PDA

View Full Version : Steakhouse owner refuses to serve OJ.

IceColdBrewski
05-09-2007, 03:54 PM
And yes, the race card has already been played.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070509/ap_en_ce/people_simpson

O.J. Tossed From Steakhouse on Derby Eve
May 8, 10:57 PM EST

The owner of an upscale steakhouse in Louisville said he asked O.J. Simpson to leave his restaurant the night before the Kentucky Derby because he is sickened by the attention Simpson still attracts.

"I didn't want to serve him because of my convictions of what he's done to those families," Jeff Ruby said in a telephone interview Tuesday. "The way he continues to torture the lives of those families ... with his behavior, attitude and conduct."

Simpson, an NFL Hall of Famer and Heisman Trophy winner, was found innocent in 1995 of killing his ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and Ron Goldman but was found liable in a civil trial that followed.

Ruby — who owns restaurants in Cincinnati, Louisville and Belterra, Ind. — said Simpson, who was in town for the Derby on Saturday, came in with a group of about 12 Friday night and was seated at a table in the back. A customer came up to Ruby and was "giddy" about seeing Simpson, Ruby said.

"I didn't want that experience in my restaurant," Ruby said, later adding that seeing Simpson get so much attention "makes me sick to my stomach."

He said he went to Simpson's table and said, "I'm not serving you." Ruby said when Simpson didn't respond, he repeated himself and left the room.

Ruby said Simpson soon came up to him and said he understood and would gather the rest of his party to leave.

Simpson's attorney, Yale Galanter, said the incident was about race, and he intended to pursue the matter and possibly go after the restaurant's liquor license.

"He screwed with the wrong guy, he really did," Galanter said by telephone Tuesday night.

Ruby said the incident had to do with Simpson's past.

"It was the first time since 1994 he has ever shown any class," Ruby said. "He showed it that night in the restaurant" by leaving quietly.

Ruby said after Simpson left, people in the restaurant started applauding him. He said he has received about 100 positive e-mails since the incident.

The walls of Ruby's restaurants are decorated with celebrity photos. A photo of Simpson and Ruby used to be on display, but Ruby said he took it down after the killings.

Mixability
05-09-2007, 03:57 PM
Don't restaurants usually have a sign that says, "We have a right to refuse service to anyone" or something like that?

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-09-2007, 04:01 PM
I'm sure if OJ was white and had killed his family that Rudy would have that table reserved and waiting.

Racist a-hole!

sa_butta
05-09-2007, 04:02 PM
Al Sharpton, where ya at??

sa_butta
05-09-2007, 04:02 PM
Give him the steak w/o out a knife, make him eat it with his hands.

dougp
05-09-2007, 04:03 PM
I'm sure if OJ was white and had killed his family that Rudy would have that table reserved and waiting.

Racist a-hole!
Preach it brotha! :fro

Hey, these smilies are all racist ... they're all yellow!

BIG IRISH
05-09-2007, 04:07 PM

Racist a-hole!

Can't you read:

The walls of Ruby's restaurants are decorated with celebrity photos. A photo of Simpson and Ruby used to be on display, but Ruby said he took it down after the killings.

Real frigging quick to play the race card, you ever work for al Sharpton??
The Restraunt owner has brass balls

I'm sure OJ's lawers will S U E and collect.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-09-2007, 04:14 PM
Can't you read:

Out of respect for the elderly I shoulda used the blue ink. :)

BacktoBasics
05-09-2007, 04:16 PM
Fuck OJ

Mixability
05-09-2007, 04:16 PM
Fuck OJ

:tu

I'm with you......

Tang is much better.

BacktoBasics
05-09-2007, 04:23 PM
Poontang!

fatsack
05-09-2007, 05:04 PM
Can't you read:

too bad any money he gets will go straight to the families of the murdered as per the court order.

T Park
05-09-2007, 05:48 PM
The guy was totally in the right to toss the murdering prick out on his ass.

His lawyer playing the race card, predictable and played out.

Thats the way things go nowadays though.

Spurminator
05-09-2007, 05:48 PM
Who drinks orange juice with steak anyway? I wouldn't serve it either.

:oink

O.J.Simpson
05-09-2007, 06:08 PM
The guy was totally in the right to toss the murdering prick out on his ass.

His lawyer playing the race card, predictable and played out.

Thats the way things go nowadays though.

I'd throw your "heart attack waiting to happen" ass out faster than I can run through an airport.

SAtown
05-09-2007, 06:14 PM
Who drinks orange juice with steak anyway? I wouldn't serve it either.

Good one :lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-09-2007, 06:14 PM
I'd throw your "heart attack waiting to happen" ass out faster than I can run through an airport.

Is that with or without a dufflebag full of bloody clothes?