PDA

View Full Version : Prediction

SuperManu!!!
11-24-2004, 06:06 PM
I have the feeling tha Manu today is going to have a huge game! He loves being at the SBC Center, he had 1 day rest and he always plays well when the other team is an important one. I think TD will have also a big game.

Manu20
11-24-2004, 06:11 PM
First Triple Double for Manu. I'm a little optimistic but I'm a homer. :drunk

ALVAREZ6
11-24-2004, 06:53 PM
Manu is gonna be Ice Cold CA$H money tonight,
mark my words....

LakerGod
11-25-2004, 05:33 AM
Sure!

Great game by Manu, very energetic but only scored 4 POINTS!!!???

Rummpd
11-25-2004, 09:21 AM
The difference is if Kobe or Odom score 4 team loses by 14 or more. Manu knows when he needs to turn it on - I am not saying he is a Kobe but Manu is a great player that Kobe, Odom, Vlade the Flopper and their multiple surrounding smurfs would love to have. Kobe and Manu would be an unstopable backcourt.

By the way, missing Derek Fisher this year?

MadDoc

boutons
11-25-2004, 09:33 AM
Manu proved he is horribly erratic scorer, even clanking all 3 of his FTs, one of his better categories.

He was in a funny mood. Seemed to be very energetic, at the edge of control (3 early fouls), and had a solid game in all categories, except scoring.

TMTTRIO
11-25-2004, 10:21 AM
he sure was frustrated last night throwing a towel across the bench and hitting the scorer's table later on during the game. Glad he didn't hit a fan with it :lol.

SuperManu!!!
11-25-2004, 10:30 AM
He had 14 points of eff rating with only 4 points.....he had many assists and rebounds, steals and 1 block. That means he is a very complete player. HIs only problem were his Fg%....it seems it were that nights were not even a free throw goes in.

boutons
11-25-2004, 11:46 AM
"throwing a towel across the bench"

yep, I saw that. Just adds to his "complete player" profile, :) He can be violent as well as humble Mr Nice Guy.

He was really pissed, but I wonder why? At himself, for how he had just played, or at Pop for yanking him when Manu thought he should have stayed in. I think I would be pissed if I were playing as hard as Manu was, screwed up, and got punished by Pop yanking me.

btw, that fantastic, super-long, low bounce pass (like skipping a stone on water) was typical Manu. Basketball high art worthy of framing that was also asking to be a high-percentage TO. Big credit to Bruce for running the floor and being ready to catch it, and finish.

ALVAREZ6
11-25-2004, 01:40 PM
Sure!

Great game by Manu, very energetic but only scored 4 POINTS!!!???

Just because you don't blow away on points doesn't mean he didn't help.

I dont know, i guess 8 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 steals, and a block doesn't help the team right?

Dex
11-25-2004, 01:53 PM
He was really pissed, but I wonder why? At himself, for how he had just played, or at Pop for yanking him when Manu thought he should have stayed in. I think I would be pissed if I were playing as hard as Manu was, screwed up, and got punished by Pop yanking me.

Probably a combination of all these things. If I can recall his play correctly, he had just accidentally bounded into Tim to ruin what would've been a Mavs turnover. Obviously straining to right his wrong (as Manu often impeccably does), he had made a nice dish that Tim failed to turn into an assist, then had driven hard to the basket for a foul, but missed the shot AND both free throws. Right after that, Pop yanked him. (Pop HAD been cracking down on the team about missing free throws all game.)

I'm sure he was just frustrated with his play in the string of events, as well as aware of the fact that it may have landed him a quick seat on the bench. You never really know if Pop was trying to punish Manu at all, or just infuse some quick offense with Barry (which it did). I definitely caught Manu throw the fit, but I was glad to see that Pop didn't reprimand him much for it. He came back out onto the court fairly quickly.