PDA

View Full Version : Should We Start Ginobili?

Dro210
05-11-2007, 08:49 PM
Should we start Manu? We've sent him to the bench in order to start others and give them a spark (Finley/Barry)... is it time to do the same for Manu?

Me personally.... I say no, I don't see the need for adjustments just yet.... but, once again, the 3 day lay off (along with Manu's recent play) has left me with nothing to do but over analyze, so I just wanted to see what yall thought about it...

*If there's already a thread like this, I'll delete it, but I didn't see any on the 1st few pages, so here goes...

Amuseddaysleeper
05-11-2007, 08:50 PM
ahhh

finally a fresh topic for discussion! :tu

EastsBeasts
05-11-2007, 08:52 PM
Here's a better question, how is Parker going to penetrate the lane against one of Detroit's zone defenses?
It can't be done Spurs nation, you might as well concede right now.

LavaLamp
05-11-2007, 08:54 PM
Here's a better question, how is Parker going to penetrate the lane against one of Detroit's zone defenses?

Won't TP just shoot over it?

johngateswhiteley
05-11-2007, 08:56 PM

even better question...who won between the teams in the 2005 finals?

Obstructed_View
05-11-2007, 09:17 PM
Should we start Manu? We've sent him to the bench in order to start others and give them a spark (Finley/Barry)... is it time to do the same for Manu?

Me personally.... I say no, I don't see the need for adjustments just yet.... but, once again, the 3 day lay off (along with Manu's recent play) has left me with nothing to do but over analyze, so I just wanted to see what yall thought about it...

*If there's already a thread like this, I'll delete it, but I didn't see any on the 1st few pages, so here goes...
I think I posted this same thing a few days ago, and it generated so little discussion that it's buried now. I bet someone else will post it again if Manu doesn't start tomorrow.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-11-2007, 09:19 PM
I think I posted this same thing a few days ago, and it generated so little discussion that it's buried now. I bet someone else will post it again if Manu doesn't start tomorrow.
and Manu continues his slump. But it's funny how the discussion can change after each game, so who knows. I hope something lights up in Manu tomorrow night, though. That's usually how it goes.

duncan228
05-11-2007, 09:29 PM
The Official Start Manu Thread

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66623

Dro210
05-11-2007, 09:40 PM
The Official Start Manu Thread

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66623

Cool.... I'm not advocating him starting tho... I'm just asking 'should he start?', cause I wanted to see what yall thought about it for the sake of non-shoe stepping discussion

Obstructed_View
05-11-2007, 09:40 PM
Official? Too bad the thread I started was two days before it.

duncan228
05-11-2007, 09:50 PM
Official? Too bad the thread I started was two days before it.

I'm sorry. I didn't go back far enough. Here's yours.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66402

Kori Ellis
05-11-2007, 09:51 PM
This same topic has been started six times since game 2 ended :lol I just keep merging them.

Dro210
05-11-2007, 09:52 PM
So yall think I should delete this one and bring back one of the old ones, or just let this one go?

duncan228
05-11-2007, 09:53 PM
This same topic has been started six times since game 2 ended :lol I just keep merging them.

Hey, I found 2 of them! I'm trying to help! :lol

Dro210
05-11-2007, 09:54 PM

Fa sho, well go ahead and do that with this.... I've been outta town and computer-less since early Wednesday morning, so I missed out on all of the discussion. I looked for similar threads, but didn't see any too recent... just didn't look far enough back... My bad

conversekid
05-11-2007, 09:56 PM
Should we start Manu?

No. He played off the bench through the '03 playoffs and that worked fine. We need his offensive punch (when he finds it again) and energy off the bench. No way we can have our energy be Finley, horry, and/or Berry.

Obstructed_View
05-11-2007, 10:00 PM
I'm sorry. I didn't go back far enough. Here's yours.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66402
Yeah, I was just kidding. I'm sure there are a dozen of them. Thank you for giving me credit, though.

To continue the discussion, if Finley is going to go into a shooting slump again, why the hell not start Manu?

Obstructed_View
05-11-2007, 10:01 PM
No. He played off the bench through the '03 playoffs and that worked fine. We need his offensive punch (when he finds it again) and energy off the bench. No way we can have our energy be Finley, horry, and/or Berry.
Wasn't Manu a rookie in '03?

Man of Steel
05-11-2007, 11:56 PM
Mark my words--

Gino starts tomorrow night.

Watch for Tim and Tony to try to set Manu up to get ass going again.

Man of Steel
05-11-2007, 11:58 PM

Hell--why merge them?

If people don't want to read it--they can skip it.

I don't understand the need to be so thread-obsessed. Its not like this is elementary school and we need a teacher to stop us from throwing erasers across the room, or putting a lizard down a girl's blouse.

beirmeistr
05-12-2007, 12:00 AM
Manu was a rookie in 03. But he started in 05.

MadDog73
05-12-2007, 12:04 AM
Shouldn't this thread(s) have a poll?

Hoy
05-12-2007, 09:00 AM
To start or not to start Manu is a futile question. :nope

The truth of matter is Manu is suffering from Samson Syndrome meets the Hole in the Ozone Layer phenomenon.

Now, what am I talking about?
I am talking about the Manu's Bald Spot.

See the Spot, the bald spot?
See the Spot getting larger and Manu getting weaker?
See Manu-Spot connection?

Manu losing hair is Manu losing strength like Samson sans hair, and as the bald spot get larger, like our Ozone Layer, he is less robust. (translation: larger bald spot, older Manu.) :p:

Solution?
Get him a wig headband like this :fro