PDA

View Full Version : time for this series to get nasty!!!

cheguevara
05-10-2007, 04:43 PM
I'm tired of seeing everyone being nice to each other in this series!
-Duncan joking around with Amore,
-everyone shaking hands(before,during AND after the game),
-players checking to see if the opposting player is ok,
-players helping opposing players to get up.

I'm fucking tired of this niceness, this is not helping us! We need that fire that we had vs. Dallas, we need some blood(besides Nash's),
Heavyweights don't shake hands during the fight :pctoss

I want the Spurs to stomp on these motherfuckers!

fuck D'antoniette, the drama queen and her queer sons :D

NoMoneyDown
05-10-2007, 04:45 PM
Duncan joking around with Amore,
everyone shaking hands(before,during AND after the game),
players checking to see if the opposting player is ok,
players helping opposing players to get up.

I'm fucking tired of this niceness, this is not helping us! We need that fire that we had vs. Dallas, we need some blood(besides Nash's),

fuck D'antoniette, the drama queen and his queer boys

Pass out the #5 excaliburs and hand me a mace while your at it!!!! :p:

birdy219
05-10-2007, 04:56 PM
:soapbox: I said the same thing the other day. It was too pleasant out there....we need to DESTROY the enemy not befriend them. :ihit
We need the focus and toughness that we showed against Detroit game 1 2005 and in the Denver series. I was so proud of the Spurs because they showed true grit and determination. Enough with the pleasantries. It's time to get down and dirty. :makemyday :fight :nutkick: :frying:

We need to beat them down until they :yield and we send them :fishing.

Kermit
05-10-2007, 05:05 PM
well, now that smelly vag has spoken, you can bet the fun times are over.

boutons_
05-10-2007, 05:07 PM
I will be satisfied with nothing less than returning to FauxNix up 3-1.

Going back there 2-2 is too damn dangerous.

jmard5
05-10-2007, 05:11 PM
Damn. This means WAR. The Spurs got to push the competion into another level.

gaKNOW!blee
05-10-2007, 05:18 PM
yeah but the spurs wont get mad or dirty or anything, they will come out, show no emotion, handle thier business and win the game by 6.

its just another day at the office.

saporvida
05-10-2007, 05:34 PM
the one thing that gets me is the helping up of our opponents... let their asses sit and stay on the ground so we can take advantage of a mismatch running 5 on 4 or 5 on 3 or whatever as long we out number them on the opposite site of the court.

i hate that shit.

BIG IRISH
05-10-2007, 05:39 PM
:soapbox: I said the same thing the other day. It was too pleasant out there....we need to DESTROY the enemy not befriend them. :ihit
We need the focus and toughness that we showed against Detroit game 1 2005 and in the Denver series. I was so proud of the Spurs because they showed true grit and determination. Enough with the pleasantries. It's time to get down and dirty. :makemyday :fight :nutkick: :frying:

We need to beat them down until they :yield and we send them :fishing.

To Quote the most famous spur
"It's just a basketball game"
DRob

:bang :bang

mVp
05-10-2007, 05:46 PM
yeah fuck sportsmanship! :lol

mabber
05-10-2007, 05:49 PM
3rd game of a series is about the time the teams start to get tired of each other and they generally start disliking each other.

PhxDog
05-10-2007, 05:50 PM
^^What, Mavs fans are the playoffs experts now?

Anyway, looks like you get your wish, che.

GrandeDavid
05-10-2007, 05:51 PM
-Duncan joking around with Amore,
-everyone shaking hands(before,during AND after the game),
-players checking to see if the opposting player is ok,
-players helping opposing players to get up.

fuck D'antoniette, the drama queen and her queer sons :D

Dude, after Phoenix deciding to play some tough D in Game 2 and now Amare complaining about Manu and Bruce being (allegedly) dirty, I think your wish will be fulfilled and then some.

Durruti
05-10-2007, 05:52 PM
Spurs fans showing their true colors :lol

It was only a matter of time. With a team this dirty eventually it will start rubbing off on the fan base. What's a shame is that you guys use to be a classy organization.

conversekid
05-10-2007, 06:01 PM

It was only a matter of time. With a team this dirty eventually it will start rubbing off on the fan base. What's a shame is that you guys use to be a classy organization.

