the do-or-die free throw to send game 7 into Overtime. He leads the Mavs to victory in OT and finishes with 37 pts and 15 rbs. For the series he averaged 27 pts and 13 rbs. Can you say MVP?

Next up Steve Nash and the Phoenix Suns. After a bad game 4, in which Nowitzki managed only 11 pts and the Suns routed the Mavs by 20 to tie the series at 2-2, game 5 proved to be a pivotal matchup. This was the infamous game where Sun's tough guy, Tim Thomas, blew a kiss towards Dirk as if to say you're too soft. Dirk proceeded to respond with 22 fourth quarter points to help solidify a 16 pt victory that ultimately took the wind out of the Sun's sails. Nowitzki finished with a franchise record 50 pts in that game, while the fans chanted MVP tauntingly in front of Steve Nash. Mavericks finish off the Suns in the next game and Dirk finishes the series averaging 28 pts and 13 rbs per game.

We all know the Mavs really blew the series against the Heat. There's a million excuses out there, including the newly instituted Dwyane Wade rule in which a player is guilty of a foul everytime he breathes on Wade. Of all the blame that was tossed around, i.e., referees don't like Mark Cuban, Pat Riley out-coached Avery Johnson, the game was slowed by Shaq and Dwyane Wade free throws, etc., it's pretty hard to blame Nowitzki. In the 6th and final game, Dirk scored 29 pts and 15 rbs, but Wade went to the free throw line 25 times. For the series, Nowitzki averaged 23 pts and 11 rbs.

As far as the Warriors series is concerned, the Mav's were totally blown-out and no one individual was responsible. It was a total team effort, or lack thereof. They ran into a quicker, more aggressive, hot shooting team with a coach that knew all the Mavericks' weaknesses. I'd call it the perfect storm. If it weren't for Dirk's miracle saving effort in game 5, or the fact that Baron Davis and Jackson were kicked out in game 2, this series would have been a clean sweep.

Opinions are cheap and emotional, but facts don't lie. I challenge anyone to present a factual case that supports the negative statements floating around about Nowitzki. Is he Michael Jordan or Magic Johnson? No, but he's a franchise player that any team in the league would love to have. You can't say he's a loser just because the Mavs haven't won a title. Basketball is a team sport that is complicated by matchups, streak shooters, coaching, etc. But people are emotional and want to blame everything on one person. Ridiculous!

Remember when Peyton Manning couldn't win the big one? Was Manning the only reason the Colts won or lost? No, they won the Super Bowl with the help of a solid running game and tough defense. Did the Colts ever consider trading Manning? Of course not!

mabber
05-09-2007, 12:44 PM
I didn't write this (pulled from a blog), but I tend to agree to an extent. I think fans of other teams just love to hate the guy. Under-state his great moments and over-state his not so great moments. He's no doubt had some untimely off games/series, but he's also had some timely games/series where he's carried the team.

All the "trade Dirk" or "Dirk can't win a title" talk is just crap IMO. Especially right now with his value at an all-time low. I'm curious what people think the Mavs would get that' better? :smokin

Anyway, here it is...

----------------

Since Dirk-bashing has been the most popular past-time to explain the Maverick meltdown, I decided to spend my lunch hour doing a little research to determine if there is any truth to the statements being thrown around these days:

We'll never win a championship with Nowitzki . . . .

Dirk plays well in the regular season, but doesn't show up in the playoffs . . .

He can't deliver in the crunch . . . .

A true superstar knows how to deliver in the big games . . . .

Although we all know that Maverick basketball experienced a complete turnaround the day that Don Nelson hand-picked Nowitzki in the draft, it doesn't seem to answer the critics who keep spinning the "can't win the big one" stigma. So I decided to do a little research and see if the above statements are really true. I didn't have time to research his entire career, but I did go through the stats of some of the key Maverick playoff runs over the past few years. Here we go . . . .

I started with a playoff series in 2002 because of the Kevin Garnett comparisons. That's when the Mavericks faced KG and the T-wolves in Round 1. The Mavericks won the 1st two games at home, with Dirk pouring in 30 and 31 pts for games 1 and 2 respectively. He also had 15 rebounds in each game. This was a best of 5 series, with the 3rd game in Minnesota. Since we're talking "crunch-time," game 3 was a must-win for the Wolves on their home floor, and the closer game for Dirk and the Mavs. Dirk rose to the occasion with 39 pts and 17 rebounds. KG scored 22 pts, with 17 rbs. Mavs win, series over. For the series, Dirk averaged 33 pts and 16 rbs. KG averaged 24 and 18. Would you still rather have Garnett?

