PDA

View Full Version : Meet your Enemy

Durruti
05-11-2007, 06:00 PM
Hey guys,

Well I'm sick of talking Bowen and I'm sure you are too.

I think all Spurs fans will enjoy this video. In order to defeat your opponent you have to understand them. Here’s a visual aid.

This is a pretty cool comp of round 1 Suns vs. Lakers. Lakers obviously are nowhere near the Spurs in terms of both defense and offense but you might find something useful here. Maybe it’ll spark some debate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcSfnKK3kY8

Does anyone have a comp of Spurs vs. Nuggets? If so I’d love to see it.

Thanks, and enjoy :)

timvp
05-11-2007, 06:14 PM
Ex-Laker fan who hopped on the Golden State Warriors bandwagon.

Well played.

DarrinS
05-11-2007, 06:17 PM
Gotta love those dreamcicle orange unis.

NOT.

SAGambler
05-11-2007, 06:25 PM
Oops....Did you see at about the 4 minute mark of that video how Nash went airborne and kicked out at Kobe?

Nash must be a dirty player. No way that was an accident. He tried to kick him in the chest or face...

Durruti
05-11-2007, 06:26 PM
Wow.

Even though I hate the Spurs, I can appreciate your moves. Not floppy or Bowen or arm curls, but Timmy hitting off the glass and Parker driving and your brutal discipline. Not to mention non-floppy Manu when he takes it to the bucket without drama. If he didn't bother with those flops he'd be remembered as a great. On the other hand, didn't Argentina win the world's basketball comp last year?

You guys should be THANKING me. I'm giving you the best plays of the Suns' last round. What would Sun Tzu do with you twits? I thought it was all about winning? You know: sweep the leg, Bowen rocks, we're tough guys now etc.

Durruti
05-11-2007, 06:29 PM
Oops....Did you see at about the 4 minute mark of that video how Nash went airborne and kicked out at Kobe?

Nash must be a dirty player. No way that was an accident. He tried to kick him in the chest or face...

Nope. Used Kobe's shorts as foot rest. Not his balls, however. Get your mind outta the gutter. It was sneaky but not dirty. What's the difference? Dirty is when you sweep someone's leg. K?
:lol

Don't be a goof besides. I have no problem with Malone bashing in Nash's teeth. I have no problem with elbows, (some) pushing, fist fights, hard fouls, emotion etc. etc.

but no legs and ankles.

I don't like snakes.

Durruti
05-11-2007, 06:37 PM
Golden State Warriors bandwagon.

I was born in Oakland you asshole. The Warriors are always my #1 team, but like I said, when you're a W. fan you can't help but pick someone to root for in the playoffs as well. Normally we don't make it.

I know this is incredible to believe for spoiled fans but we were just happy to make the playoffs. To beat the Mavs was just bizarre, yet strangely I thought they would beat them right from the start. A handful of basketball experts (and, I might note, an even larger percentage of fans -- who tend to be more expert) said the same thing.

You wanna rub it in? Fine, it's all be written that we lose in the second round.

But you might too. ;)

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-11-2007, 06:42 PM
You guys should be THANKING me. I'm giving you the best plays of the Suns' last round. What would Sun Tzu do with you twits? I thought it was all about winning? You know: sweep the leg, Bowen rocks, we're tough guys now etc.

THANK YOU Durmutty!!! Thanks to that video we now know all the Suns secrets!!! I'm forwarding this to Pop!! The Suns are doomed!!!!

You are da man!!!!!

Durruti
05-11-2007, 06:43 PM
THANK YOU Durmutty!!! Thanks to that video we now know all the Suns secrets!!! I'm forwarding this to Pop!! The Suns are doomed!!!!

You are da man!!!!!

Hyuk Hyuk.

DarrinS
05-11-2007, 06:43 PM
I was born in Oakland you asshole. The Warriors are always my #1 team, but like I said, when you're a W. fan you can't help but pick someone to root for in the playoffs as well. Normally we don't make it.

I know this is incredible to believe for spoiled fans but we were just happy to make the playoffs. To beat the Mavs was just bizarre, yet strangely I thought they would beat them right from the start. A handful of basketball experts (and, I might note, an even larger percentage of fans -- who tend to be more expert) said the same thing.

You wanna rub it in? Fine, it's all be written that we lose in the second round.

