PDA

View Full Version : 'Terminator' back for a new trilogy

MaNuMaNiAc
05-10-2007, 04:36 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movies/05/10/film.terminator.reut/index.html

LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- The Terminator is coming back.

A nascent film company has acquired the franchise rights to the popular movie series from producers Mario Kassar and Andrew Vajna, intending to make a new trilogy. The deal is said to be in the tens of millions of dollars.

The Halcyon Co. -- a privately financed firm -- plans to begin immediate preproduction on "Terminator 4," with hopes that it will be ready for release in the first half of 2009.

The script, by John Brancato and Michael Ferris, was part of the transaction. No distributor is on board, or any talent.

Halcyon -- headed by advertising veteran Derek Anderson and "Cook-Off!" producer Victor Kubicek -- pursued the "Terminator" rights aggressively for several months, knowing that the series is one of the few recognizable properties out there not in the hands of a major studio. Halcyon also is concentrating on a merchandising and licensing push for the property.

The rights to "Terminator" have changed hands several times.

Kassar acted as an executive producer for 1991's "Terminator 2: Judgment Day," and he and Vajna acquired interests from Gale Anne Hurd -- who produced the first one in 1984 and executive produced the second -- when the duo made 2003's "Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines."

Would anyone even watch without Schwarzenegger?

leemajors
05-10-2007, 04:44 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movies/05/10/film.terminator.reut/index.html

Would anyone even watch without Schwarzenegger?

of course they would.

fraga
05-10-2007, 05:48 PM
If they could make them all as good as Terminator 2...I'd watch them...

PM5K
05-10-2007, 06:50 PM
I've always found the story interesting, and I don't know what the consensus is among the true fans, but I liked Nick Stahl and Claire Danes in the last one...

E20
05-10-2007, 09:59 PM
No. Arnold made it what it was. Probably half those people just came to watch Arnold shoot that gun and kick ass.