PDA

View Full Version : Future OSU Athletic Village

MajorMike
05-11-2007, 11:36 AM
This is what Boone's money is buying.

Across the street from the stadium is the Indoor Practice Facility. To the left of that is Bennett, the Jock dorms. They are recently completely rennovated and staying.
Behind Bennett today is where Allie P. Reynolds, the baseball stadium is. In the pic, you see the new 5-story parking garage. Behind the parking garage is the just-built Softball stadium (thank you Title 9). Its actually pretty nice.

The new Allie P. is directly in the middle of the pic. Supposedly, it will rival any college baseball field in the nation.

The tennis facilities are to the left, along with the indoor track/baseball/softball/tennis facilities. They will also hold equestrian events in this arena. OSU is hosting a tennis regional this year with the existing decent facilities, and having the new ones will help for the future.

The new track and soccer areas also visible.

There will also be underground transit tunnels from the garage/stadiums/dorms.

Previously, the track and tennis and soccer areas were located at different places on the campus. When the village is done, all sporting events will be held in 5-6 block area. The parking garage will be great for all sports where there are normally parking issues - football, basketball, baseball. It will also work for commuter student, which was one of the big complaints when I went to school.

http://www.o-state.com/forum/gallery/data/500/100024OSU_AV.jpg

leemajors
05-11-2007, 12:16 PM
i always forget how large a campus UT is, it must be nice to be able to have everything centralized like that. i hardly ever go to baseball games since it is such a bitch to park at the disch.

MajorMike
05-11-2007, 12:52 PM
You can see the end zone going up in the webcam.

http://www.okstate.com/fls/200/cam/images/southimage.jpg

K-State Spur
05-11-2007, 02:23 PM
You forgot complete control of the athletic department and the school president's sack, that's also what Boone's money is buying.

SrA Husker
05-11-2007, 02:38 PM
Too bad old pickens can't buy the school a trip out of Stillwater, the one factor that will prevent it from ever becoming a power.

RonMexico
05-18-2007, 12:31 AM
i always forget how large a campus UT is, it must be nice to be able to have everything centralized like that. i hardly ever go to baseball games since it is such a bitch to park at the disch.

That's because they're forcefully moving people out of their existing homes in order to take over that land and build the top half of the image.

06-03-2007, 01:49 PM
That's because they're forcefully moving people out of their existing homes in order to take over that land and build the top half of the image.

Granted it's bee a few years (like over 10) since I was there, but if I remember right, it looks like the new stuff will be between McElroy and Hall Of Fame. There were a few houses in that direction, but not many IIRC.

OSU may have owned that land anyway.