But you might too. ;)

Good job insulting the mod. And I thought I was going to like GS fan. Oh well.

Durruti
05-11-2007, 06:46 PM
Good job insulting the man[

Oops. :lol

LavaLamp
05-11-2007, 06:50 PM

But you might too. ;)

Durruti,

I like the way the Warriors play. I was rooting for them against the Mavs not just because I am a Suns fan... Maybe my personality prefers teams which play with a fast-hitting, creative offense... a lot like Brazilian soccer.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-11-2007, 06:50 PM
What's the point of this thread?

You found Youtube highlights of the Suns v. Lakers?

Congratulations!

The troll invasion continues.

DarrinS
05-11-2007, 06:51 PM
Durruti,

I like the way the Warriors play. I was rooting for them against the Mavs not just because I am a Suns fan... Maybe my personality prefers teams which play with a fast-hitting, creative offense... a lot like Brazilian soccer.

Did you just manage to put "fast-hitting creative offense" and "soccer" in the same sentence? Nice job.

LavaLamp
05-11-2007, 06:54 PM
Did you just manage to put "fast-hitting creative offense" and "soccer" in the same sentence? Nice job.

You've never seen a good soccer team's offense?

DarrinS
05-11-2007, 06:57 PM
You've never seen a good soccer team's offense?

They must be the ones that score MORE than 1 point. :sleep

Durruti
05-11-2007, 06:58 PM
Durruti,

Thanks Lava.

These Spurs dinos are on their way out, and not a moment too soon. The whole basketball community will rejoice when these geezers get sent to bed, provided they don't injure anybody during their decline.

God willing, we'll never see another team as boring as the Spurs ever again.

One can dream my friend...one can dream.....

LavaLamp
05-11-2007, 07:01 PM
They must be the ones that score MORE than 1 point. :sleep

LOL. I see your point now. Yes, soccer is a low-scoring game. However, it takes a lot of coordination, skill and speed to put-together a play to score that one goal. It is very different from b-ball in that way. A good b-ball offense or defense requires the same qualities.

DarrinS
05-11-2007, 07:02 PM
Thanks Lava.

These Spurs dinos are on their way out, and not a moment too soon. The whole basketball community will rejoice when these geezers get sent to bed, provided they don't injure anybody during their decline.

God willing, we'll never see another team as boring as the Spurs ever again.

One can dream my friend...one can dream.....

Watching the Warriors play is like watching kids playing the hoops machine at Dave & Busters. At least those kids will take their few hundreds tickets and win themselves a 2 cent piece of shit made-in-China toy. The Warriors...?

Tigole Bitties
05-11-2007, 07:16 PM
Watching the Warriors play is like watching kids playing the hoops machine at Dave & Busters. At least those kids will take their few hundreds tickets and win themselves a 2 cent piece of shit made-in-China toy. The Warriors...?

NBA JAM!

If only Big Head Baron Davis spotted up at a 9-pt Hot Spot at the end of Game 2 :spin

Durruti
05-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Talk to me when you get a new avatar, putz.

Tigole Bitties
05-11-2007, 07:25 PM
Talk to me when you get a new avatar, putz.

Don't you have to report back to your manpimp in East Palo Alto?

Durruti
05-11-2007, 07:28 PM
Ordinarily that might be considered witty, but your avatar ruins all hope of mutual respect.

Lemme guess: you lost an avatar bet?

Word to the wise: don't gamble unless the odds are in your favor. Better yet, don't gamble at all.

EastsBeasts
05-11-2007, 08:34 PM
I don't understand when other teams fans say the Spurs and or Pistons are boring to watch?
They are exciting to watch both on the offensive and defensive ends of the floor. Where as a team like the Suns are only fun to watch on the offensive side. I like to watch the Spurs play defense, all though not as well as the Piston's do, I still like watching them play and communicate with each other on that end of the floor. I think fans from other teams just don't have an appreciation for smart, entertaining, and swarming defenses.

Another thing, the Spurs vs Pistons finals of 2005 was one of the most exciting finals this league has ever witnessed.

LavaLamp
05-11-2007, 09:16 PM
Isn't the number of steals an indicator of a good defense?

Right now, the Warriors have 8 compared to 2 for the Jazz. Also, turnovers are Warriors 5, Jazz 14. You can't say this small ball team plays no defense. It's just a different kind of pressure defense.