Big talk from a team that just choked a lead to Utah. Will your players ever hit FTs in crunch time?

saporvida
05-10-2007, 06:03 PM

golden state has fans? oh yeah i forgot the bus just rolled in....and is about to roll out dropping all of them so-called fans off on the next stop at the end of round2.

nkdlunch
05-10-2007, 07:13 PM
Amore Sfaggermire talked too much. Time to step it up a notch!!!

http://entimg.msn.com/i/150/Movies/Actors3/BridgesLloyd66009720_150x200.jpg

Durruti
05-10-2007, 07:22 PM
golden state has fans?

Best in the game ;)

The pain of losing to Utah however will be offset by a brilliant performance by my second-favorite team. The S.A. crybabies will be sent to bed, and the era of boring b-ball will come to a glorious end.

:stirpot:

Suns in 6!

Gaddabout
05-10-2007, 07:34 PM
golden state has fans? oh yeah i forgot the bus just rolled in....and is about to roll out dropping all of them so-called fans off on the next stop at the end of round2.

I hate these smack threads, but as an NBA fan I have to stick up for the Warriors fans here. They truly are some of the best in the league, and they've stuck by their team without a playoff visit since 1994. I was surprised to learn how hard it was to get a good Warriors seat on a visit to the Bay a few years ago. I figured, like most other NBA towns, when the team sucks all the fans stay home. Not true there. They have my respect as a group of fans.

samikeyp
05-10-2007, 07:47 PM
Spurs fans showing their true colors

Yes because all Spurs fans think and act alike. :rolleyes

Looks like a Warrior fan showing his ignorance.

GrandeDavid
05-10-2007, 08:00 PM
Mikey, I'm gonna be pissed if I don't see you next time I'm in town! If the Spurs get by Phoenix, I'll be there for the conference finals. Serious GTG time for the road games. I'd be attending the home games.

No, Phoenix fans, I'm not assuming anything.

samikeyp
05-10-2007, 08:06 PM
:lol Yeah we keep missing each other. I will be in SA May 31-June 5.

GrandeDavid
05-10-2007, 08:29 PM
Mikey, you're gonna miss the Spurs winning their 4th!? ;)

samikeyp
05-10-2007, 08:32 PM
Let's get through this series first! :)

conversekid
05-10-2007, 09:04 PM
It's time for the Spurs to bring the pain. A hard foul on Nash the first time he goes in for a layup. Pull a Raja Bell move and hammer him in the nose while "going for the ball". Open that gash up and get the blood flowing.

It's time for the Pain.

Spurs = The "Bad Boys" of the 2000s. Picking up where Detroit left off.

itzsoweezee
05-10-2007, 09:05 PM
fuck the bitch ass never won anything in their existence suns. i will stop being a spurs fans if they lose to this team of pussies.

Durruti
05-10-2007, 09:08 PM
It's time for the Spurs to bring the pain. A hard foul on Nash the first time he goes in for a layup. Pull a Raja Bell move and hammer him in the nose while "going for the ball". Open that gash up and get the blood flowing.

It's time for the Pain.

Spurs = The "Bad Boys" of the 2000s. Picking up where Detroit left off.

:lol

Your team is way too soft for any of that stuff. The only way you can inflict damage is by taking cheap shots when opposing players have their backs turned. :lol

itzsoweezee
05-10-2007, 09:09 PM

Your team is way too soft for any of that stuff. The only way you can inflict damage is by taking cheap shots when opposing players have their backs turned. :lol

don't post about other teams until your team wins something, bitch

Borosai
05-10-2007, 09:09 PM
It's about time...

THE SIXTH MAN
05-10-2007, 09:10 PM

How can a team be soft when faggots like you say they're dirty. You can't have it both ways baby Einstein.

hater
05-10-2007, 09:18 PM
http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/5279/stsunsclownsentow6.jpg

:lmao

florige
05-10-2007, 10:59 PM
I will be satisfied with nothing less than returning to FauxNix up 3-1.

Going back there 2-2 is too damn dangerous.

Thats what I'm saying.

timvp
05-10-2007, 11:05 PM
I guess since last time in the playoffs the Spurs laid the wood to the Suns, we never got a taste of how whiny the team and city is.

Now that we see how they roll, it's officially a take no prisoners type series.

:smokin

florige
05-10-2007, 11:08 PM
Amare may have just ignited a fire under the Spurs. It shoud be crunk come Saturday in SA.

bonesinaz
05-10-2007, 11:26 PM
Spurs in 5

slayermin
05-10-2007, 11:31 PM
http://www.ez-entertainment.net/Gandolfini_James.jpg

"No more fucking Mr. Nice Guy."

nkdlunch
05-10-2007, 11:38 PM
I really cannot beleive what a bitch amare is. I mean he was on ESPN sportcenter and shit crying like a bitch.

