PDA

View Full Version : Starbucks Coming Up Fast On Walzem!

davi78239
05-09-2007, 09:32 PM
Posted about this couple of months ago before it was a reality. Damn, hard to believe I'll be driving down Walzem Road with a Vanilla Frappachino. Who would of ever thunk it!

NASpurs
05-09-2007, 09:44 PM
That's crazy... I can't wait actually. I have to go all the way to the Forum for my Starbucks fix.

There's a lot of construction going on around the Rittiman/FM 78 intersection. They just put up a Panda Express and a Jiffy Lube as well built a Chase bank, new Auto Zone across the street, and two plazas with various stores. There's even a Chili's up the street right next to the Walmart.

It's really booming over here with houses going up and stores going up. Traffic is becoming unbearable! :(

There's a rumor that there's going to be a new Target in that same intersection. Heard it from a friend of my sister who talked to the guy who bought the land there (yeah one of those rumors that probably gets exaggerated). I wonder if there's any truth to this rumor.... wonder what else they're going to build over here.

NASpurs
05-09-2007, 09:47 PM
Oh yeah, the Glenview trash needs to go. That's what fucking up the NE side.

Good thing Windsor Park Mall was bought by Windcrest. I hope they do something with it.

davi78239
05-09-2007, 11:57 PM
Oh yeah, the Glenview trash needs to go. That's what fucking up the NE side.

Good thing Windsor Park Mall was bought by Windcrest. I hope they do something with it.

Well, word is that Rackspace LTD (A IT company or something like that) will move into Windsor Park Mall from their over cramped building out on I-10. It's either that or the company moves outa state so I'm sure Windcrest will work really hard to make it work, which I think it will. Man, I love Panda Express and the only one I've gone to nearby is the one on Austin Hwy and that's still even too far. Maybe the one on 78 will actually be a little closer. I never knew that they had built one out there.

Spurfect
05-10-2007, 12:34 AM
Well, word is that Rackspace LTD (A IT company or something like that) will move into Windsor Park Mall from their over cramped building out on I-10. It's either that or the company moves outa state so I'm sure Windcrest will work really hard to make it work, which I think it will. Man, I love Panda Express and the only one I've gone to nearby is the one on Austin Hwy and that's still even too far. Maybe the one on 78 will actually be a little closer. I never knew that they had built one out there.

that's the Panda Express I go to sometimes! i work pretty close to that area. so is the Starbucks on Walzem anywhere near that area? like close to I-35?

Buddy Holly
05-10-2007, 01:03 AM
Section 8 is getting the boot from The Glen so that should help clean that area up.

Also, Rackspace wants to turn the Winsdor Park site into a USAA type campus.

Phil Hellmuth
05-10-2007, 02:18 AM
the new orange frappucino drink is gonna be good.

IX_Equilibrium
05-10-2007, 08:29 AM
I';m not sure what the Glen is, but what about Camelot Estates? Will that be cleaned up?

degenerate_gambler
05-10-2007, 09:08 AM
There's a rumor that there's going to be a new Target in that same intersection. Heard it from a friend of my sister who talked to the guy who bought the land there (yeah one of those rumors that probably gets exaggerated). I wonder if there's any truth to this rumor.... wonder what else they're going to build over here.

good news for you...the Target rumor is true.

a development group recently purchased land at the SWC of FM 78 & Woodlake Pkwy with plans for a 300,000 SF retail center that will be anchored by Super Target.

It's scheduled to open Spring 2008.

degenerate_gambler
05-10-2007, 09:10 AM
I';m not sure what the Glen is,

it's a shithole..

davi78239
05-10-2007, 07:30 PM
it's a shithole..

Yea, I live right down the road in Camelot II (for now at least, me and my fiance are getting a house built in Cibolo, set to be ready by October)
:spin

Buddy Holly
05-10-2007, 07:50 PM
I';m not sure what the Glen is, but what about Camelot Estates? Will that be cleaned up?

I made a mistake, section 8 is getting the boot at Camelot and The Glen.

degenerate_gambler
05-11-2007, 09:51 AM
Yea, I live right down the road in Camelot II (for now at least, me and my fiance are getting a house built in Cibolo, set to be ready by October)
:spin

good for you man.

there's a reason why the city never has annexed the glen.

johngateswhiteley
05-11-2007, 09:56 AM
Posted about this couple of months ago before it was a reality. Damn, hard to believe I'll be driving down Walzem Road with a Vanilla Frappachino. Who would of ever thunk it!

or...i'll brew some folgers and put in milk, vanilla syrup, and whipped cream. then i'll sell it to you for $10.

hello13
07-03-2007, 03:32 AM
this gem of coffee shop is now open in this shithole known as Walzem Road.

hello13
07-03-2007, 03:34 AM
WALZEM ROAD-HOME OF DA BLOODS...AND DEM VELT BOYZhttp://www.lonestarroads.com/ih035/i-035_sb_exit_165_01.jpg