If we take a look at 2003, this was the year Nellie took the Mavs to the Western Conference finals. But first they had to get past the high-flying Sacremento Kings, ala Bibby, Weber, Stoyakovich, Divac, Christie and Jackson. This was an incredible series with many memorable moments. But I'll cut to the chase: game 7, winner take all in Dallas. Would you call that crunch time? Check the records, Dirk delivered a 30 pt, 19 rb, performance with some incredible clutch shots down the stretch.

Mavs win and head to the finals against the former World Champion Spurs. For the series, Dirk averaged 22 pts and 14 rbs, but stood out as the hero in game 7.

Against the Spurs in the Western Finals, Dirk led the team by scoring 38 pts and 15 rbs as the Mavs stole game 1 in San Antonio. The second game in San Antonio resulted in a narrow Maverick defeat, but Nowitzki scored 23 pts and 10 rbs. Unfortunately, Nowitzki injured his knee in game three and was out for the rest of the series. Despite Steve Nash's presence, the Spurs cruised to win 3 of the next 4 and go on to win their 2nd world championship. Without Nowitzki, the Mavs were finished. It was truly an unfortunate time for the injury, but as you look back, this was really the only time he's suffered a significant injury over his entire career. Obviously this speaks volumes about his durability.

We all know how last season ended, but let's break it down a little further so we can separate fact from fiction. In round one, the Mavericks swept the series with the Grizzlies 4-0. Nowitzki averaged 31 pts per game, but solidified his status as a clutch player when on national TV he launched a long 3-pointer on the Grizzlies home court at the final buzzer to send the game into overtime. Without this shot, the Grizzlies would have won game 3 and would've been playing to tie the series in the next game at home. Of course, this was only the Grizzlies, so let's move on to the next round.

Next up, 3-time and defending World Champion San Antonio. Let's fast forward to Game 7, winner take all on the Spurs home floor. The ultimate cluch situation at the end of regulation with the Mavs down 3 pts, Nowitzki forces the ball through the lane and scores while absorbing a hard foul. He then proceeds to sink the do-or-die free throw to send game 7 into Overtime. He leads the Mavs to victory in OT and finishes with 37 pts and 15 rbs. For the series he averaged 27 pts and 13 rbs. Can you say MVP?

Next up Steve Nash and the Phoenix Suns. After a bad game 4, in which Nowitzki managed only 11 pts and the Suns routed the Mavs by 20 to tie the series at 2-2, game 5 proved to be a pivotal matchup. This was the infamous game where Sun's tough guy, Tim Thomas, blew a kiss towards Dirk as if to say you're too soft. Dirk proceeded to respond with 22 fourth quarter points to help solidify a 16 pt victory that ultimately took the wind out of the Sun's sails. Nowitzki finished with a franchise record 50 pts in that game, while the fans chanted MVP tauntingly in front of Steve Nash. Mavericks finish off the Suns in the next game and Dirk finishes the series averaging 28 pts and 13 rbs per game.

We all know the Mavs really blew the series against the Heat. There's a million excuses out there, including the newly instituted Dwyane Wade rule in which a player is guilty of a foul everytime he breathes on Wade. Of all the blame that was tossed around, i.e., referees don't like Mark Cuban, Pat Riley out-coached Avery Johnson, the game was slowed by Shaq and Dwyane Wade free throws, etc., it's pretty hard to blame Nowitzki. In the 6th and final game, Dirk scored 29 pts and 15 rbs, but Wade went to the free throw line 25 times. For the series, Nowitzki averaged 23 pts and 11 rbs.

As far as the Warriors series is concerned, the Mav's were totally blown-out and no one individual was responsible. It was a total team effort, or lack thereof. They ran into a quicker, more aggressive, hot shooting team with a coach that knew all the Mavericks' weaknesses. I'd call it the perfect storm. If it weren't for Dirk's miracle saving effort in game 5, or the fact that Baron Davis and Jackson were kicked out in game 2, this series would have been a clean sweep.