"i just want a fair game" :lol what a fucking bitch.

time to fuck these hoes

mVp
05-11-2007, 12:45 AM
It's about time...

lmao at your sig

polandprzem
05-11-2007, 02:21 AM
Havyweights do not sheke their hands cause the've got gloves you dummie :rolleyes

Man of Steel
05-11-2007, 02:22 AM
Suns are punks.

Amare is the biggest CRYBABY in the NBA.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-11-2007, 03:04 AM
Amare's really dumb.

I'm all for the team tossing the formalities out the window, now that the battle is heating up. That stuff is appropriate before and after the series. Not during.

spurdude
05-11-2007, 03:11 AM
Spurs are going to take care of biz. No more mr niceguy here. We're going to rape them, spit on them, kick 'em the balls, bloody some more noses, and just give them a good 'ol fashion country ass whippen.... Bowen will get his shots in and like always, NO ONE WILL SEE IT....he's just soooooo smooth!!

Durruti
05-11-2007, 08:25 AM
We're going to rape them

please keep your homo-erotic/prison fantasies to yourself. Thanks.

Man of Steel
05-11-2007, 08:56 AM
Spurs are going to take care of biz. No more mr niceguy here. We're going to rape them, spit on them, kick 'em the balls, bloody some more noses, and just give them a good 'ol fashion country ass whippen.... Bowen will get his shots in and like always, NO ONE WILL SEE IT....he's just soooooo smooth!!

Lets not get carried away.

I'm all for stomping their ass in the AT&T Center and sending them back in a box.

Rape--that's too harsh.

my2sons
05-11-2007, 09:22 AM
[QUOTE=Durruti]Spurs fans showing their true colors :lol

It was only a matter of time. With a team this dirty eventually it will start rubbing off on the fan base. What's a shame is that you guys use to be a classy organization.[/QUOT
suns fans showing their iq, taking the word of an immature idiot who didn't even know he was almost stepped on 'til he saw the replay and then decides oh that team must be dirty, especially when he has his own bruce bowen on his team.

samikeyp
05-11-2007, 09:26 AM
suns fans showing their iq, taking the word of an immature idiot who didn't even know he was almost stepped on 'til he saw the replay and then decides oh that team must be dirty, especially when he has his own bruce bowen on his team.

he's not even a Suns fan...he is bandwagoning them.

Durruti
05-11-2007, 09:34 AM
suns fans showing their iq, taking the word of an immature idiot

I didn't need Amare to tell me the play was dirty. Every non-Spurs fan (and a few classy Spurs fans) have acknowledged the obvious with respect that footage. Bowen is the dirtiest player in the league and has a long history of going for the leg -- I'd be ashamed to have him on my team. He's a disgrace to the NBA and should have sent packing a long time ago.

Durruti
05-11-2007, 09:37 AM
he's not even a Suns fan...he is bandwagoning them.

I've been a Suns fan for years. GS is my #1 but as I've taken pains to point out, GS isn't in the habit of making the playoffs. Additionally, Spurs have been my LEAST favorite team for years, so the ass-whooping will be extra sweet.

steppy
05-11-2007, 09:37 AM
Did Amare pull his vagina muscle? He needs to take a look at #19 on his team.

DarrinS
05-11-2007, 09:38 AM

This, coming from a team down 2-0 to the Jazz.

NoMoneyDown
05-11-2007, 09:40 AM
I've been a Suns fan for years. GS is my #1 but as I've taken pains to point out, GS isn't in the habit of making the playoffs. Additionally, Spurs have been my LEAST favorite team for years, so the ass-whooping will be extra sweet.

Therefore anything you say with self-credibility needs to be taken with a grain of salt due to your bias against the Spurs.

Durruti
05-11-2007, 09:47 AM
This, coming from a team down 2-0 to the Jazz.

Yes but there's a difference. I never had any illusions about my team making it out of the second round and I said as much before the series even started. I was just happy they made the playoffs for once. We can't all be blessed with a championship caliber team. Maybe next year. That said, I think the Spurs have had their time and it's all downhill from now on. Not a moment too soon -- you guys are like watching paint dry. It's time for some exciting b-ball in the playoffs.

Durruti
05-11-2007, 09:49 AM
Therefore anything you say with self-credibility needs to be taken with a grain of salt due to your bias against the Spurs.

None of us are objective. I consider my "bias" analaysis to be relatively fair, just as you do yours. Which one of us is correct will be decided on the court.

May the best team win -- and without too many dirty tricks!

