PDA

View Full Version : Baron Davis is UNBELIEVABLE

kris
05-11-2007, 11:05 PM
I thought he had already put his stamp on the playoffs, but he made an unreal full 360 degree layup and then redefined that defining moment by delivering a vicious facial to Kirlienko.

I hope the Warriors beat the Jazz. Their too fun to watch.

ducks
05-11-2007, 11:06 PM
they will get swepted by the spurs

kris
05-11-2007, 11:06 PM
I'm not so sure about that.

Pistons < Spurs
05-11-2007, 11:07 PM
they will get swepted by the spurs
you done lost your mind....

ducks
05-11-2007, 11:08 PM
spurs win the first 2 at home
go to gs for the kill
no one has beat them at home yet they will lose in game 3
no one can guard duncan

mavsfan1000
05-11-2007, 11:09 PM
Too bad they'll go down in 5 against Utah.

ducks
you done lost your mind....
spurs own gs
gs owns mavs

gs does not match up at all with spurs

dg7md
spurs win the first 2 at home
go to gs for the kill
no one has beat them at home yet they will lose in game 3
no one can guard duncan

Same can be said about Boozer, and he's been huge this entire year. On par with Duncan by far.

Golden State is just playing insane.

ducks
05-11-2007, 11:10 PM
Too bad they'll go down in 5 against Utah.
nelson>sloan

Pistons < Spurs
05-11-2007, 11:13 PM
The Spurs have not played the POSTSEASON version of the Warriors. They are an entirely different beast right now. They're playing loose and confident. In their minds, they have nothing to lose. They feel no pressure. Pressure was having to win almost all of their last 15 regular season games just to get in the playoffs. Right now, the Warriors can beat anyone.

ducks
05-11-2007, 11:14 PM
Same can be said about Boozer, and he's been huge this entire year. On par with Duncan by far.

Golden State is just playing insane.
uh
duncan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>boozer
boozer stats may be close
but duncan does alot more then boozer

florige
05-11-2007, 11:15 PM
The Spurs have not played the POSTSEASON version of the Warriors. They are an entirely different beast right now. They're playing loose and confident. In their minds, they have nothing to lose. They feel no pressure. Pressure was having to win almost all of their last 15 regular season games just to get in the playoffs. Right now, the Warriors can beat anyone.

Even your Pistons?

ducks
05-11-2007, 11:16 PM
they are confident right now
but they have not played a team that has won a title yet
mavs are not title contenders with dirk anymore

Pistons < Spurs
05-11-2007, 11:17 PM
Even your Pistons?
Absolutely. I want nothing to do with them in the Finals....

ducks
05-11-2007, 11:17 PM
you beat gs soundly 2 at home they will lose their confidence

jazz won at home barley 2
gs has all the conidence in the world now
YOU have to beat them soundly the first 2 games

spurs will

ducks
05-11-2007, 11:18 PM
bulls had confidence in the world after the heat
but got blown out 2 by pistons
started off slow in game 3 got it going then pistons got hot then bulls lost all confidence
due to blow out losses in piston land

florige
05-11-2007, 11:25 PM
Absolutely. I want nothing to do with them in the Finals....

Don't know about that. You guys seemed to handle the Bulls with ease. Not as freeshooting as the Warriors, But I'm confident that Rip and Prince could probably contain Davis to some degree.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-11-2007, 11:25 PM
The Warriors pwned the Mavs in the regular season and in the playoffs. They're playing the same. And I believe the last time we played them we won by 28+ points, not to mention a 38-point win on their floor. I fail to see how these Warriors are different. If they win this series against Utah, they are better than the regular season Warriors, but not to where they can make a series against the Spurs challenging.

MadDog73
05-11-2007, 11:42 PM
I'd rather face the Jazz then Warriors, no doubt. GS is scary folks.

Shit, I'm surprised some Spurs fans aren't scared of Jackson at least. We know what he can do.

ducks
05-11-2007, 11:43 PM
I know what bowen can do on jackson and what manu can do on him

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-11-2007, 11:43 PM
I'm gonna shit myself if we have to play the Jazz. They pwn the shit out of us at rebounding.