Opinions are cheap and emotional, but facts don't lie. I challenge anyone to present a factual case that supports the negative statements floating around about Nowitzki. Is he Michael Jordan or Magic Johnson? No, but he's a franchise player that any team in the league would love to have. You can't say he's a loser just because the Mavs haven't won a title. Basketball is a team sport that is complicated by matchups, streak shooters, coaching, etc. But people are emotional and want to blame everything on one person. Ridiculous!

Remember when Peyton Manning couldn't win the big one? Was Manning the only reason the Colts won or lost? No, they won the Super Bowl with the help of a solid running game and tough defense. Did the Colts ever consider trading Manning? Of course not!

I've thought about posting the same stuff but was too lazy. Dirk certainly has had two straight subpar playoff series, but overall he's been very good & clutch in the playoffs.

zrinkill
05-09-2007, 12:46 PM
Mav fans still crying huh?

:lol

Islymore
05-09-2007, 12:55 PM
sometimes... I wonder why ppl even comment. Is there any cryin' in this thread? amazes me... good blog, great thots. i see where all parties are comin' from on the whole Dirk topic.

he has been stellar in some POs, poor in others. I wouldnt trade him. But I would try my damndest to find someone to play low post. Bottom line. With his two subpar playoff stretches - maybe we should start investigating as to why Dirk has had them back to back. Maybe he really is tired, maybe its a psychological thing... who knows. Maybe its worth lookin into, you never know.

LEONARD
05-09-2007, 12:58 PM
Mav fans still crying huh?

WTF??

Genius...

aren't you the same idiot that said "Karma!" in another thread? :lol

zrinkill
05-09-2007, 01:00 PM
WTF??

Genius...

aren't you the same idiot that said "Karma!" in another thread? :lol

Yes ...... and you crybabies are feeling the effect.

Wahhhhhh Dirk is not a choke artist .... Waaahhhhhh everyone better stop saying that .....

Islymore
05-09-2007, 01:04 PM
^ i tell you... GENIUS at its finest...

LEONARD
05-09-2007, 01:07 PM
Yes ...... and you crybabies are feeling the effect.

Wahhhhhh Dirk is not a choke artist .... Waaahhhhhh everyone better stop saying that .....

hahaha...actually, your karma comment made no sense...

and this thread isn't about whining...genius...

zrinkill
05-09-2007, 01:09 PM
^ i tell you... GENIUS at its finest...

Yea ...... takes a real genius to show of your boobs .. :lol

Funny how people like Leonard talk trash all year badmouthing the Spurs...... but the minute they get knocked out wants to have "reasonable" conversations about the teams .....

:rolleyes

LEONARD
05-09-2007, 01:11 PM
Funny how people like Leonard talk trash all year badmouthing the Spurs...... but the minute they get knocked out wants to have "reasonable" conversations about the teams .....

:rolleyes

Where do I "badmouth the spurs?" :lol

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-09-2007, 01:23 PM
'Twas the first time I've ever seen the league MVP reduced to a bit player. He had 8 points and was virtually non-existent when his team needed him the most. If he doesn't score, he doesn't impact the game at all.

Great scorer, average defender and a horrid leader.

Islymore
05-09-2007, 01:35 PM
Yea ...... takes a real genius to show of your boobs .. :lol

:sleep :dramaquee

No, doesn't take genius at all really. But my boobs have nothing to do with my posts do they?? It's just a pic. It has nothing to do whatsoever with the posts you make and how stupid they are...

gtownspur
05-09-2007, 01:42 PM
Moral of the story, dirk can score on veteran shooting guards, but is scared shitless against Stephen Jackson and Matt Barnes, a gerryatric Zo, Haslem, and Harrignton.

But but,,,,.... he took it real strong to Finley in the WCSF in O6.

Pussy.

zrinkill
05-09-2007, 01:42 PM
:sleep :dramaquee

No, doesn't take genius at all really. But my boobs have nothing to do with my posts do they?? It's just a pic.

Hey .... dont get me wrong ..... they are nice ...... I am sure you could convince me to say whatever you wanted me too. :p:

Now to be serious ..... I will admit that me bringing your pic into this was wrong ..... I have never seen you take cheap shots at the Spurs or talk trash the entire offseason.

My post in this thread was a shot at the bigmouth who has been thumping his chest all year long.

I apologize to you .....

gtownspur
05-09-2007, 01:46 PM
Where do I "badmouth the spurs?" :lol

Definiteley not now since your brokeback mavericks blew a Steamer load on their glorius regular season championship banner.