Suns in 6

DarrinS
05-11-2007, 09:50 AM
Yes but there's a difference. I never had any illusions about my team making it out of the second round and I said as much before the series even started. I was just happy they made the playoffs for once. We can't all be blessed with a championship caliber team. Maybe next year. That said, I think the Spurs have had their time and it's all downhill from now on. Not a moment too soon -- you guys are like watching paint dry. It's time for some exciting b-ball in the playoffs.

I guess you find it entertaining to watch guys run back and forth, chucking up ill-advised 3's? You can see that at your local YMCA.

Next.

sabar
05-11-2007, 09:51 AM
Screw the Suns.

You know, when Nash was bleeding all over the floor, Pop didn't go and whine and demand he be taken out. Then Amare goes and opens his mouth.

All formalities are out the window. I hope Manu breaks that team.

cheguevara
05-11-2007, 09:58 AM
Rape--that's too harsh.

Suns would probably enjoy the raping. Let's not give them the benefit.

Durruti
05-11-2007, 09:59 AM
I guess you find it entertaining to watch guys run back and forth, chucking up ill-advised 3's? You can see that at your local YMCA.

Next.

hehe. I don't disagree. As exciting as the Warriors are to watch and as effective as our chaotic swarming techniques can be at times, I think we need to find a balance and adopt a more disciplined style if we want to be contenders like the Suns. It would help if we had the greatest point guard in the game, but Baron's not too shabby himself.

GrandeDavid
05-11-2007, 10:01 AM

Its a real thrill watching chaotic basketball with little decision making. I really loved Stephen "Cerebral" Jackson's jacked up 18 three pointers, especially considering Golden State needed more 2s and drives to secure that game.

Nice strategy, nice instincts for the game.

See you next round, Utah.

Durruti
05-11-2007, 10:04 AM
Screw the Suns.

You know, when Nash was bleeding all over the floor, Pop didn't go and whine and demand he be taken out. Then Amare goes and opens his mouth.

All formalities are out the window. I hope Manu breaks that team.

Pop showed class I agree. And so did Amare. He knew he had been hit but didn't whine about it on the court a la duncan since he didn't know whether or not it was intentional. After viewing the footage, however, he did know, so he made the right move and called out Bowen for his disgraceful antics.

You can call him a "bitch" or whatever but that's nonsense. You don't gamble with a player like Bowen -- the league needs to be reminded of this jackal's character and what he is capable of. You don't spend two years fighting back from microfracture surgery only to have your career ruined by some inbred sneak. An anonymous letter to Stern would not have been sufficient. Media attention was required to keep the refs honest.

samikeyp
05-11-2007, 10:04 AM
I can only speak for myself but I don't find the Spurs brand of basketball boring because its fundamentally sound. Same for the Pistons. I also enjoyed watching the Celtics and Lakers in the 80's. For me personally the bottom line is winning. I understand the need to be entertained, I think its just a different definition for different people. Durruti isn't wrong for liking a different brand of basketball...although I don't get the Spurs hate. Is it the style of play or the winning of titles you don't like? I know a lot of people in the 90's started disliking the Bulls for no other reason than they won alot.

just my .02

I think we need to find a balance and adopt a more disciplined style

Would you be ok with that even if it was deemed "boring"?

Durruti
05-11-2007, 10:18 AM
Is it the style of play or the winning of titles you don't like?

Both, I guess. If they didn't win so many titles I wouldn't much care about their style of play, but since they do, it puts a spotlight on it. It's not the "sound fundamentals" I dislike, it's the way the referees become such a huge part of the game. Also, like I said, I do not like the devious play of Manu and Bowen, which again brings in the refs, and again makes it less about talent then ingenuity at suckering the zebras. When you combine this with the maddeningly slow pace it leaves me with a bitter taste in my mouth. Can't help it. No point in lying. I think Spurs fans are generally some of the best in the game but I can't stand your team.

As for the question on my Warriors, I would like to see more balance. I would gladly sacrifice some of the insane intensity for more discipline. However, if it was a question of Spurs style play vs. Warriors, I'd have to take Warriors even if they didn't win a title. Ultimately basketball is about entertainment, at least for regular fans, and I find the Spurs to be the OPPOSITE of entertaining. But it doesn't have to be either/or. The Suns seem to have struck a balance and may be showing us the future of the NBA. Or perhaps the brick wall known as the Spurs will take them out again. We'll see.

samikeyp
05-11-2007, 10:23 AM
it's the way the referees become such a huge part of the game

I would agree.

