PDA

View Full Version : Dougie Advocated Injuring TD

Kevin Blackistone
05-11-2007, 03:41 PM
This gay little fuck:

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/20/206895.jpg

Doug Gottlieb, the no talent hack who is filling in for Jim Rome, just called the Spurs the dirtiest team in the league and actually stated that the Suns should send in Burke to take out Timmy's knees. ESPN now allowing their trained monkeys to advocate cheap shots in the NBA Playoffs? Please, fire this bitch immediately.

mardigan
05-11-2007, 03:42 PM
He has been painful to watch hosting the show

MadDog73
05-11-2007, 03:44 PM
Obviously, he's just trying to light up the phonelines. Don't give him the satisfaction.

The best way to get assholes like this to go away is to ignore them.

duncan228
05-11-2007, 03:45 PM
There was something in game 2 in a time out where it was supposedly said in the Sun's huddle "take Duncan out." It was interperted as take him out of his game but after all this bs with Amare I'm beginning to wonder.

I'm going to watch the game again and see where it was and exactly what was said by the side line reporter.

Did anyone else catch this?

Kevin Blackistone
05-11-2007, 03:48 PM
Obviously, he's just trying to light up the phonelines. Don't give him the satisfaction.

I know. I just wanted to call him a no talent hack and a trained monkey. He does kind of look like a monkey...

Durruti
05-11-2007, 03:48 PM
Lame ass comment. These dirty tricks are best reserved for Spurs. Let Suns take the high ground.

dimsah
05-11-2007, 03:50 PM
Suns taking the high ground! Ha Ha ha.

Obstructed_View
It's the only chance the Suns have of winning. ESPN probably slipped him a little extra to suggest it.

Kevin Blackistone
Lame ass comment. These dirty tricks are best reserved for Spurs. Let Suns take the high ground.

Amare's done a great job of taking the high ground. Great job.

Jeremy
05-11-2007, 03:54 PM
There was something in game 2 in a time out where it was supposedly said in the Sun's huddle "take Duncan out." It was interperted as take him out of his game but after all this bs with Amare I'm beginning to wonder.

I'm going to watch the game again and see where it was and exactly what was said by the side line reporter.

Did anyone else catch this?

Good grief.

Most likely it was when Duncan had 3 fouls and they wanted to take him out of the game by getting him to pick up his 4th foul.

SpursWoman
05-11-2007, 03:55 PM
*sigh*

cornbread
05-11-2007, 03:56 PM
This gay little fuck:

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/20/206895.jpg

Doug Gottlieb, the no talent hack who is filling in for Jim Rome, just called the Spurs the dirtiest team in the league and actually stated that the Suns should send in Burke to take out Timmy's knees. ESPN now allowing their trained monkeys to advocate cheap shots in the NBA Playoffs? Please, fire this bitch immediately.
He's just trying to make the best of his screen time. Considering that Dantoni doesn't even think the "kick" was anything, he probably won't be coming up with some scheme to take out Timmy.

spursfaninnewmexico
05-11-2007, 04:01 PM

Or just win.

duncan228
05-11-2007, 04:04 PM
Good grief.

Most likely it was when Duncan had 3 fouls and they wanted to take him out of the game by getting him to pick up his 4th foul.

Like I said, that's what I thought too. But this bs with Amare made me wonder. If he thought Bowen was dirty what's to stop him from playing the same game?

And just for the record, I thought they should send the tape if they had an issue. They did that and the league saw nothing. Amare opened his mouth and created this shit storm. Is it so far fetched to think there's more to it in the Suns huddle?

kps0001
05-11-2007, 04:05 PM
Amare's done a great job of taking the high ground. Great job.

kinda like you with comments like

This gay little fuck:

Kevin Blackistone
05-11-2007, 04:09 PM
kinda like you with comments like

i never said I took the high ground, bitch. I refuted what that idiot above said about the Suns taking the high ground. Read the posts you gay little fuck.

sunsbum
05-11-2007, 04:11 PM
OH NOW its a big issue that someone is saying to take out your boy TD...

but if bowen is sweep kicking our star its nothing right?

you guys are beyond delusional

MadDog73
05-11-2007, 04:12 PM
i never said I took the high ground, bitch. I refuted what that idiot above said about the Suns taking the high ground. Read the posts you gay little fuck.

... not that there's anything wrong with that.

kps0001
05-11-2007, 04:12 PM

oh so its like the old adage, "do as I say not as I do"? Gotcha.

proceed with the name calling.

:clap

MadDog73
05-11-2007, 04:14 PM

Geez, should I even bother?

1. Only delusional Spurs haters think Bowen intentionally tried to hurt Amare. Not even the hyper-sensitive Stern thought so.

2. Advocating someone hurting another player is wrong. It's wrong when Spurs fans do it, it's wrong when Suns fans do it, it's wrong when a no-talent shock-jock does it to get some phone calls.

The main difference is Spurs fans are saying Bowen is not trying to hurt Amare, instead of cheering him to do it.

Obstructed_View
05-11-2007, 04:15 PM

Um. Who exactly is delusional?

kps0001
05-11-2007, 04:15 PM

To be fair I have had some nice OBJECTIVE dialogue with some pretty cool Spurs fans here. Most of what I have seen here though is blind homerism and childish name calling by those who can't seem to prove any point.