Pistons < Spurs
05-11-2007, 11:44 PM
Don't know about that. You guys seemed to handle the Bulls with ease. Not as freeshooting as the Warriors, But I'm confident that Rip and Prince could probably contain Davis to some degree.
The Bulls don't match up well against us. Rip and Billups can do wahtever they want aginst Kirk and Ben. Bulls have no interior scoring, and they have Big Ben so it's basically 4 on 5. The Tay - Deng matchup is the closest thing the Bulls have to an equal advantage. The Bulls also don't have a leader that they can call on to lift them up when needed like Baron has done for the Warriors.

Vs the Warriors, Chauncey has no size advantage on Baron ... he won't be able to back him down like he does smaller guards. He also has no where enough speed to stay in front of Baron defensively.

Rip gives up like 30 pounds vs Richardson or Jackson. He may run around alot, but they're very physical with him. And Jackson is very familiar w/ Rip and how to defend him coming from the Pacers.

Tay may have some advantages here, but not enough of the offense goes through him.

Sheed and Webber play too much outside to take advantage of a somewhat weak GS interior. And neither of them have the legs to keep up w/ GS.

The Pistons are not a quick or athletic team. They'd be running right past us.

We play smarter. We slow it down and control tempo. But if they keep shooting 35+ 3's and hitting over 40% of them.... :depressed

And like Dallas, they owned us in the regular season.

We are playing great. And I fully believe we could beat them...but I'd rather face any of the other 3 Western teams remaining.

Pistons < Spurs
05-11-2007, 11:49 PM
I'm gonna shit myself if we have to play the Jazz. They pwn the shit out of us at rebounding.
The Spurs have a rough road ahead of them no matter who they face. Utah's bigs and interior presence offer tons of difficulties. Oberto, Elson and Horry will have their hands full. And the Warriors IMO are the scariest team out there right now w/ their unconventional play and bombardment abilities from behind the arc.

MadDog73
05-12-2007, 12:00 AM
OK, let's be realistic here:

Rank these three teams on how well they match up against the Spurs:

1. Mavs
2. Warriors
3. Jazz

And yes, I do realize the Mavs lost in the first round. That, however, does NOT mean they would be an easier team to face than the Utah Jazz.

Hell, right now I'm just worried about the Suns. The Warriors/Jazz will just have to wait their turn.

ponky
05-12-2007, 12:01 AM
they are confident right now
but they have not played a team that has won a title yet
mavs are not title contenders with dirk anymore

like the heat from this season and the spurs from last season? this makes no sense. if it did, the spurs would have eight rings from 99 to the present.

anyway, the spurs are probably a better matchup to the warriors but they won a game without baron davis in the lineup and the other two games were split 1-1. with everyone healhty, the warriors are a very good team, don't be fooled by their regular season record. baron davis has always been a great player, he's just always been either hampered by injuries or didn't get along with certain coaches (scott). warriors have a very, very good mix of young and old players, biedrins/monta alongside j-rich/baron/sjax, not to mention the middle dudes like harrington and pietrus.

mVp
05-12-2007, 12:10 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3Gpi1WGesqQ
http://youtube.com/watch?v=uMKIqg5THp4

I love this guy

Mike Tirico
05-12-2007, 12:23 AM
yeah I agree

Trainwreck2100
05-12-2007, 12:30 AM
Should the Spurs get passed the Suns they will have no problem against Suns light. Timmy will own the crap out of that lineup. Even Cinderella had to go home at midnight.

Obstructed_View
05-12-2007, 12:31 AM
Yeah, the Spurs have owned the Warriors the same way the Warriors have owned the Mavs.

itzsoweezee
05-12-2007, 12:35 AM
let's get this post back on track.
baron davis rips the hearts out of the mavs with his bare hands.
baron davis posterizes ak47.
baron davis wears a fedora (http://farm1.static.flickr.com/172/475097416_4877bae7a5.jpg) with bullets in it.
conclusion, baron davis is the biggest badass in the nba.

Vinnie_Johnson
05-12-2007, 12:46 AM
The Bulls don't match up well against us. Rip and Billups can do wahtever they want aginst Kirk and Ben. Bulls have no interior scoring, and they have Big Ben so it's basically 4 on 5. The Tay - Deng matchup is the closest thing the Bulls have to an equal advantage. The Bulls also don't have a leader that they can call on to lift them up when needed like Baron has done for the Warriors.

