PDA

View Full Version : Linton Johnson III undergoes surgery

Kori Ellis
11-24-2004, 05:03 PM
SAN ANTONIO – San Antonio Spurs forward Linton Johnson III underwent successful surgery yesterday to fix a stress fracture in his left ankle. Johnson will begin rehab as soon as the stitches are removed from his ankle and is expected to be out a minimum of eight weeks.

Johnson’s ankle injury has kept him out of the Spurs first 11 games this season. The 6-8 forward signed with the Spurs as a free agent on 8/25/04.

bigzak25
11-24-2004, 05:16 PM
hell...he was really hurt? damn. get well LJ3.

xcoriate
11-24-2004, 05:18 PM
hmmm, why didn't they do this earlier? were they hoping it would fix itself.

Manu20
11-24-2004, 05:18 PM
Kori, sorry I put the same thread as you did but I did not know you beat me to it.

Also I feel bad for Johnson I really want to see him play. He could really help on defense against long small fowards.

Kori Ellis
11-24-2004, 05:19 PM
Manu20, we posted at the same time. :)

I feel bad for him too. The Spurs must like him a lot; they could have just cut him. So obviously think that he's worth the wait.

timvp
11-24-2004, 05:20 PM
At least they are taking care of it now. It sounds like he's gone until the All-Star break.

Sucks for him ... but in reality, I don't see a spot on the active roster as of this second.

mattyc
11-24-2004, 09:12 PM
Ouch, the kid has had no luck since coming here. :depressed

xcoriate
11-25-2004, 12:51 AM
Mike Wilks...

Surely they'll yank him out if they think Lint can work. Beno has proven to be reliable, Barry will know all the plays by the time its possible for the third to come back so he can play third string. Manu can also play spot minutes if needed. Spurs don't really need him on the roster. Get well soon, he seems to have what we are after, rebounding, defence, he blocks shots. Could be really good, Shawn Marion, but with less athletism and no scoring??