Sportcamper
05-11-2007, 04:17 PM
Doug Gottlieb did not say or write any such thing.... :dramaquee

jmard5
05-11-2007, 04:25 PM

There was never a sweep, nor a kick. Only blind Suns fans making up baby stories for baby Amare...

O what great sig I have!

GrandeDavid
05-11-2007, 04:29 PM
Andrew Siciliano hosted Monday thru Thursday and today was hosted by the Brothers Sklar. So you must be mistaken.

Kori Ellis
05-11-2007, 04:31 PM
Andrew Siciliano hosted Monday thru Thursday and today was hosted by the Brothers Sklar. So you must be mistaken.

Doug Gottlieb did not say or write any such thing....

So the original poster is just making this up?

If so, I will just close the thread.

duncan228
05-11-2007, 04:32 PM
So the original poster is just making this up?

If so, I will just close the thread.

Hi Kori! We miss you!

Drive Like Jehu
05-11-2007, 04:33 PM

Please don't refer to your comment as "lame ass". There is no reason to be so hard on yourself. You are no worse then any other troll.

Kori Ellis
05-11-2007, 04:33 PM
Hi Kori! We miss you!

Thanks, I will be back regularly after tomorrow afternoon.

samikeyp
05-11-2007, 04:34 PM
D'Antoni may be a whiner but he is not going to advocate thuggery like this. To think that is just as ignorant as to think Popovich orders his players to the same.

duncan228
05-11-2007, 04:36 PM
D'Antoni may be a whiner but he is not going to advocate thuggery like this. To think that is just as ignorant as to think Popovich orders his players to the same.

I know you're right. It gets so carried away, so dramatic, that it's easy to get caught up in it.

I know it's not the Spurs style.
I want to believe it's not any NBA teams style.

samikeyp
05-11-2007, 04:38 PM
I know it's not the Spurs style.
I want to believe it's not any NBA teams style.

Its not. Because Bowen and Ginobili have been guilty of questionable behavior, ignorant fans brand the whole team dirty. Those are the same mental midgets who like to drop the "All Spurs fans are....." card. Luckily the majority of the Suns fans here are better than that.

SAtown
05-11-2007, 04:41 PM

The TV show, not the Jim Rome radio show.

spursfan09
05-11-2007, 04:46 PM

Yeah they better take to high ground cause the Suns aren't in PHoenix anymore. As for the Spurs, they always take the high road.

Sportcamper
05-11-2007, 04:51 PM
Still waiting for the thread to be deleted or documented... :smokin

Kori Ellis
05-11-2007, 04:51 PM
...Luckily the majority of the Suns fans here are better than that.

:lol They are?

sammy
05-11-2007, 05:05 PM

Hey we were rooting for your team against Mavs and I've been rooting for your team against Utah, so why are you acting like an asshole! The Spurs have never done anything to your team except win! They never said a negative word against your team so why all of the hate?

FromWayDowntown
05-11-2007, 05:36 PM
Its not. Because Bowen and Ginobili have been guilty of questionable behavior, ignorant fans [and players] brand the whole team dirty. . . .

fixed.

The great thing about these sorts of radio stunts is that nobody with half a brain takes any of the suggestion seriously. Even if the host meant every word he's alleged to have said, he knows that there's no chance that the Suns would actually go after Duncan.

Trainwreck2100
05-11-2007, 05:43 PM
This is legit, on Jim Rome is burning, the idiot host called Bowen and the Spurs dirty. I don't know if Rome will appreciate it because Bruce is a reg. on his show. This guy was full of crap he still said that the Spurs played in the Alamodome, if you're going to diss somebody, at least do your homework.

samikeyp
05-11-2007, 05:50 PM
fixed.

As usual, you are correct sir. :)

:lol They are?

:lol

I was trying to be optimistic.

Ahh...fuck it, civility be damned!! :makemyday

conversekid
05-11-2007, 05:51 PM
Good grief.

As hard as it is to say, "I agree with this Suns fan". I doubt dantoni told them to take him out as "hurt him" ... it probably was directed to attack him to make him pick up his 4th... get him off the low block - make him catch the ball further from the basket... if it was george karl, then i'd believe it.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-11-2007, 06:27 PM
Gottlieb is worthless. I couldn't even tune in to J.R. the days he was on.

Those two brothers who hosted today were pretty good though.

SRJ
05-11-2007, 06:28 PM
Isn't Gottlieb the guy Groucho Marx clowned all throughout the movie A Night At The Opera? Why do I care what Gottlieb thinks?

mardigan
05-11-2007, 06:31 PM
Gottlieb is worthless. I couldn't even tune in to J.R. the days he was on.

Those two brothers who hosted today were pretty good though.
Yea the Sklar brothers are pretty funny, they used to have that show Cheap Seates on ESPN2

td4mvp21
05-11-2007, 06:34 PM
I still don't understand how we went from being the classiest team in the league to the dirtiest? Our players, believe it or not, are not dirty. So what, Ginobili held Stoudemire's leg. BIG FUCKING DEAL. Every player in the damn league, including the Suns, does something illegal like that every damn game, and doesn't get called for it. It's not dirty, it's something you do in the heat of the moment. Also, no one on our team tries to hurt other players. Ever. They in fact always help the other team up when a hard foul is committed.