Islymore
05-09-2007, 01:46 PM
Hey .... dont get me wrong ..... they are nice ...... I am sure you could convince me to say whatever you wanted me too. :p:

Now to be serious ..... I will admit that me bringing your pic into this was wrong ..... I have never seen you take cheap shots at the Spurs or talk trash the entire offseason.

My post in this thread was a shot at the bigmouth who has been thumping his chest all year long.

I apologize to you .....

its cool. we got no probs. nice to see you can be sweet, i think. :p:

mFFL03
05-09-2007, 02:02 PM
can we PLEASE stop knee jerking....

watch highlights of the playoff run during the 06 season.....then watch season highlights this year.....

the problem was the WHOLE team...not just one player.....not even michael jordan could win a game JUST by himself...he needed help....

dwayne wade on the other hand, now that was just BS

05-09-2007, 02:14 PM
Right, but who's the so-called leader of that team?

The face of the team and coach always get too much credit when the team wins and always too much blame when they lose.

mabber
05-09-2007, 02:18 PM
Right, but who's the so-called leader of that team?

The face of the team and coach always get too much credit when the team wins and always too much blame when they lose.

Cuban, Dirk & Avery are the faces of the team while Stack & Avery are the leaders.

LEONARD
05-09-2007, 02:37 PM

I didn't even write this dude...

and I haven't been thumping squat...

I've said all season that it would come down to the Mavs, Spurs, and Suns and any series would probably go 7. The Mavs fucked that up though. I've never said the Spurs were and easy matchup or anything close to that...

and you still haven't showed me where I "badmouth" the Spurs.

Definiteley not now since your brokeback mavericks blew a Steamer load on their glorius regular season championship banner.

see above

TheSanityAnnex
05-09-2007, 02:50 PM

Who gives a fuck about this series? Webber was out with a fucked up knee.

LEONARD
05-09-2007, 02:58 PM
Who gives a fuck about this series? Webber was out with a fucked up knee.

again, I didn't write this...

and it was 1-1 before Weber got hurt (game 2 was already decided when he went down if memory serves me correctly)...

LB7
05-09-2007, 03:08 PM

:wtf Finley? I believe the names you're looking for are Bowen and Ginobili.

TheSanityAnnex
05-09-2007, 03:10 PM
again, I didn't write this...

and it was 1-1 before Weber got hurt (game 2 was already decided when he went down if memory serves me correctly)...
I know you didn't write this...

But to call Dirk a hero of that series when Webber was out :rolleyes

LEONARD
05-09-2007, 03:22 PM
I know you didn't write this...

But to call Dirk a hero of that series when Webber was out :rolleyes

I don't think he called him a hero...he still made big shots in the series...

but I understand your point. Webber being out was obviously a huge factor...

dirk4mvp
05-09-2007, 03:27 PM
good read.

DarrinS
05-09-2007, 03:59 PM
INext up, 3-time and defending World Champion San Antonio. Let's fast forward to Game 7, winner take all on the Spurs home floor. The ultimate cluch situation at the end of regulation with the Mavs down 3 pts, Nowitzki forces the ball through the lane and scores while absorbing a hard foul.

Is he referring to Ginobili's foul on Dirk? It was a foul, but I'd hardly call it a HARD foul. Whatever.

LEONARD
05-09-2007, 04:02 PM
Is he referring to Ginobili's foul on Dirk? It was a foul, but I'd hardly call it a HARD foul. Whatever.

I knew somebody would say that... ;)

It wasn't what I'd call a "hard foul" (ie, a foul where you don't usually get the bucket), but he got him hard enough on the arm that it wasn't a given that he'd get the ball over the lip of the rim (it barely got over). It was enough contact to throw Dirk off balance at least...but not really a hard foul...

MrChug
05-09-2007, 05:09 PM
Under-state his great moments and over-state his not so great moments. He's no doubt had some untimely off games/series, but he's also had some timely games/series where he's carried the team.

Leonard, I feel ya as a Mavs fan. I think that from all the input I've gotten from Mavs fans who I still retain friendships with (how can I call myself a Spurs fan?!?!?! :lol )...and there are alot of them...it's moreso that the results that the "not so great moments" yielded were FAR more significant and crushing to the franchise, the fans, and the city than were his "great" moments.

zrinkill
05-09-2007, 05:44 PM
Wade said this about Dirk back in February ......

