PDA

View Full Version : Rascist shilling in Boston

mikejones99
05-10-2007, 01:55 PM
Someone needs to charge the mound and take a bat to his head.

JMarkJohns
05-10-2007, 06:02 PM
Please... it has nothing to do with race and everything to do with Schilling not liking Bonds the person, nor the "inadvertant" Barriods the player.

Bonds can claim ignorance all he wants, but just because he didn't know he was taking steriods, shouldn't wipe him clean from still taking steriods. No matter the substance he took.

Schilling has always been outspoken against those known dopers and those accused with solid evidense. Plus, Bonds is a prick, and pricks tick people off no matter their skin color.

T Park
05-10-2007, 06:08 PM
How is Schilling a racist again?

JMarkJohns
05-10-2007, 06:16 PM
Because he doesn't like Bonds and accused Bonds of being a terrible human being and cheat.

I'm not even sure that makes him a liar, let alone racist.

He certainly didn't have all his facts straight, but the media really ran with a story that was a non-story. Yes, Schilling sid Bonds admitted to using steriods. It's the truth. Not the whole truth, as Bonds admitted to "unknowingly" using steriods, but ignorance shouldn't equate to bliss in this case. Just because he accidently used a performance enhancer, a drug that was likely illegal in the US at the time of use, doesn't mean he shouldn't be called out for what he truly is.

At the very least by not finding out specifically what said substance was, he compromised his integrity on the matter. It's not the military. Don't ask, Don't tell isn't the unwritten law. You better know precisely what you're taking, or else.

That's fair, and should be how "players" like Bonds are treated. Enough of the side-steppin'. If you accidently killed someone, you still killed them. If you accidently hit a car, your still hit the car.

mikejones99
05-10-2007, 06:22 PM
what about Clemens? he is huge. IF bobds did it, he is only one of about 500 players that did. WHat does taxes and his ex whore have to do with this either? Schilling is a rascist republican fucker.

JMarkJohns
05-10-2007, 06:37 PM
Schilling is a rascist republican fucker.

And there's the crux of your beef: a difference in political views.

Race has nothing to do with it. He's been critical of McGuire as well. It's just McGuire is out of the game, and therefore unable to challenge All-Time records and the like.

What do infidelity and taxes have to do with Barroids? Not much, but as a person he's compromised his marriage, and his family through such an act(s), compromised his finances, and his marriage and family through such an act(s), and then, to top it off, compromised himself under oath, swearing he never took an illegel substance, a lie that he recanted when he changed his story to "never knowingly took"...

He's a terrible person, a liar and a cheat in many things, and not someone fans should have much esteem for or trust in.

If you think he's clean, or that since steroids weren't banned by baseball, or that since said ingestion(s) was/were an accident/unintentional, they shouldn't be held against him, then that's up to you.

However, I'm in the opposite camp, and, just as I give you the right to think whatever without personal attacks, I demand the same treatment, not just for me, but those likeminded until otherwise proven they have another agenda/bias.

Barry's a great baseball player who happens to be a terrible person and potential cheater. Them's the facts.

mikejones99
05-10-2007, 06:45 PM
It matters nothing that you might think Bonds is a terrible person. Many people think Ray Lewis, Kobe and Peyton Manning are terrible people too. Shilling is worse than OJ. On field is all that matters when they figure out who to pay Millions. Many fools think Stephen Jackson is a bad guy too but 90% of the bay area fans loved him against Dallas. Many people think Bonds is still the greatest baseball player to ever live.

JMarkJohns
05-10-2007, 07:19 PM
It matters nothing that you might think Bonds is a terrible person. Many people think Ray Lewis, Kobe and Peyton Manning are terrible people too. Shilling is worse than OJ. On field is all that matters when they figure out who to pay Millions. Many fools think Stephen Jackson is a bad guy too but 90% of the bay area fans loved him against Dallas. Many people think Bonds is still the greatest baseball player to ever live.

What the hell?

If on field is all that matters then, why is this thread in existance?!

greenroom
05-13-2007, 08:23 PM
Please... it has nothing to do with race and everything to do with Schilling not liking Bonds the person, nor the "inadvertant" Barriods the player.

Bonds can claim ignorance all he wants, but just because he didn't know he was taking steriods, shouldn't wipe him clean from still taking steriods. No matter the substance he took.

Schilling has always been outspoken against those known dopers and those accused with solid evidense. Plus, Bonds is a prick, and pricks tick people off no matter their skin color.

Schilling is worse than Bonds will ever be. At least with Bonds you know that he did steroids ( just like 90% of MLB players at the time) and he is not a fake towards the media. With Schilling he talks like he gives a damn, but when he is asked questions by Congress he did the same thing as McGuire and Sosa. And the blood sock scandel? Hmm me wonder if that is also a fake at this point.

chode_regulator
05-14-2007, 06:52 PM
And the blood sock scandel? Hmm me wonder if that is also a fake at this point.
no one even questioned that until some idiot commentator made an idiotic statement about it

btw how eles did bonds head, feet and body grow so much in his 30's?

and just because everone else does it doesnt make it right
if i get pulled over for speeding in a group of cars i still get a ticket, and thats somethign simple like speeding much less taking roids. it's amazing people are still so willing to ignore the subject and even more prone to ignore it in other sports, especially football.

JMarkJohns
05-14-2007, 08:16 PM
The bloody sock? They have a doctor's verification, Schilling has a scar in the same area and they have both openly demanded there be tests on it to disprove the whole, "It's a fake" notion.

As for Congress, unless Schilling wants to be kicked out of the MLB union, what was he going to do, rat out anyone and everyone in said union to earn brownie points with the Senate in some dog and pony show of a proceeding? He's called enough attention on the acts without being a traitor within the clubhouse. MLB can get to the bottom of it without him having to stab teammates in the back.

The MLB wanted to use Schilling as the hornblower, forgetting he still had a playing career unlike Conseco. They were willing to throw Schilling under the bus to save face for their decade(s) of turning a blind eye to the rampant cheating.

I don't begrudge Schilling for not wanting to be the rat. No organization that fostered such a culture should be willing/dependant upon one of its clean players to become a Judas just so the organization itself can start to right its allowed wrongs.

That's BS.

The MLB higher ups should police the League, not the players.