However, if it was a question of Spurs style play vs. Warriors, I'd have to take Warriors even if they didn't win a title. Ultimately basketball is about entertainment, at least for regular fans, and I find the Spurs to be the OPPOSITE of entertaining

This is where I would disagree. For me (again..a personal choice and not a suggested course of action) winning is the most important thing and when my team is winning...I find that highly entertaining. I would rather have my team score 80 a game and win a title than score 120 and not. Then again...I don't consider myself a casual fan of the sport. I am a longtime diehard for the Spurs and I remember the days of scoring 120 but having no hardware to show for it.

DarrinS
05-11-2007, 10:24 AM
When you combine this with the maddeningly slow pace it leaves me with a bitter taste in my mouth.

Did you see game 1 of the series?

Durruti
05-11-2007, 10:27 AM
I would agree.

This is where I would disagree. For me (again..a personal choice and not a suggested course of action) winning is the most important thing and when my team is winning...I find that highly entertaining. I would rather have my team score 80 a game and win a title than score 120 and not. Then again...I don't consider myself a casual fan of the sport. I am a longtime diehard for the Spurs and I remember the days of scoring 120 but having no hardware to show for it.

I understand that. If I lived in S.A. I would undoubtedly feel the same way. And if it ever seemed likely that the Warriors had a real shot I'd probably switch my vote very quickly. But like I said, I don't think it HAS to be one or the other.

Durruti
05-11-2007, 10:28 AM
Did you see game 1 of the series?

I did. When you're accustomed to the Warriors and Suns that game felt like mollasses.

nkdlunch
05-11-2007, 10:29 AM
I did. When you're accustomed to the Warriors and Suns that game felt like mollasses.

have you heard of the And1 series? I beleive you will find it more fun than NBA. give it a try. :rolleyes

mardigan
05-11-2007, 10:29 AM
111-106 is slow?

cornbread
05-11-2007, 10:44 AM
111-106 is slow?

In the wise words of Spursdynasty, no big suprises here. If the teams don't score 125 points each then the game is slow as mollasses.

We live in a country that worships the "American Idol". "Entertainment" at the expense of substance should be expected.

NoMoneyDown
05-11-2007, 10:47 AM

I'll take the paint drying on our championship trophy case anyday over GS's frantic style (and no trophies).

ATXSPUR
05-11-2007, 10:48 AM
Best in the game ;)

The pain of losing to Utah however will be offset by a brilliant performance by my second-favorite team. The S.A. crybabies will be sent to bed, and the era of boring b-ball will come to a glorious end.

:stirpot:

Suns in 6!

amazing how one series win in 13 years allows the fan base to think they actually have the right to talk smack among other fans.

VaSpursFan
05-11-2007, 10:49 AM
i'd love to see the spurs come out with a nasty scowl on their faces like they're going to bring the fucking pain. that's what's missing from this team, sometimes, they're just too fucking corporate.

bbfan
05-11-2007, 11:10 AM
:hungry: raja bell, this is a wakeup call for you, what the heck will you do??

florige
05-11-2007, 11:13 AM
i'd love to see the spurs come out with a nasty scowl on their faces like they're going to bring the fucking pain. that's what's missing from this team, sometimes, they're just too fucking corporate.

I remember a while back someone was asking Duncan about that. He seemed to get kind of offended and pretty much said that he is just a laid back type of guy. He said that you would rarely see him getting all fired up before a game. But you are right, the whole team is really chill. :wakeup

DarrinS
05-11-2007, 11:26 AM
hehe. I don't disagree. As exciting as the Warriors are to watch and as effective as our chaotic swarming techniques can be at times, I think we need to find a balance and adopt a more disciplined style if we want to be contenders like the Suns. It would help if we had the greatest point guard in the game, but Baron's not too shabby himself.

Warriors are to basketball what this http://myspace-037.vo.llnwd.net/00023/73/07/23387037_l.gif is to martial arts.

ponky
05-11-2007, 12:09 PM
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, i was expecting to watch the spurs/suns game tonight, wtf is it with this two days off b.s.??!?!?!?!?!?!??!!? omfg, i can't write anymore, darrin's martial arts clip has me laughing my ass off, that is too funny

shelshor
05-11-2007, 12:21 PM
I'll take the paint drying on our championship trophy case anyday over GS's frantic style (and no trophies).
They do have 3 NBA Championships--same as the Spurs:
2 from their days in Philadelphia:
1946-47 (the very first year of the NBA)
1955-56
and 1 after the move to The Bay Area: 1974-75