PDA

View Full Version : The Raja Bell influenced Finley turnover

LaMarcus Bryant
05-09-2007, 08:21 PM
Early in the game, Finley got the ball 3 point line, and Raja Bell did the Raja Bell defense. He leaned his entire upper body onto Finley's while trying to swat the ball, and Finley gave ground, and lost the ball, turnover. It was our second turnover of the game I believe.

If Finley would have manned up, and swung the ball (and therefore his elbows) over Raja's face, then clocked Raja in the chin with an elbow, would it have been a Finley foul? Bad ettiquite? I know Raja is a good defender, but he was being more physical than Bowen when he plays Ray Allen. If I were Finley I woulda swung my arms quickly without extending them too much and clocked that guy right in the chin with an elbow. Raja's defense last night mostly consisted of instantly rushing to his man when he got the ball and leaning his body on the guy and trying to be 'physical'.

If the refs aren't gonna call that, when he pushes a guy and makes him lose his footing, then swing that elbow, dont try to hit him, but move in your space and try to establish some physicality yourself.

That was one of the specific plays that really irked me last night (besides the blown Elson 1 inch away from the basket dunk....)

Amuseddaysleeper
05-09-2007, 08:24 PM
the spurs sucked last night, no excuses

the elson missed dunk that led to a 3 point play was just as bad

whining over this shit wouldn't have changed anything, spurs didn't show up, simple as that

LaMarcus Bryant
05-09-2007, 08:26 PM
Dude fuck you and go to hell its a discussion board and I was asking a question, not bitching about Finley sucking, just asking a question. Take your second degree bitching elsewhere. Forgive me for trying to elicit a discussion.

kps0001
05-09-2007, 08:31 PM
I don't think he was whining about anything at all.

From a Suns fan point a view I can hear what you are suggesting. Do you really want to hear all the comments about dirty players after that though. Just kidding; not that I think that is playing dirty at all but we have already seen today all those terms thrown around.

But you say Raja was trying to be physical? I don't get that really, unless it was just a jab at Raja. If he is all over the guy, which yes that is his style, isn't that being physical?

thispego
05-09-2007, 08:31 PM
hopefully the spurs realize things like this before saturday.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-09-2007, 08:41 PM
Dude fuck you and go to hell its a discussion board and I was asking a question, not bitching about Finley sucking, just asking a question. Take your second degree bitching elsewhere. Forgive me for trying to elicit a discussion.

forgiven

Cry Havoc
05-09-2007, 08:49 PM

That's pretty out of character for him. I think a lot of us are a bit on edge right now. I don't really care, I'm just having fun with the playoffs. At least Phoenix is going to make it a series worth watching.
:toast

GrandeDavid
05-09-2007, 09:09 PM

Bro, you went HARDCORE on my boy. Ouch! :lol

Its never a good idea to throw an elbow out of anger unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.

I paraphrased that from a classic movie. Name that movie and actor and you will win a prize!

RonMexico
05-09-2007, 10:46 PM
If Raja Bell does it, it's "dirty" or "too physical."

If Manu holds Amare or Bruce Bowen keeps hand-checking, then that's just "good defense."

Most worthless attempt at eliciting discussion I have ever seen.

Solid D
05-09-2007, 10:48 PM
Moving your arms, holding the ball with both hands is taught and understood as a basketball move to get into triple threat position. It is a good suggestion by LaMarcus, as long as the move is not perceived by the officials as too violent a motion with intent to hit the defender.

Similar move to the shortstop in baseball throwing to first base head-high. The base-runner will drop down or get plunked.

Cry Havoc
05-09-2007, 10:58 PM
If Raja Bell does it, it's "dirty" or "too physical."

If Manu holds Amare or Bruce Bowen keeps hand-checking, then that's just "good defense."

Most worthless attempt at eliciting discussion I have ever seen.

Where did he say that Bell was playing dirty?

OldDirtMcGirt
05-10-2007, 12:24 AM
The last time a guy elbowed Raja in the playoffs, it ended in Raja sitting a game out. If Finley did this, he might have reason to fear for his life.

lefty
05-10-2007, 12:57 AM
Early in the game, Finley got the ball 3 point line, and Raja Bell did the Raja Bell defense. He leaned his entire upper body onto Finley's while trying to swat the ball, and Finley gave ground, and lost the ball, turnover. It was our second turnover of the game I believe.

If Finley would have manned up, and swung the ball (and therefore his elbows) over Raja's face, then clocked Raja in the chin with an elbow, would it have been a Finley foul? Bad ettiquite? I know Raja is a good defender, but he was being more physical than Bowen when he plays Ray Allen. If I were Finley I woulda swung my arms quickly without extending them too much and clocked that guy right in the chin with an elbow. Raja's defense last night mostly consisted of instantly rushing to his man when he got the ball and leaning his body on the guy and trying to be 'physical'.

If the refs aren't gonna call that, when he pushes a guy and makes him lose his footing, then swing that elbow, dont try to hit him, but move in your space and try to establish some physicality yourself.

That was one of the specific plays that really irked me last night (besides the blown Elson 1 inch away from the basket dunk....)

Amazing SIG
:clap :clap

cly2tw
05-10-2007, 02:36 AM
It's not like Kobe never did exactly that to Raja repeatedly.