"Dirk says they gave us the championship last year, but he's the reason they lost the championship, because he wasn't the leader that he's supposed to be in the closing moments. That's because of great defense by us, but also he wasn't assertive enough as a leader's supposed to be.''

Thats what a person that played against him said ..... and he was right.

http://www.aolsportsblog.com/2007/05/05/was-dwyane-wade-right-about-dirk-nowitzki/

stretch
05-09-2007, 05:53 PM
No, he took it real strong to Ginobili and Bowen, on route to winning game 7.

zrinkill
05-09-2007, 05:57 PM
No, he took it real strong to Ginobili and Bowen, on route to winning game 7.

Yes he did ..... to bad the "good old days" for Mav fans does not involve a Championship.

05-09-2007, 06:02 PM
Looks like DWade was spot on. Too bad he got bounced in the 1st round as well.

They didn't lack leadership, they just sucked...

ponky
i quickly skimmed the article but i don't have to read it to get the gist. i already watch all the games played in the league every season, i know the real deal and while dirk had a crappy playoff run this year, only a fucking moron would be ready to throw him overboard. casual mavericks fans who are casual about any sport they watch will bash him and i could give a fuck, free up those seats for the real fans, bitches. fans of other teams will bash him because it's a natural progression of being a fan, same way i bash the spurs, suns, etc. when a team gets beat and goes down, it gives me a certain amount of pleasure and i expect the same effect is felt by fans of other teams when the mavs go down...you only have to look as far as this forum to see the giddiness that went down when the mavs got bumped. surround him with the right guys and he will be alright, particularly a very good point guard and a low post scorer, not just a center who's going to collect fouls.

LEONARD
Wade said this about Dirk back in February ......

"Dirk says they gave us the championship last year, but he's the reason they lost the championship, because he wasn't the leader that he's supposed to be in the closing moments. That's because of great defense by us, but also he wasn't assertive enough as a leader's supposed to be.''

Thats what a person that played against him said ..... and he was right.

http://www.aolsportsblog.com/2007/05/05/was-dwyane-wade-right-about-dirk-nowitzki/

The Mavs choked as a team in that series...

and Dirk hit a ridiculous shot at the end of game 5 that would've been the game winner had Wade not gotten 2 FT's right after that...

Yes he did ..... to bad the "good old days" for Mav fans does not involve a Championship.

"good old days"...so the Mavs chance has passed?? :lol

zrinkill
05-09-2007, 08:14 PM
"good old days"...so the Mavs chance has passed?? :lol

Yes ..... Beating the Spurs in the playoffs is the highlight of the Mavs organization ..... thats how sad your team is.

Fabbs
05-09-2007, 08:46 PM
To blame the series on Dirk is bogus.
Same with the Title vs Miami last year.

I would put much more blame on Avery.

Losing to Golden State while resting the starters was not wise given Goldens previous record vs Dallas. Could have faced the Clips instead. Clips are back to perrenial loser status.

dav4463
05-09-2007, 11:00 PM
To blame the series on Dirk is bogus.
Same with the Title vs Miami last year.

I would put much more blame on Avery.

Losing to Golden State while resting the starters was not wise given Goldens previous record vs Dallas. Could have faced the Clips instead. Clips are back to perrenial loser status.

Losing to Golden State would have happened whether Avery rested the starters or not. Golden State was playing for their playoff lives. They would have more than likely won the game anyway.

BobcatsDynasty
05-09-2007, 11:55 PM
Dirk for Adam Morrison. They contributed roughly the same amount for their teams in the playoffs this year.

DampierAmGod
05-10-2007, 12:48 AM
I agree with the blog. Anyone who blames Dirk for the series didn't fucking watch it.

SpursDynasty
05-10-2007, 12:53 AM
Dirk is the only good player on the Mavs. Outside of Dirk, there are no brilliant players on that team. And Josh Howard leading in scoring during the playoffs? You know the Mavs have hit their low point when Howard is the one leading the team.

Lakers and Dallas: Trade Dirk for Kobe, because neither will win shit with their current teams.

RonMexico
05-10-2007, 01:48 AM
Yawn

Next season...

RonMexico
05-10-2007, 01:50 AM

Dumb foul is more like it... nothing even close to hard on that play.