Vs the Warriors, Chauncey has no size advantage on Baron ... he won't be able to back him down like he does smaller guards. He also has no where enough speed to stay in front of Baron defensively.

Rip gives up like 30 pounds vs Richardson or Jackson. He may run around alot, but they're very physical with him. And Jackson is very familiar w/ Rip and how to defend him coming from the Pacers.

Tay may have some advantages here, but not enough of the offense goes through him.

Sheed and Webber play too much outside to take advantage of a somewhat weak GS interior. And neither of them have the legs to keep up w/ GS.

The Pistons are not a quick or athletic team. They'd be running right past us.

We play smarter. We slow it down and control tempo. But if they keep shooting 35+ 3's and hitting over 40% of them.... :depressed

And like Dallas, they owned us in the regular season.

We are playing great. And I fully believe we could beat them...but I'd rather face any of the other 3 Western teams remaining.

Ditto
:toast

Roxsfan
05-12-2007, 12:53 AM
baron is the man :elephant

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-12-2007, 01:13 AM
Hate to interrupt the pissing match but whoever thinks Utah would be easier for the Spurs in the WCF than the Warriors is a dumbass.

ponky
05-12-2007, 06:51 AM
Yeah, the Spurs have owned the Warriors the same way the Warriors have owned the Mavs.

Uh, hate to burst your bubble but while you're right about the Warriors owning the Mavs (regular and post season) what makes you (and Trainwreck) think the Spurs will *easily* beat the Warriors? Because of those two games where you guys trounced the Warriors in the regular season? If you want to go by regular season games for your predictions then let me point some out for you. Did you see Game two Suns/Spurs turning out that way? Well, you should've, considering they beat the Spurs by 16 back in February. Like I said above, one of your wins against the Warriors was in a game without Jason Richardson, before the Pacers trade and with Beno scoring 16, Barry scoring 18, Williams scoring 10, Horry scoring 10. You really think those benchers are going to do that again? So you have one game where the Spurs lost against the Warriors without Baron Davis playing and you have one game where the Spurs won against the Warriors with all their guys healthy and after acquiring SJax. The other game you have no J-Rich and a bunch of bench dudes getting their fix for the season. I'm not saying the Spurs wouldn't win, but they aren't going to roll as easy as you think...anyway, this is looking too far ahead, the Spurs/Suns series is still very much an interesting series.

The_Game
05-12-2007, 07:33 AM

jazz won at home barley 2
gs has all the conidence in the world now

spurs will

stop acting like spurs are already in the finals. It's very possible the suns will beat the spurs.

Texas_Ranger
05-12-2007, 08:14 AM
BD rules, I've always liked his game.

trueD
05-12-2007, 09:56 AM
Uh, hate to burst your bubble but while you're right about the Warriors owning the Mavs (regular and post season) what makes you (and Trainwreck) think the Spurs will *easily* beat the Warriors? Because of those two games where you guys trounced the Warriors in the regular season? If you want to go by regular season games for your predictions then let me point some out for you. Did you see Game two Suns/Spurs turning out that way? Well, you should've, considering they beat the Spurs by 16 back in February. Like I said above, one of your wins against the Warriors was in a game without Jason Richardson, before the Pacers trade and with Beno scoring 16, Barry scoring 18, Williams scoring 10, Horry scoring 10. You really think those benchers are going to do that again? So you have one game where the Spurs lost against the Warriors without Baron Davis playing and you have one game where the Spurs won against the Warriors with all their guys healthy and after acquiring SJax. The other game you have no J-Rich and a bunch of bench dudes getting their fix for the season. I'm not saying the Spurs wouldn't win, but they aren't going to roll as easy as you think....

Still bitter, eh? :dramaquee

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/columns/analysis/murdoch/ipodgallery/images/cuban_mark050517.jpg
Last Great Act Of Defiance

ponky
05-12-2007, 10:54 AM
Still bitter, eh? :dramaquee

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/columns/analysis/murdoch/ipodgallery/images/cuban_mark050517.jpg
Last Great Act Of Defiance

nope, i was over that midday next day. anyway, i was trying to write about the matchups, about basketball if you will...if you just want to talk smack fine, i'm not into it, two fans of teams out of the playoffs talking smack? no thanks.

Capt Bringdown
05-12-2007, 10:58 AM
You gotta love the way the Warriors play. I wish the Spurs shared some of their passion, enthusiam and joy. Sometimes the "stoic soldier" routine the Spurs are into gets a little tiresome to watch.
C'mon guys, enthusiasm and championships are not mutually exclusive. Don't be so serious.

ponky
05-12-2007, 11:04 AM
You gotta love the way the Warriors play. I wish the Spurs shared some of their passion, enthusiam and joy. Sometimes the "stoic soldier" routine the Spurs are into gets a little tiresome to watch.
C'mon guys, enthusiasm and championships are not mutually exclusive. Don't be so serious.

yup, i agree. warriors AND their fans show so much passion for the game, it's one of the reasons they sometimes get a little hot-headed and pick up a tech but it's well worth it.

ALVAREZ6
05-12-2007, 11:06 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3Gpi1WGesqQ
http://youtube.com/watch?v=uMKIqg5THp4

I love this guyThat's just dirty

dallasmavsnfuego214
05-12-2007, 11:17 AM

the Pistons got swept by GS. got beat by 30 then 20

u dont understand the Warriors then. they feel no pressure, and they keep jacking up 3's. you cant beat them soundly they will always come back and make it close

gtownspur
05-12-2007, 11:26 AM

u dont understand the Warriors then. they feel no pressure, and they keep jacking up 3's. you cant beat them soundly they will always come back and make it close

Yeah, Ymca ball will always trump a d-less mavs team.

ponky
05-12-2007, 11:31 AM
Yeah, Ymca ball will always trump a d-less mavs team.

:lol *ymca* ball....please, don't nobody good play at the Y with all those annual membership fees...dang i miss the cage on fourth street, i used to miss class all the time watching some REAL ballers go at each other

1Parker1
05-12-2007, 01:02 PM
Baron Davis is single-handedly making the NBA postseason exciting again. Other than Mavs (and Jazz fans), almost every NBA fan is rooting for the Warriors, enjoying their run and free style of play on the court, and waiting to see what they do next.

How often do you religiously watch and follow a team other than your favorite team play in the postseason?

I really am hoping the Warriors beat the Jazz, their home crowd is simply the best in the NBA I've seen in a while and the Warriors play like a team that's enjoys playing the game of basketball....

Darrin
05-12-2007, 01:11 PM
I thought he had already put his stamp on the playoffs, but he made an unreal full 360 degree layup and then redefined that defining moment by delivering a vicious facial to Kirlienko.

I hope the Warriors beat the Jazz. Their too fun to watch.

I agree--the Warriors have tapped into the underdog spirit this postseason. I doubt they'll make it to the NBA Finals, but this is one of the heart-warming pleasures of this year's playoffs. To see, Davis--one of my favorite players--re-emerge after years of virtual obscurity, injuries, and scandal.

kris
05-12-2007, 01:24 PM
I thought I was a Spurs fan until I realized I'd get more enjoyment watching the Warriors hoist the trophy than the Spurs.

Maybe.

I'm borderline.

The Warriors make some of the stupidest plays you will ever see on a NBA court, but they play hardass basketball and aren't scared of anything.

The Spurs can pysche themselves out of winning a game which is really annoying.

It's like AK vs. pocket 10s. I'd take either, but I'd probably prefer the pocket 10s because they're ahead at the moment.

ducks
05-12-2007, 01:33 PM

spurs have beat them soundly soundly soundly before

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-13-2007, 08:17 AM
If you haven't been watching the GS v Utah series, YOU SHOULD BE! It's great basketball to watch.

As for us and matchups, one at a time, please. Let's beat the Suns first, then worry about it.

At this point, I think all 4 Western teams are looking pretty fearsome in their own way. The semis are far from over, both series will go 6 or 7 games IMHO.

The only thing I will say is, respect to the Pistons and Cavs, but whoever comes out of the West will win it this year (barring major injury). All four Western teams are a cut above the East when playing their best, and all 4 are showing intermittent signs of their best.

Great playoffs thus far, at least in the West.

Oh, and this is Baron's coming out parade... he always had the talent, but never the right situation. Watch him ride this wave for the next few years as he becomes one of the top echelon of current NBA players.

The_Game
05-13-2007, 08:29 AM
actually i think the Pistons will be the favourites to win it all come finals time. They will be far more rested than whatever comes out of the west.